Scrap a Day, January 18th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 800

Scrap a Day, January 18th

Post by pawprints »

Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. today who was so tragically murdered many years ago. I still remember hearing the news of his death. So horrible and senseless.

I am so sore from talking my power walks two days in a row after not walking since before Thanksgiving. It is not flat here and I do a lot of uphill, and my legs and lower back and my ankles hurt. I need to get back into condition. I’m taking today off it just hurts too much to move, but it does feel good getting back into it.

Today is laundry and I’m going to work on doing some cleaning up around here and putting orders that have come in away. But first I am going to put the finishing touches on the layout I was working on yesterday.

Have a great day Cherries!
Last edited by pawprints on Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image  Image  Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1281

Re: Scrap a Day, January 18th

Post by CarrieG »

nice sunny day here but not super warm......but ill take it!
ive got laundry going and can put it on the line since its sunny!  yay!  i love line drying stuff!

im working on the double page layout i started last night....getting close to being done....now i dont have to stare at these pics on my desk anymore...ha
DD is hanging out with daycare girlie and watching cartoons...

after i finish this layout i am going to do some planning on what is next and sort some photos--would like to start and or finish another one before the day is over!

my ear is still bugging me so i took some left over antibiotic to see if that will help--thinking it might be an ear infection...gahhhhhhhhhhh

nothing major going on here today which is NICE cuz the rest of my week is gonna be cray cray im sure!

enjoy your monday all!
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1281

Post by CarrieG »

pawprints wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:08 pm
Hey Cherries. I am so sore from talking my power walks two days in a row after not walking since before Thanksgiving. It is not flat here and I do a lot of uphill, and my legs and lower back and my ankles hurt. I need to get back into condition. I’m taking today off it just hurts too much to move, but it does feel good getting back into it.

Today is laundry and I’m going to work on doing some cleaning up around here and putting orders that have come in away. But first I am going to put the finishing touches on the layout I was working on yesterday.

Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. today who was so tragically murdered many years ago. I still remember hearing the news of his death. So horrible and senseless.

high five on getting back into it!
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 277

Post by Flasher »

Good morning, Cherries!

Light snow here . . . cold.  Since today is a bank holiday, Mike is not working.  So, I plan on banning him from my space for the day.  Not sure what I will do.  Maybe scrap.  Maybe sit in there naked.  The point is to claim my space for the day!

Hope those muscles feel better quick, Barb!

Carrie, I hope your ear gets to feeling better!
Be the reason someone smiles today . . . or the reason they drink.  Whatever works.

traveler
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 359

Post by traveler »

Good morning. We're still helping my in-laws with their move. My mother-in-law won't rest until everything is unpacked and set up, and she is over 80 and going to hurt herself. So, we went there yesterday and are going again today. My husband is taking turns with his siblings. I haven't scrapped since this whole thing started which is fine. I want to try some water color techniques, just to make a card. I told my mother-in-law that I would like 1 or 2 sheets of watercolor paper to play with, she's an artist, and I think she is more than happy to give them to me, but I don't have them yet. Also, all my watercolors (that I rarely use) are at the other house where I probably won't be for 2 weeks.
Louise
Wide World of Scraps
Image Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1794

Post by Art_Teacher »

Laura wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:23 pm
Good morning, Cherries!

Light snow here . . . cold.  Since today is a bank holiday, Mike is not working.  So, I plan on banning him from my space for the day.  Not sure what I will do.  Maybe scrap.  Maybe sit in there naked.  The point is to claim my space for the day!

This gave me the giggles..."sit in there naked."  LOL  I agree, he should let you have your space for a day off! ;)

Laura
 Image    Image   Image  Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3103

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries! Both DH and I are working today. Its a holiday for my client and her users, so I'm taking advantage of the "quietness" to get a few more things completed. If I can get it all done today, then I can do an upgrade tonight. 

Its cloudy and cool here and looks like its going to rain. Took me a while to get moving as I woke up with some sinus pressure. But I feel better now. 

No scrapping here. I did work on a two pager yesterday for 2 hours  until I started making dinner. It looks like its about 90% done. So maybe with today a holiday, I can sneak into my room, take a peak and maybe finish it. If not, then it'll be there 'til Sunday. LOL.

