Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Post Reply
User avatar
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Posts: 40634
Layouts: 842
Location: Long Island, NY

Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. It felt so good to sleep in today. I have nowhere that I have to be. It was so great last night having DD and the kids here. Today it’s like another summer day again just like yesterday. Gorgeous weather. Sunny and 70 degrees. It’s so crazy how we had to put heat on the other day and now we are back in the 70’s. I’ll take it.

Have a great day Cherries.
Image

Image Image  Image  Image
User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 70225
Layouts: 3233
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nc

Post by blbabe1234 »

TGIF Barb! Glad you got to sleep in and last night was a good one.

Picked up my HEB Curbside order and also did a PetCo Curbside Order since the babies needed food. They got to sample the muffins from The Dog Bakery that got delivered yesterday. Yummy! All 3 were waiting patiently and they gobbled them up before I could take pics! They'll probably sample the cake tomorrow!

Nothing else going on today. I can break quarantine today and will be re-testing Monday morning. Still zero symptoms! 

With COVID finally out of the house, DH and I have lots of little things to do around the house. I'll probably be working a little bit since I need to make up a few hours I've missed. Then I'm hoping to get my scrap on! Never made it in there last weekend, so I'm hoping this weekend I can at least do SOMETHING. We shall see!

Last night my BFF texted me. She is HOME! She is still using a walker to get around, and she needs oxygen (2 liters), but she's making progress!

 
Brandy Williams

  ImageImage  Image ImageImage
User avatar
CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 10526
Layouts: 1362
Location: Texas

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Post by CarrieG »

Brandy!  so glad that your BFF is doing better and that your house is COVID free-ish!

today was the first day i didnt stay in bed and sleep!  ive been up and trying to be productive....i did get my desk area cleaned up so that i can scrap later today...i need to make a trip to the grocery store later but other than that i should have a nice quiet and relaxed weekend....house hasnt gotten messy since no kids this week and dh trying to not be messy to help me...LOL

i also ordered another rolling cart....i have too much stuff i like to keep close that ends up cluttering my desk sooooooo.....got one day delivery on amazon so should be able to get that put together and utilized tomorrow :)

have a great day ladies
User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 70225
Layouts: 3233
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Post by blbabe1234 »

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:52 pm
Brandy!  so glad that your BFF is doing better and that your house is COVID free-ish!

today was the first day i didnt stay in bed and sleep!  ive been up and trying to be productive....i did get my desk area cleaned up so that i can scrap later today...i need to make a trip to the grocery store later but other than that i should have a nice quiet and relaxed weekend....house hasnt gotten messy since no kids this week and dh trying to not be messy to help me...LOL

i also ordered another rolling cart....i have too much stuff i like to keep close that ends up cluttering my desk sooooooo.....got one day delivery on amazon so should be able to get that put together and utilized tomorrow :)

have a great day ladies
So glad to hear you're feeling better! COVID or FLU...its so draining!
 
Brandy Williams

  ImageImage  Image ImageImage
User avatar
MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Posts: 4518
Layouts: 1310
Location: MT

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Post by MTCanuk »

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend.

We have the grandsons as they are out of school. Their sister is off hunting with their dad. So, I baked pumpkin spice muffins, banana muffins and sugar and spice cookies.

I am off to get my flu vaccine this afternoon. They are offering covid shots too. I’ll wait on the booster. Don’t think my body want all that at once.

Beautiful out here too. Suppose to reach into the 70’s here too. Most unusual for the end of Oct.
Image

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

 
User avatar
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Posts: 40634
Layouts: 842
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nc

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:22 pm
TGIF Barb! Glad you got to sleep in and last night was a good one.

Picked up my HEB Curbside order and also did a PetCo Curbside Order since the babies needed food. They got to sample the muffins from The Dog Bakery that got delivered yesterday. Yummy! All 3 were waiting patiently and they gobbled them up before I could take pics! They'll probably sample the cake tomorrow!

Nothing else going on today. I can break quarantine today and will be re-testing Monday morning. Still zero symptoms! 

