Scrap a Day, November 26th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 842

Scrap a Day, November 26th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. It was really nice having DD and the kids back again. We had a great time together. By last night I was beat I cooked all day long. The only glitch was that I had bought a new roasting pan and after I got my turkey stuffed and prepped I went to put it in the oven and the roasting pan didn’t fit! Eeeeek! And I had already given my previous one away in a donation. I finally somehow got it in on an angle and was able to get the oven door to close. Couldn’t pull it out to baste the turkey so had to baste it while in the oven. But it worked out and the turkey came out good.

DH has an appointment for a blood test in about an hour, then when I get home I am shopping the Black Friday sale here! Can’t wait!

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image  Image  Image
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 919

Re: Scrap a Day, November 26th

Post by aheatfan »

There is always something right Barb?  I had my corn casserole in the oven for about ten minutes before I realized that the melted butter was still in the microwave. Took it out of the oven and added it and it was still good  😊  I too am beat today, all day cooking and just finished putting all of the Thanksgiving decor away. Shopped the ACOT sale and got some really great deals. For the first time in my life EVER I am not getting a real tree (too many tipped over trees).  My big 9 foot flocked tree just arrived rom Wayfair so hoping to get that up today. Let's see. Have a great Black Friday one and all. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1787

Post by emmapaige »

Good morning. We had a great day yesterday and my daughters and granddaughter helped tremendously. You would think I would have slept like a rock last night but I was basically awake all night. I think I fell asleep about 4:00 and slept till 8:30.  This morning I’m still in bed watching Hallmark Christmas movies enjoying my second cup of tea. We’ve decided to wait to go out next week to celebrate my birthday. Instead we will have yummy leftovers.

I also placed a Black Friday order this morning.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:04 am
Hey Cherries. Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. It was really nice having DD and the kids back again. We had a great time together. By last night I was beat I cooked all day long. The only glitch was that I had bought a new roasting pan and after I got my turkey stuffed and prepped I went to put it in the oven and the roasting pan didn’t fit! Eeeeek! And I had already given my previous one away in a donation. I finally somehow got it in on an angle and was able to get the oven door to close. Couldn’t pull it out to baste the turkey so had to baste it while in the oven. But it worked out and the turkey came out good.

DH has an appointment for a blood test in about an hour, then when I get home I am shopping the Black Friday sale here! Can’t wait!

Glad you able to fit the pan in the oven. Disaster avoided.

We had so many pans to reheat from our Wegmans catered dinner and not all could fit. Luckily I have a Ninja 5 in one appliance and one of the pans fit in perfectly.
Last edited by emmapaige on Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

traveler
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 466

Post by traveler »

We also had a nice day yesterday. Relatively little going on today, went for a walk and just hanging out. I'm not a big fan of thanksgiving food, so everyone else will have leftovers and I'll have something else. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

aheatfan wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:03 pm
There is always something right Barb?  I had my corn casserole in the oven for about ten minutes before I realized that the melted butter was still in the microwave. Took it out of the oven and added it and it was still good  😊  I too am beat today, all day cooking and just finished putting all of the Thanksgiving decor away. Shopped the ACOT sale and got some really great deals. For the first time in my life EVER I am not getting a real tree (too many tipped over trees).  My big 9 foot flocked tree just arrived rom Wayfair so hoping to get that up today. Let's see. Have a great Black Friday one and all. 

I doubt I’ll be putting away the Thanksgiving decor today. I’ll probably wait until tomorrow. I miss our larger Christmas trees but last year I bought a little tabletop tree from Wayfair. I used to really go all out decorating for Christmas but now not so much. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

trainmom wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:50 pm
We also had a nice day yesterday. Relatively little going on today, went for a walk and just hanging out. I'm not a big fan of thanksgiving food, so everyone else will have leftovers and I'll have something else. 

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I love the leftovers.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:

I got my dishwasher loaded up again and got it running and I'm shopping the awesome BF sale now! Enjoy your new tree. I'm not ambitious enough to put mine up yet. Maybe in a few days.

MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1328

Post by MTCanuk »

I am kind of having a down day. My fall decor can stay up another day and I will probably tackle it tomorrow.
We had a wonderful yummy Thanksgiving!!! And I put the turkey carcass in the crockpot and now have broth for soup. I love turkey leftovers, too!!!
Working on a couple of sewing projects for Christmas. They are almost done. Just need to get the binding on!

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:29 pm
Good morning. We had a great day yesterday and my daughters and granddaughter helped tremendously. You would think I would have slept like a rock last night but I was basically awake all night. I think I fell asleep about 4:00 and slept till 8:30.  This morning I’m still in bed watching Hallmark Christmas movies enjoying my second cup of tea. We’ve decided to wait to go out next week to celebrate my birthday. Instead we will have yummy leftovers.