Barb - sorry you're sore, but WTG in getting back to walking again. I need to do that too. But if I wake up with a headache or sinus pressure, fresh air and a walk doesn't help. It ends up doing the opposite. So I have been skipping. :S

Carrie - hope your ear infection goes away quickly.

Louise - glad the move is going well for your in-laws
Brandy Williams

ImageImage Image Image Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

Carrie, enjoy your day and get feeling better!
Barb, good for you getting back into exercising...I am so lazy all winter and usually I lose about 5 lbs. doing the musical.  Guess I'd better get moving, too!
Louise, you could do watercolors on some regular cardstock...key is to tape the edges down so it won't curl and will dry flat.

I am here, enjoying my day off and getting a bunch of stuff done around the house. Dentist appointment in about an hour for routine cleaning.  Not sure why in the world I scheduled it for my day off!  LOL  

I managed to finish the BF sketch 207, so here it is.  Maybe I will get to scrap some more. Bad part is I have so many pictures of my beautiful Paisley and I can't bring myself to scrap them. :(  Just not ready, yet.

Have a great day, everyone!

Laura
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:18 pm
ive got laundry going and can put it on the line since its sunny!  yay!  i love line drying stuff!

im working on the double page layout i started last night....getting close to being done....now i dont have to stare at these pics on my desk anymore...ha

after i finish this layout i am going to do some planning on what is next and sort some photos--would like to start and or finish another one before the day is over!

my ear is still bugging me so i took some left over antibiotic to see if that will help--thinking it might be an ear infection...gahhhhhhhhhhh

nothing major going on here today which is NICE cuz the rest of my week is gonna be cray cray im sure!

enjoy your monday all!

I hope your ear feels better and that you don't have an ear infection!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:52 pm
Carrie, enjoy your day and get feeling better!
Barb, good for you getting back into exercising...I am so lazy all winter and usually I lose about 5 lbs. doing the musical.  Guess I'd better get moving, too!
Louise, you could do watercolors on some regular cardstock...key is to tape the edges down so it won't curl and will dry flat.

I am here, enjoying my day off and getting a bunch of stuff done around the house. Dentist appointment in about an hour for routine cleaning.  Not sure why in the world I scheduled it for my day off!  LOL  

I managed to finish the BF sketch 207, so here it is.  Maybe I will get to scrap some more. Bad part is I have so many pictures of my beautiful Paisley and I can't bring myself to scrap them. :(  Just not ready, yet.

Have a great day, everyone!

((Hugs)) Laura I totally get that. In time you will be able too. The wound is still raw right now. Great layout! I love the colors!!

aheatfan
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 498

Post by aheatfan »

Happy Monday. Tring to enjoy every minute of this day off. Was bound and determined to get the Mood Board Challenge today, it always takes me the longest. Stayed up waaaay too late last night making a list of layouts done since May as I have now done two sets of pictures twice. I also figured out how many layouts left for my wedding album....maybe 8-10. Woohoo, only 26 years late.  Enjoy your day Cherries :)
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

aheatfan wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:36 pm
Happy Monday. Tring to enjoy every minute of this day off. Was bound and determined to get the Mood Board Challenge today, it always takes me the longest. Stayed up waaaay too late last night making a list of layouts done since May as I have now done two sets of pictures twice. I also figured out how many layouts left for my wedding album....maybe 8-10. Woohoo, only 26 years late.  Enjoy your day Cherries :)

Your Mood Board layout is stellar!  Love how you made that background paper. :)  I am with you...I did my wedding album around year 25 or 26, too! lol  I still need to do an album from my college days and one for the trips we took before I started scrapping in 1995. ;)  I have long resigned myself to the fact I will never be caught up! 
Laura
aheatfan
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 498

Post by aheatfan »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:57 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:36 pm

Your Mood Board layout is stellar!  Love how you made that background paper. :)  I am with you...I did my wedding album around year 25 or 26, too! lol  I still need to do an album from my college days and one for the trips we took before I started scrapping in 1995. ;)  I have long resigned myself to the fact I will never be caught up!  

Awww. thank you. I learned that painting technique during MMC's.  I agree, caught up is a hopeless dream. Once I finished the boys' first year, now I figure whatever I get done beyond that is gravy :)
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1007

Post by scrappinmom99 »

pawprints wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:08 pm

I am so sore from talking my power walks two days in a row after not walking since before Thanksgiving. It is not flat here and I do a lot of uphill, and my legs and lower back and my ankles hurt. I need to get back into condition. I’m taking today off it just hurts too much to move, but it does feel good getting back into it.

