What's One Thing in Your Stash....

Moderator: ACOT Employee

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1270

What's One Thing in Your Stash....

Post by lissahope26 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:07 pm

*What's one thing in your stash that you have used for years?  My ol' reliable is Bazzil In Stitch'z.  I bought the kit when QVC sold it eons ago.  I use it now for all my hand sewing.  I wish they still sold the thread.  I use regular cotton thread now. 
On the flip side of that, what's one thing you wish would make a come back?  What's one thing that could go away and you would never miss it?
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 14

Re: What's One Thing in Your Stash....

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:21 pm

MY EXPRESSION BY CRICUT..... I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT...... WISH THEY'D COME OUT WITH MORE CARTRIDGES INSTEAD OF EVERYTHING ONLINE NOW.... VALERIE

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 291

Post by Vicki R. » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 pm

I have a Making Memories sanding block that I love and use frequently.  I wish I knew where to get a new one that worked as well. 

BASIC GREY....I would love to see them make a comeback.  I truly miss their paper collections.

I think washi tape could go away and I wouldn't miss it.  There are some awesome tape out there and I have quite a collection, but rarely use it.

aheatfan
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 356

Post by aheatfan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:39 pm

I love my Cricut and use it almost every time I scrap.  I also would like to see Basic Gray come back - loves their paper.  One thing I would probably would not miss much are shape punches (other than circles). I never really use them, only border punches. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 281

Post by Flasher » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:52 pm

I use my Doodlebug Rub-On Transfer Tool on practically every layout.  It has the stylus on one end and a little scoopy spoon on the other end.  I rarely use rub-ons anymore, but I use stickers and Thickers all the time and I use the spoon end to lift them off the paper.  Lots of times my fingers bend the sticker or Thickers, so the tool lets me shimmy them off safely.  I prefer it over tweezers.

I wouldn't miss sequins.  I'm not a "glittery", "shiny", "sparkly" gal, so they are not for me.  I've used them twice and learned I just don't have the patience for them!

Oh, and one thing I wish would come back is the "Got Flowers?" milk bottle flowers!  I LOVED those!  I loved that they were grouped by color and theme, and you got soooooo many.  I miss those. 

When people tell me "You're going to regret that in the morning.", I sleep in until noon because . . . you know . . . I'm a problem solver.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3062

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:53 pm

I'm another Cricut girl! Love my Air 2 and how I can upload my own files.

I am a huge Basic Grey and miss it dearly.
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1071

Post by MTCanuk » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 pm

I still love using my circle Coluzzle.  I use it frequently when I need to cut out a circle. It is fast and quicker than a die or the Silhouette.  

I miss Basic Grey too!  Although some of the new Vicki Boutin reminds me of them.  

I could do without Washi and sequins.  I do have some of both, but rately use either!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Aztam
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 155

Post by Aztam » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:57 pm

My Silhouette is my favorite, 2nd favorite is my ATG gun.

For a comeback, Sassafras had a page that was a punch out or cut apart flower that you folded to give it dimension. Of course it was shorter than 12 inches but I loved how it looked. I was in a class that had it after Sassafras was already closed. So I was never able to find another like it. I wonder if any other company would be able to come up with something similar. I could see a row of shells, or pumpkins so many possibilities. It could be a cool signature piece in a collection. American Crafts are you listening???

I could do without snaps and eyelets. I don’t know if I ever used snaps. But I have recently used a few eyelets just because a friend mentioned them!

Great conversation starter!
👋

Tam

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb

Post by lissahope26 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 pm

Aztam wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:57 pm
My Silhouette is my favorite, 2nd favorite is my ATG gun.

For a comeback, Sassafras had a page that was a punch out or cut apart flower that you folded to give it dimension. Of course it was shorter than 12 inches but I loved how it looked. I was in a class that had it after Sassafras was already closed. So I was never able to find another like it. I wonder if any other company would be able to come up with something similar. I could see a row of shells, or pumpkins so many possibilities. It could be a cool signature piece in a collection. American Crafts are you listening???

I could do without snaps and eyelets. I don’t know if I ever used snaps. But I have recently used a few eyelets just because a friend mentioned them!

Great conversation starter!

I saw Shimelle use the foldables from Sass. I thought it was gorgeous on her page. So I know what you are talking about.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 323

Post by traveler » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:52 am

My Quickutz die-cutters, I have the Squeeze and the Epic for many years now and I still use both of them all the time. 

Like many of you, I would bring back Basic Grey.

The thing that I would be happy to have go away are mists. I never got them to come out the way I wanted them to and then the nozzle dries up. 

