Scrap a Day, September 22nd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 838

Scrap a Day, September 22nd

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Another busy day for me today. I have a mani pedi appointment and then I am off to pick up JJ at preschool and then staying at DD’s to celebrate Maddie’s birthday. I can’t believe she is 13 today! A teenager! It also means I have been on the boards for 13 years now, as I joined about a month before she was born. Many of you here have seen her grow up through my layouts.

Our humidity is back. It started creeping in yesterday and by the time we went to bed last night I had to turn on the a/c because it was just too sticky in the house. Today it’s even higher. Not typical for us to have humidity like this on the first day of fall. Ugh.

Hope you all have a great day.

Image Image  Image  Image
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1070

Re: Scrap a Day, September 22nd

Post by scrappinmom99 »

pawprints wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:00 am
Hey Cherries. Another busy day for me today. I have a mani pedi appointment and then I am off to pick up JJ at preschool and then staying at DD’s to celebrate Maddie’s birthday. I can’t believe she is 13 today! A teenager! It also means I have been on the boards for 13 years now, as I joined about a month before she was born. Many of you here have seen her grow up through my layouts.

Our humidity is back. It started creeping in yesterday and by the time we went to bed last night I had to turn on the a/c because it was just too sticky in the house. Today it’s even higher. Not typical for us to have humidity like this on the first day of fall. Ugh.

Oh wow, 13!! Happy birthday to her! Speaking of teenagers and humidity and fall LOL --- DD was so excited about 1st day of fall that she wore jeans and a hoodie even though I said it was humid and going to be rainy. Live and learn...LOL!

Today is a manuscript deadline for me so I'm not going to do anything else until that is finished. Hopefully can get it done by midafternoon so I can get some other house stuff done. I have some pics I need to take for the motivation challenge. I finished my crochet project and a cross-stitch bookmark. I'm so glad that "other crafts" can count for "anything goes!" - that really helps LOL! I haven't been able to get much scrapping done lately with the amt of work I have said yes to. I actually have manuscripts booked until the end of January!!! I just went "out of office" on Reedsy (the author platform I am part of) until I can catch up on some stuff. But anyway, DD has asked me to make a 16th bday card for one of her friends for Friday so I need to start that at some point. She wants me to use the Emoji Love collection which still looks like I haven't made a dent in it...

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3223

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:02 am
pawprints wrote:

Oh wow, 13!! Happy birthday to her! Speaking of teenagers and humidity and fall LOL --- DD was so excited about 1st day of fall that she wore jeans and a hoodie even though I said it was humid and going to be rainy. Live and learn...LOL!

Today is a manuscript deadline for me so I'm not going to do anything else until that is finished. Hopefully can get it done by midafternoon so I can get some other house stuff done. I have some pics I need to take for the motivation challenge. I finished my crochet project and a cross-stitch bookmark. I'm so glad that "other crafts" can count for "anything goes!" - that really helps LOL! I haven't been able to get much scrapping done lately with the amt of work I have said yes to. I actually have manuscripts booked until the end of January!!! I just went "out of office" on Reedsy (the author platform I am part of) until I can catch up on some stuff. But anyway, DD has asked me to make a 16th bday card for one of her friends for Friday so I need to start that at some point. She wants me to use the Emoji Love collection which still looks like I haven't made a dent in it...

Good luck on that deadline!

Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Barb! I cannot believe Maddie is 13! Time sure has flown by! From a cute little girl, to a beautiful young woman. Hope she has a wonderful day!

With me down on Monday with my migraine, I felt like I was behind on everything. Luckily, yesterday, I received zero emails. No one bothered me, so I was able to work. Which is very helpful when I'm working on a feature with lots of moving parts to it. 

Slow moving for both DH and I today. That front blew in overnight, and brought along with it rain, thunder and lightening. At 2AM. And know you all know how that went. Poor Penny was freaked out. So I had to grab her Thundershirt real quick, with calming spray and she hung out with DH for a while, until she went to bed. The other 2 weren't too bad, but Mr. Jackson came in screaming. Which meant he was wet 'cause he was in the middle of it. So I had to dry him off. Both of us woke up with sinus pain/pressure. Sun hasn't came out yet. Temperature wise its very nice. 68. Mucho better than the 96 we hit yesterday (our heat index was 110). What a way to end Summer and begin Fall huh? Texas does her own thing. LOL.

