Scrap a Day, October 19th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 782

Scrap a Day, October 19th

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:56 am

Hey Cherries. Not much going on here today. It’s laundry day and I’ll be going for my walk. My layout is finally just about done. Then I really need to clean up in my scrap room.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Image  Image Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1267

Re: Scrap a Day, October 19th

Post by CarrieG » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:26 pm

another cold one here..it is only 52  wth??????????  and its too early in the fall to turn the furnace on..........

soooooooooooooo close to quarantine being over!  yay!  and we have done NOTHING....haaaaaaaaaa laziest days ive had in eons

other than a few house things i am going to BUCKLE down and finish a layout on my desk and get another started..........so i dont regret having wasted so much time!

AND  oldest DD and her DH are at her ultrasound as i type this......im so excited!  cant wait to see the lil bean!   due in april so its still small!  grandson is hanging out at our across the street neighbors playing with them--they are like family and love him--all their grandkids are pretty much grown now.  it would be nice if they could tell the sex today.....there is much great family debate about names  lol  

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1403

Post by Charleneanne » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:28 pm

Not much going on here either. Weather cooling down a degree or two each day but still upper 80’s which is a good 10 degrees above average for now.

My Christmas cards are coming along nicely. I need about 18 more for myself and then usually make cards for a friend (I work for food lol) but she only needs about 12-14.

Have a good and a safe day.
ImageCharleneanne

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1559

Post by mgehrke » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:26 pm
another cold one here..it is only 52  wth??????????  and its too early in the fall to turn the furnace on..........

soooooooooooooo close to quarantine being over!  yay!  and we have done NOTHING....haaaaaaaaaa laziest days ive had in eons

other than a few house things i am going to BUCKLE down and finish a layout on my desk and get another started..........so i dont regret having wasted so much time!

AND  oldest DD and her DH are at her ultrasound as i type this......im so excited!  cant wait to see the lil bean!   due in april so its still small!  grandson is hanging out at our across the street neighbors playing with them--they are like family and love him--all their grandkids are pretty much grown now.  it would be nice if they could tell the sex today.....there is much great family debate about names  lol  

Congratulations Carries on another grandchild. I may or may not have known, but I for sure know now.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 56, 34 and 28) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (4) Sawyer (2) and Mazie (not born yet).

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by mgehrke » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:34 pm

Charleneanne wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:28 pm
Not much going on here either. Weather cooling down a degree or two each day but still upper 80’s which is a good 10 degrees above average for now.

My Christmas cards are coming along nicely. I need about 18 more for myself and then usually make cards for a friend (I work for food lol) but she only needs about 12-14.

Have a good and a safe day.
I would gladly take those 10 degrees from you. We are on a cold snap now and hopefully this isn't a sign to an early winter. I too am making Christmas cards. First time ever doing this, but it's for work. I'm so pleased with myself and how they all turned out. I even busted out my Cricut for a few.

Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 56, 34 and 28) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (4) Sawyer (2) and Mazie (not born yet).

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by mgehrke » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Hey Cherries - not much going on here either. I will finish up the Christmas cards after work today as I have to turn them in tomorrow right after work. Then I'm hoping to keep this momentum up and get some LOs going. I am extremely far behind, and with another grandchild on the way, I don't want to get behind on her's too.

We did have a wonderful time with DD1 this weekend. She flew in late Friday and out early Sunday, so we really only got all day Saturday, but that was good as we were all together as a family and it felt so good. She will be coming home again this Thurs - Sun, but we won't see her til Sunday before they fly out. Again a short trip, but I'll take anything I can get.

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:41 pm

mgehrke wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 pm
CarrieG wrote:

Congratulations Carries on another grandchild. I may or may not have known, but I for sure know now. 

thank you!  i havent said anything on FB yet so i dont suppose you knew.  i was waiting for the ultrasound etc.......she is just shy of 3 months  grandson is so excited for *his* baby...LOL

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:43 pm

mgehrke wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:37 pm
Hey Cherries - not much going on here either. I will finish up the Christmas cards after work today as I have to turn them in tomorrow right after work. Then I'm hoping to keep this momentum up and get some LOs going. I am extremely far behind, and with another grandchild on the way, I don't want to get behind on her's too.

