Scrap a Day, September 24th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 775

Scrap a Day, September 24th

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:52 am

Hey Cherries. Another gorgeous day here today. We hit 80 degrees yesterday and I finally got out for a walk again. Supposed to hit high 70s today. Love it! Going for a mani pedi in a bit then home to scrap. I did get as far as picking out a picture and the challenge I am going to work on yesterday. Hope to work on that when I get home.

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!

Image  Image Image Image

Mommyof5
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 35

Re: Scrap a Day, September 24th

Post by Mommyof5 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:07 am

Enjoy your Mani-Pedi! I say that as I look down at my own fingers typing...and realize that I need to do the same!!   :-D :-D

It is still overcast and dreary here....remnants of Beta.  Hopefully the sun will peek through sometime today.  
The boyfriend plays volleyball tonight, and my youngest has a tennis tournament.
With them both out and away, I might actually be able to work in some scrapping.  crossing my fingers!

Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
Image   Image

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1401

Post by Charleneanne » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:24 am

Nice fall day here too. Mid 80’s today and tomorrow with cool night in the 50’s then Poof just like that back to summer temps starting on Saturday. A solid week of mid 90’s to 100+. Sigh. But then the heat is over for the season and we slide into lovely fall temps . Yaay

Going out to lunch with a friend today. She lives about 30 miles from here in the foothills and her county is open for dine in at restaurants. Then sons coming to dinner tonight and they’re bringing the food and cooking too. So probably no scrapping for me today.

Take care
ImageCharleneanne

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1255

Post by CarrieG » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:49 am

yay its thursday!!!!!!!!!  just one more day!  LOL

lots of nerves around here and in some circles..........a cheerleader tested + for covid yesterday........so her and the other 12 cheerleaders are quarantined........no clue to how far reaching it could end up.......ppl are nervous and reality has hit about how complacent ppl have been.....what is even worse is she KNEW she had been exposed over the weekend and went to school anyways.....so some angry parents.....

nice weather here............im enjoying the cooler mornings
i have been on the struggle bus for scrapping .....i putz for 15 mins or so and then get off track.........i need to FOCUS  LOL
fingers crossed i finish a darn layout tonight..LOL

Aztam
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 152

Post by Aztam » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:52 am

I was very productive during my zoom crop yesterday. I did 3 pocket page layouts for my highlight album, and 1 12x12 layout for it. One more 12x12 to finish Aug and I think I am caught up with the grands albums too. 

Layout and inventory goals have been met. After that last 12x12, I think I will work on the project I have set for this months goal. 

My daughter has been visiting and working from our home for the past few weeks. She will be leaving this weekend and I am feeling a little sad to see her go. But she is anxious to return, she loves Oregon.

A few of my crafty friends are going to an in person crop. Masks required, social distancing (not sure what that means as how many to a table) but I am holding off. I have such a problem with my glasses fogging wearing those masks, I think it would be very frustrating for me to scrap that way.

Does anyone else have problems with foggy glasses?

I will finish my coffee and make a little breaky, then get that layout done. Just in time for zoom pilates, I hope. 

👋

Tam

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3049

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Good morning cherries! Its another beautiful day here too. Been outside with the pups for a bit already. 

This morning has been quite busy for me so far. Usually I go grocery shopping on Friday mornings but because my brother got rained out at work on Monday, he has to work on Friday. All day. And that means my Dad babysits and he would need someone to check on the pups. So I went grocery shopping today since I didn't have anywhere else to go or do except work.

Carrie - I am so sorry to hear how people are just still not getting it! How irritating! Boo on them!
Tam - DH's glasses get foggy when he wears his mask, but mine are fine. Not sure what that is all about.....maybe DH is a heavier breather? LOL.
Charlene - enjoy lunch out!
Barb - enjoy that mani/pedi
Mommyof5 -hope where you live ya'll fared okay with Beta 

Have a great day ya'll! 

Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1051

Post by MTCanuk » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:24 pm

Hey, ladies!!!
Super windy and super smokey here! Suppose to have cold front move through, so that’s why it’s super windy!! My allergies are not happy.

Just ran to the post office and ups store.
Have laundry going too!

