Scrap a Day, August 6th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 767

Scrap a Day, August 6th

Post by pawprints » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:40 am

Hey Cherries. Overcast and raining here right now. The rain is supposed to stop but it looks like it’s going to be overcast and cloudy. Not much of an outdoor day. Nothing going on here so I plan to stay in and work on cleaning up my scrap room and doing some scrapping.

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!

Image Image  Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1735

Re: Scrap a Day, August 6th

Post by Art_Teacher » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:49 am

That was our weather about 3 days ago...what followed was gorgeous, less humid and less hot! :)  Today is beautiful and we will have a high around 82. Getting hotter tomorrow and for the weekend and next week, back to the 90's, but I have really enjoyed these past 2 days. :)

I'm going out to weed my last flower bed...didn't want to do it yesterday and waste the beautiful weather on hard work. lol Reading on my deck was a lot more appealing. ;)

Maybe some scrapping later, we'll see!
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1248

Post by CarrieG » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:59 am

yay i have missed this thread!

partly cloudy and not super hot yet today.......not sure what will happen this afternoon

busy day with all my kiddos today....MY summer went too fast.....but im hoping at naptime to scrap!  

have a great day all!

aheatfan
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 298

Post by aheatfan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:35 pm

Rainy and HOT here. Cleaning up scraproom today and starting to put some serious thought into how I'm going to turn it into a classroom. Youngest taking his driver's license test today and having new refrigerator delivered so lots going on. Probably no scrapping today. Happy Scrapping to you all :)
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1122

Post by beachlover » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi Cherries,

I miss this thread as well as scrapping.  Trying to get back to some sort of "normal" in my life.  
Most days I really wish I had not retired, but the whole reason was to help take care of and spend time with
my dad so mom could keep working because she needed and enjoyed  the time she spent with her work friends.
Me, not I feel kinda worthless and not needed.  It has been really tough.  Right now I am putting together wine/booze and goodies baskets together  for people in 2 groups of wine fairies I am in.  Also have a Pampered Chef virtual party going right now and 2 boxes of stuff that arrived to unpack.  And I just prepped dinner, a new recipe.  If it turns out well, I will share it!  Also promised my mom that I would go over this weekend to help her with things.  She wants to start going through my dad's stuff and I do not want her to do it alone!

Hopefully as soon as I get the booze bags done and out then I can start scrapping again.  It has always been the one thing that made me  feel good.
Here is the link to my party going on now if anyone is interested, and its with a vendor group, so at any point if I am offering deals, discounts and free products and you have ordered, I will be watching and make sure you get that deal too!  My SIL was the first to place an order, so she is getting a special free gift!

https://www.pamperedchef.com/party/annlandwher0804

Have a great day all!!

Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:07 pm

We were supposed to have our driveway paved today but it rained this morning so they postponed to Saturday.  It is now bright and sunny and less humid.  I walked earlier but my hip is really bothering me so I'm not sure if I'll take another walk later.  I have meatballs in the crockpot so I've been spending time in my scrap room.  I got this one done for the Make the Cut Challenge by using my kit for the Motivational Prompt as well.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:08 pm

pawprints wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:40 am
Hey Cherries. Overcast and raining here right now. The rain is supposed to stop but it looks like it’s going to be overcast and cloudy. Not much of an outdoor day. Nothing going on here so I plan to stay in and work on cleaning up my scrap room and doing some scrapping.

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!
I hope your rain stops - ours did!

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:49 am
That was our weather about 3 days ago...what followed was gorgeous, less humid and less hot! :)  Today is beautiful and we will have a high around 82. Getting hotter tomorrow and for the weekend and next week, back to the 90's, but I have really enjoyed these past 2 days. :)

I'm going out to weed my last flower bed...didn't want to do it yesterday and waste the beautiful weather on hard work. lol Reading on my deck was a lot more appealing. ;)

Maybe some scrapping later, we'll see!
Enjoy your beautiful weather!!

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:10 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:59 am
yay i have missed this thread!

partly cloudy and not super hot yet today.......not sure what will happen this afternoon

busy day with all my kiddos today....MY summer went too fast.....but im hoping at naptime to scrap!  

have a great day all!