Anyways....back to work I go.
Brandy Williams

CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1348

Post by CarrieG »

it was actually super chilly here this morning!  we are only gonna hit the low 80's
the thing i despise about the first day of fall is its still dark when my kids start coming....grrrrrr and then dark soon after DH gets home from work...boooooo hissssss

i didnt get a chance to work on the BF sketch last nite but im hoping that during naptime today i can get it started.....then finished tonight!

nothing super exciting going on here

have a great day ladies
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:18 pm
it was actually super chilly here this morning!  we are only gonna hit the low 80's
the thing i despise about the first day of fall is its still dark when my kids start coming....grrrrrr and then dark soon after DH gets home from work...boooooo hissssss

i didnt get a chance to work on the BF sketch last nite but im hoping that during naptime today i can get it started.....then finished tonight!

have a great day ladies
YESSSSS!!!!!!! We are not fans either

Brandy Williams

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1723

Post by emmapaige »

I had another bad night last night.  I woke a little after 1:00 am and could NOT fall back asleep.  So even though I'm tired, we went to our hair appointments, then I dropped DH back home, went to the dry cleaners, and Wegman's.  I'm almost done unpacking and putting away the groceries (at least the perishable items).  I'm making a new recipe in the Instant Pot so hopefully it turns out okay.  

Tomorrow we are due to have rain and thunderstorms all day (which is why even though I was tired, I went to the grocery store today) and hope to get caught up on some challenges.  I'm almost done one but I'm wondering if I'll be able to get decent photos tomorrow. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:

Wow - I can't believe Maddie is now 13.  Happy Birthday to your beautiful granddaughter!

We turned the air on before we left for our hair appointments since it's so humid.  Come on Fall - I want to turn off the AC and open the windows again. 

** Chris **

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
pawprints wrote:

You've got quite a bit on your plate - remember to take care of yourself!
** Chris **

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:50 am
Barb! I cannot believe Maddie is 13! Time sure has flown by! From a cute little girl, to a beautiful young woman. Hope she has a wonderful day!

With me down on Monday with my migraine, I felt like I was behind on everything. Luckily, yesterday, I received zero emails. No one bothered me, so I was able to work. Which is very helpful when I'm working on a feature with lots of moving parts to it. 

Slow moving for both DH and I today. That front blew in overnight, and brought along with it rain, thunder and lightening. At 2AM. And know you all know how that went. Poor Penny was freaked out. So I had to grab her Thundershirt real quick, with calming spray and she hung out with DH for a while, until she went to bed. The other 2 weren't too bad, but Mr. Jackson came in screaming. Which meant he was wet 'cause he was in the middle of it. So I had to dry him off. Both of us woke up with sinus pain/pressure. Sun hasn't came out yet. Temperature wise its very nice. 68. Mucho better than the 96 we hit yesterday (our heat index was 110). What a way to end Summer and begin Fall huh? Texas does her own thing. LOL.

Awww...poor Penny! And poor Jackson.  
** Chris **

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

CarrieG wrote:

have a great day ladies
Hope you get the BF Sketch done!!!

** Chris **

ImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 pm
I had another bad night last night.  I woke a little after 1:00 am and could NOT fall back asleep.  So even though I'm tired, we went to our hair appointments, then I dropped DH back home, went to the dry cleaners, and Wegman's.  I'm almost done unpacking and putting away the groceries (at least the perishable items).  I'm making a new recipe in the Instant Pot so hopefully it turns out okay.  

Tomorrow we are due to have rain and thunderstorms all day (which is why even though I was tired, I went to the grocery store today) and hope to get caught up on some challenges.  I'm almost done one but I'm wondering if I'll be able to get decent photos tomorrow. 

