Scrap a Day, August 12th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 768

Scrap a Day, August 12th

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:27 pm

Hey Cherries. It’s a steam bath outside today. I really want to go for my power walk but Just can’t do it when it is this bad out. We are at 86 with a heat index of 95. And the dew point is 75! Total yuck out there. I’ll be doing inside things today. I have a bunch of packages to open that came in with JJs birthday presents then I really really need to work on my scrap room. It’s hard to play when everything is in your way.

Btw dh is better and no fever all day yesterday. Thank God I am so relieved!

Stay safe Cherries and have a great day!
Last edited by pawprints on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Re: Scrap a Day, August 12th

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:27 pm

Hey Cherries. It’s a steam bath outside today. I really want to go for my power walk but just can’t do it when it is this bad out. We are at 86 with a heat index of 95. And the dew point is 75! Total yuck out there. I’ll be doing inside things today. I have a bunch of packages to open that came in with JJs birthday presents then I really really need to work on my scrap room. It’s hard to play when everything is in your way.

Image Image  Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1248

Post by CarrieG » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:48 pm

Barb sorry it is so steamy there...ugh
it is dry and hot here..looking at 107ish for today and the next few days...just when school starts tomorrow...figures

i finished up a layout i started yesterday and got it uploaded and put away and am slowly planning my next one.........with the hopes of getting it done tonight

i need to get my kitchen tidied up so that during naptime i can try and get some scrapping done........i wont have my dd as my helper after tomorrow....ugh  might have to start getting up at like 4 am to have time to scrap...LOL

have a great day all!

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3031

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:10 pm

Hi cherries. Barb, I don't go for my walks from mid-June til at least mid-Sept because its so hot/humid. 91 now with a heat index of 106. Our humidity is on the dry side...lol...dry for us anyways. 65%. Better than the 97% humidity we woke up too! 😂 😂 😂

Another day, another dollar. And its Wednesday, so my dad is babysitting Jasper. Checked on the dogs this morning. Will go back after lunch.

Not sure if I'll make it to my room later. I really like that Sketch Laura posted for MMC. Maybe I'll look thru pictures.

Have a great day ya'll and try not to melt! 😉
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:55 pm

Well our heat and humidity turned into a thunderstorm. Downpouring rain, thunder and lightning. We even lost power but thank goodness it was only out for about 10 mins. Twinkie was not happy and freaking out a bit not from the thunder that doesn’t bother her but from the high pitched sounds that all the UPSes were making when the power went out. She does not like that at all so ds went and shut down the computers so we could turn the UPSes off. Sky could care less and took her nap on the couch. Lol. Still storming out but rain has let up a bit. Temp dropped hoping humidity will drop too.

Image Image  Image Image

aheatfan
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 298

Post by aheatfan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:20 pm

Barb, glad your husband is feeling better. It's so scary now, I woke up with a little sore throat and panicked. Never would I have panicked before, gone today.  Sad and scary times. It is so HOT here too. Hoping to get a few layouts done today, want to do as much as possible before work starts on Monday. Happy Scrapping everyone :)
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1737

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:04 pm

Barb, Paisley sends Twinkie good vibes...she hates it when the UPSes are beeping, too!  Hopefully, you cool down some after the rain. It is hot and sticky here, too.  No rain in sight!  Grass getting crunchy and dry again.  

Carrie, do your schools at least have a/c? I thought it was bad here when school starts...107 is too much!

Brandy, I can't wait to see what you do with that MMC challenge. :)

Kristin, I know what you mean...I am constantly checking my symptoms and I haven't even started back to school.  Ugh!  I bought a thermometer yesterday. I know, it's weird we didn't have one, but we are never sick and don't have kids. I am supposed to check my temp every morning and call in if I have a fever. smh

Puttering around the house today, trying to tie up odds and ends before I have to go back to school.  Laundry, sorting, cleaning, etc.  No fun, but it must be done!  I'd rather scrap. lol
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:19 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:04 pm
Barb, Paisley sends Twinkie good vibes...she hates it when the UPSes are beeping, too!  Hopefully, you cool down some after the rain. It is hot and sticky here, too.  No rain in sight!  Grass getting crunchy and dry again.  

Carrie, do your schools at least have a/c? I thought it was bad here when school starts...107 is too much!

Kristin, I know what you mean...I am constantly checking my symptoms and I haven't even started back to school.  Ugh!  I bought a thermometer yesterday. I know, it's weird we didn't have one, but we are never sick and don't have kids. I am supposed to check my temp every morning and call in if I have a fever. smh

Puttering around the house today, trying to tie up odds and ends before I have to go back to school.  Laundry, sorting, cleaning, etc.  No fun, but it must be done!  I'd rather scrap. lol

yes we have AC but i am not super sure about how much it will be on with the virus etc....those are details i havent heard much about yet  guess i will find out tomorrow eh?  LOL  i feel for you!