With COVID finally out of the house, DH and I have lots of little things to do around the house. I'll probably be working a little bit since I need to make up a few hours I've missed. Then I'm hoping to get my scrap on! Never made it in there last weekend, so I'm hoping this weekend I can at least do SOMETHING. We shall see!

Last night my BFF texted me. She is HOME! She is still using a walker to get around, and she needs oxygen (2 liters), but she's making progress!

 
So glad you both are finally through with Covid and both are ok! I hope you do get to scrap this weekend! Such great news about your BFF too!
 
Image

Image Image  Image  Image
User avatar
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Posts: 40634
Layouts: 842
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Post by pawprints »

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:52 pm
Brandy!  so glad that your BFF is doing better and that your house is COVID free-ish!

today was the first day i didnt stay in bed and sleep!  ive been up and trying to be productive....i did get my desk area cleaned up so that i can scrap later today...i need to make a trip to the grocery store later but other than that i should have a nice quiet and relaxed weekend....house hasnt gotten messy since no kids this week and dh trying to not be messy to help me...LOL

i also ordered another rolling cart....i have too much stuff i like to keep close that ends up cluttering my desk sooooooo.....got one day delivery on amazon so should be able to get that put together and utilized tomorrow :)

have a great day ladies
So glad you are feeling better! Yay!

I love the rolling carts! They hold so much and can be brought close or pushed away. My only thing I have to be careful of is nothing can be on the lower levels that my Twinkie can get a hold of. Lol.
 
Image

Image Image  Image  Image
User avatar
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Posts: 40634
Layouts: 842
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Post by pawprints »

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:15 pm
Glad to hear everyone is on the mend.

We have the grandsons as they are out of school. Their sister is off hunting with their dad. So, I baked pumpkin spice muffins, banana muffins and sugar and spice cookies.

I am off to get my flu vaccine this afternoon. They are offering covid shots too. I’ll wait on the booster. Don’t think my body want all that at once.

Beautiful out here too. Suppose to reach into the 70’s here too. Most unusual for the end of Oct.

Enjoy those grandsons!
Image

Image Image  Image  Image
User avatar
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 342
Layouts: 48
Location: Hollis Alaska

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nc

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:22 pm
TGIF Barb! Glad you got to sleep in and last night was a good one.

Picked up my HEB Curbside order and also did a PetCo Curbside Order since the babies needed food. They got to sample the muffins from The Dog Bakery that got delivered yesterday. Yummy! All 3 were waiting patiently and they gobbled them up before I could take pics! They'll probably sample the cake tomorrow!

Nothing else going on today. I can break quarantine today and will be re-testing Monday morning. Still zero symptoms! 

With COVID finally out of the house, DH and I have lots of little things to do around the house. I'll probably be working a little bit since I need to make up a few hours I've missed. Then I'm hoping to get my scrap on! Never made it in there last weekend, so I'm hoping this weekend I can at least do SOMETHING. We shall see!

Last night my BFF texted me. She is HOME! She is still using a walker to get around, and she needs oxygen (2 liters), but she's making progress!

 

Brandy, I'm so glad you are still having no symptoms and that your DH is better!  When do you hear about the test results?  And what awesome news about your BFF!  Good for her!!!!
User avatar
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 342
Layouts: 48
Location: Hollis Alaska

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Post by GinniG »

I had my video appointment with the surgeon who's going to fix this hiatal hernia.  I have to go through a couple of tests first which means at least one trip to Anchorage.  Don't know when yet.  Will have video appointment with that doctor November 2.  DH and I really liked this doctor a lot.  I'd heard and read good things about him but I was afraid he'd be a stuffed shirt.  Not at all!  That's a good thing.  :)  He's also going to refer me to his nutritionist as he wants me to try and lose 25-30 pounds.  I've never lost that many and I can't eat nuts, seeds, popcorn, stuff like that.  So it will be interesting to see what they fix up for me.  :)  This is what I've needed all along - a nutritionist who will tailor a diet just for my needs, likes, etc.  Thankfully Steve will do it with me.  I couldn't do it otherwise.  :)  I'll follow up with him in about 6 weeks.  That gives me time to start losing weight and to get the test done.  I can hardly wait to start feeling normal again!  He thinks he can really help me which was so encouraging!  :)

