Scrap a Day, September 17th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 775

Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:53 am

Hey Cherries. I did some work in my scrap room yesterday but I also did a lot of putzing and got sidetracked because I’m at the point where I don’t know where to put things so I just avoid working on it. Does anyone else do that? Sigh. I just want it to be done and I want more space to magically appear. And yet I still found myself browsing the “New” section of the store. Geez. Lol.

Getting ready to take Twinkie to the vet for her annual checkup. I may try and get a walk in today depending on how my back feels. As for working in my scrap room we’ll see how that goes.

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!

Image  Image Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 277

Re: Scrap a Day, September 17th

Post by DN in MN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:02 am

Good Morning :)

Barb, I hope you feel better soon and the vet appt goes smoothly!  I know exactly how you feel about wanting more room yet... still shopping, lol.  I did re-arrange my paper but have a stack of paper pads about 1.5 feet tall I need to do something with... As I have said before, the struggle is real :) 

I want to scrap later so I am hoping work is uneventful so other things get accomplished to make that happen!  It is a beautiful day so I should also get outside and move my plants around.  So much to do and so little time.  We have been known to get those white flakes sooner than later!

I hope everyone has a great day :)
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 52/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1255

Post by CarrieG » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:18 am

now its finally thursday...lol  
i never got my BF challenge done last night......we helped some friends clean up the house of a dear lady who passed away last week...her daughter just couldnt do the simple things like the fridge etc........so we went and helped got the fridge etc done and other things that were needed to be done.....was sad......and she will be missed......  
i still plan on finishing it...just not for cherries...sigh
its only 68 and a lil cloudy here...we also have a veil of west coast fire smoke...........i did take the kids out to play.....was a bit brisk out but fun
supposed to hit 85  so perfect temps!

i got a belated bday gift from a dear friend this morning also...she dropped by a $10 acot gc!!!!  soooooooooo sweet!  she is the local friend that is trying to get into scrapping and i shared acot with her  im gonna hoard it and save up some cherries.....LOL  i want the Simple Stories Hello line coming in Dec....

have a great day all!

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:40 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:02 am

Barb, I hope you feel better soon and the vet appt goes smoothly!  I know exactly how you feel about wanting more room yet... still shopping, lol.  I did re-arrange my paper but have a stack of paper pads about 1.5 feet tall I need to do something with... As I have said before, the struggle is real :) 

I want to scrap later so I am hoping work is uneventful so other things get accomplished to make that happen!  It is a beautiful day so I should also get outside and move my plants around.  So much to do and so little time.  We have been known to get those white flakes sooner than later!

You are so right the struggle IS real! Omg I need one of those She Sheds… XL size with tons of space and they'd have to put a second floor on that baby. LOL!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:43 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:18 am
i never got my BF challenge done last night......we helped some friends clean up the house of a dear lady who passed away last week...her daughter just couldnt do the simple things like the fridge etc........so we went and helped got the fridge etc done and other things that were needed to be done.....was sad......and she will be missed......  
its only 68 and a lil cloudy here...we also have a veil of west coast fire smoke...........i did take the kids out to play.....was a bit brisk out but fun

i got a belated bday gift from a dear friend this morning also...she dropped by a $10 acot gc!!!!  soooooooooo sweet!  she is the local friend that is trying to get into scrapping and i shared acot with her  im gonna hoard it and save up some cherries.....LOL  i want the Simple Stories Hello line coming in Dec....

have a great day all!

So vey sad. ((Hugs)) Carrie.

Yay for an ACOT gift card! That was very sweet of your friend!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Back from the Vet. Twinkie did really good. She's 73.6 pounds and got blood taken and her Rabies shot and Lyme's vaccination. Her checkup was great, and all is good. She goes back in a few weeks for her Parvo and LI Lepto vaccines.

Not going to walk, giving this back another day of rest, plus it's kind of ugh out. Not terrible but I'm not feeling it anyway. Going to work more on this scrap room mess and maybe take some time out to scrap. Doodlebug is killing me. They just put up their Halloween collection pre-order. Omg I already placed a preorder for their fall collection. Next will be their Christmas and Winter collections! There is just no way I can resist all of that!! Deanna is right the struggle is real!

I'm procrastinating enough I need to get a move on. My Islanders play again tonight so I must be all ready when the game goes on!

Image  Image Image Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1051

Post by MTCanuk » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Barb, Hope that back feels better soon. My ankle I sprained back in June seems to be giving me grief at the moment.

Carrie, so sorry about your friend. Have fun shopping.

Me, changing and washing sheets, cleaning bathrooms.

I did some cleanup outside yesterday, since it was trash pick up today. Tomato plants were done, so I got rid of them.

Seems a little less smokey and very comfortable temps. Dinner cooked in the oven last night was yummy.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:34 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:13 pm
Barb, Hope that back feels better soon. My ankle I sprained back in June seems to be giving me grief at the moment.