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:20 pm

aheatfan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:20 pm
Barb, glad your husband is feeling better. It's so scary now, I woke up with a little sore throat and panicked. Never would I have panicked before, gone today.  Sad and scary times. It is so HOT here too. Hoping to get a few layouts done today, want to do as much as possible before work starts on Monday. Happy Scrapping everyone :)

its so freaky how we become soooooooooooo conscious of things now..........im pretty sure i have had strep throat the last week but wasnt about to go get tested again.....ugh

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 569

Post by Berta R. » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:43 pm

It's hot and yucky here in Northern CA, too.  Suppose to hit 110 by the weekend.  So not looking forward to that.

Barb, glad to hear your DH is feeling better.

Carrie, do you run a day care?  We still don't know for sure about back to school stuff here.  So far it's still on hold.

I've got some photos printed out last night so I'm having fun with a few of them.  My granddaughter and her friends love this app.  I'm hoping to get a couple more pages done this afternoon.  

***Berta***

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:01 pm

I haven't even been outside today.  Right now it's dark and gloomy with thunderstorms coming our way.  I'm already hearing thunder. As always, I'm terrfied of losing power.

I did get the Becky Fleck Sketch Challenge done.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:03 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:04 pm

We got lots of rain, but the humidity is now even more horrible! I opened the door to let the girls out and it is like opening the door to a sauna. The glass is even all seemed up. Ugh.

((Hugs)) for having to go back to school and everything you are going to have to deal with. I feel for you,

Image Image  Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:03 pm

pawprints wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:27 pm
Hey Cherries. It’s a steam bath outside today. I really want to go for my power walk but just can’t do it when it is this bad out. We are at 86 with a heat index of 95. And the dew point is 75! Total yuck out there. I’ll be doing inside things today. I have a bunch of packages to open that came in with JJs birthday presents then I really really need to work on my scrap room. It’s hard to play when everything is in your way.

That is wonderful mews about your DH!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:05 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:48 pm
Barb sorry it is so steamy there...ugh
it is dry and hot here..looking at 107ish for today and the next few days...just when school starts tomorrow...figures

i finished up a layout i started yesterday and got it uploaded and put away and am slowly planning my next one.........with the hopes of getting it done tonight

i need to get my kitchen tidied up so that during naptime i can try and get some scrapping done........i wont have my dd as my helper after tomorrow....ugh  might have to start getting up at like 4 am to have time to scrap...LOL

have a great day all!
That is hot! Stay cool!!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:06 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:10 pm
Hi cherries. Barb, I don't go for my walks from mid-June til at least mid-Sept because its so hot/humid. 91 now with a heat index of 106. Our humidity is on the dry side...lol...dry for us anyways. 65%. Better than the 97% humidity we woke up too! 😂 😂 😂

Another day, another dollar. And its Wednesday, so my dad is babysitting Jasper. Checked on the dogs this morning. Will go back after lunch.

Not sure if I'll make it to my room later. I really like that Sketch Laura posted for MMC. Maybe I'll look thru pictures.

Have a great day ya'll and try not to melt! 😉

Yeah I was hoping to get a walk in today but humidity is even worse now that the storm passed. Ugh.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:08 pm

aheatfan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:20 pm

I know right. Every little thing gets us to worrying now. Glad your sore throat is better today.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:10 pm

GmaBerta wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:43 pm
It's hot and yucky here in Northern CA, too.  Suppose to hit 110 by the weekend.  So not looking forward to that.

Barb, glad to hear your DH is feeling better.

Carrie, do you run a day care?  We still don't know for sure about back to school stuff here.  So far it's still on hold.

I've got some photos printed out last night so I'm having fun with a few of them.  My granddaughter and her friends love this app.  I'm hoping to get a couple more pages done this afternoon.  

This is so cute!!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:11 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:01 pm
I haven't even been outside today.  Right now it's dark and gloomy with thunderstorms coming our way.  I'm already hearing thunder. As always, I'm terrfied of losing power.

I did get the Becky Fleck Sketch Challenge done.

I hope you don't get hit hard with those storms and I hope you don't lose your power! Great colorful layout!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:12 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:03 pm
pawprints wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:27 pm

That is wonderful mews about your DH!! 
Thanks Chris.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:14 pm

Sorry for the double OP Cherries. I did an edit on my phone and don't know WTH it did. Lol.

BTW, dd and family FINALLY got their power back last night! I'm so happy for them it was out for so long.

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”