Scrap a Day, August 4th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 766

Scrap a Day, August 4th

Post by pawprints » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:05 pm

Hey Cherries. Sorry for the late post today. We are in the mist of the tropical storm with winds and rain. DS went outside earlier and took down all my hanging baskets. Right now from the looks of the radar map the brunt of it is in PA and NJ and upper NY, moving north, so this may be the worst that we get here on the Island. Everyone in its path please be safe! There are tornado warnings!

I never did get back to scrapping yesterday as I ended up spending a lot of time outside, taking my 3 mile power walk, filling up the girls' pool and throwing the ball, watering pots and hanging baskets. Came inside and took a shower and then our Peapod delivery arrived so had to put all that away. In between I had laundry going and had to cook dinner. I'm so tired of having to cook dinner. Lol.

I am in for the day so the layout for my Music challenge will be finished!!! Lol. I did work on it a little in between everything yesterday. DH is out having an echocardiogram and should be home soon.

Stay safe Cherries! And have a great day!

Image Image  Image Image

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3501

Re: Scrap a Day, August 4th

Post by Deanna13 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 pm

oh WOW! Be safe,  Barb! I haven't watched the weather or anything. It's another beautiful day here. 75 degrees and I went to Planet Fitness again this morning. We are grilling out right now hamburgers and corn-on-the-cob. Then, I am planning on scrapping the day away. 

Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm

It's been quite the day.  Tornado warnings all over the place and flash flooding.  It's been pouring rain all day and now that the rain isn't too bad, the wind has picked up.  We've lost power on and off but now it's on and hopefully stays on.  We've lost cable and internet several times, too.  

Our cleaning ladies are here now.  I am in my scrap room with the door closed.  They cleaning our bedroom / master bath first and once they finished there they came out to clean the rest of the house and DH went into the bedroom. He and I are communicating on FB Messenger! LOL!!

Since I'm in my scraproom, I should be scrapping but I really don't feel like it. I do have my Sketches in Thyme layout to post to the gallery.  When I went to the grocery store yesterday, I picked up hot dogs and baked beans.  That way in case we lose power, I can cook them on my gas stove.  
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:56 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 pm
oh WOW! Be safe,  Barb! I haven't watched the weather or anything. It's another beautiful day here. 75 degrees and I went to Planet Fitness again this morning. We are grilling out right now hamburgers and corn-on-the-cob. Then, I am planning on scrapping the day away. 

Oh how yummy!!! Enjoy your scrappy day!

Image Image  Image Image

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 308

Post by traveler » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:06 pm

We have that same tropical storm going through here, pouring rain this morning and the power and Internet flashed but its all working now. Seems like the rain is winding down. 

Around here Peapod changed its name to Stop&Shop but whatever it is called, I got my delivery very early this morning so we have food again. All my garden produces this time of year is lots of basil and mint and the occasional cherry tomato that the squirrel didn't eat. Yes, we've been having pesto every week. 

I am working on getting out the envelopes for my ephemera challenge which is scrap adjacent. Since I don't seem to scrap much these days, I'm at least playing with my scrap stuff. Hopefully after I finish these, I will be motivated to actually scrap.

Last edited by traveler on Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm
It's been quite the day.  Tornado warnings all over the place and flash flooding.  It's been pouring rain all day and now that the rain isn't too bad, the wind has picked up.  We've lost power on and off but now it's on and hopefully stays on.  We've lost cable and internet several times, too.  

Our cleaning ladies are here now.  I am in my scrap room with the door closed.  They cleaning our bedroom / master bath first and once they finished there they came out to clean the rest of the house and DH went into the bedroom. He and I are communicating on FB Messenger! LOL!!

Since I'm in my scraproom, I should be scrapping but I really don't feel like it. I do have my Sketches in Thyme layout to post to the gallery.  When I went to the grocery store yesterday, I picked up hot dogs and baked beans.  That way in case we lose power, I can cook them on my gas stove.  
Stay safe Chris! The wind here is fierce and according to the radar map we are only in the outskirts of it. I hope your power stays on!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:15 pm

trainmom wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:06 pm
We have that same tropical storm going through here, pouring rain this morning and the power and Internet flashed but its all working now. Seems like the rain is winding down. 

Around here Peapod changed its name to Stop&Shop but whatever it is called, I got my delivery very early this morning so we have food again. All my garden produces this time of year is lots of basil and mint and the occasional cherry tomato that the squirrel didn't eat. Yes, we've been having pesto every week. 

I am working on getting out the envelopes for my ephemera challenge which is scrap adjacent. Since I don't seem to scrap much these days, I'm at least playing with my scrap stuff. Hopefully after I finish these, I will be motivated to actually scrap.

Stay safe Louise and I hope your power stays on. Ours has been flickering here. I hope we don't lose it. Yes it is called Stop and Shop now. It has really been Stop and Shop all along, it's their delivery service. I guess they decided to put their actual name on it now. It is going to take a while to break the habit of calling it Peapod lol.

