Photo editing app?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Post Reply
User avatar
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5680
Layouts: 990
Location: NYC

Photo editing app?

Post by scrappinmom99 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:07 pm

What's a good photo editing app for someone not very techy haha? I got a new phone a few weeks ago and before it has no space, I'd like to add a photo editing app. I'm trying to get used to using the phone as my only camera so I figured I should learn how to edit on there too. I only really have heard about the Project Life app, but haven't used any apps really. I don't know what I'd want to do other than crop and make collages or smaller sizes? I send my photos to Shutterfly or Snapfish etc, fi that helps any? Thanks, cherries!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Image

User avatar
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5680
Layouts: 990
Location: NYC

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by scrappinmom99 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:41 pm

Btt

What photo apps do you guys use? I need help LOL! I'm trying to use my phone for photos "like a normal person" as my kids say. But I don't know what to do about editing them on the phone. Any advice? Thanks cherries!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Image

User avatar
Mommyof5
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 381
Layouts: 35
Location: Texas

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by Mommyof5 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:06 pm

I have tried several different apps, and my favorites still remain the same...

Photo shop express and Photo toaster for all the effects, overlays etc.

Phonto for writing on my photos.

and Image Blender for combing two photos.  

they are all very easy to use and produce quality images. 

I have Snapseed, and a few others...but never really use them 
Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
Image   Image

User avatar
karensay
Cherry Cola
Posts: 7220
Layouts: 239
Location: Elgin, South Carolina

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by karensay » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:06 pm

Wish I could help.  I still use my Cannon camera and crop on my computer.

Following this thread though.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 37366
Layouts: 782
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:29 pm

I take all my pics on my phone but do all my photo editing in Photoshop on my iMac. Wish I could help but I don't usually edit them on my phone, except for a few adjustments I may make to send a pic by text, and that can be done right in the camera app on the iPhone.
Image

 Image  Image Image Image
 

User avatar
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 9407
Layouts: 1267
Location: Texas

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by CarrieG » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:46 pm

im so non techy i just used what came on my iphone...LOL or what is available on the photo kiosk when i get prints from my phone

User avatar
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Posts: 383
Layouts: 702

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by Rachel Kent » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:57 pm

What phone do you have? I have used a ton of different editing apps

User avatar
traveler
Cherry Bing
Posts: 2694
Layouts: 323
Location: New Jersey

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by traveler » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:30 am

pawprints wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:29 pm
I take all my pics on my phone but do all my photo editing in Photoshop on my iMac. Wish I could help but I don't usually edit them on my phone, except for a few adjustments I may make to send a pic by text, and that can be done right in the camera app on the iPhone.

This is what I do also.

User avatar
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 11679
Layouts: 1753
Location: South Carolina

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:51 am

karensay wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:06 pm
Wish I could help.  I still use my Cannon camera and crop on my computer.

Following this thread though.

I am old school, just like you. I still use a camera, edit on my computer, and get them printed.
Susan  Image    Image

User avatar
Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3950
Layouts: 1287
Location: Lititz PA

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by Yankeegirl » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:23 pm

I use both my iPhone 7Plus and my DSLR Nikon for photos.  Using the phone more now because I am not going anywhere special.  Like others I do all my editing on the computer with Photoshop elements.    I still can't get phone shots, especially those sent to me by others, to be clear and not grainy.  My eyes are not good enough to see the screen well enough on my phone to edit, even with the 7plus size.
Autumn is the season that teaches us that change can be beautiful.

Kathy
Image                Image

User avatar
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Posts: 16231
Layouts: 1482
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by emmapaige » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:24 pm

I'm watching Vicki Boutin live right now and she will be teaching a class in the near future about photo editing and printing. She has an iPhone so if you have one of those, this might be right up your alley!  If you don't follow VB, I can let you know when she announces the class.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImageImageImage
 

User avatar
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5680
Layouts: 990
Location: NYC

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by scrappinmom99 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:24 am

Mommyof5 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:06 pm
I have tried several different apps, and my favorites still remain the same...

Photo shop express and Photo toaster for all the effects, overlays etc.

Phonto for writing on my photos.

and Image Blender for combing two photos.  

they are all very easy to use and produce quality images. 

I have Snapseed, and a few others...but never really use them 
Oh wow, those are good ideas. I hadn't even thought about things like writing on photos or overlays. I'm still kind of just in the "let me lighten this picture up" or get rid of red eye (which isn't really a thing anymore is it?) I will check into these, thanks!
 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Image

User avatar
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5680
Layouts: 990
Location: NYC

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by scrappinmom99 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:36 am

karensay wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:06 pm
Wish I could help.  I still use my Cannon camera and crop on my computer.

Following this thread though.

That's what I've been doing up until this summer. My Canon is on its last leg though and I just got a new phone. I know that I am more likely to send pics to be printed from the free apps on my phone, than I am to go through the files on the computer and upload and send...so I am trying to at least stay current on photo printing and then attack the backlog. My kids are like "just use your phone!" LOL! I'm trying!!  :greenwinkb:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Image

User avatar
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5680
Layouts: 990
Location: NYC

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by scrappinmom99 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:03 am

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:46 pm
im so non techy i just used what came on my iphone...LOL or what is available on the photo kiosk when i get prints from my phone

How does that work, getting pics from the kiosk? I see it at Rite Aid but I'm a bit iffy on it LOL
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Image

User avatar
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5680
Layouts: 990
Location: NYC

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by scrappinmom99 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:05 am

Rachel_K wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:57 pm
What phone do you have? I have used a ton of different editing apps

I have a Samsung Galaxy A21.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Image

User avatar
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Posts: 383
Layouts: 702

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by Rachel Kent » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:20 am

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:05 am
Rachel_K wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:57 pm
What phone do you have? I have used a ton of different editing apps

I have a Samsung Galaxy A21. 

Oh sorry I won't be any help then ha! I'm sure it comes with a simple editing something already on it? You could probably use that to crop, lighten, etc.

User avatar
Aztam
Cherry Picker
Posts: 686
Layouts: 155
Location: Baja AZ

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by Aztam » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:27 am

Here’s a few to check:

pic tap go
print to size (my fave)
snapseed
Colorpop
prisma
photobooth
 
👋

Tam

User avatar
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 9407
Layouts: 1267
Location: Texas

Re: Photo editing app?

Post by CarrieG » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:34 am

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:03 am
CarrieG wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:46 pm
im so non techy i just used what came on my iphone...LOL or what is available on the photo kiosk when i get prints from my phone

How does that work, getting pics from the kiosk? I see it at Rite Aid but I'm a bit iffy on it LOL 

you just plug your phone in with the right cord on the machine and upload them, edit if you want etc and get them printed....they should have a way to upload them online also for pick up

Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”