Sorry you didn't sleep well last night. With all your errands ran, hope you can relax now and sleep better tonight.
Brandy Williams

aheatfan
Cherry Bing

Post by aheatfan »

Happy birthday to your grand daughter Barb. Hope all the cherries that are not feeling well feel better soon.  I am at school waiting for Open House to start. I go live at six. All virtual, but this year I am glad that the kids are face to face but Open House is not.  I am very envious of all of you that can turn your a/c off. That is not really a thing in Miami. Maybe 2-3 days a year but that's it.  No change of leaves either - green all the time.  It is on my bucket list to see that one day  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 43

Post by GinniG »

Hi Cherries!  You ladies are turning your a/c off and I wish we could turn our HEAT off for a few days!  :)  We had about a week once and then about 10 days another time during the summer when we didn't need heat.  Unless we get really blessed in October it's not likely we'll be able to turn the heat off again until April or May!  I too enjoy having the windows open and letting the house air out.  :) 

Hope all of you who aren't feeling well have better days and nights now!  And the poor puppies in the thunderstorms.  I can totally relate!  While we were traveling to move back to Alaska we stopped at Steve's brother's beautiful home in Bowling Green Kentucky.  He's a doctor and their house is gorgeous.  We went out one evening and saw some property they'd purchased and went to dinner and had a really nice evening.  While we were gone there was a VERY BAD thunderstorm and our poor dog Baxter was stuck in the room we were in.  When we got home he had torn up wooden blinds, he had knocked things off a desk, he'd gotten blood on the blinds and on the white comforter (not much but enough) and we were horrified!  Joe and Robin are so sweet that they told us not to worry about it they just wanted to make sure Baxter was okay.  He'd cut his gum just a tiny bit (probably trying to chew through the blinds to get outside).  We felt awful for him too and gave him lots of love that night.  Thankfully we rarely have thunder or lightning here and when it does happen it doesn't last long.  So he doesn't even notice them!  He loves it here so much!  :)

Not much happening here.  Called the surgeon's office yesterday and they needed more info from my doctor down here so I'm waiting for them to call back.  And chatted with a friend and told her about my doctor and she sent me a Jim Gaffigan comedy skit about him being in Alaska on vacation and having to have his appendix taken out.  It is HILARIOUS!  The doctor he talks about is the same one who will do my surgery!  :)  What a coincidence that she'd just seen that skit last week and remembered his name which is the same as a sandwich in New Orleans - Muffoletto!!  It's a really funny skit too.  :)

I still need to make myself sit down and finish this layout and start on the other sketches I haven't done yet.  Maybe tomorrow...  Right now it's time to fix fish tacos for dinner so hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!!!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

aheatfan wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:17 pm
Happy birthday to your grand daughter Barb. Hope all the cherries that are not feeling well feel better soon.  I am at school waiting for Open House to start. I go live at six. All virtual, but this year I am glad that the kids are face to face but Open House is not.  I am very envious of all of you that can turn your a/c off. That is not really a thing in Miami. Maybe 2-3 days a year but that's it.  No change of leaves either - green all the time.  It is on my bucket list to see that one day  😊

Same here! A front blew early yesterday morning and dropped our humidity way down but we still a high of 90 degrees!  😂 😂 😂 This morning though was nice. Woke up to 56. I don't think the AC has ran this morning. But we will be in the 80s in no time.
Brandy Williams

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:44 pm
pawprints wrote:

Wow - I can't believe Maddie is now 13.  Happy Birthday to your beautiful granddaughter!

We turned the air on before we left for our hair appointments since it's so humid.  Come on Fall - I want to turn off the AC and open the windows again. 

Thank you. She is now taller than I am! Not that I'm tall lol, but still.

I know right! What is it with this humidity!!! 

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
pawprints wrote:

Thank you. Lol yes teens have their own way of doing things. It should be fun for DD now. I call it payback. Lol!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:50 am

Thank you. She had a great time and we had a lot of fun!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

CarrieG wrote:

have a great day ladies

Hate the early and late darkness too. Ugh.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:17 pm

Thank you. Ugh to having heat and humidity year round. I don't mind the warm weather, but I really need a break from humidity. Fall is nice because we can usually open windows and let wonderful breezes flow through the house until it starts to get cold and we have to seal up the house and put heat on. It is a nice in between break for us. 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”