is there.......

Moderator: ACOT Employee

CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1362

is there.......

Post by CarrieG »

something that you have started using, started using more of etc etc in the past year?

i went from very few stamps to GOBS since starting to do the storytellers books...crazy....a year ago i wouldve laughed if you said i would be stamping so much!
Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 299

Re: is there.......

Post by Craftyshannon »

I've been using nuvo drops like crazy! I never had the correct color of enamel dots for projects, but now that I can make my own I use them all the time.
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1415

Post by Charleneanne »

Stencils. Always had problems with keeping them flat on paper so ink didn’t get under or moving slightly and messing up image. But then I got a Wendy Vecchi creastation thingie with the magnets. Wow. Game changer. That thing is amazing and now I use stencils all the time on my cards
ImageCharleneanne
Florac74
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 12

Post by Florac74 »

I have been playing with pinkfresh layering stencils and I love them!
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 48

Post by GinniG »

Craftyshannon wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:16 pm
I've been using nuvo drops like crazy! I never had the correct color of enamel dots for projects, but now that I can make my own I use them all the time.

ME TOO!!!!  I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE them!  And for the same reason you mentioned!  :)

I've also discovered hand stitching on my layouts.  When I saw how easy it was I was hooked!  I ordered two big collections on Amazon and literally created a monster!  It took me about a week to get them all wound on the plastic boards and sorted into the 7 boxes of embroidery floss that I had to buy to fit them all!!!  LOLOL!  I don't sew on every layout but when I have the time and patience and it will make it look better I will make the time. 
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 48

Post by GinniG »

Florac74 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:42 pm
I have been playing with pinkfresh layering stencils and I love them!

Layered stencils?!  I'm going to have to check those out!  Sounds intriguing!
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 876

Post by aheatfan »

I just started suing some stencils this past year, I always forget about them though. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1798

Post by mgehrke »

I'm using more cutfiles and inks (Vicki Boutin is the best). I bought a new Cricut so I can use the Design Studio and also get free downloads from lots of places. I also have purchased a lot and now have them downloaded on my computer. I love how they can change your page. Not only do I use them, I also sometimes back my cutfiles with PP or I may just ink them. I'm having so much fun.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 57, 35 and 29) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (5) Sawyer (3) and Mazie (11 Months).

Image Image
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 97

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Challenges! Lol after taking such a long haitus from scrapping (loosing a loved one, and then, my mind- I had to have a breakdown and then rebuild a new life) ... I'm healthy now and healed (mostly) and since last year I have been scrapping with a vengeance!

Challenges! I never seemed to do many challenges before, but this past year, since finding ACOT, I've been loving all these challenges! I really have been outside my comfort zone a few times, which I find is GREAT for growth and development! And I mean, scrappy growth and development! I've been inspired to try new techniques and ideas and color palettes and I gotta say, I can't believe I took such a long break from this lovely hobby but I've got "fresh" eyes now!
I've been making page kits and scrap kits and having a blast! Mixing my old supplies with my new ones, grabbing some scissors and adhesive, checking out the forums here... These are my daily respites again and I'm so grateful!
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 555

Post by Shutterbug »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:03 pm
Challenges! Lol after taking such a long haitus from scrapping (loosing a loved one, and then, my mind- I had to have a breakdown and then rebuild a new life) ... I'm healthy now and healed (mostly) and since last year I have been scrapping with a vengeance!

Challenges! I never seemed to do many challenges before, but this past year, since finding ACOT, I've been loving all these challenges! I really have been outside my comfort zone a few times, which I find is GREAT for growth and development! And I mean, scrappy growth and development! I've been inspired to try new techniques and ideas and color palettes and I gotta say, I can't believe I took such a long break from this lovely hobby but I've got "fresh" eyes now!
I've been making page kits and scrap kits and having a blast! Mixing my old supplies with my new ones, grabbing some scissors and adhesive, checking out the forums here... These are my daily respites again and I'm so grateful!

I am so very sorry for your loss and for all you have been through. I am praying for you as you continue with your new life and I am grateful you have found ACOT and been scrapping again. ( hugs)
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1252

Post by beachlover »

I have been BUYING tons of stamp sets from friends that sell CTMH and Stampin Up, plus have had a 2 year subscription to Stamps of Life.
BUT, I rarely take the time to use any of them, mostly because my room is still way too crowded and I have very little work spaace.
Sounds like I have a great New Years Resolution!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Blossom

Shutterbug wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:23 am
JollyHollyScraps wrote:

I am so very sorry for your loss and for all you have been through. I am praying for you as you continue with your new life and I am grateful you have found ACOT and been scrapping again. ( hugs)

That is so kind and appreciated! Thank you 😊
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 842

Post by pawprints »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:

So many ((hugs)) for what you have been through.

Image Image  Image  Image
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 555

Post by Shutterbug »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:04 pm
Shutterbug wrote:
JollyHollyScraps wrote:

You are welcome. I look forward to getting to know you and see your work and exchange ideas. Have a great week.😃
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Blossom

Shutterbug wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:38 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:04 pm
Shutterbug wrote:

You are welcome. I look forward to getting to know you and see your work and exchange ideas. Have a great week.😃
Yessss 😊 You as well!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Blossom

beachlover wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:33 pm
I have been BUYING tons of stamp sets from friends that sell CTMH and Stampin Up, plus have had a 2 year subscription to Stamps of Life.
BUT, I rarely take the time to use any of them, mostly because my room is still way too crowded and I have very little work spaace.
Sounds like I have a great New Years Resolution!

I love stamps too AND have a very limited workspace right now! Totally feeling you on that!
By the way, I've never heard of Stamps of Life but I'm getting ready to Google! 😂
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Blossom

aheatfan wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:23 am
I just started suing some stencils this past year, I always forget about them though. 

I LOVE stencils too AND sometimes I forget to use them, too!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Blossom

Charleneanne wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:23 pm
Stencils. Always had problems with keeping them flat on paper so ink didn’t get under or moving slightly and messing up image. But then I got a Wendy Vecchi creastation thingie with the magnets. Wow. Game changer. That thing is amazing and now I use stencils all the time on my cards

I may have to get one of Those for my BFFE! Thanks for the idea!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Blossom

mgehrke wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:44 pm
I'm using more cutfiles and inks (Vicki Boutin is the best). I bought a new Cricut so I can use the Design Studio and also get free downloads from lots of places. I also have purchased a lot and now have them downloaded on my computer. I love how they can change your page. Not only do I use them, I also sometimes back my cutfiles with PP or I may just ink them. I'm having so much fun.

I'm REALLY wanting a digital printer! I bought some cut files on here (already cut lol) and haven't used them yet but you've inspired me. I've seen people back then with PP, but JUST inking them?! THAT sounds cool!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Blossom

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:59 pm
something that you have started using, started using more of etc etc in the past year?

i went from very few stamps to GOBS since starting to do the storytellers books...crazy....a year ago i wouldve laughed if you said i would be stamping so much!

I love stamps! I used to just use them for backgrounds but now I'm into making my own ephemera, too! So fun!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”