Scrap a Day, November 24th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 790

Scrap a Day, November 24th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. No scrapping for me today. I still have to work on some cards and I have a curbside pickup of a grocery order this afternoon. After I get home and put everything away I am going to my moms to visit with her because we can’t be together for Thanksgiving. I usually host my whole family every year but this year we can’t do that so I am going to visit with her today. I’ll order Panera for lunch and pick it up curbside on the way to her house. I can’t believe we are so deep into November already. I have so many more challenges that I want to do. I hope I can get to them.

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!

Image Image  Image  Image

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 346

Re: Scrap a Day, November 24th

Post by traveler »

I have very little going on today so I should scrap. We'll see. I may have mentioned that we are moving to a new house, but slowly. I have moved some of my scrap stash there, and I have a partially finished layout on the table there. So, I would need to clear that one from my head and work on something different here. I have some printed photos here which go with a paper collection there, so I should probably bring them next time since the only photo printer is here. But I also have some photos that I can work on here, so we'll see. 

It will only be the 4 of us for Thanksgiving, I have groceries coming tomorrow and I will make the dessert tomorrow and everything else on Thursday, so I don't need to do anything for that today.

We drove up to Rochester this past weekend to pick up our son at college. He had a great semester considering everything that is going on and is happy he chose that school. He seemed happy to see us and showed us around campus which was great because we weren't allowed when we dropped him off. 
Louise
Wide World of Scraps
Image Image Image

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 707

Post by blfonty »

Hi Cherries! I'm on the hunt for a new artificial Christmas Tree and want to get a Made in the USA brand if I can find it. So many are made in China. Any recommendations welcomed.

I hope to scrap tonight after work. I made a pot of Cheddar Potato Soup last night, so leftovers give me some extra scrap time. And the hot soup will warm me up on these colder nights.

I am feeling thankful for ACOT and all our Cherries here. Wishing everyone a special Thanksgiving however you celebrate it!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.   
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3087

Post by blbabe1234 »

blfonty wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:24 pm
Hi Cherries! I'm on the hunt for a new artificial Christmas Tree and want to get a Made in the USA brand if I can find it. So many are made in China. Any recommendations welcomed.

I hope to scrap tonight after work. I made a pot of Cheddar Potato Soup last night, so leftovers give me some extra scrap time. And the hot soup will warm me up on these colder nights.

I am feeling thankful for ACOT and all our Cherries here. Wishing everyone a special Thanksgiving however you celebrate it!

Have you checked Kohl's yet? Home Depot has Made in the USA. If you don't have Home Depot, maybe Lowe's?
Not sure what the craft stores (Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann, etc) would have. 
Brandy Williams

ImageImage Image Image Image
Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 318

Post by Vicki R. »

blfonty wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:24 pm

Good morning cherries!  I am busy getting ready to bake pumpkin pies today and finishing up some online shopping.

Bonnie, here is a list of the best artificial Christmas trees that I found.  It appears that "The National Tree Company" is a made in the USA company.  Not sure where to look for them, but I think Amazon carries some of the styles.  Hope you find what you want.  Good luck!

Top Trees

Image Image Image Image                                                                     He"artful" Validation of Vicki
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:45 am
I have very little going on today so I should scrap. We'll see. I may have mentioned that we are moving to a new house, but slowly. I have moved some of my scrap stash there, and I have a partially finished layout on the table there. So, I would need to clear that one from my head and work on something different here. I have some printed photos here which go with a paper collection there, so I should probably bring them next time since the only photo printer is here. But I also have some photos that I can work on here, so we'll see. 

It will only be the 4 of us for Thanksgiving, I have groceries coming tomorrow and I will make the dessert tomorrow and everything else on Thursday, so I don't need to do anything for that today.

We drove up to Rochester this past weekend to pick up our son at college. He had a great semester considering everything that is going on and is happy he chose that school. He seemed happy to see us and showed us around campus which was great because we weren't allowed when we dropped him off. 

Glad to hear he's having a good time at college. Enjoy having him with y'all this week
Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries! OMG.....yesterday was a $hit $how with all the emails and its the same today. I'm thankful for my job and the fact that I stay busy during hard times, but wow! Lots of craziness. If people would just stop and READ....half of my emails wouldn't be necessary. Luckily my client closes her doors at 5pm today so tomorrow should be nice and quiet. That right there is a Vacation/Holiday for me! LOL.

