Scrap a day, October 23rd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 782

Scrap a day, October 23rd

Post by pawprints » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Hey Cherries. Nothing much going on here today. The weather has been warm but the air has been so heavy and humid, some rain, overcast, and just yucky. I really felt lousy last night. Today looks like more of the same. So weird for October here. It’s causing lots of bad hair days too. Lol.

No plans today except to make a card and go out and ship a package. Then scrap.

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!

Image  Image Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1267

Re: Scrap a day, October 23rd

Post by CarrieG » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:56 pm

oh my heavens its cold here....43 with a feels like of 32 thanks to some fierce wind  its horrid...straight to my bones when i grabbed the mail
kids are a bit wound since we cant play outside!

im hoping to work a bit on a layout, i started last night, during afternoon naptime

im peeved i have to go out in this weather later to grab a few things i forgot at the store yesterday  --and its my fault so im peeved about that..LOL

really nothing else going on...boring day

have a great day all! 

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 323

Post by traveler » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:36 pm

More craziness here. My husband was sick last weekend, he went and got a rapid covid test just to be sure and it was negative so we thought that was that. It was kind of strange symptoms. He's completely better now, but now our son is sick, similarly strange symptoms, so we're getting him a test this afternoon. It seems these rapid tests aren't completely accurate so we're getting him a PCR test and will have results next week. I don't know how any of us could have gotten it or anything else, we wear masks everywhere, and my husband also wears goggles at work, and we barely go anywhere. We only socialize with relatives who all had covid in the Spring and are completely recovered. 

Meanwhile, school has been closed for 2 days again because 5 kids tested positive, but supposedly they got it somewhere else and it has not been transmitted in schools. Today was my son's day to go in, so that was cancelled which is just as well since he wouldn't have gone anyway. 

I'm fine except for nerves and not sleeping. 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3062

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:23 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:56 pm
oh my heavens its cold here....43 with a feels like of 32 thanks to some fierce wind  its horrid...straight to my bones when i grabbed the mail

im hoping to work a bit on a layout, i started last night, during afternoon naptime

im peeved i have to go out in this weather later to grab a few things i forgot at the store yesterday  --and its my fault so im peeved about that..LOL

have a great day all! 
I heard that front came barreling thru the Panhandle this morning! I'm excited because its supposed to be here by midnight tonight. We're not gonna be cold like ya'll - just PLEASANT. This morning we woke up to 98% humidity and 75 degrees (but it felt like 89). Can you say YUCK?!! Our high will be well above 90. We're supposed to be 63 in the morning with only like 80s for highs this weekend. Can't wait!

Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:26 pm

trainmom wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:36 pm
More craziness here. My husband was sick last weekend, he went and got a rapid covid test just to be sure and it was negative so we thought that was that. It was kind of strange symptoms. He's completely better now, but now our son is sick, similarly strange symptoms, so we're getting him a test this afternoon. It seems these rapid tests aren't completely accurate so we're getting him a PCR test and will have results next week. I don't know how any of us could have gotten it or anything else, we wear masks everywhere, and my husband also wears goggles at work, and we barely go anywhere. We only socialize with relatives who all had covid in the Spring and are completely recovered. 

Meanwhile, school has been closed for 2 days again because 5 kids tested positive, but supposedly they got it somewhere else and it has not been transmitted in schools. Today was my son's day to go in, so that was cancelled which is just as well since he wouldn't have gone anyway. 

Total nerve wracking for sure. I'm sorry! Hugs! Hope that test comes back negative!
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 280

Post by DN in MN » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:30 pm

Good Afternoon!  Its 34 degrees and snowing off and on.  For some reason, I think this is here to stay... I still hope this will melt and we get a couple of nicer days before the real "S" hits.  I have a 9 lb pork roast in the oven so the house smells amazing.  I just got done with some work projects and vacuumed and mopped my craft area.  Since my work is there, its like I am cleaning my office space too, lol - win win :)  My Bigs and Littles will be here for dinner around 6pm so I am hoping to finish cleaning while working then... I'm gonna say it... scrap!

