Scrap a Day, September 19th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 838

Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Our humidity has left and it feels like September again. Sunny and 73. Gorgeous. I was up until after 2 labeling last night. I ran out of tape for the Dream Box drawers and had to order more. Then I moved on to labeling the Sterlite stackables until I ran out of gas. Lol. I never realized DH’s label maker is so cool. There are so many different colors of tape that you can get. Now I want to label all the things. Lol.

Have a great Sunday Cherries.

Image Image  Image  Image
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 833

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th

Post by aheatfan »

Happy Labeling Barb. It is 89 degrees here and still muggy. Scrapping a bit this morning but need to mop the floors and fold the laundry. Read something very interesting today. Saw that many people are experiencing leg pain due to daily use of Splenda. Once they stopped, it got better. I use Splenda every morning in my coffee...that stops today. Hoping to see a difference in a few days.

Have a great relaxing Sunday Cherries  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1273

Post by MTCanuk »

Happy Sunday, ladies! Hope your are enjoying your day.  

Barb, Bet you are happy you are just down to labeling.  Good job!  

Kristen, interesting about the Splenda.  Hope that is the culprit and your leg pains go away.  

Still fighting my migraine.  Wish the big storm front would just hurry up and get by us.  
I actually slept in until 7:30 this morning.  DH made us breakfast.  Yesterday I got a few things done in our new trailer.  Fighting with the mattress to get a mattress cover on was quite the job!

Will see if I feel like scrapping.  Just got showered and need to get dressed. Just had a long conversation with my sister.  

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:45 pm
Happy Labeling Barb. It is 89 degrees here and still muggy. Scrapping a bit this morning but need to mop the floors and fold the laundry. Read something very interesting today. Saw that many people are experiencing leg pain due to daily use of Splenda. Once they stopped, it got better. I use Splenda every morning in my coffee...that stops today. Hoping to see a difference in a few days.

Oh wow Kristin. I hope your leg pain goes away!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:59 pm

Kristen, interesting about the Splenda.  Hope that is the culprit and your leg pains go away.  

Still fighting my migraine.  Wish the big storm front would just hurry up and get by us.  
I actually slept in until 7:30 this morning.  DH made us breakfast.  Yesterday I got a few things done in our new trailer.  Fighting with the mattress to get a mattress cover on was quite the job!

Will see if I feel like scrapping.  Just got showered and need to get dressed. Just had a long conversation with my sister.  

Thanks. Yes I am happy that it is finally almost done!

Feel better!

aheatfan
Cherry Bing

Post by aheatfan »

MTCanuk wrote:

Hope your migraine feels better, it is hard to do anything when your head hurts. 
🌴Kristin  
ImageImage

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 302

Post by Flasher »

Happy Sunday, Cherries!  I hope the Cherries with aches and pains feel better as we close out the day.  (I've never heard that about Splenda -- guess I'm a lucky one -- I've used it daily for 10 years and haven't had anything like that!)

When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1921

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:21 pm
Hey Cherries. Our humidity has left and it feels like September again. Sunny and 73. Gorgeous. I was up until after 2 labeling last night. I ran out of tape for the Dream Box drawers and had to order more. Then I moved on to labeling the Sterlite stackables until I ran out of gas. Lol. I never realized DH’s label maker is so cool. There are so many different colors of tape that you can get. Now I want to label all the things. Lol.

I know this feeling! lol I bought a label maker when I got new cabinets at school, because I could get clear label tapes and I didn't want the drawers to look tacky. ;)  Anyway, it took me 2 years to get the labels made!  I am blaming Covid. Haha!  I love it...so easy!  Of course, my students don't read the labels and still ask where things are. smh  But, I love it!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

aheatfan wrote:

This is interesting! I used Splenda for awhile, but then switched to Stevia when I read that Splenda is still processed, while Stevia is all-natural.  I hope it helps!  BTW, sending you a little roll-on off essential oils tomorrow...my gift to you! :)
Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

Today was a beautiful day, but it did not motivate me to get anything done. lol  I did pick more tomatoes and peppers and I made a tomato bacon jam...omg, this stuff is the bomb!  Spicy, yet sweet, and was a great way to use a bunch of my tomatoes. Tomorrow night's dinner is grilled cheese with tomato bacon jam.  I think it will be awesome!

