Scrap a Day, October 26th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 782

Scrap a Day, October 26th

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Hey Cherries. Overcast here today and in the 50s. We haven’t seen much of the sun in quite a few days. Today is laundry day and I do hope to scrap. Never did get to it yesterday.

Hope you all have a great day!

Image  Image Image Image

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3580

Re: Scrap a Day, October 26th

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:37 pm

Hello Barb and everyone! We have had rain all weekend and it's still raining and cold!! After being at the beach I'm not ready for all this nasty, dreary weather!!

We just got back from voting!!! Woo! Hoo! Also, had to stop at the DMV for my car sticker. Waiting on the Dr. to schedule some tests for DH. My oldest brother in Alabama is having heart surgery today by a robot technique. Hoping everything goes well, if not they'll have to do open heart surgery. He's waited for over a year for this robot thing to be approved there.

I'm playing catchup trying to finish up some October challenges and prepare to work on November DT assignments. Getting some of the grandkids again this Wednesday to Saturday as they are back to having online classes because of COVID in the nursing home in the county. They get all their assignments for the week and don't have to check in, so they can get everything done today and tomorrow. Their parents are huge Marshall Football fans and are going to the game in Miami. I'm feeling blessed as the kids didn't want to go, they wanted to stay with us. 😊

Have a great day, everyone!
 Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1482

Post by emmapaige » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Good afternoon.  Yucky day here as well.  Do you ever have a day where it seems like everything you do goes wrong.  It started with me this morning trying to log on to ACOT to search for cherries and I kept getting errors.  I finally was able to log on but that put me behind on the start of the day. I eventually made breakfast and came into my scrap room. I usually watch TV shows from the DVR while I'm in here and I couldn't get it to work.  After several attempts I knew I'd have to unplug and plug back in.  Unfortunately, it's not that easy since my plug is behind one of my Ikea cubes.  Once I practically stood on my head, I was able to get everything working.  Then I started to work on a DT assignment which requires some stencil work.  After ruining the first two pieces, I was able to get a semi-successful page. 

So now that I'm done venting, I think I'll work on another layout.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:42 pm

pawprints wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:16 pm
Hey Cherries. Overcast here today and in the 50s. We haven’t seen much of the sun in quite a few days. Today is laundry day and I do hope to scrap. Never did get to it yesterday.

Sun??? What is that?? I know I haven't seenn it for a few days.

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:37 pm
Hello Barb and everyone! We have had rain all weekend and it's still raining and cold!! After being at the beach I'm not ready for all this nasty, dreary weather!!

We just got back from voting!!! Woo! Hoo! Also, had to stop at the DMV for my car sticker. Waiting on the Dr. to schedule some tests for DH. My oldest brother in Alabama is having heart surgery today by a robot technique. Hoping everything goes well, if not they'll have to do open heart surgery. He's waited for over a year for this robot thing to be approved there.

I'm playing catchup trying to finish up some October challenges and prepare to work on November DT assignments. Getting some of the grandkids again this Wednesday to Saturday as they are back to having online classes because of COVID in the nursing home in the county. They get all their assignments for the week and don't have to check in, so they can get everything done today and tomorrow. Their parents are huge Marshall Football fans and are going to the game in Miami. I'm feeling blessed as the kids didn't want to go, they wanted to stay with us. 😊

I hope your brother's surgery goes well and you can get the tests scheduled for your DH.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1267

Post by CarrieG » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:00 pm

woke up to freezing rain...but biz as usual....it was 23 feels like 16.....but by 10 am they were closing the schools early...snotty icy mess out there..and we were having thunder snow/sleet..and now we are supposed to get a lil dump of snow overnight....so far they have called for a 2 hour delay for tomorrow but word is they will prob just cancel....
so DD got home at 11 from school and then right after her DH came home....his school got cancelled also  first time since we have lived here that they let kids our early due to weather!

we are all hunkered down now......and im gonna make a pot of tater soup and try and get some scrapping done!

have a great day all!

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Deanna13 wrote:

Hope all goes well for your brother Deanna! And it is always so sweet when the grandkids want to stay with you. Mine have not been able to stay here since February. I miss that. Enjoy yours!

Last edited by pawprints on Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:33 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:41 pm
Good afternoon.  Yucky day here as well.  Do you ever have a day where it seems like everything you do goes wrong.  It started with me this morning trying to log on to ACOT to search for cherries and I kept getting errors.  I finally was able to log on but that put me behind on the start of the day. I eventually made breakfast and came into my scrap room. I usually watch TV shows from the DVR while I'm in here and I couldn't get it to work.  After several attempts I knew I'd have to unplug and plug back in.  Unfortunately, it's not that easy since my plug is behind one of my Ikea cubes.  Once I practically stood on my head, I was able to get everything working.  Then I started to work on a DT assignment which requires some stencil work.  After ruining the first two pieces, I was able to get a semi-successful page. 

Oh yes I've had days like that. Makes me think I should just go back to bed when that happens lol.

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:35 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:42 pm
pawprints wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Sun??? What is that?? I know I haven't seenn it for a few days.

