Scrap a Day, October 16th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 842

Scrap a Day, October 16th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Omg it felt so good to sleep in today. I’m being lazy right now but I am going to get in my scrap room soon. I have the whole day to myself. It’s another “summer” day here in the 70’s with humidity. So weird for October on Long Island. Especially mid October. In past years we’d be running heat right now. I love the great temps but do we really need this humidity? We had enough of it all summer. Ugh.

Have a great Saturday Cherries.

Image Image  Image  Image
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 868

Re: Scrap a Day, October 16th

Post by aheatfan »

Happy scrapping Barb. Just walked into my scraproom. Had a nail appointment this morning, I need to do the floors and start the laundry but will be scrapping after that. Fully expected to feel like crap today after the booster but I feel nothing, not even arm pain. Woohoo.  Happy Saturday Cherries  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:04 pm
Happy scrapping Barb. Just walked into my scraproom. Had a nail appointment this morning, I need to do the floors and start the laundry but will be scrapping after that. Fully expected to feel like crap today after the booster but I feel nothing, not even arm pain. Woohoo.  Happy Saturday Cherries  😊

That's great! Glad it didn't affect you!

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3233

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hi Barb and Kristen!

DH is starting to feel a little better. He finally got rid of the chills/fever on Thursday. Yesterday, he had a televisit with his dr because he had shortness of breath and she put in a prescription for him - another round of antibiotics, cough medicine and an inhaler. He went down there to get his oxygen levels tested and he continues to sit idle at 94%. He's also scheduled for a chest x-ray Monday (10/18) at 5:45 PM to see what his lungs look like. It's been 10 days since he tested positive and 11 days when he first had symptoms. As a breakthrough case, everybody is surprised he continues to struggle.

I continue to be 100% asymptomatic. This morning, after breakfast and laundry, I mowed the back yard. DH wasn't very happy about it but what am I going to do? Sit back and let it get tall or ask someone to do it? He knows me better than that! And so does my Dad too. He texts/calls daily checking in on us, asking if we need ANYTHING. We're good. Thanks. I got everything taken care of. He too was a little pissy that I mowed the back yard this morning. DUDE! YOU RAISED ME! Of all people, you should not be upset about that. You made sure I didn't rely on a man for everything I needed/wanted. Now he's bitching? LMAO! Men, right?! Haha! My bio father also calls/texts daily. He too is a little upset that I haven't asked for help with anything. Sorry buddy. That's just me. I was raised on "You got 2 legs, 2 arms..do it yourself" attitude. They should be thankful that COVID isn't keeping me from getting stuff done. I'm very very VERY thankful for my immune system right now. Whew!

Bought myself  a new printer this afternoon. I've had printer issues all week. First it was a system error, so I updated my firware. That error went away but was told my yellow ink was depleted. Put in a brand new one (not refurbished or recycled) and said it was damaged. Looked up on how to fix that and DH and I tried everything. But couldn't get it to go away. Almost sounded like my printer head was defective. They range between $150 and $200. My printer all in one is 10 years old. They don't make this model anymore, or anything from this series. But HP has an updated version that has everything I want/need. Specifically for Home Office Use. So I ordered it and it will be here by Monday. Gotta love Amazon Prime! This new one is $100 more than a new printer head for my old one. Ink is cheaper, and there's other perks - HP+ and Insta Ink. As a person who work from home, sounds like something that would benefit me.

We finally got us some COOLER weather! OMG! This whole week we've been in the 90s with BRUTAL humidity (anything over 80% is brutal down here). Our heat index was between 105 and 110. Whew! Last night, front rolled in. All day today, sunshine, 35 mph winds out of the N/NW and temps in the 60s! FEELS AMAZING!

Anywho, I'm working a little bit this afternoon until its time to make dinner. Trying to make up some hours I've missed since DH tested positive. 

I'm hoping to get some scrapping done tomorrow! 

Have a great day y'all

Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1308

Post by MTCanuk »

It’s warm up north here, too! Suppose to be 69f here today.
Went to the grocery store this morning.
Put another layer of mineral oil on the craft table in our camper and took out my crafting chair. Works perfect!
Been working on laundry and quilting up a Christmas present. Two more are sewn up and waiting for backing to arrive, so I can quilt them too.

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

I finished my layout for the Journaling Challenge today. My letter "U" page for Twinkie and Sky's ABC album.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:51 pm
Hi Barb and Kristen!

DH is starting to feel a little better. He finally got rid of the chills/fever on Thursday. Yesterday, he had a televisit with his dr because he had shortness of breath and she put in a prescription for him - another round of antibiotics, cough medicine and an inhaler. He went down there to get his oxygen levels tested and he continues to sit idle at 94%. He's also scheduled for a chest x-ray Monday (10/18) at 5:45 PM to see what his lungs look like. It's been 10 days since he tested positive and 11 days when he first had symptoms. As a breakthrough case, everybody is surprised he continues to struggle.

I continue to be 100% asymptomatic. This morning, after breakfast and laundry, I mowed the back yard. DH wasn't very happy about it but what am I going to do? Sit back and let it get tall or ask someone to do it? He knows me better than that! And so does my Dad too. He texts/calls daily checking in on us, asking if we need ANYTHING. We're good. Thanks. I got everything taken care of. He too was a little pissy that I mowed the back yard this morning. DUDE! YOU RAISED ME! Of all people, you should not be upset about that. You made sure I didn't rely on a man for everything I needed/wanted. Now he's bitching? LMAO! Men, right?! Haha! My bio father also calls/texts daily. He too is a little upset that I haven't asked for help with anything. Sorry buddy. That's just me. I was raised on "You got 2 legs, 2 arms..do it yourself" attitude. They should be thankful that COVID isn't keeping me from getting stuff done. I'm very very VERY thankful for my immune system right now. Whew!

