Scrap a Day, November 24th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 842

Scrap a Day, November 24th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Slept in today after my long day yesterday. My mom did well other than some dizziness from having her head back in the chair. But she’s good and I talked to her this morning and she’s doing well. My sister and bil took her to her post op visit this morning and they will spend the day with her. DH was doing a lot better yesterday and was good when I got home at 11:30 last night. Thank God.

I have a lot to do today to get ready for Thanksgiving so that is my plan for this afternoon. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers for my DH and my mom.

Hope you all have a great day.

Image Image  Image  Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3254

Re: Scrap a Day, November 24th

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hi Barb! Glad to hear both your mom and Richard are doing well. 

My client closed her doors at 2PM yesterday and her and her staff have the rest of the week off so I'm knocking things out!  :) Love quiet holiday days. There's some emails that I need to send out, but knowing that no one will read them until next week, I've made a list of those so I don't forget. 

After work, I'll make a list of everything I need to do tomorrow. My SIL works until 2PM tomorrow, so her and my brother and the boys won't be here until 4PM. Which allows me to finish up some cleaning, and plan out the prep/cooking of the side dishes. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving 
Last edited by blbabe1234 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandy Williams

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1784

Post by emmapaige »

I just logged onto my laptop and saw I never hit the Submit button from yesterday's post.  

So glad your mom did okay yesterday and your DH is feeling better.

I did the BF sketch challenge yesterday but I still need to take a photo of it and post it.

I doubt I'll be doing any scrapping today as I have a lot to do to get ready for Thanksgiving also.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1963

Post by Art_Teacher »

Glad things went well, Barb!  Brandy, yay for a holiday break. :)  

I am enjoying my day off...got to sleep in, because DH went to work and put Eliza in her crate, which she actually loves, so she didn't even really miss me this morning. lol  Got up and had a hot bath, then did my nails with Color Street, and had some coffee.  Got Eliza up just before lunch, and then went to work prepping for the dishes I will take to my aunt's tomorrow.  My Grandma's cornbread stuffing, and a tapioca fruit salad that has been a favorite in my Mom's family for years. I made the cornbread, cut up the rest of the white bread to toast the croutons, and made the tapioca base for the fruit salad.  This is the first time my family has been together since my uncle's funeral in August of 2020.  I'm so excited, but not thrilled that I have a cold. :(  Voice is coming back slowly, and now I have the head stuff...blowing nose every 20 minutes or so.  

Planning to scrap a bit this afternoon.  Tonight's dinner will be smoked chicken thighs on DH's Traegar. I need some to include in the stuffing I am baking tomorrow!  

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, all!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
VickiR
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 517

Post by VickiR »

Happy to hear your mom and hubby are doing well, Barb!

I baked and cleaned yesterday, totally wearing myself out.  3 dozen dinner rolls, 2 pumpkin pies, pecan pie and apple pie.  I slept until 9 which is really unusual for me.  Did some last minute prep for our dinner tomorrow and planning to get up early to make stuffing and potatoes along with popping the 20# turkey into the oven!

HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! 
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

VickiR wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:18 pm

I baked and cleaned yesterday, totally wearing myself out.  3 dozen dinner rolls, 2 pumpkin pies, pecan pie and apple pie.  I slept until 9 which is really unusual for me.  Did some last minute prep for our dinner tomorrow and planning to get up early to make stuffing and potatoes along with popping the 20# turkey into the oven!

I would be worn out, too! That is some baking!

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

One layout done so far, for the November Movie Genre Challenge.

Laura
traveler
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 465

Post by traveler »

Glad things went well Barb.

I’ve been cooking and enjoying my guests this week.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 918

Post by aheatfan »

Happy Thanksgiving Eve.  Been busy all day prepping for tomorrow, I'm cooking it all. Made some napkin ring placement cards (silly because there are only 4 of us but want to make it special). Have Alexa getting me through with my playlist and am ready to go.  Hope everyone has a blessed and beautiful day.  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

Gail R
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 76

Post by Gail R »

There's just the 3 of us this year, dh, ds and I.  I'm doing a roasted chicken with all the turkey day trimmings.  Our big celebration will be Christmas, as dd, sil, and granddaughters will be here for almost 2 weeks for Christmas.  Glad I don't have to run around all day prepping for tomorrow, as dh went hunting and got 3 deer that were cut up last night and  we have to vacuum seal this afternoon.  
Gail
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3254

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:56 pm

This is beautiful! LOVE the title
Brandy Williams

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1325

Post by MTCanuk »

Just sent the little minion home with her mum. I am pooped after watching her all day. Only one major meltdown when I wouldn’t let her eat her popsicle in the living room!!! But she obviously wanted the popsicle more and relented to eating it in the kitchen. Also got the stuffing made and 2 pumpkin pies. Baked the sweet potatoes and made sticky buns.
Obviously no time for scrapping.
But a lot if prep done for dinner tomorrow
I hope everyone enjoys a Happy Thanksgiving.

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:52 pm
Hi Barb! Glad to hear both your mom and Richard are doing well. 

My client closed her doors at 2PM yesterday and her and her staff have the rest of the week off so I'm knocking things out!  :) Love quiet holiday days. There's some emails that I need to send out, but knowing that no one will read them until next week, I've made a list of those so I don't forget. 

After work, I'll make a list of everything I need to do tomorrow. My SIL works until 2PM tomorrow, so her and my brother and the boys won't be here until 4PM. Which allows me to finish up some cleaning, and plan out the prep/cooking of the side dishes. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving 

Glad you got a lot done today with your client closed. Yay. 

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:21 pm
Glad things went well, Barb!  Brandy, yay for a holiday break. :)  

I am enjoying my day off...got to sleep in, because DH went to work and put Eliza in her crate, which she actually loves, so she didn't even really miss me this morning. lol  Got up and had a hot bath, then did my nails with Color Street, and had some coffee.  Got Eliza up just before lunch, and then went to work prepping for the dishes I will take to my aunt's tomorrow.  My Grandma's cornbread stuffing, and a tapioca fruit salad that has been a favorite in my Mom's family for years. I made the cornbread, cut up the rest of the white bread to toast the croutons, and made the tapioca base for the fruit salad.  This is the first time my family has been together since my uncle's funeral in August of 2020.  I'm so excited, but not thrilled that I have a cold. :(  Voice is coming back slowly, and now I have the head stuff...blowing nose every 20 minutes or so.  

Planning to scrap a bit this afternoon.  Tonight's dinner will be smoked chicken thighs on DH's Traegar. I need some to include in the stuffing I am baking tomorrow!  

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, all!
Sounds like you had a busy, yet relaxing day. If that makes sense lol. I hope you feel better with that cold!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:18 pm

Wow you have been busy! Everything sounds so delicious!!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:56 pm

Laura this is so beautiful!

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

One more layout for me, today, for the October Table Setting Inspiration challenge. :)

Laura
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:53 pm
One more layout for me, today, for the October Table Setting Inspiration challenge. :)

Such a sweet layout!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”