Have a layout on my desk started. Having trouble with focusing, too, Carrie!
It’s started, so just finish it!!!

Boxes arriving from ordering Boy Scout popcorn from the grandkids. And the baby’s birthday present.

Stay safe, everyone!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1460

Post by emmapaige » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Good afternoon Cherries.  Another beautiful day here and I've gone on one walk but managed to finish this layout I started yesterday for the 1 -3 - 5 - 7. I've been going through my Christmas stash and realize I couldn't use this all if I lived to be 110.  I've already given some Christmas stuff to my stepson's fiancee and will be giving more to my cleaning ladies.  

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:04 pm

Charleneanne wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:24 am
Nice fall day here too. Mid 80’s today and tomorrow with cool night in the 50’s then Poof just like that back to summer temps starting on Saturday. A solid week of mid 90’s to 100+. Sigh. But then the heat is over for the season and we slide into lovely fall temps . Yaay

Going out to lunch with a friend today. She lives about 30 miles from here in the foothills and her county is open for dine in at restaurants. Then sons coming to dinner tonight and they’re bringing the food and cooking too. So probably no scrapping for me today.

Take care
How awesome that your sons are coming for dinner AND bringing the food and cooking it! You raised those boys well! Lol. Enjoy your time with them!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:07 pm

Aztam wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:52 am
I was very productive during my zoom crop yesterday. I did 3 pocket page layouts for my highlight album, and 1 12x12 layout for it. One more 12x12 to finish Aug and I think I am caught up with the grands albums too. 

Layout and inventory goals have been met. After that last 12x12, I think I will work on the project I have set for this months goal. 

My daughter has been visiting and working from our home for the past few weeks. She will be leaving this weekend and I am feeling a little sad to see her go. But she is anxious to return, she loves Oregon.

A few of my crafty friends are going to an in person crop. Masks required, social distancing (not sure what that means as how many to a table) but I am holding off. I have such a problem with my glasses fogging wearing those masks, I think it would be very frustrating for me to scrap that way.

Does anyone else have problems with foggy glasses?

I will finish my coffee and make a little breaky, then get that layout done. Just in time for zoom pilates, I hope. 

Omg yes! Drives me crazy!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:09 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:01 pm
Good afternoon Cherries.  Another beautiful day here and I've gone on one walk but managed to finish this layout I started yesterday for the 1 -3 - 5 - 7. I've been going through my Christmas stash and realize I couldn't use this all if I lived to be 110.  I've already given some Christmas stuff to my stepson's fiancee and will be giving more to my cleaning ladies.  

Cute layout Chris! I love the papers you used!

Image  Image Image Image

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 606

Post by sherelm » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:44 pm

I see some of you are slowly edging back with friends, and some are still strict with Covid around. I don't know, I'm just having depressed days which I get a lot of people are,with all this. Sometimes it seems too much to scrap.

Dolly, my pup, who is just three has a bad infection in her anal glands and yesterday the vet told me she may even need them removed. Swell.

You gals with the mask fogging glasses? Pinch the nose wire tighter. After wearing masks every day in the OR and morgue, you learn that trick.

We are having a live crop in two weeks. They have a huge banquet room and are limiting it to 20 people. That way we will be 6 feet apart, and masks optional. Mine will be off. After three family members with Covid, I never thought I'd say it but... our vet yesterday, who is 80 years old, says they do nothing against this virus. He said he hates Trump, but its one thing he is right about.

Have a good day ladies, I'm going to watch TV and scrap tonight.

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1737

Post by Art_Teacher » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:14 pm

Parent/Teacher conferences last night (I had none in-person and only 7 on the phone and still was required to stay at school until 7 pm. smh) Interims come out next week...can't believe how fast the month of September went! Gorgeous weather here, still, and I have been trying to enjoy it after school with Paisley every evening this week. She was a bit put-out that I didn't get home until 7:30 last night. lol

Still very aggravated at how things are picked and chosen to allow or not, here. :( No choir, school musical, etc., but seriously planning to have basketball where they will be face-to-face breathing heavily on each other. It makes no sense! Plus, if these masks work (I don't believe they are that effective, either, Sher) and we are making all of our kids wear them (along with ourselves), then why can we not do group work in class? etc. I'm just so tired of it all!