We had a HUGE storm last night!  My husband doesn't scare easily especially up here with storms.  But there were a couple of hours where even HE was worried about the winds!  We were both shocked that we kept power all night AND we didn't have ANY damage at all!  Thank God!!!  And my rain gauge read a full 2" of rain between 5-6 PM and 10 AM!!!  But there's more on the way - just not quite as bad as this one.  It's already gotten windy and rainy tonight.  I'm just glad it's not snow!!!  LOL!

I started a 2 page layout last night about a girls tea party that a neighbor had in August.  My BFF couldn't go with her granddaughter that she's raising so I got to take her.  It was my first tea party and it was FUN!  :)  I finished it tonight.  Just need to get it posted.  I love how it turned out!  :)

And my wonderful DH took me out to dinner on the spur of the moment!  I got to have my favorite Friday night Prime Rib dinner.  OMG it's delicious!  I got the 8 oz and still couldn't finish it all.  :)  Got enough to have another meal!  :)  Nice surprise.  :)

Well I'd better go get things done so I'm not up all night.  Have a great weekend everyone!
User avatar
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Posts: 2722
Layouts: 873

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nc

Post by aheatfan »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:22 pm
TGIF Barb! Glad you got to sleep in and last night was a good one.

Picked up my HEB Curbside order and also did a PetCo Curbside Order since the babies needed food. They got to sample the muffins from The Dog Bakery that got delivered yesterday. Yummy! All 3 were waiting patiently and they gobbled them up before I could take pics! They'll probably sample the cake tomorrow!

Nothing else going on today. I can break quarantine today and will be re-testing Monday morning. Still zero symptoms! 

With COVID finally out of the house, DH and I have lots of little things to do around the house. I'll probably be working a little bit since I need to make up a few hours I've missed. Then I'm hoping to get my scrap on! Never made it in there last weekend, so I'm hoping this weekend I can at least do SOMETHING. We shall see!

Last night my BFF texted me. She is HOME! She is still using a walker to get around, and she needs oxygen (2 liters), but she's making progress!

 
So glad that all three of you are doing better  😊
 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage
 
User avatar
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Posts: 2722
Layouts: 873

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Post by aheatfan »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:16 pm
Hey Cherries. It felt so good to sleep in today. I have nowhere that I have to be. It was so great last night having DD and the kids here. Today it’s like another summer day again just like yesterday. Gorgeous weather. Sunny and 70 degrees. It’s so crazy how we had to put heat on the other day and now we are back in the 70’s. I’ll take it.

Have a great day Cherries.

Glad you got to enjoy your celebration, it is wonderful to do something normal again. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage
 
User avatar
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Posts: 2722
Layouts: 873

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Post by aheatfan »

GinniG wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:32 am
I had my video appointment with the surgeon who's going to fix this hiatal hernia.  I have to go through a couple of tests first which means at least one trip to Anchorage.  Don't know when yet.  Will have video appointment with that doctor November 2.  DH and I really liked this doctor a lot.  I'd heard and read good things about him but I was afraid he'd be a stuffed shirt.  Not at all!  That's a good thing.  :)  He's also going to refer me to his nutritionist as he wants me to try and lose 25-30 pounds.  I've never lost that many and I can't eat nuts, seeds, popcorn, stuff like that.  So it will be interesting to see what they fix up for me.  :)  This is what I've needed all along - a nutritionist who will tailor a diet just for my needs, likes, etc.  Thankfully Steve will do it with me.  I couldn't do it otherwise.  :)  I'll follow up with him in about 6 weeks.  That gives me time to start losing weight and to get the test done.  I can hardly wait to start feeling normal again!  He thinks he can really help me which was so encouraging!  :)

We had a HUGE storm last night!  My husband doesn't scare easily especially up here with storms.  But there were a couple of hours where even HE was worried about the winds!  We were both shocked that we kept power all night AND we didn't have ANY damage at all!  Thank God!!!  And my rain gauge read a full 2" of rain between 5-6 PM and 10 AM!!!  But there's more on the way - just not quite as bad as this one.  It's already gotten windy and rainy tonight.  I'm just glad it's not snow!!!  LOL!