I also placed a Black Friday order this morning.

Glad you had a great day. Happy Birthday!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
pawprints wrote:

Glad you able to fit the pan in the oven. Disaster avoided.

We had so many pans to reheat from our Wegmans catered dinner and not all could fit. Luckily I have a Ninja 5 in one appliance and one of the pans fit in perfectly. 

I that the Foodi 5 in 1 Grill? I have one and it is awesome! I can grill in it or air fry.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

trainmom wrote:

Glad you had a nice day. Omg I am so looking forward to leftovers. I am not cooking for DAYS!! Lol.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:12 pm
I am kind of having a down day. My fall decor can stay up another day and I will probably tackle it tomorrow.
We had a wonderful yummy Thanksgiving!!! And I put the turkey carcass in the crockpot and now have broth for soup. I love turkey leftovers, too!!!
Working on a couple of sewing projects for Christmas. They are almost done. Just need to get the binding on!

I feel the same way. The fall decor can stay up another day or two.

I am glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I always say I want to put the carcass in the crock pot but then by that point my kitchen is a mess and I am so done with cooking that I never bother. lol.

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1862

Post by mgehrke »

Hey Cherries - we had a wonderful Thanksgiving as DD#2 hosted at her new house. She was so excited to have us and some of her in-laws over. We all brought things for our feast, but they did the turkey (first one for both) and it turned out wonderful. Everything was amazing. I loved spending the day with all of them. It was Mazie's first Thanksgiving and she actually ate some turkey. She was so cute. The boys thought that the pies grandpa (DH) made was fun. He bought to matchbox trucks and put one on a pie. Then with Redi Whip, he put a long track behind the trucks that swirled around the pie. It made the truck look like it was doing burnouts on the pie. Of course the boys each got one of the trucks. 

Today I went out and did a little shopping as we wanted some icicle lights for the house this year and I needed a couple other things. Totally not thinking it was BlackFriday, but I did good. I also stopped and picked up my evergreen pots for the front porch. Now I'm home and have uploaded some LOs I've completed over the past few days. Now I have to get on making cards. I have 50 to make for work. These will all go out to our Meals on Wheels costumers. We now do this 4 times a year and I am loving making them. I have til Dec 6 to complete them, but I'm hoping to get them done today so then I can get back to my scrappy fun.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 57, 35 and 29) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (5) Sawyer (3) and Mazie (1).

Image ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3255

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hi cherries! Boy am I beat! I too cooked all day yesterday, including cleaned all morning. Draven was crazy hyper, Jasper was a sweet pea on the go, and li'l Wesley was a Mr. Fussy Pants. The food was good, despite my mashed cauliflower not coming out as "mashed". More like chunky. My brother and SIL got stuck in a horrible storm coming out to our house, so it took them longer. Plus a front blew in and dropped the temps almost 40 degrees (from 87 to 50). So the boys each had to be bundled up. I only did one load of dishes and crashed HARD and slept HARDER for 4 hours until Mr. Jackson decided to puke. In our bedroom. On our bed. Luckily, he puked on my fleece blanket and nothing seeped thru. So I cleaned that up, sprayed it with Spray 'N Wash and grabbed my other blanket and slept a few more hours until Shelby woke me up a little after 7. Got up, fed everyone, unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it up again, and washed anything that needs to be hand washed. Made breakfast, started a load of towels, showered and headed to our Wal-Mart where our local blood bank had a blood drive. I had a 10am appt. Took care of that, headed to HEB to get some basics as we were flat out - eggs, milk, OJ, green tea, bread, and salad stuff. While there, saw that they had buy one get one half off dog toys. So I got a couple and they even had their toys 25% off. Got one thing for Jasper, and 3 things for Draven. So I've officially started!

Got home, put everything away. Towels in dryer and my blanket in the washer. Ate lunch, unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it again. Started it. Again. Story of our lives after Thanksgiivng, am I right? LOL. Then I FINALLY hopped on here and OMGOODNESS! The Black Friday SALE is amazing! The bundles! The discounts. AMAZING! I ordered $500 worth of goodies and after points, gc's, and use of the promo code, out of pocket was $187! I saved $333! :greenlol: :greenlol: :greenlol:  My order is SO LARGE, when it gets delivered, it needs an "adult" signature. 😂 😂 😂 😂 Now to find an adult by the time my order arrives!

We are getting our new washer/dryer delivered tomorrow so as soon as I wrapped up my last load of laundry, DH unhooked and moved the old out. Woo-hoo!