DH and I went out on our boat for probably the last time this year. The water is getting a bit chilly, although the temps today hit the high 80's.  Supposed to rain a bunch this week and hit the high 60's, so a big change is coming. I love Fall!
Laura
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3223

Post by blbabe1234 »

aheatfan wrote:

Oh wow. That is very interesting. Hope your leg pain goes away after dropping Splenda.
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:

I am so sorry you are still experiencing that migraine. Hope you finally got rid of it
Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:30 pm
Today was a beautiful day, but it did not motivate me to get anything done. lol  I did pick more tomatoes and peppers and I made a tomato bacon jam...omg, this stuff is the bomb!  Spicy, yet sweet, and was a great way to use a bunch of my tomatoes. Tomorrow night's dinner is grilled cheese with tomato bacon jam.  I think it will be awesome!

DH and I went out on our boat for probably the last time this year. The water is getting a bit chilly, although the temps today hit the high 80's.  Supposed to rain a bunch this week and hit the high 60's, so a big change is coming. I love Fall!

That tomato bacon jam sounds YUMMY!
Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hello cherries! Didn't realize I never made it here all weekend. Whew, another busy one. Yesterday, we went out to my biological father's brother's Ranch for a Skeet Shoot. It was a fundraiser scholarship in honor of their Mother (my grandmother) who passed away in Jan 2019. 6 months before my mother. All of his brothers were there, and an aunt, and a cousin. It was nice to see them again. Haven't seen some of them in a year plus. I even met a cousin for the first time. I think there's 3 more cousins I need to meet. It was sooooo HOT yesterday. Thank goodness for a tent and plenty of water, but still. Ugh. I think it was like 95, 96 out there, with a heat index of at least 105. They even had a silent auction and sold pulled pork sandwiches for $5. My biological father said they raised almost $5,000. We got home and were so exhausted. Ordered pizza for dinner, showered and we were in bed by 10. I took my migraine meds and doubled my Co Q10 and magnesium to prevent a migraine. I had a slight headache and I didn't want it to get worse. I usually get migraines when its that hot and I'm out in it. And all that prevention helped because I slept thru the night and was migraine free when I woke up.

This morning, after breakfast, I washed doggie beds/blankets from the scrap room and dusted, vacuumed, and cleaned up my scrap room. Got the girls coming Saturday for our last crop of 2021. It will be a small one because one girl has to be in San Antonio Sunday morning (her daughter has gymnastic competition); Amanda is in Kentucky for the next 3 years; Laura is still in the hospital recovering from COVID and I doubt Jennifer will here with her sister in the hospital. So it will just be me, Dorothy and Misty. But hey - we each get ONE 6 ft table! Woo-hoo! No sharing! 

I put together some page kits - just photos, sketch, and paper. No embellies, or washi or anything. I can pull those as I need them. I usually don't scrap very much with others, but I'm hoping I do okay this round with just two girls instead of 4, 5, 6, or even 7. 

Anywho, I'll ttyl. Tomorrow is Monday already. Ugh!
Brandy Williams

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:15 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:30 pm

That tomato bacon jam sounds YUMMY! 
It's sweet/savory and it is awesome!  Going to use it on burgers and on grilled cheese. :)

Laura
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:21 pm

I know this feeling! lol I bought a label maker when I got new cabinets at school, because I could get clear label tapes and I didn't want the drawers to look tacky. ;)  Anyway, it took me 2 years to get the labels made!  I am blaming Covid. Haha!  I love it...so easy!  Of course, my students don't read the labels and still ask where things are. smh  But, I love it! 

Yes I love that you can get clear tapes!! That's what got me so excited about it lol!

aheatfan
Cherry Bing

Post by aheatfan »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:28 pm
aheatfan wrote:

This is interesting! I used Splenda for awhile, but then switched to Stevia when I read that Splenda is still processed, while Stevia is all-natural.  I hope it helps!  BTW, sending you a little roll-on off essential oils tomorrow...my gift to you! :) 
That is so very sweet of you Laura, thank you so much :)

🌴Kristin  
ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”