Albums

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Mommytron (Sandy)
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 11

Albums

Post by Mommytron (Sandy) »

I am finding fewer and fewer post-bound albums for sale. I don’t know if I will like the D-ring ones for my traditional paper scrapbooking. Any feedback? TIA
Sandy
lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1459

Re: Albums

Post by lissahope26 »

I switched all my postbounds over to ring ones. Even when I added post extenders, I couldn’t fit that much into post bound.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1936

Post by Art_Teacher »

I hate that the D-Ring albums are a good 2 inches longer than postbound. They don't fit on my shelves!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1077

Post by scrappinmom99 »

lissahope26 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:55 pm
I switched all my postbounds over to ring ones. Even when I added post extenders, I couldn’t fit that much into post bound.

We have never figured out how the post extenders work! I try to buy all D-ring ones now. Eventually I'd like to switch most of my albums from post bound to D-Ring. Some are okay in the smaller capacity - travel or special themes. I've also started some 8x11 albums (recipes, the pandemic, pictures with Santa, probably start the 9/11 one in that size soon too). I like the D-Ring ones because I can move the pages around easier, since I don't scrap in chronological order, but try to keep chronological albums. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1077

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:59 am
I hate that the D-Ring albums are a good 2 inches longer than postbound. They don't fit on my shelves!

Yep. I have a regular bookcase that holds my albums and the D-rings do hang over the edge.  But we are in the process ("quarantine" project that has taken on a life of its own LOL!) of decluttering, painting, and redecorating the apartment. (I can see why empty nesters start redecorating. Even though we have only 1/2 an empty nest lol). I am planning to get a big Kallax shelf system from Ikea for the dining room, specifically to hold the D-ring albums. Kallax is my go-to now LOL. Then I'll take that regular size bookcase for my office area. That's the plan anyway...
Last edited by scrappinmom99 on Wed May 12, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 868

Post by aheatfan »

I switched almost everything from post bound to D-ring and never looked back. Post bounds were always shifting and breaking I have a Kallax unit from Ikea in my scrap room and they fit perfectly  😊  It also makes it much easier to add more and switch pages around. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1459

Post by lissahope26 »

I would like to add that not all D ring albums are created equal.  I've purchased big box store brands, only to have them come unglued.  My favorite is We R Memory Keepers.  I hope they continue to make their albums because they hold up over time.  I've also purchased lots of Project Life ones when they went on sale but I don't think they are made anymore. 
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1742

Post by emmapaige »

Another vote for We R Memories albums. They truly do hold up over time and you can gets tons of layouts in them.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImage Image

traveler
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 440

Post by traveler »

I also prefer D-ring. I used to overstuff post bound and they would come apart. Also, it was so hard to switch the order of the layouts which I frequently do. I agree they are bigger, I have some shelves in closets where they fit, and I think I'm going to get some more built in the new house before we completely move in. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1252

Post by beachlover »

I have always used Creative Memories for all my albums, they are postbound - but more expensive.  And for the 30 years I have been scrapping, they are still coming out with new colors, themes, etc.  All 12x12, which I use.  On special ocassions they come out with 8x8's which make great gifts and for Dec Dailies.
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 361

Post by DN in MN »

I used to use Creative Memories.  Now I use the Recollections (Michaels) postbound that hold 50% more pages in black.  I cannot find the exact name right now.  They are reasonably priced when there is a sale and I purchased extended posts from Amazon so there are not little extensions which makes the book hold and I overstuff mine.  I also put cardboard fillers in the back to even out my lump and bump pages.   I don't have issues swapping out pages as I scrap chronologically and only put them in the album once I review the timeline.  
Image      ImageImage

2021 ~ 35/75 Layouts       46/12 Cards

Natalie Dill
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 433

Post by Natalie Dill »

I'm team D-ring all day long, but I am frustrated because I feel like I find postbound albums everywhere and never see D-rings in the wild.

I agree that they are larger and harder to fit on shelves, but I think storing them by laying them flat are better on the page protectors anyway. They can fit SOOO many more layouts and are so much easier to rearrange if you scrap out of order.

I do not think you'll regret switching to D ring! I'm in the process of switching all my older post bounds right now.
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty
MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1308

Post by MTCanuk »

I have used the We R Memory keeper albums for years. They stand up through the years, even with the grandkids looking through them.
I did check out 3 ring albums at Hobby Lobby and they seemed bigger than the We R Memory Keeper ones and inferior quality, so I returned it.
I like the binder type because it is really easy to move layouts around if you don’t scrap in chronological order.
I also have a Ikea Kallax unit which houses them perfectly. Need to get another one now.

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1362

Post by CarrieG »

since i scrap 8.5x11 i am able to buy 3 inch ring binders easily to put layouts in.....i dont even mess with the d ring part....
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 310

Post by Flasher »

CarrieG wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:31 am
since i scrap 8.5x11 i am able to buy 3 inch ring binders easily to put layouts in.....i dont even mess with the d ring part....

Same here!  They are so easy to store!
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1362

Post by CarrieG »

Laura wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:34 am
CarrieG wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:31 am

Same here!  They are so easy to store! 

i pick em up at the thriftstore for 50 cents a lot also!
shoorn
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 2042

Post by shoorn »

I switched to D rings too some time ago - easier for when I am scrapping out of order. I scrap 12x12. WRMK albums are of good quality but I do buy the Hobby Lobby ones when I can't get the WRMKs. I use post bound mostly for the gift albums for DS, grandkids and great-grands. I always have to add post extensions to them and mutter every time I do it. Have to have hubby help me. I have gotten them at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 357

Post by sdwhru »

I hate postbound, so the ones I have I switched to the snapload system.  I do use lots of D rings, also, too tho
Mommytron (Sandy)
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 11

Post by Mommytron (Sandy) »

I wonder why they make the 12 X 12 D-ring binders so long.  Thank you everyone for your input advice and experiences!  I might have a perfect place for an IKEA bookshelf...    
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1936

Post by Art_Teacher »

sdwhru wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:15 pm
I hate postbound, so the ones I have I switched to the snapload system.  I do use lots of D rings, also, too tho
Ooh...good tip! :)

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”