Scrap a Day, September 26th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 775

Scrap a Day, September 26th

Post by pawprints » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:49 am

Hey Cherries. Another really nice day here again today. 75 degrees. I definitely have to get my walk in today but I will do it before I start scrapping. I never walked yesterday because I got too involved in my layout. Lol. That’s my plan for today.

Have a great Saturday Cherries and stay safe!

Image  Image Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1255

Re: Scrap a Day, September 26th

Post by CarrieG » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:21 pm

happy saturday all!

i slept in  i was up in the middle of the night with a leg cramp......so it was nice to get some solid sleep after that!
it was hot here yesterday and its supposed to be 94 here today but then we go back down to the mid 80's--perfect fall weather to me!

i just put the last lil touches on a layout and i have informed dh and dd that i NEED to scrap!  i do have some things around the house i need to do but im going to play a lil game with myself....work on house thing, scrap for a half hour, work on house thing, scrap for a half hour...LOL  i am also going to enlist dd to help with a few things...haaaaaaaaa

i hope everyone has a great day today!

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 277

Post by DN in MN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:55 pm

Good Afternoon!  I am scrapping while the Littles destroy the space and my DD is making bows for the girls using my Cricut.  To say all is calm would be a lie, lol, but we are all having a good time!   It is raining here so no guilt in staying in and scrapping.  BF is out running errands and said he would bring pizza back for dinner :) 

I hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday!
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 52/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1123

Post by beachlover » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:56 pm

Happy Saturday Cherries!!

I finally posted the last Motivational Challenge!  I lost my list I had for it, so had to  start from scratch.
Hopefully its nice and simple for everyone!

Carrie, have you tried drinking regular seltzer water when you get leg cramps?  My MIL and SIL swear by it!
I have been using essential oils and have a few lotions that I use when my legs and feet start up.  It stinks, always starts at night, right!

I am getting my bags unpacked from the crop I went to, and starting to repack (lightly) for a 4 day crop in Va each in 2 weeks.  

Have a great day all!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:46 pm

beachlover wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:56 pm
Happy Saturday Cherries!!

I finally posted the last Motivational Challenge!  I lost my list I had for it, so had to  start from scratch.
Hopefully its nice and simple for everyone!

Carrie, have you tried drinking regular seltzer water when you get leg cramps?  My MIL and SIL swear by it!
I have been using essential oils and have a few lotions that I use when my legs and feet start up.  It stinks, always starts at night, right!

I am getting my bags unpacked from the crop I went to, and starting to repack (lightly) for a 4 day crop in Va each in 2 weeks.  

Have a great day all!

i havent tried that.........i was going to eat a nanner but the last one in the bowl was too ripe..LOL  i will have to get some seltzer and keep it in the fridge!  i use essential oils for ooodles of things...i did use some on my leg when i got up cuz it was sore and tight...........ugh

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1737

Post by Art_Teacher » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:18 pm

My brother, the athletic trainer, swears by pickle juice for leg cramps. lol I think I'd go with the other ideas, first! :)

Got 2 layouts done this morning for my CT work, and had a lazy Saturday. Still lazy, in fact. Haha! Paisley and I walked and now I am sitting on my deck loving this gorgeous Fall weather...wish I could bottle it for December through March! The only bad part is it hasn't rained for nearly 3 weeks and I am still trying to keep my flowers and veggies going...having to water them every day. I will get tired of it, soon and they will die. Sigh...

I have spent many months wishing 2020 would just go away, but I finally realized these are precious months with my sweet Paisley, my husband, and my parents, that I will never get back, so I am enjoying them as they come. Sending good thoughts and hugs to all of you, with thanks for helping me make it through this most trying time. May we all look back soon, and remember the good with the bad!
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:18 pm
My brother, the athletic trainer, swears by pickle juice for leg cramps. lol I think I'd go with the other ideas, first! :)

Got 2 layouts done this morning for my CT work, and had a lazy Saturday. Still lazy, in fact. Haha! Paisley and I walked and now I am sitting on my deck loving this gorgeous Fall weather...wish I could bottle it for December through March! The only bad part is it hasn't rained for nearly 3 weeks and I am still trying to keep my flowers and veggies going...having to water them every day. I will get tired of it, soon and they will die. Sigh...