I started a 2 page layout last night about a girls tea party that a neighbor had in August.  My BFF couldn't go with her granddaughter that she's raising so I got to take her.  It was my first tea party and it was FUN!  :)  I finished it tonight.  Just need to get it posted.  I love how it turned out!  :)

And my wonderful DH took me out to dinner on the spur of the moment!  I got to have my favorite Friday night Prime Rib dinner.  OMG it's delicious!  I got the 8 oz and still couldn't finish it all.  :)  Got enough to have another meal!  :)  Nice surprise.  :)

Well I'd better go get things done so I'm not up all night.  Have a great weekend everyone!
Good luck with your surgery, I also had that surgery after the birth of my second child, It went great.  I have to say that I am always fascinated by the stories of where you live. It's so different from sunny South Florida.  My number one bucket list item is to see killer whales in the wild so I may make a trip to Alaska one of these years, lol. 
 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage
 
User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 70225
Layouts: 3233
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nc

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:22 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:22 pm
TGIF Barb! Glad you got to sleep in and last night was a good one.

Picked up my HEB Curbside order and also did a PetCo Curbside Order since the babies needed food. They got to sample the muffins from The Dog Bakery that got delivered yesterday. Yummy! All 3 were waiting patiently and they gobbled them up before I could take pics! They'll probably sample the cake tomorrow!

Nothing else going on today. I can break quarantine today and will be re-testing Monday morning. Still zero symptoms! 

With COVID finally out of the house, DH and I have lots of little things to do around the house. I'll probably be working a little bit since I need to make up a few hours I've missed. Then I'm hoping to get my scrap on! Never made it in there last weekend, so I'm hoping this weekend I can at least do SOMETHING. We shall see!

Last night my BFF texted me. She is HOME! She is still using a walker to get around, and she needs oxygen (2 liters), but she's making progress!

Brandy, I'm so glad you are still having no symptoms and that your DH is better!  When do you hear about the test results?  And what awesome news about your BFF!  Good for her!!!! 
DH has a follow up appt with his dr Monday morning to discuss the XRAY results
 
Brandy Williams

  ImageImage  Image ImageImage
User avatar
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 342
Layouts: 48
Location: Hollis Alaska

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nd

Post by GinniG »

aheatfan wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:22 am
GinniG wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:32 am
I had my video appointment with the surgeon who's going to fix this hiatal hernia.  I have to go through a couple of tests first which means at least one trip to Anchorage.  Don't know when yet.  Will have video appointment with that doctor November 2.  DH and I really liked this doctor a lot.  I'd heard and read good things about him but I was afraid he'd be a stuffed shirt.  Not at all!  That's a good thing.  :)  He's also going to refer me to his nutritionist as he wants me to try and lose 25-30 pounds.  I've never lost that many and I can't eat nuts, seeds, popcorn, stuff like that.  So it will be interesting to see what they fix up for me.  :)  This is what I've needed all along - a nutritionist who will tailor a diet just for my needs, likes, etc.  Thankfully Steve will do it with me.  I couldn't do it otherwise.  :)  I'll follow up with him in about 6 weeks.  That gives me time to start losing weight and to get the test done.  I can hardly wait to start feeling normal again!  He thinks he can really help me which was so encouraging!  :)

We had a HUGE storm last night!  My husband doesn't scare easily especially up here with storms.  But there were a couple of hours where even HE was worried about the winds!  We were both shocked that we kept power all night AND we didn't have ANY damage at all!  Thank God!!!  And my rain gauge read a full 2" of rain between 5-6 PM and 10 AM!!!  But there's more on the way - just not quite as bad as this one.  It's already gotten windy and rainy tonight.  I'm just glad it's not snow!!!  LOL!

