Scrap a Day, September 19th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Post Reply
User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 37080
Layouts: 775
Location: Long Island, NY

Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by pawprints » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:34 pm

Hey Cherries. Lazy Saturday morning here. Went to bed way too late last night. Beautiful sunny day in the 60s with no humidity. September on LI.

Anyone scrapping today? I plan to. It’s past mid month and I haven’t scrapped in a while. There is actually room on my table now!

Have a great Saturday Cherries and stay safe!
Image

 Image  Image Image Image
 

User avatar
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Posts: 16099
Layouts: 1460
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by emmapaige » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:30 pm

I was feeling good and then DH brought me home a chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A and I've beeen having tummy issues ever since. Or maybe it's the iced tea or maybe it's just my nerves.  

Anyway I've been going through my drawers of adhesive and tossing some glue dots that are old and no longer sticky and some multiples that I'm giving away.   Maybe I should just do a layout or two and use up the "almost gone" stuff.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImageImageImage
 

User avatar
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 9263
Layouts: 1255
Location: Texas

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by CarrieG » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:55 pm

lazy day here also...........have no motivation...i ended up going to bed with a horrid headache around 8pm last night....we have a haze of the west coast fire smoke here...and its just enough to bother me.....grrrrrrrrrr  our air quality is shown as unhealthy..............and its not even a dabble of what they have dealt with over there.....sigh

im also frustrated........our Covid cases are  creeping back up--  had two new cases yesterday.......when i was at the store yesterday i saw so many ppl not obeying mask stuff etc.......everyone has become very complacent.......even at the high school--i took DD lunch yesterday and saw so many kids not wearing their masks---  grrrrrrrrrrr i need to not stress about it!  LOL

after i get a few things done im hoping to scrap!!!!!!!!!!!  

have a great weekend all!

User avatar
Mommyof5
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 365
Layouts: 35
Location: Texas

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by Mommyof5 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:07 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:55 pm
lazy day here also...........have no motivation...i ended up going to bed with a horrid headache around 8pm last night....we have a haze of the west coast fire smoke here...and its just enough to bother me.....grrrrrrrrrr  our air quality is shown as unhealthy..............and its not even a dabble of what they have dealt with over there.....sigh

im also frustrated........our Covid cases are  creeping back up--  had two new cases yesterday.......when i was at the store yesterday i saw so many ppl not obeying mask stuff etc.......everyone has become very complacent.......even at the high school--i took DD lunch yesterday and saw so many kids not wearing their masks---  grrrrrrrrrrr i need to not stress about it!  LOL

after i get a few things done im hoping to scrap!!!!!!!!!!!  

have a great weekend all!
Our school district will not allow us to take lunch to our kids right now.  Nor are they allowing visitors beyond the front offices.  No fundraising, no extra curriculars other than sports and UIL.  
At lunch the kids have to remove their masks to eat, so they are only allowing 2 people per table.  
We have 17 schools in our district, and since in person school started, there has only been ONE reported case of COVID, and it wasn't even a student or teacher.  It was someone that visited the school and was not permitted beyond the front office.   The district did let parents know, but as a precautionary measure only...because it was the parent of a high schooler...but the child has tested negative.
 I was skeptical at first of letting the kids go back...but my district seems to be doing well with the safety measures they have implemented.  I'm actually impressed. I don't say that often about my school district!!!  LOL


Anyway...another day at work for me...yay.  It is a BEAUTIFUL day here and I would love to be outside!!! 
 
Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
Image   Image

User avatar
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5372
Layouts: 691
Location: East Tennessee

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by blfonty » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Love a lazy Saturday after a late Friday night. After the news about the passing of Supreme Court Justice Gingburg, I watched some TV to escape the news. I don't know about you all, but Hallmark Channel or Food Network reruns help. There was a Christmas rewind movie on Hallmark, so that calmed me down. 

Weather here in East TN is really nice with cooler temps and lower humidity. Thankfully, no smoky air here. After a big breakfast for lunch, I've got laundry going now. Going to scrap some this afternoon. I have a few new papers from ACOT and I'm ready to get crafty! 

Have a great day!
Bonnie
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

 Image.   

User avatar
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Posts: 16099
Layouts: 1460
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by emmapaige » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Well after I posted I was having tummy troubles, I started feeling better and went for a long walk.  They came home to do this layout for the Movie of the Decade Challenge.  Yep that's me in 1964 - see how skinny I was???

Image
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImageImageImage
 

User avatar
DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 14012
Layouts: 277
Location: Duluth, Minnesota

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by DN in MN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Good Afternoon! 

Been in my space and just finished up a layout I'll upload in a bit.  May start another before BF gets back.  He went to go help SIL with the lawnmower.  That got me out of chores until his return, lol!  

It is a beautiful day so I'll need to get outside soon.

Enjoy the day and be safe!
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 52/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   
 

User avatar
DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 14012
Layouts: 277
Location: Duluth, Minnesota

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by DN in MN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:58 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:41 pm
Well after I posted I was having tummy troubles, I started feeling better and went for a long walk.  They came home to do this layout for the Movie of the Decade Challenge.  Yep that's me in 1964 - see how skinny I was???

