Scrap a Day, September 13th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 838

Scrap a Day, September 13th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Another day in the 80’s and on the humid side again. We are expecting our a/c company today to take a look at our main system as it seems to be having trouble keeping up on very hot days. Thinking we are low in coolant as it does work just not as well as it should. Thinking there is a slow leak. Ugh. It’s a new system put in only 2 years ago. We’ll see what’s going on with it when they get here.

I have some errands to run today and I’m waiting for my label maker tapes to come in. I have 80 tote drawers to label in the Dream Box and then it will be done. I already have written down what all the labels need to say. It’s been a project. But a fun one.

Hope you all have a great day.

Image Image  Image  Image
suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 783

Re: Scrap a Day, September 13th

Post by suewho372 »

Good morning!!!
Good luck Barb! How frustrating that the system is only 2 years old and now having to have them come and look at it!
I hope it’s minor and that it’s covered!
I’m taking a min and popping in. I’m at work- it’s Monday - blah 😑 lol
I did get to play a bit yesterday. Used some new distressed embossing glaze !!! It’s awesome!!!! I will post a pic of the leaves I made later tonight if I remember!
I hope that everyone has a great day!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 303

Post by Flasher »

Hello, Cherries!

I went into the basement and pulled out all my Halloween decorating goodies.  I'll be transforming my house today -- starting with my Halloween tree!  As I was dusting this morning, my son pointed out the irony that I'm removing dust and cobwebs to replace them with equally appropriate things.  😉
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

traveler
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 435

Post by traveler »

Good morning. I guess we have the same weather as you Barb, but I haven't been outside. 

My husband is working at home today, which is throwing me off. Just when I got back to being able to make noise during the day. He's flying off to somewhere tonight which isn't the best, but I know he's super careful on the plane and will just eat in his hotel room. I made plans to fly out to California next week. It turns out my sister needs to have 2 surgeries, one for the breast cancer and one for something else, and they can't do both in the same day, so it looks like I will go out there twice. Once this month and once next month. Since COVID, I try to fly in business class with the private pods, and I was able to get them for really cheap on this trip which was a relief. 

I think I'm going to get a flu shot today. Between that and Shingles, and COVID, I feel like its a lot of shots for an adult, but they're all important, so that's I do. 
I need to finish the scrapbook page I started last week, so I will probably do that today as well.

Have a great day Cherries!
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

traveler
Cherry Bomb

Post by traveler »

Laura wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:47 am
Hello, Cherries!

I went into the basement and pulled out all my Halloween decorating goodies.  I'll be transforming my house today -- starting with my Halloween tree!  As I was dusting this morning, my son pointed out the irony that I'm removing dust and cobwebs to replace them with equally appropriate things.  😉

that is pretty funny, think of all the time you could save by using the natural cobwebs. Seems early for Halloween but we're not big Halloween people, I'm sure your decorations are amazing.
Louise

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 303

Post by Flasher »

trainmom wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:56 am
Laura wrote:
Hello, Cherries!

that is pretty funny, think of all the time you could save by using the natural cobwebs. Seems early for Halloween but we're not big Halloween people, I'm sure your decorations are amazing. 

I agree it's a little early.  I'm just bored/restless -- when I'm left to find something to concentrate on, you never know what's going to happen!

When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1070

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Today is the first day of school - actually real-life in-person back to school! DD's last day in the building was halfway through freshman year and now she is a junior. I hope she'll be okay - she was real nervous this morning. I got a lot more hugs than usual lol. Meanwhile I thought I'd have a nice quiet day to get into a new work routine since it's been a year and a half with various aspects of the family home at any given time lol and that I didn't have the current gigs that I now have back then. However, I don't know what is going on in my neighborhood but there are traffic cones up and so much honking outside my window. I have already taken the hearing aids out - this is what you call Deaf Gain ROFL!!!! Anyway, I do hope to get some scrapping and cleaning up of the scrap area done during my breaks. It's just a weird day to get used to now!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 »

pawprints wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:17 am
Hey Cherries. Another day in the 80’s and on the humid side again. We are expecting our a/c company today to take a look at our main system as it seems to be having trouble keeping up on very hot days. Thinking we are low in coolant as it does work just not as well as it should. Thinking there is a slow leak. Ugh. It’s a new system put in only 2 years ago. We’ll see what’s going on with it when they get here.

I have some errands to run today and I’m waiting for my label maker tapes to come in. I have 80 tote drawers to label in the Dream Box and then it will be done. I already have written down what all the labels need to say. It’s been a project. But a fun one.

Hope you all have a great day
Good luck with your a/c - that's frustrating that it's so new too.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Laura wrote:
Hello, Cherries!

Ooh, can't wait to see your Halloween tree :) LOL about your son's observation!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
traveler
Cherry Bomb

Post by traveler »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:21 am
Today is the first day of school - actually real-life in-person back to school! DD's last day in the building was halfway through freshman year and now she is a junior. I hope she'll be okay - she was real nervous this morning. I got a lot more hugs than usual lol. Meanwhile I thought I'd have a nice quiet day to get into a new work routine since it's been a year and a half with various aspects of the family home at any given time lol and that I didn't have the current gigs that I now have back then. However, I don't know what is going on in my neighborhood but there are traffic cones up and so much honking outside my window. I have already taken the hearing aids out - this is what you call Deaf Gain ROFL!!!! Anyway, I do hope to get some scrapping and cleaning up of the scrap area done during my breaks. It's just a weird day to get used to now!
Nice about the hugs at least. I'm sure she'll get back into the routine soon. 