I started a 2 page layout last night about a girls tea party that a neighbor had in August.  My BFF couldn't go with her granddaughter that she's raising so I got to take her.  It was my first tea party and it was FUN!  :)  I finished it tonight.  Just need to get it posted.  I love how it turned out!  :)

And my wonderful DH took me out to dinner on the spur of the moment!  I got to have my favorite Friday night Prime Rib dinner.  OMG it's delicious!  I got the 8 oz and still couldn't finish it all.  :)  Got enough to have another meal!  :)  Nice surprise.  :)

Well I'd better go get things done so I'm not up all night.  Have a great weekend everyone!
Good luck with your surgery, I also had that surgery after the birth of my second child, It went great.  I have to say that I am always fascinated by the stories of where you live. It's so different from sunny South Florida.  My number one bucket list item is to see killer whales in the wild so I may make a trip to Alaska one of these years, lol. 
  

I know all about South Florida.  :)  We lived in Deerfield Beach for 20 years before we moved back to Alaska.  :)  We were Heat fans too.  :)  Still kinda are but we don't get them here.  I saw some orcas about 2 months ago in Ketchikan and they really are amazing!  They were so close to the shore and we were on the beach.  There was a young one with them too.  So amazing!!!  I'm glad to hear about your surgery being successful.  It helps a LOT!  DH and I are starting a diet Friday that a nutritionist set up for me so I think if the doctor sees I'm doing well with the weight loss he'll go ahead and schedule it for me.  He doesn't want me to have complications later on because I've gained too much.  Thanks for chatting with me!
 
User avatar
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 342
Layouts: 48
Location: Hollis Alaska

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nc

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:19 pm
GinniG wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:22 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:22 pm
TGIF Barb! Glad you got to sleep in and last night was a good one.

Picked up my HEB Curbside order and also did a PetCo Curbside Order since the babies needed food. They got to sample the muffins from The Dog Bakery that got delivered yesterday. Yummy! All 3 were waiting patiently and they gobbled them up before I could take pics! They'll probably sample the cake tomorrow!

Nothing else going on today. I can break quarantine today and will be re-testing Monday morning. Still zero symptoms! 

With COVID finally out of the house, DH and I have lots of little things to do around the house. I'll probably be working a little bit since I need to make up a few hours I've missed. Then I'm hoping to get my scrap on! Never made it in there last weekend, so I'm hoping this weekend I can at least do SOMETHING. We shall see!

Last night my BFF texted me. She is HOME! She is still using a walker to get around, and she needs oxygen (2 liters), but she's making progress!

Brandy, I'm so glad you are still having no symptoms and that your DH is better!  When do you hear about the test results?  And what awesome news about your BFF!  Good for her!!!!  
DH has a follow up appt with his dr Monday morning to discuss the XRAY results
  
I hope that if they find anything it's not serious and can be fixed easily!
 
User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 70225
Layouts: 3233
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nc

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:41 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:19 pm
GinniG wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:22 am

Brandy, I'm so glad you are still having no symptoms and that your DH is better!  When do you hear about the test results?  And what awesome news about your BFF!  Good for her!!!!  
DH has a follow up appt with his dr Monday morning to discuss the XRAY results 
I hope that if they find anything it's not serious and can be fixed easily!
  
Thank you. It went well. It just showed that yes, he did in fact have COVID pneumonia. It'll eventually go away on its own. 
 
Brandy Williams

  ImageImage  Image ImageImage
User avatar
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 342
Layouts: 48
Location: Hollis Alaska

Re: Scrap a Day, October 22nc

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:02 am
GinniG wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:41 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:19 pm
DH has a follow up appt with his dr Monday morning to discuss the XRAY results 
I hope that if they find anything it's not serious and can be fixed easily! 
Thank you. It went well. It just showed that yes, he did in fact have COVID pneumonia. It'll eventually go away on its own. 
  

I'm so glad he's okay!  So many get that pneumonia and don't make it.  YAYAY!
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”