ISO purple

Moderator: ACOT Employee

joannie
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1889

ISO purple

Post by joannie »

I'm needing to find some purple (deep purple not violet) pattern paper and embellishments to use for prom and homecoming queen photos.
I don't use purple hardly ever on my pages. & I can see why...NO ONE MAKES COLLECTIONS WITH PURPLE!  😣
I've almost decided to go for this gray and black collection and then sprinkle purple in my clusters. So I don't need a lot of purple.
If anyone knows of a current or past collection could you let me know? I have looked in my stash but I may have overlooked it.  thanx!!
- joannie

Image Image Image Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3223

Re: ISO purple

Post by blbabe1234 »

I'm almost thinking there was a KaiserCraft collection that had deep purple??? I know how difficult that is to find. 

Another one that comes to mind is Bo Bunny. Peacock something? But is that a different shade of purple? 

I too can look in my stash and see what I can come up with. But I think you're right. You might have to use the deep purple for embellies 
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
traveler
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 435

Post by traveler »

Nightfall by Mintay has several papers that are purple flowers
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1921

Post by Art_Teacher »

Maybe do some mixed media and make your own?  :)

Image  Image  
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 264

Post by Craftyshannon »

This is space themed, but if you have a lot of photos most of it would be covered anyway or you could use it in sections. Image
VickiR
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 485

Post by VickiR »

Mintay's Nightfall is gorgeous!  I have the 6 x6 and 12 x 12.  Kaisercraft has had several collections with purples.  One of them was a Christmas collection, Christmas Jewels?  Another was Christmas Wishes.   My favorite is the Mintay, though.  I has beautiful lantern and table setting images.

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 16

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS »

I HAVE 2 SHEETS OF 12X12 SOLID CARDSTOCK PAPERS IF YOU'D LIKE THEM YOU CAN HAVE THEM........... THEY WOULD SHIP OCT. 1ST IF THAT WOULD BE OKAY WITH YOU....JUST PM ME YOUR ADDY......... VALERIE
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 637

Post by sherelm »

About a month ago I did a search for just that Purple patterned paper. If you go under search you can select filters: paper, purple, size, etc and I ended up with about 20 sheets. I scrolled through some of the collections that might have B sided purple, too. Oh, and the 20 sheets are what I bought, they had far more! We have a great search engine (thanks Brandon).
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Layouts: 806

Post by Rachel Kent »

I love the black and white with sprinkles of purple idea! That deep kind of purple is hard to find - most purples we have are lighter it seems: https://www.acherryontop.com/shop/color/8585408

Here are a few things I found:

joannie
Wild Cherry

Post by joannie »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:21 am
I'm almost thinking there was a KaiserCraft collection that had deep purple??? I know how difficult that is to find. 

Another one that comes to mind is Bo Bunny. Peacock something? But is that a different shade of purple? 

I too can look in my stash and see what I can come up with. But I think you're right. You might have to use the deep purple for embellies 
I think I do remember that collection and I used it about it 7 years ago on my DD's homecoming princess layout. It had more lavender and violet in it but I will look thru my stash to see if I saved any scraps! Thanks

update
I found the layout!
Last edited by joannie on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
- joannie

Image Image Image Image
joannie
Wild Cherry

Post by joannie »

Craftyshannon wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:50 am
This is space themed, but if you have a lot of photos most of it would be covered anyway or you could use it in sections. Image
OH I LOVE the B side (without the planet)!!! Thanks I just stuck it in my cart!

- joannie

Image Image Image Image
lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1443

Post by lissahope26 »

I also have trouble finding LSU purple.  Maybe stamp your own embellishments using Cat Pooler or Tim Holtz purples?  I have a Catherine Pooler ink specifically for that.  I'll have to go see what the name is. 

Color Study has some purple papers but not that dark.  Maybe use purple cardstock and die cut some flowers? 
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

joannie
Wild Cherry

Post by joannie »

I really appreciate the helpful posts!!
- joannie

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”