Scrap a Day, August 13th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 766

Scrap a Day, August 13th

Post by pawprints » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:26 am

Hey Cherries. Overcast and muggy again today. Last night we lost power but luckily it was only out for an hour and 45 mins. Don’t know what caused it unless it had something to do with all the repairs that are still going on all over the place.

I have a mani/pedi today then home to work more on my craft room. I am just putzing with it because I don’t know where to put things. Ugh.

Hope you all have a great day Cherries and stay safe.

Image Image  Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3029

Re: Scrap a Day, August 13th

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:44 am

Good morning Barb. Sorry ya'll lost power, but at least it didn't last too long.

Nothing new going on here. Just working. Dad is babysitting Jasper. I've already been to house once this morning. Will do it again after lunch. I'm home now, but will run back out. I need to make a PetCo run for dog food. And I'll probably pick up some treats as well for them. I have a coupon for 10% of dog/cat food, and they have their treats on sale for Buy One, get One 50% off. And if they have Jackson's variety pack he likes, I'll get that. If not, I'll get it at HEB when I go get groceries tomorrow.

Have a great day!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:28 am

We are due to get major rain this afternoon so I’m heading out to the pharmacy to pick up meds for DH. And then to the grocery store for just a few things. I have my second chair yoga class at 4:00 so hope to scrap before then.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1026

Post by MTCanuk » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:44 am

I spent a long day on the road yesterday, as I drove to my dd’s in Seattle.  Just as easy just to hang out at her house, as mine and have a much over do visit. This is the dd who has cancelled her wedding in Oct.  we plan to do some canning while I am here. And I brought my sewing machine and hope to work on some Christmas gifts. I basically only stopped for gas and bathroom breaks. Packed my food and snacks. 
No scrapping for the next couple of weeks.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1733

Post by Art_Teacher » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:33 pm

Not much happening here...just hot, lazy days of summer, I guess.  Still working on cleaning, organizing, etc.  Heat makes me so unmotivated, though!

Laura
 Image   Image  Image

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 974

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:07 pm

I am drowning in manuscripts lol but am doing little scrappy things here and there. I found my pics from Sesame Place (summer 2005! DD was born Dec 2005!) which I'm going to be focusing on for the rest of this month I think. Louise's ephemera challenge stuff was Sesame Street stickers  :greeninlove: and there are 7 rolls of film to work with so I'm sure I will be able to use them for the MMC challenges this week  :greeninlove: I was just looking through them earlier today and was cracking up. We had a professional shot (me and DS who was 5 at the time) taken of us with Bert & Ernie and I honestly think I was more excited LOL! And I practically tackled Grover when I saw him too, me with a 16 week pregnant belly - how frightening for that poor teenager in the costume LOL! Will be fun to scrap though.                   

Dh had to work 3 days this week - OMG lol - usually it's been just on Mondays. More people are starting to come into the office (law firm, he's the supplies manager/department). DD just went out to see her friends and walk around the neighborhood. DS is bummed because his college was supposed to open in person and just found out yesterday that they are doing the Fall semester totally remote. He is in his thesis year and only has 3 classes plus his thesis mentorship (worth 2 classes). Between not being able to go out and do things with his girlfriend (they really just spend time at her apt when her dad says it's okay lol), being home since March, and now not able to do in person classes - he is not doing well. Plus his 21 bday is next week and we thought we'd have a big party and/or go out for dinne rso he could order a beer LOL. We made a Y2K time capsule and always said we'd open on his 21 bday but think we'll save it for another time. Anyway, the mental health crisis is real. We are all climbing the walls really. Well, not DH, he loves not having to be at work lol. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 308

Post by traveler » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Hot and muggy here also. We had a lot of thunder this morning, but no rain, but I couldn't take a morning walk so I scrapped in the morning and walked in the afternoon. It was just a simple pocket page for my son's high school album, but it's my first scrapbook page this month, so that's good. 

My sister is moving today (she lives in California and is moving to a new home, also in California). I feel bad that I am not there helping her, but it really isn't an option to fly across the country these days. I've been helping her in spirit with the planning and stuff, but I ca't really help today.  She has people meeting her at the new place to help her decide where the furniture goes, so she'll be fine. 

I'm also working on housewarming gift for my sister which will be a trivet made of wine corks. I really can't work on it today because my husband is working from home today in the room that I was working on it. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 308

Post by traveler » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:14 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:07 pm
I am drowning in manuscripts lol but am doing little scrappy things here and there. I found my pics from Sesame Place (summer 2005! DD was born Dec 2005!) which I'm going to be focusing on for the rest of this month I think. Louise's ephemera challenge stuff was Sesame Street stickers  :greeninlove: and there are 7 rolls of film to work with so I'm sure I will be able to use them for the MMC challenges this week  :greeninlove: I was just looking through them earlier today and was cracking up. We had a professional shot (me and DS who was 5 at the time) taken of us with Bert & Ernie and I honestly think I was more excited LOL! And I practically tackled Grover when I saw him too, me with a 16 week pregnant belly - how frightening for that poor teenager in the costume LOL! Will be fun to scrap though.                   

