Scrap a Day, October 1st

Moderator: ACOT Employee

User avatar
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Posts: 18118
Layouts: 1742
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by emmapaige »

trainmom wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:25 pm
Can't wait to see those pictures Barb!

I'm sure October will be better than September for us, at least I hope so. Today is my first calm day in a while. I went to the post office to mail Zach's birthday care package, he turns 20 next week. Hard to believe. Then I had a hair appointment, my hairdresser left the salon she had been at for years to start her own salon and this was my first time there. It was so nice and new, and just nice to be there. 

I organized my many inches of scrapbook pages yesterday. I will need to put them in 3 or 4 albums, some of which I will need to buy. I figure since I'm moving in a year, I should organize my scrap stuff now so I can do it right before next summer when I will need to pack everything else in the house. 

Happy October everyone!
I'm glad things are finally calming down for you.  You've been under so much stress and sadness you deserve a few calm days (and a BIG glass or wine). 
 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImage Image
 
User avatar
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Posts: 18118
Layouts: 1742
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:58 pm
Howdy cherries. TGIF! We sure had an eventful afternoon yesterday and morning this morning. Yesterday, a storm moving north, broke down and decided to hitch a ride south, dumping 3 inches of rain in an hour and a half. Alot of places were flooded. Horrible thunder/lightening. Thundershirt for Penny, and calming chews for the big girls. 60+ mph winds and even some hail. Oy! Then more thunder at 2AM and we got another 4 1/2 inches of rain in less than 4 hours during the early morning hours. DH and his coworkers went to work to find a leaky roof in some spots while I was trying to keep water from coming into our laundry room. To give y'all some perspective....Corpus Christi has 6 Flood Zones (A thru F). The A is the island and other barrier islands. We live in Zone F. And we had water coming into our laundry room. So if we have water in our house, you better believe everyone else is having probs too. Luckily it was just a little bit and 2 towels soaked it up. Including 2 inches of rain on Wednesday, we've gotten 9 1/2 inches of rain in less than 48 hours. 

Mr. Jackson has his annual vet visit for exam/shots and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a break in the rain during his visit. He's very very upset that he's stuck inside. From the severe thunderstorms to the doggie door being closed. But he'll get over it. 

There was a break in the rain and I ran to the grocery store at 8:40 and got back home at 9:15 and still no rain. Whew! But then it picked up an hour later! But luckily we've got our groceries. 

Starting our weekend off with a birthday party tomorrow for my sweet Jasper!  Can't believe he's TWO now! Gonna get my fill on Jasper hugs and love! Oh and Draven and Wesley too. Can't forget about them either!  ;)

Hoping to get some scrapping done on Sunday! Been making plans to do the Graphic Design Challenge! 

Have a great day everyone.

WOW - that's a whole lot of rain.  Glad you were able to get your errands done.  Stay safe!!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImage Image
 
User avatar
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Posts: 18118
Layouts: 1742
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:13 pm
I am finally home and now have to run out again. Need to pick JJ up at preschool for DD. I did finally get caught up with the last 4 days of Scrap a Day threads. Thank you Cherries for all the birthday wishes for my DS and the well wishes for my DH. All went well with the treatment week and today's transfusion. When I get back from DD's later I hope to work on closing out last month's Music Challenge and get started on October's challenge.

So glad things went well!!! 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImage Image
 
User avatar
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Posts: 18118
Layouts: 1742
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by emmapaige »

Florac74 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:13 pm
Im thankful for October with one hiccup.

I am currently bed ridden with covid since Monday. I have absolutely no energy. Which I am sad about because I was just getting into the groove of creating. I am enjoying the cool temperatures and can't wait for sweater season to get here. That will be awhile since I live in Texas ;)

I am enjoying looking at everyone's else's beautiful creations and have been commenting on them. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend full of crafty wonders!

