Scrap a Day, September 21st

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 838

Scrap a Day, September 21st

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Another nice day here today. We actually were down to 54 degrees early this morning, but we hit 70 now and humidity is down. Going to see my mom today. I have not seen her in months. I’m bringing Panera for lunch. When I get home I have to work on a birthday card for a Maddie. That’s my plan for today.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image  Image  Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3223

Re: Scrap a Day, September 21st

Post by blbabe1234 »

Enjoy lunch with your mom Barb! Those temps sounds heavenly.

I woke up with a horrible headache yesterday and it seemed to do okay after meds/coffee/breakfast but by 10 am, ended up having to nurse it. Did everything. Napped, cold compresses, dark cool room. Drank plenty of water, 2 cups of peppermint tea, something spicy as that will clear out my sinuses. But nothing helped. DH called me at 5:30 saying his truck battery died. Ugh. Its old - past warranty - so I ran over there to pick him up, then take him to Auto Zone so he can get a new one. Drove back to the office, dropped him off and came home. He was home about 30 minutes later. He knew I wasn't going to cook and I needed something spicy/greasy as that tends to help me when my migraines are THAT bad. Went to Whataburger and got me the pico de gallo burger. It was good and along with a shower, helped slowly relieve the pressure around my very swollen sinuses. Went to bed early, took more migraine meds and managed to sleep thru the night and wake up migraine free.

I texted my BFF yesterday. PT kicked her butt and she was tired, but she says she feels good. I asked her about them transferring her to a rehab center, but they won't take her until she is less dependent on oxygen. Apparently they don't have unlimited oxygen at rehab centers like they do at Hospitals. She's usually in the upper 80s/lower 90s on her own, resting, but after PT it drops to upper 70s/lower 80s. Rehab centers need her to be in the 90s on her own MOST of the time. Hopefully those lungs of hers get better quick!

Another hot/humid day here. Yesterday we hit 95 and today we will hit 97. So that definitely didn't help my head at all yesterday. Ugh. But a front is dragging thru the panhandle and "should" be here over night. We will be in the lower 80s tomorrow and Thursday morning, should wake up to 55. I'm excited! LOL. Its been 5 months since we've seen those temps and low humidity too?! BRING IT ON

Got some good news on Jasmine! Her liver enzymes and all the other tests were normal this time around. So now we just keep doing what we are doing. Low fat diet and probiotics to help her digestion. 

Have a great day everyone.
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1348

Post by CarrieG »

how on this green earth is it only tuesday????  LOL
it was CHILLY outside this morning...crazy!

enjoy your visit with your mom Barb
Brandy...sorry about your migraine but sounds like  your BFF is slowly getting better!

i have a MOUSE in my scraproom...arrrrg so this afternoon i need to set a trap and do some moving things around.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrr  but i am also hoping to work on the BF challenge...i have a photo picked out...just need to decide on papers etc......

have a great day ladies
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1724

Post by emmapaige »

Yay - our new gas range was delivered and installed.  I can't wait to make eggs again tomorrow morning.  Dinner tonight is already planned in the Air Fryer.  The gas range has an air fryer but I need to learn how to use it first!  LOL!!

I finished the Becky Fleck Challenge:

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:02 am
Hey Cherries. Another nice day here today. We actually were down to 54 degrees early this morning, but we hit 70 now and humidity is down. Going to see my mom today. I have not seen her in months. I’m bringing Panera for lunch. When I get home I have to work on a birthday card for a Maddie. That’s my plan for today.

I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your mom.  As someone who lost their mom 5 1/2 years ago, I say enjoy every moment with her. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:25 am

I woke up with a horrible headache yesterday and it seemed to do okay after meds/coffee/breakfast but by 10 am, ended up having to nurse it. Did everything. Napped, cold compresses, dark cool room. Drank plenty of water, 2 cups of peppermint tea, something spicy as that will clear out my sinuses. But nothing helped. DH called me at 5:30 saying his truck battery died. Ugh. Its old - past warranty - so I ran over there to pick him up, then take him to Auto Zone so he can get a new one. Drove back to the office, dropped him off and came home. He was home about 30 minutes later. He knew I wasn't going to cook and I needed something spicy/greasy as that tends to help me when my migraines are THAT bad. Went to Whataburger and got me the pico de gallo burger. It was good and along with a shower, helped slowly relieve the pressure around my very swollen sinuses. Went to bed early, took more migraine meds and managed to sleep thru the night and wake up migraine free.

I texted my BFF yesterday. PT kicked her butt and she was tired, but she says she feels good. I asked her about them transferring her to a rehab center, but they won't take her until she is less dependent on oxygen. Apparently they don't have unlimited oxygen at rehab centers like they do at Hospitals. She's usually in the upper 80s/lower 90s on her own, resting, but after PT it drops to upper 70s/lower 80s. Rehab centers need her to be in the 90s on her own MOST of the time. Hopefully those lungs of hers get better quick!

Another hot/humid day here. Yesterday we hit 95 and today we will hit 97. So that definitely didn't help my head at all yesterday. Ugh. But a front is dragging thru the panhandle and "should" be here over night. We will be in the lower 80s tomorrow and Thursday morning, should wake up to 55. I'm excited! LOL. Its been 5 months since we've seen those temps and low humidity too?! BRING IT ON

Got some good news on Jasmine! Her liver enzymes and all the other tests were normal this time around. So now we just keep doing what we are doing. Low fat diet and probiotics to help her digestion. 

Great news about Jasmine!!!

** Chris **

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

CarrieG wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:47 pm

Brandy...sorry about your migraine but sounds like  your BFF is slowly getting better!

i have a MOUSE in my scraproom...arrrrg so this afternoon i need to set a trap and do some moving things around.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrr  but i am also hoping to work on the BF challenge...i have a photo picked out...just need to decide on papers etc......

have a great day ladies
Yikes about the mouse - why did it decide to take up residence in your scrap room????

** Chris **

ImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

CarrieG wrote:

have a great day ladies
Oh no!!! Hope you get that mouse out of there and quick! Wanna borrow Jackson to do the job? He's a mighty hunter. 

Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:27 pm
Yay - our new gas range was delivered and installed.  I can't wait to make eggs again tomorrow morning.  Dinner tonight is already planned in the Air Fryer.  The gas range has an air fryer but I need to learn how to use it first!  LOL!!

Yay! I'm so excited for you!!

Lovely layout. LOVE your journaling and that floral print pattern paper
Brandy Williams

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:

Wonderful layout Chris!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

CarrieG wrote:

have a great day ladies
Eeeeeeek!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:25 am

Yay for the great news on Jazzy! 

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:

Glad you got your new range! Sweet layout!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:29 pm
pawprints wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:02 am

I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your mom.  As someone who lost their mom 5 1/2 years ago, I say enjoy every moment with her.  
Thank you. Yes we had a nice time together. ((Hugs))

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”