Carrie, so sorry about your friend. Have fun shopping.

Me, changing and washing sheets, cleaning bathrooms.

I did some cleanup outside yesterday, since it was trash pick up today. Tomato plants were done, so I got rid of them.

Seems a little less smokey and very comfortable temps. Dinner cooked in the oven last night was yummy.
Oh no! Sorry your ankle is bothering you again! Hope it feels better soon!

Image  Image Image Image

aheatfan
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 327

Post by aheatfan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Barb, hope you are feeling better soon. Back pain stinks!!

Carrie, so sorry about the loss of your friend, it can be hard and overwhelming to take care of those tasks. 

Wish some of you could send some of those Fall temps down here. It was already 79 degrees by 6am and "feels like: is 99 today. Yuck. 

Hoping to squeeze out at least one page today. Had a moment earlier when I went to go delete a COUPLE pictures off my phone and deleted them all, Started screaming "NO" in panic. Thankfully I remembered that I just backed up before school started so the only thing I lost was kiddo buying his car and I posted that on Instagram so at least I have a couple. You would think that the phone would ask - DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THAT?  Geeeez. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:29 pm

aheatfan wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Carrie, so sorry about the loss of your friend, it can be hard and overwhelming to take care of those tasks. 

Wish some of you could send some of those Fall temps down here. It was already 79 degrees by 6am and "feels like: is 99 today. Yuck. 

Hoping to squeeze out at least one page today. Had a moment earlier when I went to go delete a COUPLE pictures off my phone and deleted them all, Started screaming "NO" in panic. Thankfully I remembered that I just backed up before school started so the only thing I lost was kiddo buying his car and I posted that on Instagram so at least I have a couple. You would think that the phone would ask - DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THAT?  Geeeez. 

Depending on your phone you may have a recently deleted album with the photos you deleted in it. I know iPhone has it and if you delete a photo it stores it in there for a while (could be something like 30 days) in case you deleted a photo in error or decided you didn't want to delete a photo at all, and you can go in and recover it.

Image  Image Image Image

aheatfan
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 327

Post by aheatfan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:31 pm

pawprints wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:29 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Depending on your phone you may have a recently deleted album with the photos you deleted in it. I know iPhone has it and if you delete a photo it stores it in there for a while (could be something like 30 days) in case you deleted a photo in error or decided you didn't want to delete a photo at all, and you can go in and recover it.

Thanks. I looked and had my son look but no....I have android :(

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1460

Post by emmapaige » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:37 pm

Good afternoon - today has flowm by.  DH had a podiatrist appointment and then went to Whole Foods.  It's the first time I've been in there since the Pandemic (although I placed several orders on-line).  I'm going to try a new recipe for dinner so I doubt I'll be doing any scrapping.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3049

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:38 pm

Hi cherries. Barb, so glad everything went well with the Twinks today! Sorry your back is still bothering you. Boo!

Carrie - what a wonderful surprise from your friend!

Kristen - Eeek! OMG! I would have paniced too. And yes, phones should say "Do you want to do that?". I'm a Software Developer and over the years, I've had to program in TWO "Do you want to..." messages for certain areas and staff get all these prompts and they still say OOPS! Didn't mean to approve that document, can you remove my signature so I can reject it? Or OOPS....I didn't mean to discharge the child, can you remove the d/c date for me? Oy....now, THAT my friend....the struggle is REAL.

Last night, Jackson woke us up at 2am by puking in our bedroom. Poor guy. He ended up sleeping with us the rest of the night. DH passed out quickly, but I tossed/turned, struggling to get back to sleep. My eyes were watering and my nose was running. I was debating on whether to get up or not, but I ended up drifting off to sleep. Woke up at 7:40AM. That's late for me on a weekday. But in the end, it worked out as Miss Penny needed to be at the vet's office by 8:45 for her dental. She can't have food and it really wasn't a big deal for her because she goes back to bed while the girls eat. After I fed the youngins and Jackson, made my coffee, sent out some work-related emails, and showered. Loaded the dishwasher and it was time to go. Luckily, Miss Penny was outside already, sitting by my car and the other 2 were in the house. So I grabbed everything and she got in, no problems. She didn't get to have her calming chews or her Heavenly Hound bar, but she got her CBD OIL. I cut her dose in half and gave her half at 8AM and the other half at 8:30. She did GREAT! She had no problems walking into the vet's office and she even wagged her tail at the receptionist. She loves Christi! Because Christi is the one who rescued her from the streets and posted about Penny on Facebook. And the rest is history!

She even did great going into the back with the tech. And Kaitlyn knows how nervous Penny gets at the vet, so she ended up doing Penny first and two hours later, I got the call to say I can pick her up. All she needed was a valium - no IV and she did FABULOUS. They let her run free in the receptionist area and she hung out with Christi until I got there. Boy was she happy to see me! I've been trying to keep Shelby and Jazzy away from her because she's still groggy and they want to play with her. Those girls just don't understand.