Happy Friday y'all. :greenlol:
Oh my goodness - I'm so sorry to hear you are down with Covid.  I sure hope that you feel better quickly. Spending time in the gallery is sure to make you feel better and gather lots of inspiration when you are feeling better. 
 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImage Image
 
User avatar
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Posts: 18118
Layouts: 1742
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by emmapaige »

Ran some errands in between two walks.  It's difficult to walk in our neighborhood because of the roof replacement taking place.  Our plan is to go away while they are working on our house.  I have Hilton Honor points to use before the end of the year so we want to go the the Delaware shore to spend some time with DD and her BF. But the schedule is all out of wack since they changed which houses they were going to work on first, second, etc.  Plus we are expecting rain all next week (thanks to my Texas cherry friends who are sending it our way). I'm just hoping it's all done by Thanksgiving.

I do have this layout to share which is for the October Manufacturer with a Twist Challenge.

Image
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImage Image
 
User avatar
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Posts: 40607
Layouts: 842
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 pm
Ran some errands in between two walks.  It's difficult to walk in our neighborhood because of the roof replacement taking place.  Our plan is to go away while they are working on our house.  I have Hilton Honor points to use before the end of the year so we want to go the the Delaware shore to spend some time with DD and her BF. But the schedule is all out of wack since they changed which houses they were going to work on first, second, etc.  Plus we are expecting rain all next week (thanks to my Texas cherry friends who are sending it our way). I'm just hoping it's all done by Thanksgiving.

I do have this layout to share which is for the October Manufacturer with a Twist Challenge.

Image
Chris I love those paper strips with those fun pops of color!
Image

Image Image  Image  Image
User avatar
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 325
Layouts: 48
Location: Hollis Alaska

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by GinniG »

Chris, what a great layout!  Hope you don't get too much rain!

Well, we just got a whopper of a storm here!  Worst one I've experienced up here and we've been here almost 6 years!  Now it's calmed down quite a bit but still raining.  It's amazing because we rarely get thunder and lightning up here - occasionally a big boom and it's done.  But tonight we thought we heard a jet going over but it kept going on.  It was thunder echoing in the mountains!  Steve opened the window and now we're listening to it rumble in a circle around us.  So neat!!!!  We're surrounded by mountains here and we live on a peninsula so there's a lot of water around us too.  The lagoon has some rapids when the tides are really high which they've been today so there's that sound too.  ;)  Did you know Southeast Alaska gets 20 foot tides???  We do!  It's incredible how fast that water comes and goes! 

We've had a lot of rain too.  The entire month of September it rained.  I think we might have had 4 or 5 days that it didn't rain.  But I don't think we've had any like you ladies in Texas!  We got about 3 inches in 2 days this week and we had another inch between last night and  noon time today.  I'll be anxious to see what we have in the morning!  It REALLY poured here!!!  And OMG the WIND!  I've been through hurricanes in South Florida and this was definitely on par with a strong Category 1 storm!!!  And it only lasted about 3 hours!  Thankfully most of the area is solid bedrock so all the trees and things are used to this but we probably lost a branch or two here.  Have any of you seen the movie Key Largo with Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall and Jimmy Cagney?  This was like that storm!  Thankfully we don't get many of those here.  :)

Tried to pull some papers to go with pictures and sketches today but only got a few for one that uses lots of scraps...  Maybe tomorrow won't be so distracting.  LOL!

Hope everyone is well and safe and dry!
User avatar
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 325
Layouts: 48
Location: Hollis Alaska

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by GinniG »

Florac74 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:13 pm
Im thankful for October with one hiccup.

I am currently bed ridden with covid since Monday. I have absolutely no energy. Which I am sad about because I was just getting into the groove of creating. I am enjoying the cool temperatures and can't wait for sweater season to get here. That will be awhile since I live in Texas ;)

I am enjoying looking at everyone's else's beautiful creations and have been commenting on them. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend full of crafty wonders!

Happy Friday y'all. :greenlol:

I'm so sorry you're sick!  Take good care of yourself!  Strolling through the gallery is a great way to keep yourself occupied, get ideas and rest!  Hope and pray you're better really soon!
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30610
Layouts: 1936

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:44 am
Hey Cherries. October 1st already. Wow where did September go? I feel like I have been running around all month. This morning we are up and out early at MSK for another transfusion for DH. We’ll be here a few hours. It’s chilly out and I had to wear a sweater today. I hate when I have to start wearing sweaters and long sleeves. I miss summer already.