Dh had to work 3 days this week - OMG lol - usually it's been just on Mondays. More people are starting to come into the office (law firm, he's the supplies manager/department). DD just went out to see her friends and walk around the neighborhood. DS is bummed because his college was supposed to open in person and just found out yesterday that they are doing the Fall semester totally remote. He is in his thesis year and only has 3 classes plus his thesis mentorship (worth 2 classes). Between not being able to go out and do things with his girlfriend (they really just spend time at her apt when her dad says it's okay lol), being home since March, and now not able to do in person classes - he is not doing well. Plus his 21 bday is next week and we thought we'd have a big party and/or go out for dinne rso he could order a beer LOL. We made a Y2K time capsule and always said we'd open on his 21 bday but think we'll save it for another time. Anyway, the mental health crisis is real. We are all climbing the walls really. Well, not DH, he loves not having to be at work lol. 
Glad I found a good home for those stickers. There's more if you need, just let me know. I mentioned in my note that we used to live near Sesame Place, it was just past our local grocery store. So, we used to get a season pass which was really cheap and we used to go at weird times when the place was empty, at least once a week. So, when my son was about 2, he loved Elmo and we used to go hug him each time we went there. So, one day I was at the supermarket with my son in the cart seat and a young woman recognizes him and whispers to me that she is Elmo. She told him that she works with Elmo so as not to ruin the mystique. What sweet days.

My son's college is still planning to be in person, he leaves Monday. Fingers crossed that this really happens. He is so excited to be packing and getting out of here. 

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:18 pm

Good afternoon - I got the Cherry Lift Challenge completed.  Now I need to get ready for my chair yoga class.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

CreativeClutter
Cherry Tart

Post by CreativeClutter » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:26 pm

I am looking to do a scrapbook for my cousin (a man) of his life- special memories - family, christmas's, beach, family barbecue, coaching softball, his children, family members who have passed, and him today. Most of my pictures are 4 x 5.5 I am using a 12 x 12 album. I want my album to have a nice flow to it. Some of my pages I just want one 4 x 5.5 photo to go on, but it seems as if it will get lost on a 12 x 12 page. I also want it to be clean and simple - not have a lot of flowers or anything like that. Can you give me any suggestions. I also need to purchase papers - but don't want to spend an absolute fortune. Any suggestions on that also?

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:40 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:44 am
I spent a long day on the road yesterday, as I drove to my dd’s in Seattle.  Just as easy just to hang out at her house, as mine and have a much over do visit. This is the dd who has cancelled her wedding in Oct.  we plan to do some canning while I am here. And I brought my sewing machine and hope to work on some Christmas gifts. I basically only stopped for gas and bathroom breaks. Packed my food and snacks. 
No scrapping for the next couple of weeks.

Glad you got there safe. Have a great time with her!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:48 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:18 pm
Good afternoon - I got the Cherry Lift Challenge completed.  Now I need to get ready for my chair yoga class.

Awesome layout Chris!

Image Image  Image Image

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 569

Post by Berta R. » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:08 pm

Hot , muggy weather here, too.  It's going to get even hotter as the weekend rolls in...110 plus!  Yikes!

I finished a LO this afternoon in spite of the help (NOT!!!) from granddaughters kitten.  What a little pain!  Got some cute pics of him, too, so I'll be scrapping more pet pages later.  Here's what I finished today.

My son and granddaughter killing time at a red light on the way to visit me and DH.   :-D

***Berta***

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1122

Post by beachlover » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Hi Cherries,

Ran to grocery store this morning with my mom.  I think I am the only one of siblings spending time with her, even if its
running errands together.  She tells me all the time that it means so much to her.  I know my one sister was texting her every morning, but I get the feeling that has tapered off or stopped.  I think we are going to venture out to Hobby Lobby soon with my girlfriend that I crop with a lot.

I HAVE to start scrapbooking again BY the last week in August.  My SIL wants to make a special album for my niece and her fiance.  I think it will be a shower gift.  The shower is early Oct. and the wedding is May.  They were supposed to be married this past May buy had to cancel everything.  Plus she got her Masters Degree a few weeks ago.  Poor Brittany is so hurt that all her plans and special moments have been messed up.  She is the kindest, sweetest girl and so sensitive.    I love her as if she were my own.  Well, I feel like that with all my nieces and nephews!.  Anyway, my SIL has not scrapped in years and even looking at my work, she is crazy about all the changes in scrapping!.  So, we are spending the whole last week at my house and knocking this album out!  I told Rose not to buy anything, I have SOOO much stuff and we can always run to HL if we really need to.  That will be really fun but right now by scrap room is a tornado, and my dining room table is full of bags and baskets - I am making gifts of wine and goodies - in 2 wine fairy groups and I want to get all caught up then take a break a bit.  

