Scrap a Day, October 26th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 842

Scrap a Day, October 26th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. I’m leaving in a few minutes to drive out to DD’s to take JJ to preschool, then when I get home we are going for DH’s transfusion. We are in the mist of a Nor’easter right now so going out is not going to be fun. I hope I get some time to play later on today.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image  Image  Image
MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1311

Re: Scrap a Day, October 26th

Post by MTCanuk »

Stay safe out there, Barb!  sorry to hear about the weather.  

Just sitting on the couch for now sipping my coffee.  I will be cleaning today, after DD stops after dropping kids.  She was home with 2 of them yesterday.  

Have some layouts to upload that I completed yesterday.  Hopefully more sunny than yesterday for picture taking.

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Duchess72
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 23

Post by Duchess72 »

Good morning... returning to these boards after being absent for a long while... a lot has happened... 2 strokes, my husband retired, I have a new niece... well, she's two now... through everything I dealt with depression and isolated a lot, COVID lockdown didn't help matters either... enough of the negative... I came to realize that when I'm active on these boards and crafting groups I'm happier. Community boosts my spirits, especially being part of a community which is about my passion, paper crafting. My name is Kimberly and I live in Northern CA just outside of Sacramento with my hubby (we met while serving in the Navy in 95, then married in 97). No kids, but 5 nieces and four nephews that I love and adore. Aside from paper crafting and podcasting about it, I love to camp, cook, write poetry and working on my first novel, photography, and I'm a total geek... I'm here to learn new techniques, share my crafty photos, and make new friends. This seems like a very friendly group....

- Blessings,
Kimberly
Be you, not them - the Duchess of Sassy Town .... 
I podcast about crafty stuff and encourage others ....
Image Image

aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 876

Post by aheatfan »

Stay safe in that weather Barb.  Have the day off today, finally going to get some answers on this leg issue and what it's going to take to fix it. Appointment is late this afternoon so hoping to at least get one page done before that. Have a great day Cherries 😊  
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3233

Post by blbabe1234 »

Duchess72 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:33 am
Good morning... returning to these boards after being absent for a long while... a lot has happened... 2 strokes, my husband retired, I have a new niece... well, she's two now... through everything I dealt with depression and isolated a lot, COVID lockdown didn't help matters either... enough of the negative... I came to realize that when I'm active on these boards and crafting groups I'm happier. Community boosts my spirits, especially being part of a community which is about my passion, paper crafting. My name is Kimberly and I live in Northern CA just outside of Sacramento with my hubby (we met while serving in the Navy in 95, then married in 97). No kids, but 5 nieces and four nephews that I love and adore. Aside from paper crafting and podcasting about it, I love to camp, cook, write poetry and working on my first novel, photography, and I'm a total geek... I'm here to learn new techniques, share my crafty photos, and make new friends. This seems like a very friendly group....

- Blessings,
Kimberly
I'm sorry to hear how much you've gone thru. But you're HERE now and that's all that matters! You didn't let things keep you down. 

You'll find so much support and love from the cherries. And of course, lots of great inspiration from challenges, the gallery, etc. Glad you're back!

Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

aheatfan wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:06 am
Stay safe in that weather Barb.  Have the day off today, finally going to get some answers on this leg issue and what it's going to take to fix it. Appointment is late this afternoon so hoping to at least get one page done before that. Have a great day Cherries 😊  

Good luck and keep us posted.
Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries!

DH had a follow up with his dr yesterday. X-ray just shows that yes, DH had COVID pneumonia. The residual will eventually go away on its own and he has no long term damage to his lungs. Woo-hoo!!!

Yesterday was a Monday from HELL. My client's email reminder system deleted everything that has gone out previously and started all over. So EVERYTHING and the kitchen sink went out! OMG! WHY?!? Then other weird things were happening. No bueno! So, after lots of analyzing....and investigating....found the culprit. Found out where in the code it was deleting all the entries and making everything, and the kitchen sink go out. Fixed that nightmare and uploaded it this morning. Prompted the email system and nothing got deleted so that was step one. Step two seemed to work too. Reports were being generated and emailed out. 