Image Image  Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1733

Post by Art_Teacher » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:32 pm

Not much going on here. Stay safe all of you in the East!  We had a long, soaking rain last night, so finally my yard is turning green again and I didn't have to water the flower beds and veggies. :)  Today it is cloudy and breezy...not sure if we are going to see any remnants of that tropical storm or not.  I get so used to them staying in the South that it didn't really occur to me.  

I am still in my slump, but I'm working on it!  At least I got a good bit of the basement rec room cleaned yesterday. :)

Laura
 Image   Image  Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3029

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi cherries! Stay safe if ya'll on the East Coast! Hope none of ya'll lose power!

Deanna - burgers and corn on the cob sounds yummy!

Another busy day here work wise. DH had his conference call earlier and now is getting ready to leave for his COVID test. Its scheduled to be at 4PM.

The girls have been really enjoying having him home. He's on the other side of the house - and sometimes I can hear him laugh because the girls are giving him so much LOVE. Its sweet! They just got finished getting me and they were playing with a toy together. It was sweet. Now they are snoozing and snoring. LOL.

Been chatting with my SIL. Draven is going to be TWO years old in TWO weeks! WHAT!?!?!?! How can that be? She was telling me how he's wearing 3T now. They sure do grow like weeds huh?!?!? She wants to do something for him - more than just a mommy, daddy and brother party. She was going to invite Dad, Laura and us. Dad and Laura take turns babysitting Jasper. I had told her about Rob's situation and she totally understands if his results are posititve. But I told her if that happens, maybe we can do FaceTime. But I'm ready to go shopping for li'l man though.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 685

Post by blfonty » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 pm

Hi Cherries! Checking in a little late, but it's been a busy day of celebration. DH and I spent the day together for our 47th anniversary! Can't really believe it's been that many years. We drove over to the mountains, enjoyed a late lunch and spent some time outside at one of the picnic areas. Snapped a few pictures that will be fun to scrap. Felt really good to get out for a change. I've been working at home since mid-March and probably will continue working from home through August at least.

Watched the weather channel last night and the progression of the hurricane on the east coast. Hope you all stay safe and don't get the damaging winds and rain in your area.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.   

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1733

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:52 am

blfonty wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 pm
Hi Cherries! Checking in a little late, but it's been a busy day of celebration. DH and I spent the day together for our 47th anniversary! Can't really believe it's been that many years. We drove over to the mountains, enjoyed a late lunch and spent some time outside at one of the picnic areas. Snapped a few pictures that will be fun to scrap. Felt really good to get out for a change. I've been working at home since mid-March and probably will continue working from home through August at least.

Watched the weather channel last night and the progression of the hurricane on the east coast. Hope you all stay safe and don't get the damaging winds and rain in your area.
Happy Anniversary!  It sounds like you had a great day! :)

Laura
 Image   Image  Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:17 pm
Hi cherries! Stay safe if ya'll on the East Coast! Hope none of ya'll lose power!

Another busy day here work wise. DH had his conference call earlier and now is getting ready to leave for his COVID test. Its scheduled to be at 4PM.

The girls have been really enjoying having him home. He's on the other side of the house - and sometimes I can hear him laugh because the girls are giving him so much LOVE. Its sweet! They just got finished getting me and they were playing with a toy together. It was sweet. Now they are snoozing and snoring. LOL.

Been chatting with my SIL. Draven is going to be TWO years old in TWO weeks! WHAT!?!?!?! How can that be? She was telling me how he's wearing 3T now. They sure do grow like weeds huh?!?!? She wants to do something for him - more than just a mommy, daddy and brother party. She was going to invite Dad, Laura and us. Dad and Laura take turns babysitting Jasper. I had told her about Rob's situation and she totally understands if his results are posititve. But I told her if that happens, maybe we can do FaceTime. But I'm ready to go shopping for li'l man though.

I hope all is well with Rob's COVID test Brandy! My JJ is going to be THREE on the same day! I am going to be doing online shopping for her. She is already up to a size 4 and sometimes 5! They do grow so fast! And she is into all things Mini and all things princess and pretty! Hope you all get to have your party. I've had it and I am going to see my baby girl no matter what!!!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:18 pm

blfonty wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 pm

Happy Anniversary! So glad you and your dh had such a nice day celebrating together! Congrats on 47 years!! My dh and I are going on 46 years this December!

Image Image  Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3029

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:36 pm

pawprints wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:

I hope all is well with Rob's COVID test Brandy! My JJ is going to be THREE on the same day! I am going to be doing online shopping for her. She is already up to a size 4 and sometimes 5! They do grow so fast! And she is into all things Mini and all things princess and pretty! Hope you all get to have your party. I've had it and I am going to see my baby girl no matter what!!! 

I still think its so cool that JJ is exactly ONE year older than Draven! He is into Mickey Mouse and Monster Trucks! LOL.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:32 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:36 pm
pawprints wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:

I still think its so cool that JJ is exactly ONE year older than Draven! He is into Mickey Mouse and Monster Trucks! LOL. 
Awww Mickey and Mini! So cute!

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”