Chris, I love our LO!
Louise, I got my envelope today and love it!!!
Anne-Marie, I am so sorry about Anthony's school and birthday!  At least he is able to spend some time with his gf.  What are the limitations where you are?  Can you go to a restaurant where they have outdoor seating?  Maybe just the family and invite his gf?  My heart hurts for you guys and so many others I know.  I even have really bad days I don't want to get out of bed.  Honestly the only people I see are my dad and hubby.  And I worry about mom all alone in that big house even though we are 2 doors away,
Today I was doing really good, had lots of energy until I was in the grocery store, bent down to pick up a container of sour cream and as I looked up, I saw rice pudding.  My dad absolutely loved that!  So I started crying in the grocery store like an idiot.

Wishing everyone a great night and stay cool!

Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:23 pm

GmaBerta wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:08 pm
Hot , muggy weather here, too.  It's going to get even hotter as the weekend rolls in...110 plus!  Yikes!

I finished a LO this afternoon in spite of the help (NOT!!!) from granddaughters kitten.  What a little pain!  Got some cute pics of him, too, so I'll be scrapping more pet pages later.  Here's what I finished today.

My son and granddaughter killing time at a red light on the way to visit me and DH.   :-D

Omg that is hot!! Your layout is so cute!!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:37 pm

beachlover wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:14 pm
Hi Cherries,

Ran to grocery store this morning with my mom.  I think I am the only one of siblings spending time with her, even if its
running errands together.  She tells me all the time that it means so much to her.  I know my one sister was texting her every morning, but I get the feeling that has tapered off or stopped.  I think we are going to venture out to Hobby Lobby soon with my girlfriend that I crop with a lot.

I HAVE to start scrapbooking again BY the last week in August.  My SIL wants to make a special album for my niece and her fiance.  I think it will be a shower gift.  The shower is early Oct. and the wedding is May.  They were supposed to be married this past May buy had to cancel everything.  Plus she got her Masters Degree a few weeks ago.  Poor Brittany is so hurt that all her plans and special moments have been messed up.  She is the kindest, sweetest girl and so sensitive.    I love her as if she were my own.  Well, I feel like that with all my nieces and nephews!.  Anyway, my SIL has not scrapped in years and even looking at my work, she is crazy about all the changes in scrapping!.  So, we are spending the whole last week at my house and knocking this album out!  I told Rose not to buy anything, I have SOOO much stuff and we can always run to HL if we really need to.  That will be really fun but right now by scrap room is a tornado, and my dining room table is full of bags and baskets - I am making gifts of wine and goodies - in 2 wine fairy groups and I want to get all caught up then take a break a bit.  

Chris, I love our LO!
Louise, I got my envelope today and love it!!!
Anne-Marie, I am so sorry about Anthony's school and birthday!  At least he is able to spend some time with his gf.  What are the limitations where you are?  Can you go to a restaurant where they have outdoor seating?  Maybe just the family and invite his gf?  My heart hurts for you guys and so many others I know.  I even have really bad days I don't want to get out of bed.  Honestly the only people I see are my dad and hubby.  And I worry about mom all alone in that big house even though we are 2 doors away,
Today I was doing really good, had lots of energy until I was in the grocery store, bent down to pick up a container of sour cream and as I looked up, I saw rice pudding.  My dad absolutely loved that!  So I started crying in the grocery store like an idiot.

Wishing everyone a great night and stay cool!

Many many ((hugs)) Ann. I remember when I lost my dad so many things reminded me of him and would have me crying. My sister and I took turns spending time with my mom it was so hard to think of her alone after 63 years with my dad. It was a really rough time. I feel for you. I hope you enjoy scrapping with your SIL and I hope it helps to take your mind off of things and ease your pain a bit.

Image Image  Image Image

wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 408

Post by wimom » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:00 pm

CreativeClutter wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:26 pm
I am looking to do a scrapbook for my cousin (a man) of his life- special memories - family, christmas's, beach, family barbecue, coaching softball, his children, family members who have passed, and him today. Most of my pictures are 4 x 5.5 I am using a 12 x 12 album. I want my album to have a nice flow to it. Some of my pages I just want one 4 x 5.5 photo to go on, but it seems as if it will get lost on a 12 x 12 page. I also want it to be clean and simple - not have a lot of flowers or anything like that. Can you give me any suggestions. I also need to purchase papers - but don't want to spend an absolute fortune. Any suggestions on that also?
So much scrappy stuff is feminine/cute so I think it is more challenging to do a masculine album. Pages starting with a white background are popular right now. You could take that approach and add grid, wood-look and small plaids/stripes in neutral colors for papers. I like these, but they are sold out in 12x12:
https://www.acherryontop.com/shop/searc ... %20Stories
Or work with a masculine collection. It will help create a cohesive flow.  I like a lot of the papers in this collection: 
https://www.acherryontop.com/shop/searc ... uthentique
For masculine embellishments I like stars, arrows and metals such as brads and staples. I think inking and distressing of edges often works on masculine pages, too. For ideas on one-photo pages, try looking at sketches online and scrolling through the ACOT gallery. Stacy Lee does a lot of nice masculine pages for her son:
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/us ... 2-stacylee
To save money, check out the sale and daily deals pages, or if you can wait ACOT periodically has a 20% off sale. Sometimes a paper pad will save you money too.
Good Luck!

Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”