Spill Some Scrappy Beans

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 311

Spill Some Scrappy Beans

Post by Flasher »

So, tell me a couple of things.

1.  What will I never see on one your layouts?
2.  Who will I see the least in your books?

❓ 😀
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 311

Re: Spill Some Scrappy Beans

Post by Flasher »

1.  Washi.  I hate that it's transparent -- just don't like it!
2.  Me!  But, I'm getting much better at scrapping myself.
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 276

Post by MacSarah »

1.)  Never say never...  I will try it all, once.  Food?  I think I would draw a line at food.  Critters and all.

2.) Me.  I take the pictures, and I take a  lot of guff from my 16 and 24 year-olds when I try to selfie myself in.  I am okay with it.  I tell the stories.  They know I was there.
~Sarah~
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1252

Post by beachlover »

1.  brads
2.  me
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 97

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Laura wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:47 am

❓ 😀

Good questions!!!
(1) I don't see with a sewing machine- I've literally broken EVERY one I've ever touched! So unless someone machine-stitches for me, I mostly just use stamps or rub one for my stitching.
(2) I STILL haven't scrapped about my real father, yet. Only just a few years ago did I find out that he'd died when I was a little girl. I spent most of my life just thinking that he disappeared from me. It's still weird, and I have relatives on his side that are waiting for me to get in touch. Maybe one day...
shoorn
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 2048

Post by shoorn »

1.  What will I never see on one your layouts? I will say eyelets but could also be machine stitching as I don't have a sewing machine

2.  Who will I see the least in your books? Hmmm...maybe my brother's family as I don't get many pictures of them or my sister's - for the same reason.

Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImageImage
MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1310

Post by MTCanuk »

I am not really a fan of Washi either.  You can get the same effect with paper.  Haven’t bought any in a very long time.

Not really sure.  Maybe me, cause I mainly work on grandkid layouts.  But there are plenty of me in my travel albums.  

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3233

Post by blbabe1234 »

1.  What will I never see on one your layouts? Eyelets. I tried it one time a decade ago and didn't like it.

2.  Who will I see the least in your books? Probably my Dad. He doesn't like his picture taken
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 842

Post by pawprints »

Laura wrote:

❓ 😀

1. Buttons. Not a button fan at all.

2. My DS. Does not like his picture taken and although he loves my layouts he doesn't want to be in any of them.

Image Image  Image  Image
traveler
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 440

Post by traveler »

1- those big word cut files, the ones that take up the whole page. Not only do I have no ability to cut one, I also have no interest. 

2- I have no idea who I scrap least,I include myself and all the relatives that we see. I don’t scrap friends too often, but maybe that’s because there has been a pandemic for a while now and I would if we saw them more.

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1746

Post by emmapaige »

1. Machine stitching - I have a brand new Brother sewing machine that I bought specifically for sewing on layouts but for the life of me, I can't get it to work without the thread bunching up.  I keep telling myself, I need to watch the DVD that came with it over and over but I just don't have the patience.

2.  Unfortunately that would be our oldest grandson, Jace.  We currently have little contact with him.  He lives in Tulsa OK but that's not the only reason.  He doesn't have a great relationship with his father (my stepson) and even legally changed his last name from Cassidy to that of his ex-stepfather since he had a half brother by him.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImage Image

Amy Jo
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 186

Post by Amy Jo »

1. I’d have to say embossing. I used to have a whole bunch of stamps with tons of different embossing powders but haven’t had the desire to restock those since I started scrapbooking again last year. 

2. My brother-in-law. He’s one of the coolest people I know but he’s rarely in photos..he and my sis have even stopped being in photos for Christmas cards!
-Amy Jo 

ImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 639

Post by sherelm »

1) inking mixed media. That's what I pay designers to do. Plus it's godawful messy.

2) my paternal grandmother. You'll see my ex first.
karen c.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 828

Post by karen c. »

1 Washi tape. I only use some if a challenge calls for it.

2. Friends. Just don't have enough photos with them to scrapbook.
ImageImage          ImageImage
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 363

Post by DN in MN »

1.  What will I never see on one your layouts?  Never is strong... but I dislike holographic stickers.  I like the alphas and on some embellishments.
2.  Who will I see the least in your books? me... although, I am getting in more photos so that may change.  My Mom is rare as well... 
Image      ImageImage

2021 ~ 35/75 Layouts       46/12 Cards

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1938

Post by Art_Teacher »

Laura wrote:

❓ 😀
I never say never, either, but you will not see wooden embellishments, due to the lignin.

The thing you will see least in my books is “daily moments.” I just don’t take the time to take those photos!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1362

Post by CarrieG »

1.  What will I never see on one your layouts?   real stitching....i cant run a sewing machine to save my life and im too impatient to do it by hand
2.  Who will I see the least in your books?  hmmmmmmm im gonna say DH  he doesnt like being in photos
Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 123

Post by Wheeliegirl »

Laura wrote:

❓ 😀
1. Never say never but rarely will you see journaling on my layouts. Only the basics like who, what, when and where. I used to journal a lot whey I first started scrapbooking but now I don't.

2. Like most, I rarely photograph myself and adult photos of my youngest son. He just doesn't want to be in photos any more.
Last edited by Wheeliegirl on Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 760

Post by blfonty »

I'm going to say all the newer mixed media. I don't have the resources to keep buying and buying supplies. I don't like the messy stuff either. I'd rather buy some beautiful PP and then create the layers to make it special.

I try to include everyone around me. But don't have photos of certain family members from previous generations due to divorces, etc. I do treasure the heritage photos that are available and enjoy scrapping them too.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.   
Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 297

Post by Craftyshannon »

1. Photo corners -i like the way they look, especially in vintage pages, but I can't ever get them on right

2. Me- I'm usually taking the photos so there are never very many of me

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”