We did have a wonderful time with DD1 this weekend. She flew in late Friday and out early Sunday, so we really only got all day Saturday, but that was good as we were all together as a family and it felt so good. She will be coming home again this Thurs - Sun, but we won't see her til Sunday before they fly out. Again a short trip, but I'll take anything I can get.

gonna be a boom of lock-down babies this spring.........!
glad you got to see DD1  
i havent seen middle DD in just over a year......thanks to COVID stuff.......sigh

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by mgehrke » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:52 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:43 pm
mgehrke wrote:

glad you got to see DD1  
i havent seen middle DD in just over a year......thanks to COVID stuff.......sigh 
Its a little bit funny for DD2, as they had been talking that they were happy with the family they had. It was difficult to even get the boys, so her DD was going to go in for surgery, but then COVID hit. So she took a pregnancy test while thinking about going on birth control and BOOM..... she got pregnant without fertility. So we are calling our new one the surprise baby as it took us all by surprise that she got pregnant.

We haven't seen DD1 since Christmas so I know how you feel. We had to cancel our trip to CO this year due to COVID. I do have to say, DD1 did share with us that she is really thinking about moving back home next Spring or for sure Fall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but keeping my hopes low.

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1071

Post by MTCanuk » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:07 pm

We are buried out here in the west.  We officially had 13.3 inches of snow over Sat and Sunday.  Breaking all kinds of records.  Dd stopped by and shoveled for us yesterday.  Suppose to warm up to 40ish, so it will be all kinds of messy out there.

I have been busy inside get floors vacuumed and mopped.  And also chatting with my sister, who is in the much warmer climate of FL.  Need to go get showered now my work is done.  

and hopefully get to play with pretty paper after That.  
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Aztam
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 155

Post by Aztam » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:21 pm

My latest endeavors for a fun new obsession!

I hope everyone is having a fine Monday. I have some housework that needs attention, and some scrappy cleaning and putting away that needs to happen because my son and fam are coming to visit. I am so thankful that they are taking social distancing seriously so we can have these occasional visits. The pumpkin patch is calling, so I hope we get some good pics of those little ones.

Carrie - congrats on the new arrival!
👋

Tam

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:29 pm

mgehrke wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:52 pm
CarrieG wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:43 pm
mgehrke wrote:

glad you got to see DD1  
Its a little bit funny for DD2, as they had been talking that they were happy with the family they had. It was difficult to even get the boys, so her DD was going to go in for surgery, but then COVID hit. So she took a pregnancy test while thinking about going on birth control and BOOM..... she got pregnant without fertility. So we are calling our new one the surprise baby as it took us all by surprise that she got pregnant.

We haven't seen DD1 since Christmas so I know how you feel. We had to cancel our trip to CO this year due to COVID. I do have to say, DD1 did share with us that she is really thinking about moving back home next Spring or for sure Fall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but keeping my hopes low.

unexpected and easy sometimes are the best suprise!  (if that makes sense)  she wasnt stressed about it!
middle dd and her dh only live 4 hours away but they are in a diff state...and her work and DH's work have had strict rules regarding crossing state lines and to where you can go across state lines..........sigh  we most likely at this point, wont be seeing them at christmas either.....will be the first time ever..sigh  but she is a teacher and cant risk catching it or spreading it...wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3063

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:14 pm

CarrieG wrote:

LOL! And its 90+ the last 3 days here with brutal humidity. Wanna trade? :)

Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3063

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:30 pm

Hi cherries. Had a busy weekend with the girls. All of my scrappy friends came this weekend. Even my SIL came with Draven and Jasper and my friends met Jasper for the first time. Our friend Deborah who just had her son about 7 wks ago came too to show him off. It was great. I managed to get 7 layouts done. Today though I'm struggling with a migraine and massive sinus issues. Friday we hit a high of 63, and Saturday we warmed to 82. Yesterday we were over 90 degrees and today is the same and our humidity is thru the roof. So totally miserable here. What sucks is that the work related issues/emails have been NON.STOP since 9:45 this morning. So its hard to think. I'm just trying to not stress over them and do the best I can. 

Definitely no scrapping for me, but hopefully I'll feel well enough tomorrow to take pics of my layouts and upload them. 

