trimmer recomendations

Moderator: ACOT Employee

traveler
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 361

trimmer recomendations

Post by traveler »

As I've mentioned, we are kind of living in 2 houses now and I'm trying to set up a scrap room in the second house without duplicating things that will eventually move. I scrap with 2 trimmers - a small 6 inch guillotine type and a 12inch sliding one. I already had 2 of the 6 inch types, but I want to get a 12 inch for the new house. The 12 inch I have here still works but is kind of broken, so best to get a new one for the other house now. 

I have a fiskars 12 inch with a "swing arm" (swings sideways, not up and down)  that I don't love, and the swing arm broke off years ago. 

So, my question is - what 12 inch trimmer (not guillotine type) do you use and like? Please link it to the store here, if possible, because there are so many and they all look similar.
Louise
Wide World of Scraps
Image Image Image

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1335

Re: trimmer recomendations

Post by lissahope26 »

I have a fiskars with a swing arm and wire guide. I love the wire guide.
Wire guide fiskars
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1573

Post by emmapaige »

lissahope26 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:20 am
I have a fiskars with a swing arm and wire guide. I love the wire guide.
Wire guide fiskars

That’s the one I have too and it works great for me.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1281

Post by CarrieG »

same as the above replies...i have had mine for about 10 yrs at least and have never had problems!
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 356

Post by sdwhru »

I have the 12” creative memories (sorry you can’t buy it here) and I really like it - I like the fact you can switch out blades too and you can choose what part of the paper you want to cut (if you don’t want to cut the whole page).
JAire
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 457

Post by JAire »

I love the one Melissa mentioned. In addition to the wire being a great tool for knowing exactly where the cut will go, I often use it to "gut" large pieces when layering because you can make a cut anywhere, unlike the guillotine style. Also, I can't do without the 9" Fiskars guillotine, either.
ImageJoyce Ann
ImageImageImageImage
wimom
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 430

Post by wimom »

Another vote for the Fiskars wire guide cutter
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 313

Post by DN in MN »

I love Fiskars and they have a lifetime warranty.. You may be able to get your broken one fixed ;)  Just sayin'

I have one with the wire guide and one that the blade is tight with the edge.  I also love my Tonic 12x12 guillotine trimmer.
Image      Image

2021 ~ 26/75 Layouts       3/12 Cards

karen c.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 731

Post by karen c. »

Fiskars wire trim is my go to!
ImageImage          ImageImage
StacyLee
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 648

Post by StacyLee »

I did the same thing a few years ago and got some great recommendations from fellow cherries  I just checked the ACOT store but don’t see the Fiskars rotary trimmer I use, though I know they carried it at one time. It’s the LED SureCut folding trimmer. There’s no swing-arm, it can fold in half but I keep it unfolded on my countertop permanently. It’s not for everyone, I’d only recommend it if you have a spot to keep it out all the time.  In fact I think one of the ACOT designers included it in a list of tools she wasted money on LOL. What I like about it is the sturdy base, no swing-arm and smooth cuts. I keep a swing-arm portable trimmer in my crop bag and this one stays on my counter in my craft room. 
Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

Image   ImageImage

traveler
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 361

Post by traveler »

thanks everyone. I got the Fiskars wire one that so many of you recommend. I also have 2 of the old creative memories 6inch guillotine one, so I have one in each house. 
Louise
Wide World of Scraps
Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”