Image

Glad you are feeling better and love your layout! 
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 52/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   
 

User avatar
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 9263
Layouts: 1255
Location: Texas

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by CarrieG » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:24 pm

Mommyof5 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:07 pm
CarrieG wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:55 pm
lazy day here also...........have no motivation...i ended up going to bed with a horrid headache around 8pm last night....we have a haze of the west coast fire smoke here...and its just enough to bother me.....grrrrrrrrrr  our air quality is shown as unhealthy..............and its not even a dabble of what they have dealt with over there.....sigh

im also frustrated........our Covid cases are  creeping back up--  had two new cases yesterday.......when i was at the store yesterday i saw so many ppl not obeying mask stuff etc.......everyone has become very complacent.......even at the high school--i took DD lunch yesterday and saw so many kids not wearing their masks---  grrrrrrrrrrr i need to not stress about it!  LOL

after i get a few things done im hoping to scrap!!!!!!!!!!!  

have a great weekend all!
Our school district will not allow us to take lunch to our kids right now.  Nor are they allowing visitors beyond the front offices.  No fundraising, no extra curriculars other than sports and UIL.  
At lunch the kids have to remove their masks to eat, so they are only allowing 2 people per table.  
We have 17 schools in our district, and since in person school started, there has only been ONE reported case of COVID, and it wasn't even a student or teacher.  It was someone that visited the school and was not permitted beyond the front office.   The district did let parents know, but as a precautionary measure only...because it was the parent of a high schooler...but the child has tested negative.
 I was skeptical at first of letting the kids go back...but my district seems to be doing well with the safety measures they have implemented.  I'm actually impressed. I don't say that often about my school district!!!  LOL


Anyway...another day at work for me...yay.  It is a BEAUTIFUL day here and I would love to be outside!!! 
  

they are only allowing it on fridays and you have to sit in your car on the farthest side of campus...its kinda funny---and no non students in the building...we have baskets outside the front doors for dropping or picking up things.  no extra curriculars here except for sports and UIL also but high school UIL isnt until spring...so who knows with it.  we also have a fair amount of kids schooling online....small high school/small town  but each high school grade has roughly 10 each doing online  DD grade has never been big...maybe 75 kids max...i think she is currently at like 60.  we have had some confirmed high school cases and have had to cancel many sporting events due to our opponents having covid in their team...LOL i imagine our district is doing the best they can......i just still worry!  im such a rule follower...LOL

User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 29068
Layouts: 1737

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by Art_Teacher » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Mommyof5 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:07 pm
CarrieG wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:55 pm
lazy day here also...........have no motivation...i ended up going to bed with a horrid headache around 8pm last night....we have a haze of the west coast fire smoke here...and its just enough to bother me.....grrrrrrrrrr  our air quality is shown as unhealthy..............and its not even a dabble of what they have dealt with over there.....sigh

im also frustrated........our Covid cases are  creeping back up--  had two new cases yesterday.......when i was at the store yesterday i saw so many ppl not obeying mask stuff etc.......everyone has become very complacent.......even at the high school--i took DD lunch yesterday and saw so many kids not wearing their masks---  grrrrrrrrrrr i need to not stress about it!  LOL

after i get a few things done im hoping to scrap!!!!!!!!!!!  

have a great weekend all!
Our school district will not allow us to take lunch to our kids right now.  Nor are they allowing visitors beyond the front offices.  No fundraising, no extra curriculars other than sports and UIL.  
At lunch the kids have to remove their masks to eat, so they are only allowing 2 people per table.  
We have 17 schools in our district, and since in person school started, there has only been ONE reported case of COVID, and it wasn't even a student or teacher.  It was someone that visited the school and was not permitted beyond the front office.   The district did let parents know, but as a precautionary measure only...because it was the parent of a high schooler...but the child has tested negative.
 I was skeptical at first of letting the kids go back...but my district seems to be doing well with the safety measures they have implemented.  I'm actually impressed. I don't say that often about my school district!!!  LOL


Anyway...another day at work for me...yay.  It is a BEAUTIFUL day here and I would love to be outside!!! 
  
This is the same with our school district.  Students are only permitted to take off masks in the cafeteria.  They are even wearing them in gym class!  I'm really proud of our students and staff for working so hard to keep everyone safe.  Now that it is cooler here, the masks are annoying, but not uncomfortable.  We have had zero cases and I hope it stays that way!  
 
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 29068
Layouts: 1737

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by Art_Teacher » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Glad you are feeling better, Chris!  Gorgeous layout!  The weather here is so lovely, just like yours, Barb. :)  This is my season!  lol  I am happy for an early Fall, although I'm sure it will hit the high 70's and low 80's again before we are there.  

Paisley and I had our walk...she is doing so well right now.  Poor thing was just exhausted from me being home all day, every day. lol  Now, she is fully rested and so her arthritis meds are able to work and we started her on Cosequin and I think it has made a huge difference. :)

I might get some scrapping done this weekend...somehow this weather motivates me!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

User avatar
traveler
Cherry Bing
Posts: 2581
Layouts: 316
Location: New Jersey

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by traveler » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:50 pm

Here the kids don’t eat lunch at school. Each kids goes in for 4 hours twice a week. So, after less than a week of school, 6 high school kids reported that they were positive, they didn’t get it at school. So, they cancelled high school for 2 weeks. After less than a week in school, and my son is back to 100% virtual. The elementary and middle schools are still hybrid. High school goes back in October. So, we decided we needed a change of scenery and went to stay in a different house closer to my husbands job. 

So no scrapping for me since all my scrap stuff is at home and I am here. But I am happy to be somewhere different.

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 37080
Layouts: 775
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by pawprints » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:23 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:41 pm
Well after I posted I was having tummy troubles, I started feeling better and went for a long walk.  They came home to do this layout for the Movie of the Decade Challenge.  Yep that's me in 1964 - see how skinny I was???

Image

Sweet layout! Love the pics of you! Glad you're feeling better too!
Image

 Image  Image Image Image
 

Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”