Scrap a Day, January 21st

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 800

Scrap a Day, January 21st

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Getting ready to mask up and go get my haircut and my roots colored. Yay! My roots need it so badly! I did good on my memory planner yesterday and when I get home I want to work on it some more. We are finally at a decent temp of 36. Much better than the 19 it was when I let the doggies out early this morning. Don’t know if I’ll scrap today. I’ll see how far I get in my planner.

Hope you all have a great day!

Image Image  Image  Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1281

Re: Scrap a Day, January 21st

Post by CarrieG »

pawprints wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:44 pm
Hey Cherries. Getting ready to mask up and go get my haircut and my roots colored. Yay! My roots need it so badly! I did good on my memory planner yesterday and when I get home I want to work on it some more. We are finally at a decent temp of 36. Much better than the 19 it was when I let the doggies out early this morning. Don’t know if I’ll scrap today. I’ll see how far I get in my planner.

enjoy getting your hair done!  i need it badly....i havent been to the salon in about 6 mths  the gal who does my hair is not doing appts right now...her DH has compromised health as does her mother who is in a nursing home...UGH  i appreciate her safeness etc but man i look like a shaggy skunk...LOL
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG »

good morning all
im stuggling with my mood today...DH woke up grumpy and was a butthead ...was so glad when he left for work...he set the tone...grrrrrrrrrrrr  i need to shake it off

i didnt scrap last night like planned...but i did pull papers for the layout i want to do...and trimmed photos....so hopefully this afternoon i can work on it!  and i do know i will have a lil bit of time tonight while dd is at play practice!

nothing thrilling here today.....

have a great day!
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 277

Post by Flasher »

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:57 pm
good morning all
im stuggling with my mood today...DH woke up grumpy and was a butthead ...was so glad when he left for work...he set the tone...grrrrrrrrrrrr  i need to shake it off

i didnt scrap last night like planned...but i did pull papers for the layout i want to do...and trimmed photos....so hopefully this afternoon i can work on it!  and i do know i will have a lil bit of time tonight while dd is at play practice!

have a great day!

OMG!  Mike did the same thing this morning!  I was up by 5:00 just enjoying the quiet, watching The Andy Griffith Show.  I heard his alarm go off at 7:00 and Good Gravy Marie . . . what a mess!  He griped about E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!  The only difference is that Mike doesn't leave.  He's here ALL day.  Despite his crabbiness I made him a meatball sub for lunch.  Maybe that will help!

Enjoy your new do, Barb.  Neither my dd nor myself has been to get our hair cut since November 2019.  We both have pony tails and braids again!
Be the reason someone smiles today . . . or the reason they drink.  Whatever works.

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG »

Laura wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:17 pm
CarrieG wrote:
good morning all

have a great day!

OMG!  Mike did the same thing this morning!  I was up by 5:00 just enjoying the quiet, watching The Andy Griffith Show.  I heard his alarm go off at 7:00 and Good Gravy Marie . . . what a mess!  He griped about E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!  The only difference is that Mike doesn't leave.  He's here ALL day.  Despite his crabbiness I made him a meatball sub for lunch.  Maybe that will help!

Enjoy your new do, Barb.  Neither my dd nor myself has been to get our hair cut since November 2019.  We both have pony tails and braids again! 

boo hiss...bad mojo in the air apparently!  i feel for you!  i hope the sammie helps!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3103

Post by blbabe1234 »

Laura wrote:
CarrieG wrote:
good morning all

have a great day!

You're too sweet! I would have let him starve! Bahahaha!

I'm thankful that DH leaves every morning on days like that, which isn't often. Knock on wood. But when he is crabby its because he's tired of the 10-12 hour days and late meetings with the Japanese client. 
Brandy Williams

ImageImage Image Image Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3103

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hola cherries. Still drizzly, cool, and very gloomy. Been like that for a few days and will be like that for next few. Boo! Missing the sun and know the pups are missing it too. 

Probably no scrappin' here, just work work work. LOL. Making some great progress this week on some new forms/reports. Excited to get them completed so I can move on to something else. LOL.

Almost had to figure out making up some hours today as I almost had Draven for the day. He had some sniffles and if he is fever-free and nothing else, he can go to Day Care. He suffers from allergies, just like his favorite Auntie, so my brother asked me yesterday if I could...if needed. I said sure. But this morning he had no fever. So that's good. I would have had to keep him inside anyways. When he is here, he LOVES to be outside. Regardless of the weather. LOL.

On a side note, my brother and SIL finally picked a name for Baby Boy #3. Wesley Hudson Byrd.  :greeninlove: :greeninlove:  I told my brother I totally love it! 
Brandy Williams

ImageImage Image Image Image
traveler
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 360

Post by traveler »

Enjoy getting your hair done Barb. My roots are also awful, I canceled my December appointment because the cases around here were too high. I have another appointment next week, hopefully I can go, and then I won't look like a freak anymore. 

I haven' scrapped in a week or so, not sure why, I just haven't.

Zach leaves for college on Saturday so he's busy with laundry and packing. I offered to help with laundry but he seems to want to do it himself. He's very independent, which is great, but he could really use the help this week and I would be happy to. He'll be gone until the end of May, which is very long time. This time my only husband is driving him instead of both of us, so they can fold down the back seat and put the bike in rather than put it on a bike rack in the winter and have road salt get all over it. (He going to school in Rochester NY which we learned is snowiest city in the 48 states).

The Internet at the high school was down most of today, so Benjamin's remote school was pretty silly. Luckily he's self motivated, the consistency of his education this year leaves a bit to be desired. 
Louise
Wide World of Scraps
Image Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1562

Post by emmapaige »

Good afternoonl. Had to go to the UPS store to do a return to Amazon then we stopped at Chick-fil-A and now my tummy hurts.