Well a new month so maybe I can get back on track with scrapping. My room is finished so I am ready to go. I am so far behind on my memory planner that I’m ashamed to say what month I am in.

I will update the Master List once I get home Cherries. Not so easy to do on the phone or iPad. I am looking forward to getting cozy and hopefully staying in all weekend. And for those that have asked to see pics of the Dream Box I will work on getting pics to post.

Have a great day Cherries.
It got a bit chilly here, too, but by afternoon was 80 degrees.  This is the time of year where I have to wear a sweater, but with a short sleeve top, so I can take it off later. lol  I love Fall...it's the best season in Ohio!
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30610
Layouts: 1936

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by Art_Teacher »

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:14 am
im just hoping that Oct is better than Sept....it was such a crazy month!

we had a whopper of a storm come in yesterday early evening...power went out at 5:45 pm and came back on at 10pm  during that time we got 4.75 inches of rain...WOW  i have discovered i need more candles...lol  i guess i never replenished them after the storms we had back last Feb...ooops

didnt scrap since it was dark...and candle light wasnt cutting it

i am hoping tonight to scrap...i need some meeeeeeeeeeeee time :)

have a great friday all
That is a lot of rain! Power outages are no fun, but I hope you have a wonderful October!
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30610
Layouts: 1936

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by Art_Teacher »

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:50 am
Here is it October.  Wow, did September fly by!!!  I hardly did any pages.  Guess I was making some cards too.  

Barb, hope you can just rest a little while your DH has his treatment.
Carrie- no thanks on the power outage.
Laura, I swear that laundry breeds in the hamper

I need to get to work and mop my floors,  the kitchen one is filthy.  Not sure why.  But I see all kinds of crap spilled on it.  Dh is oblivious to it all.  Got the laundry from yesterday put away.   Enjoying some beautiful fall days here in the intermountain west.  May head to the pumpkin patch with DD and her kids tomorrow.  Her dh is gone for the weekend for some work training.  

Have a lovely Friday, ladies.  
Ooh, I love pumpkin patch photos.  I hope you get to go with them.
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30610
Layouts: 1936

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by Art_Teacher »

trainmom wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:25 pm
Can't wait to see those pictures Barb!

I'm sure October will be better than September for us, at least I hope so. Today is my first calm day in a while. I went to the post office to mail Zach's birthday care package, he turns 20 next week. Hard to believe. Then I had a hair appointment, my hairdresser left the salon she had been at for years to start her own salon and this was my first time there. It was so nice and new, and just nice to be there. 

I organized my many inches of scrapbook pages yesterday. I will need to put them in 3 or 4 albums, some of which I will need to buy. I figure since I'm moving in a year, I should organize my scrap stuff now so I can do it right before next summer when I will need to pack everything else in the house. 

Happy October everyone!

I need to get my pages printed and organized, too, but it is more fun to scrap. lol
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30610
Layouts: 1936

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by Art_Teacher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:58 pm
Howdy cherries. TGIF! We sure had an eventful afternoon yesterday and morning this morning. Yesterday, a storm moving north, broke down and decided to hitch a ride south, dumping 3 inches of rain in an hour and a half. Alot of places were flooded. Horrible thunder/lightening. Thundershirt for Penny, and calming chews for the big girls. 60+ mph winds and even some hail. Oy! Then more thunder at 2AM and we got another 4 1/2 inches of rain in less than 4 hours during the early morning hours. DH and his coworkers went to work to find a leaky roof in some spots while I was trying to keep water from coming into our laundry room. To give y'all some perspective....Corpus Christi has 6 Flood Zones (A thru F). The A is the island and other barrier islands. We live in Zone F. And we had water coming into our laundry room. So if we have water in our house, you better believe everyone else is having probs too. Luckily it was just a little bit and 2 towels soaked it up. Including 2 inches of rain on Wednesday, we've gotten 9 1/2 inches of rain in less than 48 hours. 

Mr. Jackson has his annual vet visit for exam/shots and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a break in the rain during his visit. He's very very upset that he's stuck inside. From the severe thunderstorms to the doggie door being closed. But he'll get over it. 