DH has his long day too with 2 back to back conference calls. I wonder if his conference call tomorrow is cancelled/re-scheduled? Would be nice.  I know starting next week, he and his boss and his coworkers are going to be B.U.S.Y. One of the two quotes that they worked hard on last month has turned into a PO and that company is in Japan. They want to "kick off starter meetings" either Dec 2nd/3rd (next Tues/Wed) or Dec 7th/8th (the following Mon/Tues). And Japan is 15 hours AHEAD of Texas. So for those "meetings" to work, if Japan is 8am, then we would be 5PM the previous day. Oy! Its already confusing. Which would make some very long days for DH and his coworkers. Unless his boss allows them to come in later.....OR...if Japan is cool and THEY STAY late. Like if DH has an 8am meeting, Japan would be 11pm. But who knows! EEEEK!

Anyways, working today and tomorrow, I'll run into town to pick up the girls' Thanksgiving Pup Box from the Texas Doggie Bakery. I was given the option for pick-up today or tomorrow, but with my client closing her doors today and her staff having tomorrow off, I figured it would be easier for me to pick it up tomorrow. Hope the puppies enjoy it. And yes, I'll take pics! 
Brandy Williams

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1538

Post by emmapaige »

Good afternoon.  Our cleaning ladies come this afternoon.  We need to pick up prescriptions (one for me and one for DH), go to DH's podiatrist appointment and then drive over to King of Prussia to pick up our prepared Thanksgiving dinner at Seasons 52. So it's very doubtful I'll have time to scrap.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

aheatfan
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 434

Post by aheatfan »

Woohoo.......starting today I am off for six days..this weekend I did a major change to my living room and my scrap room. Took a large piece of IKEA furniture out of the living room into the scrap room. Finished cleaning that up this morning.

Got my Thanksgiving menu and time schedule figured out today too. No scrapping today though....working on getting my Harry Potter Christmas tree up in my scrap room.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1084

Post by MTCanuk »

No scrapping here.  I have sewed up a couple of Christmas gifts and getting the binding attached.  Yesterday was cleaning the house. And tomorrow will be a little food prep for Thanksgiving dinner.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1278

Post by CarrieG »

holy cow where did today go???????????  been in a fog!  i did work a lil bit on my double pager....its a bit of a struggle for me.........grrrrrrrrrr

i did do laundry today...woot wooot

grandson and oldest DD and her DH will be here in about an hour to do the BIG 5 bday for mr stetson!  ekkkkkkkkkkk tho i havent wrapped gifts...LOL

after they leave im hoping to work on the layout some more

have a great evening all!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1767

Post by Art_Teacher »

Well...was all excited to be on break for Thanksgiving.  Then, at 4:30 today, I got a call from school...my principal. 7th Grade Student in my 1st period class tested positive for Covid this afternoon, after being at school all day!  smh  Not sure why he was at school if he was tested, so I'm guessing he was actually tested this afternoon (asymptomatic) because he is playing basketball and they have to test prior to games. :(  Principal is asking me who he would've been closer than 6 ft. from, for more than 15 minutes.  Luckily, yesterday and today, I had them up and circulating the room, making prints from linoleum blocks, and washing in between each print.  I hope that means he wasn't next to anyone for very long.  Otherwise, it would be the kids at his table, but I don't think he was even at his own table for more than 5 minutes.  So...

I had planned on Thanksgiving at my Mom & Dad's...they go nowhere, and I was going to keep my distance and wear my mask when not eating.  Not sure, now. :(  Mom says we need to still come over. I guess we will see and we will definitely be on the other end of the room!  So freaking depressing!  

I am still not in a good place...missing my baby girl so much and it is so lonely when I get home from school.  Now, with the possibility of school shutting down again, I am not sure I will make it at home by myself every day.  :(

I made this layout yesterday for the BF Sketch Challenge.  I need to scrap more to take my mind off of things...

Laura
 Image    Image   Image  Image
pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

trainmom wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:45 am

That's great that your son is happy at his college and that you got to see the campus. Glad you have him home for Thanksgiving.