We've missed you too, Carrie.  Enjoy naptime - hope you get to scrap.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:12 pm

aheatfan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:35 pm
Rainy and HOT here. Cleaning up scraproom today and starting to put some serious thought into how I'm going to turn it into a classroom. Youngest taking his driver's license test today and having new refrigerator delivered so lots going on. Probably no scrapping today. Happy Scrapping to you all :)

Such weird times - good luck with turning your scraproom into a classroom!
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:16 pm

beachlover wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:46 pm
Hi Cherries,

I miss this thread as well as scrapping.  Trying to get back to some sort of "normal" in my life.  
Most days I really wish I had not retired, but the whole reason was to help take care of and spend time with
my dad so mom could keep working because she needed and enjoyed  the time she spent with her work friends.
Me, not I feel kinda worthless and not needed.  It has been really tough.  Right now I am putting together wine/booze and goodies baskets together  for people in 2 groups of wine fairies I am in.  Also have a Pampered Chef virtual party going right now and 2 boxes of stuff that arrived to unpack.  And I just prepped dinner, a new recipe.  If it turns out well, I will share it!  Also promised my mom that I would go over this weekend to help her with things.  She wants to start going through my dad's stuff and I do not want her to do it alone!

Hopefully as soon as I get the booze bags done and out then I can start scrapping again.  It has always been the one thing that made me  feel good.
Here is the link to my party going on now if anyone is interested, and its with a vendor group, so at any point if I am offering deals, discounts and free products and you have ordered, I will be watching and make sure you get that deal too!  My SIL was the first to place an order, so she is getting a special free gift!

Have a great day all!!

Ann please don't feel worthless.  I'm sure your mom appreciates you being there for her whenever she needs you.  Funny thing about retiring - I still have dreams about work.  They are really strange dreams and the company I worked for closed their doors at the end of May.  

I wish this whole Pandemic would end and I could scarp with you and your mom again.  
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 239

Post by karensay » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:51 pm

I WANT to scrap, I just cannot get myself to do it.  I have 2 layouts ideas OUT and can't find the right photos.  I have a photo to be printed that I might be able to use, but that means re-learning how to use my Picturemate.

Have a LOT of things I should be listing on Ebay and Craigslist.  Scrapbook, quilting, clothing, canning, tupperware, depression era glass...need to get rid of it all!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1028

Post by MTCanuk » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:13 pm

Short visits here this week as I have had grandson #2.  His 2 older siblings and dad are at Scout camp.  So keeping him entertained has been my priority. Yesterday was my free day and the lawn needed mowing before it got too hot and play catch up around the house. But I managed to squeeze the Becky Fleck challenge in, under the wire.

Have decided to go visit my daughter out in Seattle for a couple of weeks and just hang out at her house, instead of mine. She has been quarantined since March and working from home.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:37 pm

Painful hip means no more walks outside but another layout done.  This is for the Movie of the Decade Challenge.

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3031

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 pm

Hola cherries! Didn't realize its 5pm and I hadn't responded here. Been busy with work. My client wants a new feature and I have no clue where to start, so research, research, research! Got started on it yesterday. Made lots of head way today and hopefully will finish my research by tomorrow. Then come Monday, I zero in on my findings and give my client some feedback. Then get started on incorporating the actual feature. I've learned some new terms though!

Anyways, definetly no scrapping for me tonight as both DH and I are still working. The furkids are sure lovin' having him home! I lost all 3 of my doggie co workers to him when he decided to have a snack break at 3pm! And like a good husband of a scrapper, he took a picture of them begging and texted to me! LOL! Then Jackson came in and wanted to play with his monitors. LOL. Silly kitty!

Nothing new going on here except the Carter's order I placed for Draven's bday gifts shipped TODAY! Yay! I still can't believe that monkey is going to be 2!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:57 pm

beachlover wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:46 pm
Hi Cherries,

Have a great day all!!

So many ((hugs)) to you Ann.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:58 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:07 pm
We were supposed to have our driveway paved today but it rained this morning so they postponed to Saturday.  It is now bright and sunny and less humid.  I walked earlier but my hip is really bothering me so I'm not sure if I'll take another walk later.  I have meatballs in the crockpot so I've been spending time in my scrap room.  I got this one done for the Make the Cut Challenge by using my kit for the Motivational Prompt as well.

Beautiful layout Chris. I love the colors and that photo is so sweet!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:01 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:13 pm
Short visits here this week as I have had grandson #2.  His 2 older siblings and dad are at Scout camp.  So keeping him entertained has been my priority. Yesterday was my free day and the lawn needed mowing before it got too hot and play catch up around the house. But I managed to squeeze the Becky Fleck challenge in, under the wire.

Have decided to go visit my daughter out in Seattle for a couple of weeks and just hang out at her house, instead of mine. She has been quarantined since March and working from home.

That is so nice that you will be going to spend time with your dd! Have a great time with her. It's nice that you can quarantine together.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:02 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:37 pm
Painful hip means no more walks outside but another layout done.  This is for the Movie of the Decade Challenge.

Sweet layout Chris!!

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”