I might get to scrapbook. Just realized I did the Becky Fleck sketch this weekend and never uploaded it. :(
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:14 pm
Parent/Teacher conferences last night (I had none in-person and only 7 on the phone and still was required to stay at school until 7 pm. smh) Interims come out next week...can't believe how fast the month of September went! Gorgeous weather here, still, and I have been trying to enjoy it after school with Paisley every evening this week. She was a bit put-out that I didn't get home until 7:30 last night. lol

Still very aggravated at how things are picked and chosen to allow or not, here. :( No choir, school musical, etc., but seriously planning to have basketball where they will be face-to-face breathing heavily on each other. It makes no sense! Plus, if these masks work (I don't believe they are that effective, either, Sher) and we are making all of our kids wear them (along with ourselves), then why can we not do group work in class? etc. I'm just so tired of it all!

I might get to scrapbook. Just realized I did the Becky Fleck sketch this weekend and never uploaded it. :(

i am fastly learning in this town if it is related to SPORTS  no rules apply  they let 7 of the 13 cheerleaders that were supposed to start quarantine today come to school--the VARSITY ones-- so that no one out of area would know and we wouldnt have to forfeit our game.......WTH???????????????

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1737

Post by Art_Teacher » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:12 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

i am fastly learning in this town if it is related to SPORTS  no rules apply  they let 7 of the 13 cheerleaders that were supposed to start quarantine today come to school--the VARSITY ones-- so that no one out of area would know and we wouldnt have to forfeit our game.......WTH???????????????

:sleeping: :sleeping:
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 277

Post by DN in MN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:55 pm

Good Evening everyone!  Had such a busy day with work that I poured myself a large glass of red wine; made dinner and poured another glass...  No scrappin' for me after this.  Just relaxing and will try again tomorrow.  BF is cleaning up the kitchen so that is a win win for me!

I hope you all have a great evening and are staying safe.  Sounds like such a mixed bag of differences in each town you are in!

Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 52/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:18 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:

O. M. G. WTH is wrong with them?!!

Image  Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3049

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:34 am

CarrieG wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:

WTF!?!?! Down here in Corpus, the moment a student or teacher is positive, they announce - its all over the media outlets here locally - so its KNOWN! Games have been cancelled, pushed back, etc. We ain't hidin' nothin'!

Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:19 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:34 am
CarrieG wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:

WTF!?!?! Down here in Corpus, the moment a student or teacher is positive, they announce - its all over the media outlets here locally - so its KNOWN! Games have been cancelled, pushed back, etc. We ain't hidin' nothin'!

the gossip train shares here but other than them saying its a case...they are claiming HIPPA and other stuff............we are having transparency issues lately in this lil town........ugh

Aztam
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 152

Post by Aztam » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:44 pm

sherelm wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:44 pm
I see some of you are slowly edging back with friends, and some are still strict with Covid around. I don't know, I'm just having depressed days which I get a lot of people are,with all this. Sometimes it seems too much to scrap.

Dolly, my pup, who is just three has a bad infection in her anal glands and yesterday the vet told me she may even need them removed. Swell.

You gals with the mask fogging glasses? Pinch the nose wire tighter. After wearing masks every day in the OR and morgue, you learn that trick.

We are having a live crop in two weeks. They have a huge banquet room and are limiting it to 20 people. That way we will be 6 feet apart, and masks optional. Mine will be off. After three family members with Covid, I never thought I'd say it but... our vet yesterday, who is 80 years old, says they do nothing against this virus. He said he hates Trump, but its one thing he is right about.

Have a good day ladies, I'm going to watch TV and scrap tonight.

It’s a constant battle with that wire piece in the mask. So I purchased a face shield. I figure if I cover my mouth with the mask and wear the shield, I meet the requirements to enter most businesses. No offense to your vet but my husband has implemented mandatory masks in the work area in the building. One of the workers got COVID from a family member. NONE of the other employees contracted it! And that worker has contact with every other person in the office (less than 6 ft contact). So I will err or the side of safety and wear my gear! Maybe forever, uggg

ps sorry to hear about the pup, I know what a misery that is from our last dog...
👋

Tam

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”