Scrap a Day, September 23rd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 775

Scrap a Day, September 23rd

Post by pawprints » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:15 pm

Hey Cherries. I had a great time at DD’s yesterday celebrating Maddie’s birthday. We had pizza and ice cream cake and such a great time together. I was there until after 10 last night it was so great being with them! Between the dr appointment and the the grocery order pick up and putting all that away then off to DD’s I haven’t had such a “busy” day like that in so long that I slept in. Lol.

It is gorgeous out today. 74 and no humidity. I definitely have to get a walk in today to walk off all the pizza I pigged out on last night lol. And I do intend to scrap today!

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!

Image  Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3049

Re: Scrap a Day, September 23rd

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:18 pm

Hi Barb! So glad you had fun and pizza sounds real good right about now! Can't wait to see pics and your fun layouts you'll do from the bday party!

Nothing new going on here except work. LOL. ITs a beautiful day out here too. Its always TOO hot and TOO humid on the weekends and on days we work, its always gorgeous. Go figure right!

Anyways, back to work for me. No scrapping for me until at least Sunday!

Have a great day!
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1255

Post by CarrieG » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:48 pm

glad you had such a good time Barb!!!!!!!!!!

our weather is great....gonna be 80  partly cloudy/hazy still from the smoke out west   we have been outside playing this morning but wont go out this afternoon as the air is looking worse as the day goes on--still obviously nothing at all like what they have dealt with on the west coast

i am close to finishing a layout...ive been so squirrely and cant seem to focus---grrrrrrrrrrrr  i have high hopes for scrapping a lil bit during afternoon nap and then later tonight before bed........dinner is just leftovers so that part is easy tonight

happy humpday all!

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1051

Post by MTCanuk » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Barb, you sound so upbeat after the visit with your family!!

My back is still bothering me, but better with some Tylenol on board.  Have no clue what I did to upset it so!  I don’t think I will be tackling much today.  I did fold some laundry and put a couple thing away.  I need to pick up my scrap space after card making.

Suppose to be into the 70’s here by this afternoon and kind of windy.

And I am getting a hair cut tomorrow.  Yay!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 316

Post by traveler » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Nice weather here too, but I haven't really gotten outside.

So, things have been quite crazy here. You may remember that hybrid school started about 2 weeks ago, my son was scheduled to go twice a week for 4 hours, nobody eats in school to be safe. So, after less than a week of high school (my son went twice), 6 kids in the high school tested positive so they decided to go fully virtual for 2 weeks and cancel sports. It seems to have been only older kids who were at some party so the middle and elementary schools are still hybrid. But we decided we needed a change of scenery, so we picked up and left (just staying in another house nothing exciting) figuring my son could do virtual school anywhere. My son plays Ultimate frisbee in the fall which is not actually high school sport but a community club. The coach originally cancelled for the 2 weeks, but then talked to parents and found out more about who tested positive and decided that practice could still happen, but only socially distant. So, my son and I came back and left my husband there. Practice is only Monday and Wednesday so we are leaving again tonight after practice. We'll all come back next week and resume our "normal" hybrid life. 

While I'm home, I did come into my scrap room and made this birthday card which I will send to my older son, the one who is in college, with some type of care package. So far, he's getting chocolate bars and a little money. I'm not sure what else, I don't think home baked cookies are really going to happen, so I might include some store-bought cupcakes. 

So, the question is, once they are back at school, how long before they go completely virtual again? I think the plan the town has developed is quite safe and numbers are low in NJ, but it requires teenagers to behave a certain way and a few spoiled ones can ruin it for everyone. We shall see.

Have a great day everyone!

Mommyof5
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 35

Post by Mommyof5 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:04 pm

I am envious of all of your beautiful weather!  
I live/work in HOUSTON and we have been gifted with torrential rain from Beta!  

Aside from that...just my normal work day...but I did manage to scrap a page yesterday!!!  YAY me!  LOL 
Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
Image   Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1460

Post by emmapaige » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:28 pm

Yep we're having a gorgeous day here, too.  Went to the grocery store and after putting the groceries away, I went for a semi long walk but plan to go on another one.

Probably no scrapping for me today but I plan to figure how which challenge I want to work on next and at least get photos printed and/or pick out papers I want to use
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:31 pm

pawprints wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:15 pm
Hey Cherries. I had a great time at DD’s yesterday celebrating Maddie’s birthday. We had pizza and ice cream cake and such a great time together. I was there until after 10 last night it was so great being with them! Between the dr appointment and the the grocery order pick up and putting all that away then off to DD’s I haven’t had such a “busy” day like that in so long that I slept in. Lol.

It is gorgeous out today. 74 and no humidity. I definitely have to get a walk in today to walk off all the pizza I pigged out on last night lol. And I do intend to scrap today!

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!
I'm so glad you all had such a great time celebrating Maddie's birthday.  And yummmmm to pizza.

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:32 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:18 pm
Hi Barb! So glad you had fun and pizza sounds real good right about now! Can't wait to see pics and your fun layouts you'll do from the bday party!