Have a good one ya'll! 
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:32 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:30 pm
Hi cherries. Had a busy weekend with the girls. All of my scrappy friends came this weekend. Even my SIL came with Draven and Jasper and my friends met Jasper for the first time. Our friend Deborah who just had her son about 7 wks ago came too to show him off. It was great. I managed to get 7 layouts done. Today though I'm struggling with a migraine and massive sinus issues. Friday we hit a high of 63, and Saturday we warmed to 82. Yesterday we were over 90 degrees and today is the same and our humidity is thru the roof. So totally miserable here. What sucks is that the work related issues/emails have been NON.STOP since 9:45 this morning. So its hard to think. I'm just trying to not stress over them and do the best I can. 

Definitely no scrapping for me, but hopefully I'll feel well enough tomorrow to take pics of my layouts and upload them. 

Have a good one ya'll! 
Glad you had such a fun weekend Brandy but that really sucks that you are struggling with a migraine today, with a busy work day besides. I hope you feel better soon!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Aztam wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:21 pm
My latest endeavors for a fun new obsession!

I hope everyone is having a fine Monday. I have some housework that needs attention, and some scrappy cleaning and putting away that needs to happen because my son and fam are coming to visit. I am so thankful that they are taking social distancing seriously so we can have these occasional visits. The pumpkin patch is calling, so I hope we get some good pics of those little ones.

Carrie - congrats on the new arrival!

That is so cute! So happy for you that your son and family are coming for a visit! Have a great time!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:35 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:07 pm
We are buried out here in the west.  We officially had 13.3 inches of snow over Sat and Sunday.  Breaking all kinds of records.  Dd stopped by and shoveled for us yesterday.  Suppose to warm up to 40ish, so it will be all kinds of messy out there.

I have been busy inside get floors vacuumed and mopped.  And also chatting with my sister, who is in the much warmer climate of FL.  Need to go get showered now my work is done.  

and hopefully get to play with pretty paper after That.  

Yikes that is a lot of snow! And it's still fall!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 pm

mgehrke wrote:

So glad you got to see your dd!

Image  Image Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1485

Post by emmapaige » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi guys!! DH had a bad night and we ended up staying in bed until 11:00 am.  I searched for cherries on my iPad to keep quiet and he fell in and out of sleep.  Heis having a tough time today with low blook pressure.  He's taking meds that were supposed to raise his BP plus he's off two meds the cardialogist thought might help too. I made him instant mashed potatoes and he put on lots of salt and that didn't help either.  I'm just so depressed because it looks like he's not going to get better.  I'm afraid to leave him alone in the house more than 20 - 30 minutes at a time while I go for a walk. When I go to grocery stores, he drives me but he stays in the car.  I think at some point, he's not going to be able to drive and he loves to drive. 

Sorry for being such a downer today but I know this is the one place where we can all come together to share good and bad and sad news.  I value you all my Cherry Friends.  xoxo

On a scrappy note - I did a sympathy card for a neighbor friend who lost her brother last week.  He fell and never recovered.  He was 82.  I used an upcoming SNS WCMD sketch.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:12 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:48 pm
Hi guys!! DH had a bad night and we ended up staying in bed until 11:00 am.  I searched for cherries on my iPad to keep quiet and he fell in and out of sleep.  Heis having a tough time today with low blook pressure.  He's taking meds that were supposed to raise his BP plus he's off two meds the cardialogist thought might help too. I made him instant mashed potatoes and he put on lots of salt and that didn't help either.  I'm just so depressed because it looks like he's not going to get better.  I'm afraid to leave him alone in the house more than 20 - 30 minutes at a time while I go for a walk. When I go to grocery stores, he drives me but he stays in the car.  I think at some point, he's not going to be able to drive and he loves to drive. 

Sorry for being such a downer today but I know this is the one place where we can all come together to share good and bad and sad news.  I value you all my Cherry Friends.  xoxo

On a scrappy note - I did a sympathy card for a neighbor friend who lost her brother last week.  He fell and never recovered.  He was 82.  I used an upcoming SNS WCMD sketch.
Chris I am so sorry you and your dh are going through this with his bp. I really hope his doctor can get it under control. I'm sure the stress is taking a big toll on both of you. Many ((hugs)).

Image  Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”