Enjoy your day and weekend ~ stay safe!
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 53/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:31 pm

Good afternoon cherries! Got a few things done around the house then went and got groceries. We're having my dad over for dinner tomorrow night and luckily I didn't have to substitute anything. They are all new recipes too - pork chops in the crock pot (with a creamy sauce); beer cheese mashed potatoes; and brussel sprouts in a garlic, buttery sauce. 

Today is just a regular work day. Luckily no emails and I haven't heard from anyone whether the issue with the email server has been resolved. But the way these guys are handling things, I highly doubt it. 

I do want to get into my room for a few minutes and put TWO more stars on an otherwise FINISHED layout. I did the Sketch Challenge with a Twist last weekend and I was about to upload it when I noticed that the TWIST is 3+ stars. And I have one. So hopefully I can find either stickers or just quick enamel stars to do the job. I do have 2 more layouts that are ready to be uploaded. I'll try to do that today as well.

Have a great weekend y'all!
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:31 pm

pawprints wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:47 pm
Hey Cherries. Nothing much going on here today. The weather has been warm but the air has been so heavy and humid, some rain, overcast, and just yucky. I really felt lousy last night. Today looks like more of the same. So weird for October here. It’s causing lots of bad hair days too. Lol.

Oh humidity and my curls do not mix well... Good luck with that and I hope you are feeling better!
Image   Image   Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:32 pm

CarrieG wrote:

have a great day all! 
There is nothing worse than a chilling wind chill.  I know it well.  Stay warm!

Image   Image   Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:34 pm

trainmom wrote:

Oh Louise... Sorry to hear you are going through all that... 
Image   Image   Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:50 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:31 pm
pawprints wrote:

Oh humidity and my curls do not mix well... Good luck with that and I hope you are feeling better! 

Thanks Deanna. I'm feeling much better today. And yes my hair and any moisture at all do not go well together. Ugh.

Image  Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:51 pm

Another layout from my scrappy weekend

Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:52 pm

trainmom wrote:

Hope the test comes back negative! Such scary times. Many ((hugs)).

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:54 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:51 pm
Another layout from my scrappy weekend

This is so sweet Brandy! Loving all the browns and black with the pops of pink!

Image  Image Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1482

Post by emmapaige » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:55 pm

Good afternoon - we slept in late (due to the football game last night).  I woke much earlier than DH so I watched YouTube videos on my iPad with my ear buds.  Made Chicken Tortellini Soup in the crock pot and then went out to go on a walk.  My neigbor was outside so we talked for awhile and then did one walk around the neighborhood.  Then we ran into another neighbor so we stopped and talked with him for awile.  The she went inside and walked around the neighborhood a few more times.  My kitchen is a disaster so I've got to clean that but I really want to scrap.  Oh well, if the kitchen is clean by the time dinner is ready, I'm good with that.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:57 pm

pawprints wrote:

We're having the same weird October weather.  I'm not complaining because it's better than having bitter cold weather.  My electic bill loves this weather since there is no need to have the A/C or heat on.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:59 pm

CarrieG wrote:

have a great day all! 
That's bizzare that PA is much warmer than TX (we're in the low 70's).

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:02 pm

trainmom wrote:

Oh no Louise - I sincerely hope his test comes back negative.  I can only imagine the anxiety you are experiencing.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:04 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:57 pm
pawprints wrote:

We're having the same weird October weather.  I'm not complaining because it's better than having bitter cold weather.  My electic bill loves this weather since there is no need to have the A/C or heat on.  

Oh yes I am so glad it is not cold! Just could do without the heavy humid misty air. Yes it is great not to have to run the heat. I do wish it was nice enough to open windows though.

Image  Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:07 pm

Another layout from the weekend

Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”