Today is Day 3 of the VC.  Hoping its as interesting as Day 2 was and not a repeat of Day 1. Day 1 was NO FUN.

Anyways, can't wait for tonight! Game One of the WS! Go Astros!
Brandy Williams

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Duchess72 wrote:

- Blessings,
Kimberly

So good to have you back. Many ((hugs)) for what you have been through. Glad things are going better for you now.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:

Good luck at your appointment. I hope the fix is an easy one.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:33 am
Good morning cherries!

DH had a follow up with his dr yesterday. X-ray just shows that yes, DH had COVID pneumonia. The residual will eventually go away on its own and he has no long term damage to his lungs. Woo-hoo!!!

Yesterday was a Monday from HELL. My client's email reminder system deleted everything that has gone out previously and started all over. So EVERYTHING and the kitchen sink went out! OMG! WHY?!? Then other weird things were happening. No bueno! So, after lots of analyzing....and investigating....found the culprit. Found out where in the code it was deleting all the entries and making everything, and the kitchen sink go out. Fixed that nightmare and uploaded it this morning. Prompted the email system and nothing got deleted so that was step one. Step two seemed to work too. Reports were being generated and emailed out. 

Today is Day 3 of the VC.  Hoping its as interesting as Day 2 was and not a repeat of Day 1. Day 1 was NO FUN.

Wow Brandy your DH was really hit hard. So scary since he was vaccinated. Happy to hear he will recover completely and there is no damage to his lungs.

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1749

Post by emmapaige »

Good afternoon!  A lazy day here.  We had the rain overnight but so far it's just been gloomy today.  I think we are expecting rain later. Nothing really new to report here!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:13 am
Hey Cherries. I’m leaving in a few minutes to drive out to DD’s to take JJ to preschool, then when I get home we are going for DH’s transfusion. We are in the mist of a Nor’easter right now so going out is not going to be fun. I hope I get some time to play later on today.

Stay safe - as I mentioned, we haven't really gotten any rain today - YET!
** Chris **

ImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

Duchess72 wrote:

- Blessings,
Kimberly

Wow - I'm so sorry you've been through so much but glad you are back here.  This group is such a caring and supportive group!
** Chris **

ImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

aheatfan wrote:

I certainly hope you get some answers about your leg.  I hope it's an easy solution. 
** Chris **

ImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:33 am
Good morning cherries!

Wow - poor Rob but so glad you didn't catch it. But oh my gosh, hopefully Day 3 today will be better than Day 1 and 2.
** Chris **

ImageImage Image

VickiR
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 499

Post by VickiR »

Stay safe, Barb!  Very windy here and overcast, but no rain yet.  The weather is calling for nasty weather later today.  I had a hair appt. this morning and finished pulling annuals with hubby when I got home.  Now, just relaxing a bit and then off to see our grandkids before they leave for their Halloween weekend tomorrow at their favorite campground.

Safe travels!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:16 pm
pawprints wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:13 am

Stay safe - as I mentioned, we haven't really gotten any rain today - YET!

Omg I got totally drenched this morning taking JJ to school. I had to change all my clothes before coming here with DH. The rain has let up for a while but I think more is coming. And then there’s the wind too. What a mess.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:44 pm
Stay safe, Barb!  Very windy here and overcast, but no rain yet.  The weather is calling for nasty weather later today.  I had a hair appt. this morning and finished pulling annuals with hubby when I got home.  Now, just relaxing a bit and then off to see our grandkids before they leave for their Halloween weekend tomorrow at their favorite campground.

Safe travels!

It downpored and was so windy this morning. The rain has let up for a bit but is supposed to start up again.

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

It's drizzled a bit but it looks like it could very well start the downpours.  Since it was too miserable to really do anything outside, I did the Becky Fleck Challenge.

** Chris **

ImageImage Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1311

Post by MTCanuk »

I ended up watching the little minion until 1pm.  So my days plans were shot!!!  But here mum was able to go to work, at least for the morning and get things accomplished.  But I did take photos of my layouts and just put them in the gallery.    I like this one.  

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”