Bought myself  a new printer this afternoon. I've had printer issues all week. First it was a system error, so I updated my firware. That error went away but was told my yellow ink was depleted. Put in a brand new one (not refurbished or recycled) and said it was damaged. Looked up on how to fix that and DH and I tried everything. But couldn't get it to go away. Almost sounded like my printer head was defective. They range between $150 and $200. My printer all in one is 10 years old. They don't make this model anymore, or anything from this series. But HP has an updated version that has everything I want/need. Specifically for Home Office Use. So I ordered it and it will be here by Monday. Gotta love Amazon Prime! This new one is $100 more than a new printer head for my old one. Ink is cheaper, and there's other perks - HP+ and Insta Ink. As a person who work from home, sounds like something that would benefit me.

We finally got us some COOLER weather! OMG! This whole week we've been in the 90s with BRUTAL humidity (anything over 80% is brutal down here). Our heat index was between 105 and 110. Whew! Last night, front rolled in. All day today, sunshine, 35 mph winds out of the N/NW and temps in the 60s! FEELS AMAZING!

Anywho, I'm working a little bit this afternoon until its time to make dinner. Trying to make up some hours I've missed since DH tested positive. 

Have a great day y'all

You go girl!! You are doing great!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:13 pm
Put another layer of mineral oil on the craft table in our camper and took out my crafting chair. Works perfect!
Been working on laundry and quilting up a Christmas present. Two more are sewn up and waiting for backing to arrive, so I can quilt them too.

Glad you are getting so much done!

VickiR
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 498

Post by VickiR »

We had a busy week with kids and grand kids.  Yesterday, we went to the Maryland State BBQ Bash and had so much fun.  Our SIL has an entertainment business that is finally back on track since the shut down this past year and it was his event.  It was yesterday and today.  Perfect weather yesterday, but messy today.  And, today is our 45th wedding anniversary.  We started the day with grandson's football game at 9 and then did some errands.  Dinner this evening at our favorite restaurant to celebrate.  Tomorrow our SIL will be doing the Ravens pre-game show at the "Raven Walk" outside the stadium prior to the game.  He's had this contract for 4 years, but last year there was nothing.  So, we are very happy that he is back to doing what he loves.  I'll be relaxing here at home and scrapping!
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 48

Post by GinniG »

Barb, yayay for sleeping late for once!  :)  Sometimes we need that extra little bit.  :)  And what a CUTE layout!!!  Love that title!  :)

Kristen, glad you're not having any issues with the booster! 

Vicki I saw your pictures on FB.  The BBQ looked like fun!  So glad your family is finally getting their businesses back on track now.  I'm so glad we retired when we did and moved up here!  Good luck to them!  And go Ravens!  :)

It's not hot up here anymore but we never really had much heat this summer.  Just lots of days with clouds and no rain.  It's certainly made up for that since Sept 1st!!!  But we're all happy because we collect water in tanks since there's no hookups to water here.  Only in the 3 "towns" that have a real town center.  :)  Anyway, all our tanks are full and the ponds are almost overflowing and so that's much better now.  No more worrying about doing laundry or running the dishwasher!  :)

I've had a rough week health wise.  Until I can get this taken care of I am just going to have to take each day as it comes and get through it the best I can...  But I did manage to get a one page layout done.  Took me 4 days though!  And I found my brads.  Thought I had more of them but only had a few so at least now the mystery is solved.  :)

We finally had a couple of days without rain!  It's been REALLY sunny in the early mornings and we've enjoyed sitting in the hot sun while drinking coffee and doing our internet things.  I love being retired!  :)

I'm hoping to get some challenges done now that my class and the online crop are over. 

Hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday!
GinniG
Cherry Blossom

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Hi Barb and Kristen!

Have a great day y'all

I'm glad your DH is starting to feel better!!!  And I hope his x-ray comes back okay.  And I'm glad you're not having any symptoms too!  As for doing everything yourself there are pros and cons as you know to both sides.  :)  At least your dads are checking on you.  :)  And you're able to do things like that for yourself.  :) 

Hope your new printer is a good one!  Sometimes it costs more to fix them than it does to get a new one!  And even then there's no guarantee it will continue to work right after it's "fixed". 

Hope you can catch up on work too.  {{{HUGS}}}
GinniG
Cherry Blossom

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:13 pm

Please share a picture of your quilt when it's finished!  I LOVE handmade quilts!  But I'm terrible at sewing!  Glad your crafting chair and table work well in the camper! 
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 868

Post by aheatfan »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Hi Barb and Kristen!

Have a great day y'all

Glad you are feeling well enough to do that. Hope the hubby is better soon. Hope you have good luck with your new HP. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:02 pm
We had a busy week with kids and grand kids.  Yesterday, we went to the Maryland State BBQ Bash and had so much fun.  Our SIL has an entertainment business that is finally back on track since the shut down this past year and it was his event.  It was yesterday and today.  Perfect weather yesterday, but messy today.  And, today is our 45th wedding anniversary.  We started the day with grandson's football game at 9 and then did some errands.  Dinner this evening at our favorite restaurant to celebrate.  Tomorrow our SIL will be doing the Ravens pre-game show at the "Raven Walk" outside the stadium prior to the game.  He's had this contract for 4 years, but last year there was nothing.  So, we are very happy that he is back to doing what he loves.  I'll be relaxing here at home and scrapping!

Happy Anniversary! Sorry I'm a day late.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”