Louise

traveler
Cherry Bomb

Post by traveler »

and here's the page I finished today...

it's hard to see in the photos, but in the upper photo, the boys are wearing masks, and in the lower photo, they are standing in the same place, but without the masks. This kind of marked a turning point in the Spring season where most of them were vaccinated and the league lifted mask requirements when playing outdoors. 
Last edited by traveler on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Louise

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3226

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:55 am
Good morning. I guess we have the same weather as you Barb, but I haven't been outside. 

My husband is working at home today, which is throwing me off. Just when I got back to being able to make noise during the day. He's flying off to somewhere tonight which isn't the best, but I know he's super careful on the plane and will just eat in his hotel room. I made plans to fly out to California next week. It turns out my sister needs to have 2 surgeries, one for the breast cancer and one for something else, and they can't do both in the same day, so it looks like I will go out there twice. Once this month and once next month. Since COVID, I try to fly in business class with the private pods, and I was able to get them for really cheap on this trip which was a relief. 

I think I'm going to get a flu shot today. Between that and Shingles, and COVID, I feel like its a lot of shots for an adult, but they're all important, so that's I do. 
I need to finish the scrapbook page I started last week, so I will probably do that today as well.

Sorry your sister has to have two surgeries. Hope they both go well for her.

Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 »

trainmom wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:55 am

It's funny how easy it is this year for our schedules / routines to get thrown off with who is working or going to school at home! Safe travels to him and to you when you go. Good luck to your sister too. 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:21 am

I saw the pics on Facebook. Hope Aisling has a GREAT first day back and an awesome years. Hugs momma!

Sorry your day isn't going well with the honking. I see pulling out the Hearing Aids as a WIN! ROFLMAO!!!
Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:35 am
and here's the page I finished today...

it's hard to see in the photos, but in the upper photo, the boys are wearing masks, and in the lower photo, they are standing in the same post, but without the masks. This kind of marked a turning point int he Spring season where most of them were vaccinated and the league lifted mask requirements when playing outdoors. 

I love that its the same photo, but with and w/o masks!
Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hey there cherries! Can't believe the morning is almost over with! Lots of stuff going on here!

By 7:15 PM Saturday, my BFF texted me to say she was finally out of the ICU and put into a room. That means she can have visitors! One a time, and you must wear a N-95 mask. I went out yesterday. Got there at 11 am and the guard let me in. She is looking pretty good. She was extremely happy to see me. We had a total gab fest. Caught her up on a month worth of stuff. Unfortunately, due to being bed ridden for a month, she has lost TONS of muscle tone so she cannot walk at all. She can barely stand, even with a walker. So they've started her on PT and are working on moving her to a rehab facility.

After visiting with her for an hour and a half, I went across the street to Earthwise Pets to get more CBD oil for Penny and some treats for them. Then got home and made it before the rain started. While I was gone, DH secured any projectiles. 

This morning, we started our day very wet. We are getting rain from TS Nicholas. Crazy how this storm is working. He is hugging the coastline of Texas and we are on the "clean" side today and "dirty" side of the storm later this evening. Each region of the coastline is taking turns being in TS watches/warnings, cone, etc.  I guess he wanted all Texas Coastal cities/towns to receive Participation Trophies! 😂 😂 😂 Today we get the rain. Tonight we get the wind. And tomorrow he will be out of here and north of us. Adios Amigo!  👋

DH had a follow up appt with his orthopedic surgeon this morning. I heard that was a fun drive. But luckily he's in a truck, and he made it there and back safe and sound. He has another follow up in two months. I'll get the deets later today.

Back to work for me. Take care y'all!
Brandy Williams

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 783

Post by suewho372 »

Laura wrote:
Hello, Cherries!

Oh you are cracking me up!!!! Good one !
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 356

Post by DN in MN »

Laura wrote:
Hello, Cherries!

lol, that is funny!
Image      Image

2021 ~ 35/75 Layouts       46/12 Cards

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1724

Post by emmapaige »

Good afternoon everyone!! I haven't left the house today and may not all week.  I was so loving the fall like weather we had been having and now it's yucky and humid again.  I had put out one autumn decoration yesterday but now I've lost interest in decorating.  We really don't do Halloween because we never have trick or treaters.

One good note is that my beloved Philadelphia Eagles won their first game yesterday with a new coach and fairly new QB.

I did get this layout completed for the title challenge which was perfect for my subject.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1286

Post by MTCanuk »

You’re all a chatty bunch today. Staying busy today. It was pretty overcast to start the day, but has cleared nicely. High 60’s for today.
Got my bathrooms cleaned and the lawn watered.
Now making cards. I have some Sept. / early Oct birthdays and Canadian Thanksgiving is the beginning of Oct. Love working with the fall colours.

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”