have you noticed........

Moderator: ACOT Employee

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1246

have you noticed........

Post by CarrieG » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:17 pm

there are specific themes of lines that you buy and then you go hmmm why?  LOL

i buy quite a bit of FALL stuff--when we dont even really have a true fall here...i just love the colors...haaaaaaaaaa

i also buy a lot of Halloween and Christmas--two times im horrible at taking more than a lil bit of photos..........

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1733

Re: have you noticed........

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:21 pm

LOL...guilty!  I used to buy tons of baby stuff, but I find myself not using it much, even though there are relatives with babies, because most of the photos have adults in them, as well.  I also buy way too much school-related stuff.  I don't do many layouts of me teaching and I don't really have time to take photos of my students. smh  

I seriously need to do a supply purge and get down to only the things I will use!
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1227

Post by lissahope26 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:47 pm

I love fall colors too.  I'm in the same boat with that one.  Not too many hot cocoa and sweater days in La. 

I have a ton of Christmas.  The problem with the Christmas collections I have, they do not match my photos.  I have traditional red and green Christmas photos.  I have no idea where these companies come up with these shades for Christmas. 

Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1733

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:25 pm

We used to do this cool swap (before postage got outrageous) where one person started a box and put new supplies in it that she wouldn't use.  Then, she mailed it to the next person on the list, who would take out anything they wanted to use and put in new stuff from their stash that wasn't useful to them. It made its rounds and we all got some really nice, useful stuff. Plus, we got to purge our stash. Of course, we had some basic rules about what could go into it (no half-used items or non-scrappy supplies, etc.)  At the end, there were some really ugly papers that got donated to a school somewhere. lol

Would anybody be interested in doing this?  I could organize it. We could use a Flat Rate Priority box to keep the cost down. :)
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1227

Post by lissahope26 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:25 pm
We used to do this cool swap (before postage got outrageous) where one person started a box and put new supplies in it that she wouldn't use.  Then, she mailed it to the next person on the list, who would take out anything they wanted to use and put in new stuff from their stash that wasn't useful to them. It made its rounds and we all got some really nice, useful stuff. Plus, we got to purge our stash. Of course, we had some basic rules about what could go into it (no half-used items or non-scrappy supplies, etc.)  At the end, there were some really ugly papers that got donated to a school somewhere. lol

Would anybody be interested in doing this?  I could organize it. We could use a Flat Rate Priority box to keep the cost down. :)

I remember that and participated a few Times.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1338

Post by scrapy1967 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:35 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:25 pm

I remember doing this once. 

ImageImage 

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 271

Post by Vicki R. » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:50 pm

Swapping was always fun...I remember doing this in the past along with other types of swaps.

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 275

Post by DN in MN » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:25 am

Oh goodness yes.  I have purchased the last four of Paige Evans collections and have used very little of any of it!  I have stopped buying Halloween stuff and am finally down to a reasonable stash.  I donated over 50lbs of stuff to the Daycare by grandkids go to :)  I tend to buy for photos but it takes me so long to get to those photos, I forget and then buy new stuff... good lord!
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 51/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 775

Post by suewho372 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:16 am

Yep guilty here!!!

I looooove fall - and snow collections!!! of course growing up in Wisconsin I grew up with having those seasons. Full seasons.
I moved from there long ago and in southeast Missouri many years we get no fall colors from being too dry, or too rainy. Sometimes we get some fall. Mostly do not get much snow. There have been some snowstorms and oh how I love them. But mostly we get ice- ugh!
I used to always loooove halloween papers. But the kids are grown and now I have grands but they are babies yet. I have enough to scrap my kids and them for some time!
I do love the doggo collections! I will always have doggies. Lol
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 308

Post by traveler » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:23 am

I have way too many tropical and beach collections. We sometimes take beach vacations but not nearly enough to every use all the product in that category. Especially since my kids are no longer small and I take a lot less of those sorts of photos. 

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 275

Post by Flasher » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 am

Not really anymore. I used to pick up quite a few of the Graphic 45 lines after getting absolutely giddy over them. Then, I would end up staring at them almost in horror. I've given them all away as RAKs, and no longer purchase them. Even though . . . sometimes . . . :greenwinka:
I wish people came with a thirty second trailer so I can see what I'm getting myself into. 

druffing
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 331

Post by druffing » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:43 am

My collections are insane when it comes to Christmas or any other holiday really.  And if it says Echo Park or Carta Bella you can be sure I most likely have it!  
Debra
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1nana2girlsscrapbook/

ImageImage

Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 977

Post by Sara Scraps » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:33 pm

I do this soo much! Especially with fall and winter collections! They are just sooo pretty lol

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:42 pm

I've never met a Fall Collection that I didn't love!!  Since I usually host Thanksgiving, many of them can be used for that holiday.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”