Everybody is home / has off school/work today except me - I'm trying to make a dent lol. DS is here today - got here about an hour ago. DD needs his help on a film project she's doing for school. They had filmed the rough draft 2 weeks ago, but now she needs to refilm for the final draft. Of course she doesn't want to film her dorky parents, haha, so he comes back to help. DH & I also ran out to the dr's office this morning to give blood for our regular checkups. Good for you getting out and walking! Don't overdo it though - take a day in between. I need to get more walking / exercise done. I've gained the pandemic 15 and then some I think. erg. 

As for scrapping - I have the photos and papers picked for my next layout. I'm going to use one of the Double Page Sketches and hopefully get that done sooner than three days (what the last layout took me LOL). 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 16

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS »

HELLO EVERYONE

WELL WE HAD A GREAT DAY YESTERDAY..... WE SPENT THE DAY WITH OUR GRANDDAUGHTER WHO JUST TURNED 18 YESTERDAY AND THEN SHE WILL GRADUATE IN 3 DAYS..... SHE'S GRADUATING EARLY CUZ SHE'S SO SMART.... BUT IF YOU WERE TO ASK HER SHE'D SAY SHE'S NOT SMART....

PLAYED WITH MY CRICUT FOR AS LONG AS IT DID THIS MORNING AS IT IS DYING BUT I THINK IT MIGHT JUST BE THE POWER CORD AS WHEN I MOVE IT AROUND IT WILL TURN BACK ON FOR ME.....

COUPLE OF MORE WEEKS AND WE FINALLY GET TO HAVE OUR FAMILY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAH.....

WELL NOT JUST ELSE IS GOING ON I WILL GET THE GRANDSON AT 5:30 TONIGHT SO HIS PARENTS CAN GO TO WORK.... I GET HIM MON-THURS WHILE HIS PARENTS WORK..... THEN THEY PICK HIM UP AT ABOUT 5:15 IN THE MORNING..... UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG......

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE....

VALERIE  
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 »

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:18 pm

enjoy your monday all!

It doesn't feel like a Monday because of the holiday. Everybody is home! Ooh, line-drying! Wish I could do that - it reminds me of my grandmother. I'm also sorting/planning the next layout - a double pager. I'm trying to get more photos done on fewer pages these days. Good luck with your ear - hope you feel better!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Laura wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:23 pm
Good morning, Cherries!

I snortled at "sit in there naked" heehee! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3103

Post by blbabe1234 »

The thing I wanted to get done today had 4 parts to it and I finished at 2 today. Along with everything I worked on last week, I decided to do an upgrade NOW instead of waiting. Especially since no one was logged in. I love Holidays! LOL. So I got that all uploaded, prompted the Email Tickler System and ran to my room. LOL.

Started this two pager yesterday and got the finishing touches done. I LOVE how it came out!

Now off to clean up my mess and start on the new BF sketch.
Brandy Williams

ImageImage Image Image Image
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1560

Post by emmapaige »

Good afternoon!  DH had a bad night so of course I had a bad night.  He fell about 2:00 but we got him back into bed pretty easily.  Unfortunately I never was able to fall back asleep so I'm hoping I sleep like a rock tonight.

Laundry day here today, too.  Our cleaning ladies come tomorrow so between laundry I did straightening up.  I also loaded this layout that I did yesterday.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 »

trainmom wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:24 pm
Good morning. We're still helping my in-laws with their move. My mother-in-law won't rest until everything is unpacked and set up, and she is over 80 and going to hurt herself. So, we went there yesterday and are going again today. My husband is taking turns with his siblings. I haven't scrapped since this whole thing started which is fine. I want to try some water color techniques, just to make a card. I told my mother-in-law that I would like 1 or 2 sheets of watercolor paper to play with, she's an artist, and I think she is more than happy to give them to me, but I don't have them yet. Also, all my watercolors (that I rarely use) are at the other house where I probably won't be for 2 weeks.

I'm glad you're able to help your in-laws. Your MIL is worrying me LOL! Have fun with the watercolors!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”