Scrap a Day, September 25th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 838

Scrap a Day, September 25th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. We are off again today for DH’s treatment and transfusion. He never got the transfusion yesterday because of a mix up so he will get it today. My label tapes are supposed to come in today so when I get home I can work on labeling again. I haven’t been able to work in my room all week so the timing is perfect.

Hope you all have a great Saturday.

Image Image  Image  Image
Aztam
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 367

Re: Scrap a Day, September 25th

Post by Aztam »

I hope all goes well with the transfusion today. No more mix-ups!

This will be a wonderful day for us, seeing our grand babies! The oldest, 3, told us she wants to go to the playground with us. I said yes, we will have to find one with swings so we can take turns LOL

I have everything set-up for my Crop & Create Cardmaking class next weekend. I have an old rolling cart paper storage that works perfectly to stage each class in a section. This week I can work on a couple of challenges before the deadline. I saved one of my favorites for the end of the month, Make-the-cut. I like that I have to think outside of my usual go-to sketches. 

Our faucet leak damage may finally be scheduled for repair soon. A company came the last weekend in August and tore out a cabinet under the kitchen sink and flooring all around the island, but we didn’t hear anything back from the insurance until last week. We are changing to ceramic tile from laminate flooring. Hoping if it happens again the tile will survive better.
ImageImage👋Image

Tam
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Aztam wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:02 pm

This will be a wonderful day for us, seeing our grand babies! The oldest, 3, told us she wants to go to the playground with us. I said yes, we will have to find one with swings so we can take turns LOL

I have everything set-up for my Crop & Create Cardmaking class next weekend. I have an old rolling cart paper storage that works perfectly to stage each class in a section. This week I can work on a couple of challenges before the deadline. I saved one of my favorites for the end of the month, Make-the-cut. I like that I have to think outside of my usual go-to sketches. 

Our faucet leak damage may finally be scheduled for repair soon. A company came the last weekend in August and tore out a cabinet under the kitchen sink and flooring all around the island, but we didn’t hear anything back from the insurance until last week. We are changing to ceramic tile from laminate flooring. Hoping if it happens again the tile will survive better.
Thank you. Things are moving along well today. Enjoy your day with your grandchildren!

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1722

Post by emmapaige »

Good afternoon Cherries. It's a beautiful day and I went for a nice walk.  I plan to go for another before dinner.  Now I'm in my scrap room and trying to figure out if I want to work on a layout or do some more reorganizing.  Sometimes when I see a pile of stuff that needs to be put away, it's easier to use if for a layout.  Decisions, decisions. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1921

Post by Art_Teacher »

Hi, all!  Beautiful, crisp, Fall weather here in Ohio and I love it!  Eliza is very frisky with it, too. lol  Not that she needed more energy!  :greenlol:   I am just hanging around the house, doing housework, here and there, while watching college football...my favorite!

Have a great weekend, cherries!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

Well, doing a layout instead of organizing won out.  I still have a bit of this Photoplay collection and I may do another layout while it is out.

** Chris **

ImageImageImage

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:23 pm
Hi, all!  Beautiful, crisp, Fall weather here in Ohio and I love it!  Eliza is very frisky with it, too. lol  Not that she needed more energy!  :greenlol:   I am just hanging around the house, doing housework, here and there, while watching college football...my favorite!

Have a great weekend, cherries!

It is gorgeous here too. DH has a little tv here and is watching college football too.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:36 pm
Well, doing a layout instead of organizing won out.  I still have a bit of this Photoplay collection and I may do another layout while it is out.

Awesome layout Chris!

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1921

Post by Art_Teacher »

Finished up a few layouts last night and this morning. 2 for the September Rewind (of the Becky Fleck 242 and the August Cherry Lift), and one for the September Cherry Lift.)

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1348

Post by CarrieG »

the grandsons are here for the day.............they are chillin watching tv with PaPa right now....

decent weather...high 80's but cloudy

i FINALLY caught the mouse in my scraproom yesterday afternoon!  he was making noise and driving me batty when i saw him scramble up the side of the garbage can under my desk....i covered the top with a handy piece of the 12x12 acot shipping cardboard and took him to the alley dumpster......LOL

i have high hopes of scrapping this afternoon...........

have a great saturday all
VickiR
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 485

Post by VickiR »

emmapaige wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:36 pm

Love this, Chris!  Crafting should always win out over organizing!  I've been staring at our grandkids stash of stuff in our basement back room for the past 2 months.  It really needs to be downsized and organized....another day.

