How many cherries still have.....

Moderator: ACOT Employee

StacyLee
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 644

How many cherries still have.....

Post by StacyLee »

Any of these?

photo turns (I LOVED those back in the day, haven’t used one in years)
brads
eyelets (remember the setter and hammer?)
fibers and/or ribbon
Wood block stamps (maybe card makers don’t think these are old but mine sit in a basket for decoration now)
buttons
”naked” chipboard
the prima paper flowers that came in a jar
metal embellishments (I bought so many metal bookplates!)
Plain vellum sheets
Blackboard embellishments (I have packages of labels and tags and used ONE lol)

Im sure there are other things those of us who have been scrapping a long time might still have in their stash, but these are things I bought a lot of once upon a time. I purge my stash once or twice a year, but have held on to these and they’ve been collecting dust.  Full disclosure: I bought a new decorative container for my Triblend markers and now half my room is gutted and being reorganized 😄  I came across all these things and that prompted this post. 

I’m thinking of a challenge, maybe a 3 month series, and I’ll offer a couple gc at the end rather than a monthly gc. I wanted to feel everyone out before posting it, who is interested in being challenged to use some of the items listed above?  I didn’t want to post it and get a lot of responses saying I wish I could play but I don’t have that....
Who’s interested? Anything you’d like to see added that you’ve had collecting dust for years?

Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

Image   ImageImage

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1353

Re: How many cherries still have.....

Post by scrapy1967 »

I have brads and still use them. Lots of naked chipboard and woodblock stamps that like you I they are more for decorating but I do still use them. Please post a pic of your tri lens storage. I’m looking for something for mine. Being they are so long they don’t fit in the other thing I have.
ImageImage 

karen c.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 720

Post by karen c. »

I have all of the above and would love to have a way to use some of them.
I still have alot of rub-ons.
Image          ImageImage
Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 318

Post by Vicki R. »

I have all of the above also!  And, some of those big ol' Heidi Swapp flowers, Junkitz and some other old stash.
  Image Image Image Image                                                                     He"artful" Validation of Vicki
StacyLee
Cherry Bing

Post by StacyLee »

scrapy1967 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:42 pm
I have brads and still use them. Lots of naked chipboard and woodblock stamps that like you I they are more for decorating but I do still use them. Please post a pic of your tri lens storage. I’m looking for something for mine. Being they are so long they don’t fit in the other thing I have.

I still really like to use brads, too.  I think they reproduce in my cabinet somehow, though and I'd like to use them more lol  Here is what I picked up for my markers, I have a farmhouse decor in my craft room, got it at Home Goods.  Where I'm putting it I'll be able to see the colors through the side.  They are so long the only other thing I had was a basket, which meant digging or emptying it every time I wanted to find one.
Stacy

Image   ImageImage

StacyLee
Cherry Bing

Post by StacyLee »

seastar wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:46 pm

Rub-ons....yes! That's a great one and I'll add it.  I think I'll give a few options to choose from each month.
Stacy

Image   ImageImage

StacyLee
Cherry Bing

Post by StacyLee »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:52 pm
I have all of the above also!  And, some of those big ol' Heidi Swapp flowers, Junkitz and some other old stash.

Good ones, I'll consider any older flower like that and not limit it to Prima and everyone will be on their honor LOL
Stacy

Image   ImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1538

Post by emmapaige »

I have all of the above even after doing a major purge a few months ago.  Sounds like a great challenge.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1403

Post by Charleneanne »

Although I have been doing a lot of donating this past year or so, yes I still have lots of that stuff laying around.
ImageCharleneanne
lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1312

Post by lissahope26 »

I just bought a bunch of vellum because I like backing cut files with it.  I have tons of buttons still.  I have a smattering of brads and eyelets. 
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

joannie
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1729

Post by joannie »

I have all those in my stash. I am starting a Grab 5 challenge in December to help use stash, old & new. I think we all have lots of stash to use up!  Great minds think alike!
- joannie

Image Image Image Image
StacyLee
Cherry Bing

Post by StacyLee »

lissahope26 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:25 pm
I just bought a bunch of vellum because I like backing cut files with it.  I have tons of buttons still.  I have a smattering of brads and eyelets. 

Ooooh, then I'm definitely putting vellum on the list so I can see how you use it......and copy it  :-D

Stacy

Image   ImageImage

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1312

Post by lissahope26 »

I have a prima flowers too.  I don't have a huge amount but I do have one of those tubes.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

StacyLee
Cherry Bing

Post by StacyLee »

joannie wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:28 pm
I have all those in my stash. I am starting a Grab 5 challenge in December to help use stash, old & new. I think we all have lots of stash to use up!  Great minds think alike!

Oops, I didn't catch that.  If any of our older items overlap I'd be ok with cherries combining. Is that ok with you?  I did the This or That for a couple months but just wasn't feeling it. I'll definitely be checking out your challenge  :-D
Stacy

Image   ImageImage

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 346

Post by traveler »

I have every one of those items and still use many of them, I particularly like metal embellishments and brads. I still occasionally run the plain vellum through the printer for my journaling.  I have always hated rub-ons.
I have more of the things on your list in the first post than I have of newer embellishments.
Louise
Wide World of Scraps
Image Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1278

Post by CarrieG »

i have some of these things...not tons but some
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee

Post by scrapy1967 »

seastar wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:46 pm

Oh yes rub one too!! Lots of those and I use the ones that still work.
ImageImage 

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee

Post by scrapy1967 »

StacyLeeD wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:17 pm
scrapy1967 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:42 pm

I still really like to use brads, too.  I think they reproduce in my cabinet somehow, though and I'd like to use them more lol  Here is what I picked up for my markers, I have a farmhouse decor in my craft room, got it at Home Goods.  Where I'm putting it I'll be able to see the colors through the side.  They are so long the only other thing I had was a basket, which meant digging or emptying it every time I wanted to find one.

I love that. My craftroom is farmhouse eclectic lol! Lots of repurposed old crates and vintage boxes and containers. I really despise plastic in my craftroom but do have those 13x13 iris containers.
ImageImage 

joannie
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1729

Post by joannie »

StacyLeeD wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:31 pm
joannie wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:28 pm

Oops, I didn't catch that.  If any of our older items overlap I'd be ok with cherries combining. Is that ok with you?  I did the This or That for a couple months but just wasn't feeling it. I'll definitely be checking out your challenge  :-D 
Sure I'm all for the Cherries combining our challenges!  :-D

- joannie

Image Image Image Image
Retiree3
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 4446

Post by Retiree3 »

I have quite a lot of the things you listed.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”