I have spent many months wishing 2020 would just go away, but I finally realized these are precious months with my sweet Paisley, my husband, and my parents, that I will never get back, so I am enjoying them as they come. Sending good thoughts and hugs to all of you, with thanks for helping me make it through this most trying time. May we all look back soon, and remember the good with the bad!

i have been putting a lot of emotional energy into really trying to find all the silver linings......im having to make decisions for my own mental health..kwim?  first and foremost being that if i dont have it...im not dashing to the store for it..........etc........as our numbers are jumping back up i get seriously p*ssed off when i see ppl in stores with no masks etc..and whole families shopping etc....so i cant control them but i can control me......so on the first of the month....big trip and then nothing again til i get paid on the 15th........2 times a month is all..LOL  i appreciate all of you--you even let me whine...LOL  we all have diff experiences during this but yet we all have one common thing...that is rough!

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:41 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:29 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

i have been putting a lot of emotional energy into really trying to find all the silver linings......im having to make decisions for my own mental health..kwim?  first and foremost being that if i dont have it...im not dashing to the store for it..........etc........as our numbers are jumping back up i get seriously p*ssed off when i see ppl in stores with no masks etc..and whole families shopping etc....so i cant control them but i can control me......so on the first of the month....big trip and then nothing again til i get paid on the 15th........2 times a month is all..LOL  i appreciate all of you--you even let me whine...LOL  we all have diff experiences during this but yet we all have one common thing...that is rough! 

So true! We all have to do what we do and not stress about others, or we will go crazy!  lol  I think we have all gained some perspective on what is important in life and what is not, how to "survive" with less, and so on.  I'm serious...this website and you ladies have kept me sane (I think ;) ) during all of this!

Laura
 Image   Image  Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:05 pm

Here are my 2 layouts.  Ladies, this digi kit is magical!  It will be released in October at Scrap Girls and Digital Scrapbooking Studio.  If you do digi or hybrid, check it out!
For the Becky Fleck 191 Sketch:

For the Sept. Rewind (Becky Fleck 185) and Sept. 1-3-5-7 challenges combined:
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

aheatfan
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 318

Post by aheatfan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 pm

Agreed...I say do what you can to stay sane..it's hard. Everyone is going through different battles.

Carrie....I was suffering from horrific leg cramps every night. I would get inner thigh cramps that actually hurt so bad I'd sometimes get sick to my stomach or almost pass out. I had blood work done and now take vitamin D everyday. I've only had one now in over 3 months. Drastically changed my life.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:31 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:41 pm
CarrieG wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:29 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

So true! We all have to do what we do and not stress about others, or we will go crazy!  lol  I think we have all gained some perspective on what is important in life and what is not, how to "survive" with less, and so on.  I'm serious...this website and you ladies have kept me sane (I think ;) ) during all of this!

i learned to make an easy indian fry bread today...we had fry bread tacos.........LOL  now i dont have to worry about not having taco shells!

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:37 pm

aheatfan wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 pm
Agreed...I say do what you can to stay sane..it's hard. Everyone is going through different battles.

Carrie....I was suffering from horrific leg cramps every night. I would get inner thigh cramps that actually hurt so bad I'd sometimes get sick to my stomach or almost pass out. I had blood work done and now take vitamin D everyday. I've only had one now in over 3 months. Drastically changed my life.

i might have to try that...seems like i have been getting them more often lately

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:38 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:05 pm
Here are my 2 layouts.  Ladies, this digi kit is magical!  It will be released in October at Scrap Girls and Digital Scrapbooking Studio.  If you do digi or hybrid, check it out!

both are gorgeous!

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 775

Post by pawprints » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:05 pm

Two gorgeous layouts Laura!

Image  Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”