VickiR
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 485

Post by VickiR »

Barb, glad the day is going as planned for your hubby!

Tam, having the grandkids is always fun, but ever so tiring!  We double team ours too!

Laura, this weather is perfect!  I could take it year round.  It's 72 degrees with blue skies and sunshine. 

Carrie...eeek!  Glad you caught your little friend!

I am finishing up a LO for the Rewind Pet Challenge from August.  Hope to get it posted soon!
traveler
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 435

Post by traveler »

Hi everyone.I can’t remember which day I last checked in with everyone. Anyway, my Father-in-law passed on Thursday afternoon. I brought my sister home from the hospital around the same time. She is doing ok, lots of discomfort but the surgery was successful. I wish she could focus on that instead of her discomfort. I needed to leave today since the funeral is tomorrow. My sister has a friend who was able to come and take over for me so I can get back.

Zach had a college cross country race today and was having trouble with everything, so his grandmother suggested he run in his grandfather’s honor since his grandfather attended that same college. He had a great race, beating his personal best at that distance (8k) by 1 minute, which is a lot lot. I hope he feels good about that. He will be flying in tomorrow.

It’s weird having our family in 3 different places at this time, I feel bad that I’m not there for my husband.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:50 pm
Finished up a few layouts last night and this morning. 2 for the September Rewind (of the Becky Fleck 242 and the August Cherry Lift), and one for the September Cherry Lift.)

ImageImageImage
Beautiful layouts Laura!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

CarrieG wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:01 pm
the grandsons are here for the day.............they are chillin watching tv with PaPa right now....

decent weather...high 80's but cloudy

i FINALLY caught the mouse in my scraproom yesterday afternoon!  he was making noise and driving me batty when i saw him scramble up the side of the garbage can under my desk....i covered the top with a handy piece of the 12x12 acot shipping cardboard and took him to the alley dumpster......LOL

i have high hopes of scrapping this afternoon...........

have a great saturday all
Glad you were able to catch him! Ewwww. Lol

Enjoy the grandsons today.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

trainmom wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:07 pm
Hi everyone.I can’t remember which day I last checked in with everyone. Anyway, my Father-in-law passed on Thursday afternoon. I brought my sister home from the hospital around the same time. She is doing ok, lots of discomfort but the surgery was successful. I wish she could focus on that instead of her discomfort. I needed to leave today since the funeral is tomorrow. My sister has a friend who was able to come and take over for me so I can get back.

Zach had a college cross country race today and was having trouble with everything, so his grandmother suggested he run in his grandfather’s honor since his grandfather attended that same college. He had a great race, beating his personal best at that distance (8k) by 1 minute, which is a lot lot. I hope he feels good about that. He will be flying in tomorrow.

It’s weird having our family in 3 different places at this time, I feel bad that I’m not there for my husband.
So many ((hugs)) Louise. Have a safe trip home.

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

One more using my different quarantine collections from Photoplay.  I'm hoping to use them up because I'm praying that soon we will no longer need to wear masks and the pandemic is a a thing of the past.

** Chris **

ImageImageImage

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:17 pm
One more using my different quarantine collections from Photoplay.  I'm hoping to use them up because I'm praying that soon we will no longer need to wear masks and the pandemic is a a thing of the past.

Omg I hope so too. Another great layout using those collections!

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:44 am
Hey Cherries. We are off again today for DH’s treatment and transfusion. He never got the transfusion yesterday because of a mix up so he will get it today. My label tapes are supposed to come in today so when I get home I can work on labeling again. I haven’t been able to work in my room all week so the timing is perfect.

Hope you all have a great Saturday.

Sorry for the mix up but glad he will have his transfusion today.  And thank goodness your label tapes are arriving today (fingers crossed). 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

Aztam wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:02 pm

Enjoy your time with your grandchildren.  Our two local grandchildren are away at college and even before then, we didn't see them as often as we did when they were young.  

** Chris **

ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”