Nothing new going on here except work. LOL. ITs a beautiful day out here too. Its always TOO hot and TOO humid on the weekends and on days we work, its always gorgeous. Go figure right!

Anyways, back to work for me. No scrapping for me until at least Sunday!

Have a great day!

I remeber the weather was like that when I was still working.  Hopefully you can take a few minutes to enjoy the nice weather.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:35 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:48 pm
glad you had such a good time Barb!!!!!!!!!!

our weather is great....gonna be 80  partly cloudy/hazy still from the smoke out west   we have been outside playing this morning but wont go out this afternoon as the air is looking worse as the day goes on--still obviously nothing at all like what they have dealt with on the west coast

i am close to finishing a layout...ive been so squirrely and cant seem to focus---grrrrrrrrrrrr  i have high hopes for scrapping a lil bit during afternoon nap and then later tonight before bed........dinner is just leftovers so that part is easy tonight

happy humpday all!
That fire is so scary that in Texas it is causing your air conditions.  Stay safe.

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:37 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:38 pm

My back is still bothering me, but better with some Tylenol on board.  Have no clue what I did to upset it so!  I don’t think I will be tackling much today.  I did fold some laundry and put a couple thing away.  I need to pick up my scrap space after card making.

I suffer from back pain and hip pain but some days I feel fine.  Who knows.....I blame my pain on my age. And yay for a hair cut.

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:39 pm

trainmom wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:52 pm

So, things have been quite crazy here. You may remember that hybrid school started about 2 weeks ago, my son was scheduled to go twice a week for 4 hours, nobody eats in school to be safe. So, after less than a week of high school (my son went twice), 6 kids in the high school tested positive so they decided to go fully virtual for 2 weeks and cancel sports. It seems to have been only older kids who were at some party so the middle and elementary schools are still hybrid. But we decided we needed a change of scenery, so we picked up and left (just staying in another house nothing exciting) figuring my son could do virtual school anywhere. My son plays Ultimate frisbee in the fall which is not actually high school sport but a community club. The coach originally cancelled for the 2 weeks, but then talked to parents and found out more about who tested positive and decided that practice could still happen, but only socially distant. So, my son and I came back and left my husband there. Practice is only Monday and Wednesday so we are leaving again tonight after practice. We'll all come back next week and resume our "normal" hybrid life. 

While I'm home, I did come into my scrap room and made this birthday card which I will send to my older son, the one who is in college, with some type of care package. So far, he's getting chocolate bars and a little money. I'm not sure what else, I don't think home baked cookies are really going to happen, so I might include some store-bought cupcakes. 

So, the question is, once they are back at school, how long before they go completely virtual again? I think the plan the town has developed is quite safe and numbers are low in NJ, but it requires teenagers to behave a certain way and a few spoiled ones can ruin it for everyone. We shall see.

Every time I start to feel sorry for myself during this Pandemic, I remember that I got to do all things that our young ones are missing out.  

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 pm

Mommyof5 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:04 pm
I am envious of all of your beautiful weather!  
I live/work in HOUSTON and we have been gifted with torrential rain from Beta!  

Aside from that...just my normal work day...but I did manage to scrap a page yesterday!!!  YAY me!  LOL 

I've heard that Houston got hit pretty bad from Beta.  Stay safe!!!
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:52 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:38 pm

I hope your back starts feeling better soon!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:57 pm

trainmom wrote:

It is such a shame that some of these kids just don't get the seriousness of all of this and not only make it more difficult for everyone else but also put other people at risk.

Great birthday card for your son!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:02 pm

I finally got caught up on all the scrap-a-day posts from yesterday and just want to say thank you all for the happy birthday wishes for Maddie! Watching her open her presents last night I just couldn't believe how grown up she is.

Image  Image Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 277

Post by DN in MN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:01 pm

Good Evening :) It was such a beautiful day here that I took my TT out, washed it up, took for a drive one more time before it gets winterized.  I did put gesso on the page I'm working on but that is it for scrappy time.  Hopefully, tomorrow will provide me with some time but I do need to get a couple more sheet apple pies made. 

I hope you all have a wonderful evening :)
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 52/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

aheatfan
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 327

Post by aheatfan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:49 pm

Finally got to scrap at least one page today...I have a kind of OCD personality, if I put a page on the list to be done I have to do it so I can check it off, even if I'm tired.  Worked from about 7 am to 7:40 p.m. then enjoyed a nice glass of wine with my 24 year old son on the patio. It's in the low 80's here but the humidity is waaaay down so it was so lovely. Can't wait for the weekend to scrap the other things on the list :)
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1255

Post by CarrieG » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:42 pm

trainmom wrote:

it doesnt take much to rock the boat....grrrrrrrrrrr  found out today that a cheerleader tested positive at our high school  so 12 other girls will need to be tested plus who the heck knows else..........we are a finger snap away from going virtual for 6 weeks  the mayors daughter is on the cheer squad tho so he is trying to downplay stuff.........and playing dumb.......never good this close to election time...LOL

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”