December Daily or other December album

Moderator: ACOT Employee

druffing
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 398

December Daily or other December album

Post by druffing »

Is anyone else working on a December Daily?  I am working on 2019 while my daughter goes over photos from 2018 to make sure that album is totally wonderful.  *grin*  I have not many photos printed for 2019 Christmas but my main issue is writing MY ONE THING and MY REASON WHY.  I have them written but want to constantly make changes and it is holding me up for one thing and is driving me crazy for another.  It does not help that we are in corona and I wonder what on earth I will write soon for my December Daily 2020.  I don't want my December album to be about the pandemic.  Not. At. All.  But, to get back to my 2019 problem, I wondered if anyone here is working on their albums.  And I would like to post my albums from 2017 and 2018 somewhere on here.  I am on Instagram I think with them and I think on Facebook.  But how would I post them on here to make it easy to see the entire album.  Also is anyone by chance a writing critic on here???  Something is wrong with my last part of my Reason Why.  UGH!
Debra
Who should be making pages...
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1nana2girlsscrapbook/

ImageImage
Natalie Dill
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 290

Re: December Daily or other December album

Post by Natalie Dill »

I am not working on my DD rn, but I do have a though about your future DD which you do not want to be about the pandemic!

Not sure if many people here listen to the Scrap Gals podcast, but they're my buds, and they have interesting conversations about scrapbooking, and I highly recommend them!
So I think it was last year or perhaps 2018, but one of the podcast hosts did her December Daily in a format called December to Remember and wrote stories about past Christmases she wanted to remember. They have talked about it multiple times and in multiple episodes, but it seemed to have inspired so many people to do similar things.
I really do love the idea. They talk about finding old photos to use or if you can't to substitute a photo or something else to go with t he story, but the focus is the story. I think that this year could be a super good time to do a project like that. You could focus on older memories you want to tell, but haven't yet, and you dont have to worry about your DD being pandemic-focused. This will be especially good if under quarantine and not being able to do any of the normal Christmas things.
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty
Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 27

Post by Monroe1218 »

I'm not currently working on my album but I have gotten my stuff reorganized for a December Daily 2020.... seeing what all I might "need" to add to my stash.
Rebecca

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 775

Post by suewho372 »

Last year I did not do one —wayyy toooooo Busy with work to do any scrapping. Nor did I have many photos to work from.
Hoping this year to be better!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1353

Post by scrapy1967 »

Well I sort of do! I am a year and a half behind. I have 2018 started and pics for 2019 but nothing done for it. My goal is to get it caught back up before December of this year. They are one of my favorites to look through but life and my body have decided I need to concentrate on myself for a while. I am still scrapping but not as much. Right now I have to finish a proposal album for my great niece before tomorrow. 
ImageImage 

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1353

Post by scrapy1967 »

Lol no I am not a writing critic and do not care to journal a whole bunch. 
ImageImage 

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1273

Post by CarrieG »

for the first time in MANY years i did NOT do one last year....and it felt pretty freeing to be honest
i suspect i will go the same route this year and not do one........just do reg pages  i have NO idea what the month of Dec will bring.......but i can assume it will be either pandemic or flu related........LOL
druffing
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 398

Post by druffing »

CarrieG I know how you feel...I am so sick of the pandemic and our school which is a germy mess to start with having the kids physically in school two days a week.  Ugh.  Scared to death to get that disease!

Debra
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1nana2girlsscrapbook/

ImageImage
karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 239

Post by karensay »

I am 10 years behind. I have my 2010 December Daily started, the photos are printed, the base pages are made, the journaling was written each day, I just have to get the journaling to fit in the area I have set aside on each page, THAT is going to take me time to do. It is all together in an artbin tote box in my scraproom - somewhere.............
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 613

Post by sherelm »

YES YES YES!!!  I'm finishing up my 2019 one, and I have a storage tower of other years to be finished!! I said I'd hit it when I retired.  I've been retired two and a half years now.  Soooo...

I do Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas.  I LOVE ALI EDWARDS, but I like Shimelle's version of Christmas pages better, and  I did read along one year with Ali and sort of mixed them. 
Last year Shimelle did do new prompts for the days, and I decided I liked the old ones better.  It's just going to be me and my sister most likely, and the fur babies, but I will do the journal anyway.  A nice quiet month would be most enjoyable for the holidays.  I am doing NOTHING Covid in mine, as a matter of fact, I want that to go away and pretend like it wasn't even here.  We had it with distant relatives (one passed away from it) and I'm not in the mood to even think about let alone waste my time scrapping it.  I may add one note, or some explanation if needed but other than that, I'm doing the seasonal journal like I always do. 

As for posting, I've done that before on here.  Just put pages on the board and we'll all ooh and ahh!!  And steal your ideas for this year!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”