Work hasn't been too bad, which helps as my morning was broken up. And I've already ran to my dad's place twice to check on the doggies.

Looks like its going to rain. Its nasty humid and we've got dark black clouds. I also heard thunder and luckily Penny is resting, so she's out of it.

Another night of probably not scrapping. But I do plan on doing something this weekend for sure.

Have a great day ya'll!
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:39 pm

pawprints wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:53 am
Hey Cherries. I did some work in my scrap room yesterday but I also did a lot of putzing and got sidetracked because I’m at the point where I don’t know where to put things so I just avoid working on it. Does anyone else do that? Sigh. I just want it to be done and I want more space to magically appear. And yet I still found myself browsing the “New” section of the store. Geez. Lol.

Getting ready to take Twinkie to the vet for her annual checkup. I may try and get a walk in today depending on how my back feels. As for working in my scrap room we’ll see how that goes.

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!

I'm  going through the same thing with my scrappy supplies.  I'm still in the process of organizing and nothing comes back in here until it's organized and has a spot to be stored in here.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:42 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:02 am

White flakes!!!!! So not ready to hear those words. I've heard that since we've had so much rain this summer, we're getting lots of snow.

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:44 pm

CarrieG wrote:

have a great day all!

That is so kind of you guys helphing clean of the house of your late friend.  And how sweet that your other friend dropped off an ACOT GC.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:40 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:38 pm
Hi cherries. Barb, so glad everything went well with the Twinks today! Sorry your back is still bothering you. Boo!

Carrie - what a wonderful surprise from your friend!

Kristen - Eeek! OMG! I would have paniced too. And yes, phones should say "Do you want to do that?". I'm a Software Developer and over the years, I've had to program in TWO "Do you want to..." messages for certain areas and staff get all these prompts and they still say OOPS! Didn't mean to approve that document, can you remove my signature so I can reject it? Or OOPS....I didn't mean to discharge the child, can you remove the d/c date for me? Oy....now, THAT my friend....the struggle is REAL.

Last night, Jackson woke us up at 2am by puking in our bedroom. Poor guy. He ended up sleeping with us the rest of the night. DH passed out quickly, but I tossed/turned, struggling to get back to sleep. My eyes were watering and my nose was running. I was debating on whether to get up or not, but I ended up drifting off to sleep. Woke up at 7:40AM. That's late for me on a weekday. But in the end, it worked out as Miss Penny needed to be at the vet's office by 8:45 for her dental. She can't have food and it really wasn't a big deal for her because she goes back to bed while the girls eat. After I fed the youngins and Jackson, made my coffee, sent out some work-related emails, and showered. Loaded the dishwasher and it was time to go. Luckily, Miss Penny was outside already, sitting by my car and the other 2 were in the house. So I grabbed everything and she got in, no problems. She didn't get to have her calming chews or her Heavenly Hound bar, but she got her CBD OIL. I cut her dose in half and gave her half at 8AM and the other half at 8:30. She did GREAT! She had no problems walking into the vet's office and she even wagged her tail at the receptionist. She loves Christi! Because Christi is the one who rescued her from the streets and posted about Penny on Facebook. And the rest is history!

She even did great going into the back with the tech. And Kaitlyn knows how nervous Penny gets at the vet, so she ended up doing Penny first and two hours later, I got the call to say I can pick her up. All she needed was a valium - no IV and she did FABULOUS. They let her run free in the receptionist area and she hung out with Christi until I got there. Boy was she happy to see me! I've been trying to keep Shelby and Jazzy away from her because she's still groggy and they want to play with her. Those girls just don't understand.

Work hasn't been too bad, which helps as my morning was broken up. And I've already ran to my dad's place twice to check on the doggies.

Looks like its going to rain. Its nasty humid and we've got dark black clouds. I also heard thunder and luckily Penny is resting, so she's out of it.

Another night of probably not scrapping. But I do plan on doing something this weekend for sure.

Have a great day ya'll!
Yay so glad Penny did so well!!

Image  Image Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:44 pm

CarrieG wrote:

have a great day all!

Sorry for loss, Carrie.  Don't forget you can submit expired BF sketches to the Rewind challenge :)  

Image   Image   Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1255

Post by CarrieG » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:44 pm
CarrieG wrote:

have a great day all!
Sorry for loss, Carrie.  Don't forget you can submit expired BF sketches to the Rewind challenge :)  

do i have to wait for the oct rewind to submit an expired sept one?

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:58 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 pm
DN in MN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:44 pm
CarrieG wrote:

have a great day all!

do i have to wait for the oct rewind to submit an expired sept one? 

Nope, once they are expired, I consider them a rewind :)
Image   Image   Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”