I'm in my scraproom watching The Undoing.  I had heard good things about it so I decided to subscribe to HBO Max and I'm really enjoying it so far.  There are lots of other things I want to watch too.  

I'll continue to work on the layout I started yesterday and hopefully I can finish today.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:49 pm
Hola cherries. Still drizzly, cool, and very gloomy. Been like that for a few days and will be like that for next few. Boo! Missing the sun and know the pups are missing it too. 

Probably no scrappin' here, just work work work. LOL. Making some great progress this week on some new forms/reports. Excited to get them completed so I can move on to something else. LOL.

Almost had to figure out making up some hours today as I almost had Draven for the day. He had some sniffles and if he is fever-free and nothing else, he can go to Day Care. He suffers from allergies, just like his favorite Auntie, so my brother asked me yesterday if I could...if needed. I said sure. But this morning he had no fever. So that's good. I would have had to keep him inside anyways. When he is here, he LOVES to be outside. Regardless of the weather. LOL.

On a side note, my brother and SIL finally picked a name for Baby Boy #3. Wesley Hudson Byrd.  :greeninlove: :greeninlove:  I told my brother I totally love it! 

wonderful name!!!!  DD and her DH are now waffling on their initial pick and have added another name we dont care for into the mix...sighhhhhhhhhh  LOL
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG »

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:29 pm
Good afternoonl. Had to go to the UPS store to do a return to Amazon then we stopped at Chick-fil-A and now my tummy hurts.

I'm in my scraproom watching The Undoing.  I had heard good things about it so I decided to subscribe to HBO Max and I'm really enjoying it so far.  There are lots of other things I want to watch too.  

I'll continue to work on the layout I started yesterday and hopefully I can finish today.

Costco and Sams Club both have a frozen chicken nugget thing that is SUPER close to the ones at chick-fil-a    so since we dont have CKFILA near us we buy those when friends go to either...LOL  so easy to put in the air fryer!  sorry your tummy hurts!
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG »

trainmom wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:24 pm
Enjoy getting your hair done Barb. My roots are also awful, I canceled my December appointment because the cases around here were too high. I have another appointment next week, hopefully I can go, and then I won't look like a freak anymore. 

Zach leaves for college on Saturday so he's busy with laundry and packing. I offered to help with laundry but he seems to want to do it himself. He's very independent, which is great, but he could really use the help this week and I would be happy to. He'll be gone until the end of May, which is very long time. This time my only husband is driving him instead of both of us, so they can fold down the back seat and put the bike in rather than put it on a bike rack in the winter and have road salt get all over it. (He going to school in Rochester NY which we learned is snowiest city in the 48 states).

The Internet at the high school was down most of today, so Benjamin's remote school was pretty silly. Luckily he's self motivated, the consistency of his education this year leaves a bit to be desired. 

independence is bitter sweet :(  we want them to have it and then hate it sometimes when they do.....HUGS
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:52 pm
pawprints wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:44 pm

enjoy getting your hair done!  i need it badly....i havent been to the salon in about 6 mths  the gal who does my hair is not doing appts right now...her DH has compromised health as does her mother who is in a nursing home...UGH  i appreciate her safeness etc but man i look like a shaggy skunk...LOL  
I feel for you. During the lockdown when everything was closed my hair got so long and thick and I kept cutting it in the front to stay out of my face. And I won't even talk about my roots! I was so happy when my salon reopened. They are very safe there and they take everyone's temp when entering, sanitize all at the chairs, and we all wear masks. So I am very comfortable going. I missed my hairdresser so much! My color was all over the place as I had finally done something with my roots and got my color and highlights all messed up. She fixed all of that and I ended up getting a bob cut a few months ago and I LOVE it!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Laura wrote:
CarrieG wrote:
good morning all

have a great day!

Omgoodness I feel for you and your dd! I went 5 months without going during the lockdown and boy did I miss it! Can you say hair clip every day! Lol.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:49 pm

That's so sweet Brandy love the name!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

trainmom wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:24 pm

Thanks. It felt really good getting it done! I hope you get to go next week. And ((hugs)) on your son going back to college for such a long stretch. I remember when my son went to college in Maryland. It was so hard that first year. Oh and my DH went to college in Rochester a very, very, very long time ago. Lots of snow and VERY COLD!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:29 pm

I hope your tummy feels better Chris. I know how much worry and anxiety can cause havoc with our GI systems. Ugh.

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1795

Post by Art_Teacher »

Hi, all!  Nothing much new here, but I am ready for the weekend to get here soon!  Why is it that the short weeks seem longer than the normal ones?  lol

I have been trying to use my free time that I have since I have no school musical to scrap and organize.  I did get a layout done yesterday evening, but just got it posted for today. It is for the Sketch with a Twist challenge.

Hope everyone is having a good week...we are in the winter doldrums here, but today the sun was shining!  It's amazing what a difference it makes.

Laura
 Image    Image   Image  Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:02 pm
Hi, all!  Nothing much new here, but I am ready for the weekend to get here soon!  Why is it that the short weeks seem longer than the normal ones?  lol

I have been trying to use my free time that I have since I have no school musical to scrap and organize.  I did get a layout done yesterday evening, but just got it posted for today. It is for the Sketch with a Twist challenge.

Hope everyone is having a good week...we are in the winter doldrums here, but today the sun was shining!  It's amazing what a difference it makes.

Wow I just love how you matched the colors to what they are wearing in the pics!

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1795

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:04 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:02 pm

Wow I just love how you matched the colors to what they are wearing in the pics! 

Haha!  I didn't know there was any other way to do it...that is always what I try to do. Must be an art teacher thing! lol
Laura
 Image    Image   Image  Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”