There was a break in the rain and I ran to the grocery store at 8:40 and got back home at 9:15 and still no rain. Whew! But then it picked up an hour later! But luckily we've got our groceries. 

Starting our weekend off with a birthday party tomorrow for my sweet Jasper!  Can't believe he's TWO now! Gonna get my fill on Jasper hugs and love! Oh and Draven and Wesley too. Can't forget about them either!  ;)

Hoping to get some scrapping done on Sunday! Been making plans to do the Graphic Design Challenge! 

Have a great day everyone.

Boo for the flooding and all the rain.  Two weeks ago, it rained every day and Artemis was one unhappy kitty cat, so she commiserates with Mr. Jackson. Supposed to be like that this week coming up, too, but at least last week was gorgeous!  I got to sit out on my deck a couple of times, so I can't complain about that!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30610
Layouts: 1936

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by Art_Teacher »

Florac74 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:13 pm
Im thankful for October with one hiccup.

I am currently bed ridden with covid since Monday. I have absolutely no energy. Which I am sad about because I was just getting into the groove of creating. I am enjoying the cool temperatures and can't wait for sweater season to get here. That will be awhile since I live in Texas ;)

I am enjoying looking at everyone's else's beautiful creations and have been commenting on them. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend full of crafty wonders!

Happy Friday y'all. :greenlol:

I'm so sorry about you having covid. :(  Everyone I have met that gets it says it is much worse than the flu because it lasts longer and just zaps you. Take care of yourself!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30610
Layouts: 1936

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by Art_Teacher »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 pm
Ran some errands in between two walks.  It's difficult to walk in our neighborhood because of the roof replacement taking place.  Our plan is to go away while they are working on our house.  I have Hilton Honor points to use before the end of the year so we want to go the the Delaware shore to spend some time with DD and her BF. But the schedule is all out of wack since they changed which houses they were going to work on first, second, etc.  Plus we are expecting rain all next week (thanks to my Texas cherry friends who are sending it our way). I'm just hoping it's all done by Thanksgiving.

I do have this layout to share which is for the October Manufacturer with a Twist Challenge.

Image
Terrific layout, Chris!  I love the bright colors popping on the black and white background!
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30610
Layouts: 1936

Re: Scrap a Day, October 1st

Post by Art_Teacher »

GinniG wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:02 am
Chris, what a great layout!  Hope you don't get too much rain!

Well, we just got a whopper of a storm here!  Worst one I've experienced up here and we've been here almost 6 years!  Now it's calmed down quite a bit but still raining.  It's amazing because we rarely get thunder and lightning up here - occasionally a big boom and it's done.  But tonight we thought we heard a jet going over but it kept going on.  It was thunder echoing in the mountains!  Steve opened the window and now we're listening to it rumble in a circle around us.  So neat!!!!  We're surrounded by mountains here and we live on a peninsula so there's a lot of water around us too.  The lagoon has some rapids when the tides are really high which they've been today so there's that sound too.  ;)  Did you know Southeast Alaska gets 20 foot tides???  We do!  It's incredible how fast that water comes and goes! 

We've had a lot of rain too.  The entire month of September it rained.  I think we might have had 4 or 5 days that it didn't rain.  But I don't think we've had any like you ladies in Texas!  We got about 3 inches in 2 days this week and we had another inch between last night and  noon time today.  I'll be anxious to see what we have in the morning!  It REALLY poured here!!!  And OMG the WIND!  I've been through hurricanes in South Florida and this was definitely on par with a strong Category 1 storm!!!  And it only lasted about 3 hours!  Thankfully most of the area is solid bedrock so all the trees and things are used to this but we probably lost a branch or two here.  Have any of you seen the movie Key Largo with Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall and Jimmy Cagney?  This was like that storm!  Thankfully we don't get many of those here.  :)

Tried to pull some papers to go with pictures and sketches today but only got a few for one that uses lots of scraps...  Maybe tomorrow won't be so distracting.  LOL!

Hope everyone is well and safe and dry!



20 foot tides!  I had no idea. Seems like it rained everywhere in the U.S. in September, but probably not much in those areas experiencing the wildfires, sadly.  I have seen Key Largo, but it was years ago...forgot about the storm. lol
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”