Tell me about it. I saw a tiny peek thru when I started my walk yesterday, but it was very short lived and just a tease. Been cloudy and overcast here for days!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:36 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:00 pm
woke up to freezing rain...but biz as usual....it was 23 feels like 16.....but by 10 am they were closing the schools early...snotty icy mess out there..and we were having thunder snow/sleet..and now we are supposed to get a lil dump of snow overnight....so far they have called for a 2 hour delay for tomorrow but word is they will prob just cancel....
so DD got home at 11 from school and then right after her DH came home....his school got cancelled also  first time since we have lived here that they let kids our early due to weather!

we are all hunkered down now......and im gonna make a pot of tater soup and try and get some scrapping done!

have a great day all!
Geez doesn't sound like fall. Stay warm and cozy!

Image  Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3062

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:03 pm

CarrieG wrote:

have a great day all!
What in tarnation are those temps doing in Texas? LMAO! WOW! Crazy because today we'll be in the 90s again after being in the 70's on Saturday. A front is knocking on our door tonight and we'll be in the 60's all day tomorrow. No wonder my sinuses are messed up! Stay warm!

Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:05 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Awe Chris! That is really a Monday for sure! AT least you're home and those things aren't happening at work! EEK!
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:07 pm

Deanna13 wrote:

Good luck to your brother. Hope his surgery goes well

Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 pm

Good afternoon cherries. Its an allergy day here with temps in the 90s when we were 25 degrees cooler just two days ago. A front should be knocking on our door tonight, dropping our temps 35 degrees this time! Crazy! Luckily no headache...just sneezing up a storm today.

Another busy day for both DH and I and probably a busy week. At least our Monday morning went by fast!

I finished my last and 5th layout last night but never got a chance to upload it. Its for the This or That Challenge

Definetly no scrapping, but if I make it in my room, I'll just piddle and clean up from the weekend.

Have a great day.
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1071

Post by MTCanuk » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:22 pm

I am trying to get laundry done today, for us going away on Wed.  
Ordered some things on line for Christmas and they won't arrive until we are back.  
The snow has stopped, thankfully and now the wind gets up to blow it all about and drift.
I would just love to have rain and not snow.  But... Mother Nature thinks otherwise.
Need to up load a couple of things I have finished before we head out of town.  Made a wedding card for my dd, the bride and her groom.  
Will post it shortly.  That was my one thing I did need to accomplish yesterday.  
So, maybe I might get to make a couple of layouts.  We shall see.  
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 714

Post by 1scrappymom » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Afternoon everyone. Working all day, but I get off at 7 instead of 8 so winner winner chicken dinner! LOL 

going to the grocery after work to get ready for our Halloween party. Not much of a party since it's just us, but fun nonetheless. No scrapping lately. Still can't get a decent picture, but I might try tonight. I am seriously sleep deprived these days, so hoping to actually get to bed early.   We leave for vacation (hopefully) in 2 weeks from tomorrow, so I am finishing up some stuff for that. I so need to get away for a little while. Mental health and pandemics means Shannon is a busy gal! LOL I need to run over and vote as well. I am trying to find a time I can go with DS since this is his first time voting. So exciting!  

Welp...gotta get back to work! Take care Cherries!!!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:31 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 pm
Good afternoon cherries. Its an allergy day here with temps in the 90s when we were 25 degrees cooler just two days ago. A front should be knocking on our door tonight, dropping our temps 35 degrees this time! Crazy! Luckily no headache...just sneezing up a storm today.

Another busy day for both DH and I and probably a busy week. At least our Monday morning went by fast!

I finished my last and 5th layout last night but never got a chance to upload it. Its for the This or That Challenge

Definetly no scrapping, but if I make it in my room, I'll just piddle and clean up from the weekend.

Have a great day.

Brandy I love the mix of wood and soft colors on this!

Image  Image Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1267

Post by CarrieG » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:40 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:03 pm
CarrieG wrote:

have a great day all!
What in tarnation are those temps doing in Texas? LMAO! WOW! Crazy because today we'll be in the 90s again after being in the 70's on Saturday. A front is knocking on our door tonight and we'll be in the 60's all day tomorrow. No wonder my sinuses are messed up! Stay warm!

exactly!  i shouldnt see cold like this til Dec/Jan.........im having trouble staying motivated to scrap much...did finish up one but its too gray and icky to take a pic of it...gonna try and get the BF sketch started.......

aheatfan
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 356

Post by aheatfan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:41 pm

Deanna13 wrote:

Hope everything goes well for your brother and husband. Tell your kids to be sure to bring the masks when they come to Miami and the patience. It's crazy here right now. Between the ejection, the humidity and rising numbers we just need to be patient and safe.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

aheatfan
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 356

Post by aheatfan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:42 pm

aheatfan wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:41 pm
Deanna13 wrote:

Hope everything goes well for your brother and husband. Tell your kids to be sure to bring the masks when they come to Miami and the patience. It's crazy here right now. Between the election, the humidity and rising numbers we just need to be patient and safe.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”