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb

Post by lissahope26 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:59 am

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:21 pm
MY EXPRESSION BY CRICUT..... I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT...... WISH THEY'D COME OUT WITH MORE CARTRIDGES INSTEAD OF EVERYTHING ONLINE NOW.... VALERIE

I never had an expression but I do have an explore.  It comes in handy.  Right now I'm upset with it because it's tearing my cardstock when I cut. 
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb

Post by lissahope26 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:00 am

VickiR wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 pm
I have a Making Memories sanding block that I love and use frequently.  I wish I knew where to get a new one that worked as well. 

BASIC GREY....I would love to see them make a comeback.  I truly miss their paper collections.

I think washi tape could go away and I wouldn't miss it.  There are some awesome tape out there and I have quite a collection, but rarely use it.

I would not miss washi either.  I have yet to grasp the appeal. 
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb

Post by lissahope26 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:02 am

Laura wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:52 pm
I use my Doodlebug Rub-On Transfer Tool on practically every layout.  It has the stylus on one end and a little scoopy spoon on the other end.  I rarely use rub-ons anymore, but I use stickers and Thickers all the time and I use the spoon end to lift them off the paper.  Lots of times my fingers bend the sticker or Thickers, so the tool lets me shimmy them off safely.  I prefer it over tweezers.

I wouldn't miss sequins.  I'm not a "glittery", "shiny", "sparkly" gal, so they are not for me.  I've used them twice and learned I just don't have the patience for them!

Oh, and one thing I wish would come back is the "Got Flowers?" milk bottle flowers!  I LOVED those!  I loved that they were grouped by color and theme, and you got soooooo many.  I miss those. 

Sounds like a great tool! 

Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb

Post by lissahope26 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:03 am

MTCanuk wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 pm
I still love using my circle Coluzzle.  I use it frequently when I need to cut out a circle. It is fast and quicker than a die or the Silhouette.  

I miss Basic Grey too!  Although some of the new Vicki Boutin reminds me of them.  

I could do without Washi and sequins.  I do have some of both, but rately use either!

Same here!
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1482

Post by emmapaige » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:33 am

I love my electric Big Shot that I bought from QVC years ago. So much easier than the ones you need to crank. Also easier to use than my Silhouette.

Like many others, I would love to see Basic Grey make a comeback. Luckily I have hoarded lots.

Ribbon - I have so much and they look pretty stored in glass jars on my shelf but I never use them.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1482

Post by emmapaige » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:35 am

Laura wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:52 pm

I have that tool and what a great tip to use the other end for stickers and Thickets. I’m going to give that a try today.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 280

Post by DN in MN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:49 am

One of my original purchases over 20 years ago.... Creative Memories Cutting System.  I actually still have the original blades that work awesome!  I do have a new set on standby.  

Melissa ~ you posting about the Bazzill stitching... reminds me to pull that out and use it!!  

I bought this and thought it was going to be great... now it sits in a drawer:

I'm not sure what I would like to make a comeback because I still have a lot of it in my stash, lol.  Basic Grey would be awesome to come back!

This could hit the road as it is not as precise as I would like:

Last edited by DN in MN on Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 53/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 14

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:46 pm

lissahope26 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:59 am
SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:21 pm
HAVE YOU TRIED CHANGING THE BLADE AS THAT USUALLY HAPPENS TO ME TO..... OR TRY A DIFFERENT SETTING THAT MIGHT HELP OR SEE IF THERE IS ANY PAPER ON THE TIP OF THE BLADE THAT'LL DO IT EVERYTIME.... I KNOW SOME PAPER'S JUST RIP WITH MY EXPRESSION JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN.... HOPE THESE IDEA'S HELP..... VALERIE

I never had an expression but I do have an explore.  It comes in handy.  Right now I'm upset with it because it's tearing my cardstock when I cut.  

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 27

Post by Monroe1218 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:14 pm

One of my favorite original purchases is a pair of Honey Bee scissors - the ones that are coated so nothing will stick to them. I use them often and love how I can cut through stickers or paper that I've already used the ATG on and they just cut right through!

One thing I wouldn't miss would be washi tape.  I've never been a fan - and although I love the way it looks, I can't make it work for me.

One thing I wish would come back (other than October Afternoon and Basic Grey) would be these things called Flip Flop Fasteners by Destination Scrapbook Designs.  It's this little clear sticker things that allow you to make pictures, etc flip up.  I will try to add a picture later.  I love using them and am down to my last half a pack!  I'm hoarding them for my December Daily!
Rebecca

shoorn
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1760

Post by shoorn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:50 pm

I have the Creative Memories cutting system too - with and extra set of blades. I use it mostly for circle cuts but have the ovals and other shapes too - including the large circle.  While I have a Cricut (original) and many cartridges It is a pain to drag it out, set it up and use and then pack it up again. Someday I will use it again. In the meantime I have lots of alphas that need to be used up.

Ribbon - I would not miss it. I usually use it only on cards. Or washi - I have quite a bit of it but don't use it - I forget about it. I do use it to seal the envelopes I make for my cards.  
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”