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:59 pm
Good morning cherries! OMG.....yesterday was a $hit $how with all the emails and its the same today. I'm thankful for my job and the fact that I stay busy during hard times, but wow! Lots of craziness. If people would just stop and READ....half of my emails wouldn't be necessary. Luckily my client closes her doors at 5pm today so tomorrow should be nice and quiet. That right there is a Vacation/Holiday for me! LOL.

DH has his long day too with 2 back to back conference calls. I wonder if his conference call tomorrow is cancelled/re-scheduled? Would be nice.  I know starting next week, he and his boss and his coworkers are going to be B.U.S.Y. One of the two quotes that they worked hard on last month has turned into a PO and that company is in Japan. They want to "kick off starter meetings" either Dec 2nd/3rd (next Tues/Wed) or Dec 7th/8th (the following Mon/Tues). And Japan is 15 hours AHEAD of Texas. So for those "meetings" to work, if Japan is 8am, then we would be 5PM the previous day. Oy! Its already confusing. Which would make some very long days for DH and his coworkers. Unless his boss allows them to come in later.....OR...if Japan is cool and THEY STAY late. Like if DH has an 8am meeting, Japan would be 11pm. But who knows! EEEEK!

Anyways, working today and tomorrow, I'll run into town to pick up the girls' Thanksgiving Pup Box from the Texas Doggie Bakery. I was given the option for pick-up today or tomorrow, but with my client closing her doors today and her staff having tomorrow off, I figured it would be easier for me to pick it up tomorrow. Hope the puppies enjoy it. And yes, I'll take pics! 
Yay for a Vacation/Holiday for you!! Have fun!

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:29 pm
Woohoo.......starting today I am off for six days..this weekend I did a major change to my living room and my scrap room. Took a large piece of IKEA furniture out of the living room into the scrap room. Finished cleaning that up this morning.

Got my Thanksgiving menu and time schedule figured out today too. No scrapping today though....working on getting my Harry Potter Christmas tree up in my scrap room.

Yay enjoy your time off!

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:56 pm
Well...was all excited to be on break for Thanksgiving.  Then, at 4:30 today, I got a call from school...my principal. 7th Grade Student in my 1st period class tested positive for Covid this afternoon, after being at school all day!  smh  Not sure why he was at school if he was tested, so I'm guessing he was actually tested this afternoon (asymptomatic) because he is playing basketball and they have to test prior to games. :(  Principal is asking me who he would've been closer than 6 ft. from, for more than 15 minutes.  Luckily, yesterday and today, I had them up and circulating the room, making prints from linoleum blocks, and washing in between each print.  I hope that means he wasn't next to anyone for very long.  Otherwise, it would be the kids at his table, but I don't think he was even at his own table for more than 5 minutes.  So...

I had planned on Thanksgiving at my Mom & Dad's...they go nowhere, and I was going to keep my distance and wear my mask when not eating.  Not sure, now. :(  Mom says we need to still come over. I guess we will see and we will definitely be on the other end of the room!  So freaking depressing!  

I am still not in a good place...missing my baby girl so much and it is so lonely when I get home from school.  Now, with the possibility of school shutting down again, I am not sure I will make it at home by myself every day.  :(

I made this layout yesterday for the BF Sketch Challenge.  I need to scrap more to take my mind off of things...

Beautiful layout Laura! Love all the red with the touches of teal! I'm so sorry that one of your students tested positive and now you have to worry about that. I hope he at least had a mask on in your classroom. And many ((hugs)) on missing your girl. I know that pain is so hard to bear.

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1767

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:53 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:56 pm

Beautiful layout Laura! Love all the red with the touches of teal! I'm so sorry that one of your students tested positive and now you have to worry about that. I hope he at least had a mask on in your classroom. And many ((hugs)) on missing your girl. I know that pain is so hard to bear. 
All our students are wearing masks in the classroom, but not very well. Sigh....so many reminders to pull them up over the nose and so forth. :(  This kid is one that has that issue, mostly because he has a small face and the ones his parents gave him are for adults, so they slide down. smh   Not sure if they are helping or not, but he is only the second positive case we have had since school started, so maybe.

Laura
 Image    Image   Image  Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”