Scrap a Day, October 20th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 782

Scrap a Day, October 20th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. I am proud to say I did a lot of cleaning up in my scrap room last night. DH was watching football and being the night owl that I am I was on a roll and put a lot of stuff away and did some reorganizing too. I also made a birthday card for my great niece. Today I need to make a welcome baby card for our new great niece (her baby sister)and ship out the package. Picking up a grocery order too.

We have a woodpecker that keeps flying into the upstairs bedroom windows. We woke up to thump… thump… thump… I’m surprised he doesn’t hurt himself. It’s not the first time we have had a woodpecker do this, and once they start they will keep doing it for days and days and even weeks. Last time we had to put a Mylar balloon out the window to scare him away. It may come to that again this time.

Hope you all have a great day! And stay safe!

Image  Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3066

Re: Scrap a Day, October 20th

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hi Barb! Crazy woodpecker! Glad you got alot of cleaning up done. Its great to be on a roll!

I was a hot mess yesterday with horrible sinus pain on top of a full blow migraine. What made it hard to relax was the work emails never stopped. And some of the issues are now IT's problems. My client can email me initially, and I'll receive it and respond. However, when she replies to my email, it bounces back. Not as SPAM but apparently the mail server is adding extra garbage and yahoo is rejecting it. And its for Foster Parents as well - aol, hotmail, gmail, comcast, etc. And what's even worse is that CPS is rejecting them. SO its on our end. So freaking annoying. I went as far back as about 5 weeks ago. My client is PISSED. So yeah...not a happy day yesterday. Even with a horrible migraine and not getting to my computer until 10am, I managed to squeeze 6 hrs in. 

Today doing alot better, not quite 100%. Migraine pain is lingering, but manageable. My sinuses are better too, but still have slight pressure. I got to my computer at 9am today. That's a start right? Oh and I got dressed too. LOL. Granted - just  shorts and a shirt, but better than PJs. 

I'm excited to get my layouts from my crop uploaded but we'll see how I feel. That does take time. And with the constant emails yesterday and not feeling good, I'm behind on some stuff. So really not quite sure if I'll even get a chance to start taking pics of my layouts. But I'm going to try!

Have a good one!
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1270

Post by CarrieG »

global warming my a**  LOL  this is the coldest i can remember late October being since we moved here....usually in the high 70's low 80's but nope...high of 54 and we even have a snowflake in the forecast for late next week...WTH?????????????

i am sooooooooooo on the struggle bus when it comes to staying focused on scrapping.......my last day of freedom.....i gotta get with it!

we were all pretty sinusy last night....im gonna blame it on the icky weather........im ok-ish so far today but i took some sudafed just in case it decides to kick in later

hope everyone has a good day!
MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1071

Post by MTCanuk »

We’re experiencing un -fall like weather too!  We are still in the 20’s so 50’s seems balmy to me!  We have had some melting, but another 5-8 inches of snow in the forecast for tomorrow.  Say, what?....
All this crazy weather gives me headaches too, Brandy!  Hope yours is better.
I will just stay indoors.  I have plenty to do!!  
Have a layout started on my desk I should probably work on.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1492

Post by emmapaige »

Good afternon.  Bad night for us again. DH had trouble getting back into bed after going to the bathroom.  So even though it is a beautful day, I couldn't take the long walk I was hoping.  I did a modified walk and may try to walk a little more while DH is taking his afternoon nap.

I did get the BF SKetch done.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1492

Post by emmapaige »

So happy right now....our granddaughter, Paige called to FaceTIme with us.  She loves my scrapbook pages and promised to send me more photos to scrap.  
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:34 pm
Hi Barb! Crazy woodpecker! Glad you got alot of cleaning up done. Its great to be on a roll!

I was a hot mess yesterday with horrible sinus pain on top of a full blow migraine. What made it hard to relax was the work emails never stopped. And some of the issues are now IT's problems. My client can email me initially, and I'll receive it and respond. However, when she replies to my email, it bounces back. Not as SPAM but apparently the mail server is adding extra garbage and yahoo is rejecting it. And its for Foster Parents as well - aol, hotmail, gmail, comcast, etc. And what's even worse is that CPS is rejecting them. SO its on our end. So freaking annoying. I went as far back as about 5 weeks ago. My client is PISSED. So yeah...not a happy day yesterday. Even with a horrible migraine and not getting to my computer until 10am, I managed to squeeze 6 hrs in. 

Today doing alot better, not quite 100%. Migraine pain is lingering, but manageable. My sinuses are better too, but still have slight pressure. I got to my computer at 9am today. That's a start right? Oh and I got dressed too. LOL. Granted - just  shorts and a shirt, but better than PJs. 

I'm excited to get my layouts from my crop uploaded but we'll see how I feel. That does take time. And with the constant emails yesterday and not feeling good, I'm behind on some stuff. So really not quite sure if I'll even get a chance to start taking pics of my layouts. But I'm going to try!

Have a good one!
Brandy I am so sorry for the rough day that you had yesterday. I'm glad that you are doing so much better today. I hope you can catch up soon!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:40 pm
Good afternon.  Bad night for us again. DH had trouble getting back into bed after going to the bathroom.  So even though it is a beautful day, I couldn't take the long walk I was hoping.  I did a modified walk and may try to walk a little more while DH is taking his afternoon nap.

I am so sorry that Ed is having this problem Chris. I hope so much that they can find out why and help him. Your layout is wonderful.

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:17 pm
So happy right now....our granddaughter, Paige called to FaceTIme with us.  She loves my scrapbook pages and promised to send me more photos to scrap.  

Awww that is so sweet!! I am so happy for you!

Image  Image Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Have a good one!

glad you are doing better...that sinus junk is rearing its head now up here......
so sorry that work is going rough...i hope you are able to finish out the week with less PITA
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG »

emmapaige wrote:

BIG hugs!  and im so glad you got to facetime with your granddaughter!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aztam
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 164

Post by Aztam »

emmapaige wrote:

what fun colors for these cheerful photos1
👋

Tam
Aztam
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 164

Post by Aztam »

Barb, wonder if they make an owl balloon or cling that would keep the birds away. If you have reflective glass they may think there is competition.
👋

Tam
pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

Aztam wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:45 pm
Barb, wonder if they make an owl balloon or cling that would keep the birds away. If you have reflective glass they may think there is competition.

Yes it is the refection that they see on the glass. Over the years we have tried putting tape and other things on the windows but it never helped. Then once I read about putting a mylar balloon outside the window and that did the trick. Once I bought an emoji face balloon lol. The neighbors must have thought we were crazy.

Image  Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”