Now its on to PetCo and Carter's websites to take care of the babies. Furry AND human!
Brandy Williams

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

mgehrke wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:28 pm
Hey Cherries - we had a wonderful Thanksgiving as DD#2 hosted at her new house. She was so excited to have us and some of her in-laws over. We all brought things for our feast, but they did the turkey (first one for both) and it turned out wonderful. Everything was amazing. I loved spending the day with all of them. It was Mazie's first Thanksgiving and she actually ate some turkey. She was so cute. The boys thought that the pies grandpa (DH) made was fun. He bought to matchbox trucks and put one on a pie. Then with Redi Whip, he put a long track behind the trucks that swirled around the pie. It made the truck look like it was doing burnouts on the pie. Of course the boys each got one of the trucks. 

Today I went out and did a little shopping as we wanted some icicle lights for the house this year and I needed a couple other things. Totally not thinking it was BlackFriday, but I did good. I also stopped and picked up my evergreen pots for the front porch. Now I'm home and have uploaded some LOs I've completed over the past few days. Now I have to get on making cards. I have 50 to make for work. These will all go out to our Meals on Wheels costumers. We now do this 4 times a year and I am loving making them. I have til Dec 6 to complete them, but I'm hoping to get them done today so then I can get back to my scrappy fun.
Oh those pies sound adorable! Glad you had such a wonderful day!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:14 pm
Hi cherries! Boy am I beat! I too cooked all day yesterday, including cleaned all morning. Draven was crazy hyper, Jasper was a sweet pea on the go, and li'l Wesley was a Mr. Fussy Pants. The food was good, despite my mashed cauliflower not coming out as "mashed". More like chunky. My brother and SIL got stuck in a horrible storm coming out to our house, so it took them longer. Plus a front blew in and dropped the temps almost 40 degrees (from 87 to 50). So the boys each had to be bundled up. I only did one load of dishes and crashed HARD and slept HARDER for 4 hours until Mr. Jackson decided to puke. In our bedroom. On our bed. Luckily, he puked on my fleece blanket and nothing seeped thru. So I cleaned that up, sprayed it with Spray 'N Wash and grabbed my other blanket and slept a few more hours until Shelby woke me up a little after 7. Got up, fed everyone, unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it up again, and washed anything that needs to be hand washed. Made breakfast, started a load of towels, showered and headed to our Wal-Mart where our local blood bank had a blood drive. I had a 10am appt. Took care of that, headed to HEB to get some basics as we were flat out - eggs, milk, OJ, green tea, bread, and salad stuff. While there, saw that they had buy one get one half off dog toys. So I got a couple and they even had their toys 25% off. Got one thing for Jasper, and 3 things for Draven. So I've officially started!

Got home, put everything away. Towels in dryer and my blanket in the washer. Ate lunch, unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it again. Started it. Again. Story of our lives after Thanksgiivng, am I right? LOL. Then I FINALLY hopped on here and OMGOODNESS! The Black Friday SALE is amazing! The bundles! The discounts. AMAZING! I ordered $500 worth of goodies and after points, gc's, and use of the promo code, out of pocket was $187! I saved $333! :greenlol: :greenlol: :greenlol:  My order is SO LARGE, when it gets delivered, it needs an "adult" signature. 😂 😂 😂 😂 Now to find an adult by the time my order arrives!

We are getting our new washer/dryer delivered tomorrow so as soon as I wrapped up my last load of laundry, DH unhooked and moved the old out. Woo-hoo!

Now its on to PetCo and Carter's websites to take care of the babies. Furry AND human!
Wow Brandy busy busy day for you! I loaded up my dishwasher again and that was it for the day for me. lol. I got my pots and pans done and my sink cleaned up last night and stacked everything that was left for the dishwasher for morning, then went up to bed and crashed. Lol. Only thing I haven't done yet is take the tablecloths off the tables and wash them. I've been parked in front of my computer for hours and hours. Placed my ACOT order too. Then on to other sites.

GinniG
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 66

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:

Barb, glad you had a good turkey day!  And OMG I'm glad you managed to avert the disaster!!!  Whew!  Hoping your DH gets good results from the blood test!!!

GinniG
Cherry Picker

Post by GinniG »

aheatfan wrote:

WOW that's a BIG tree!  :)  I would LOVE to have a 9 foot tree but not possible inside here.  In our new house I'll be able to have about 7 1/2 feet tall one though!  :)

Glad your corn casserole turned out well too!  Another disaster averted!  :)
GinniG
Cherry Picker

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:12 pm

So sorry you're having a down day!  :(  Hope your turkey soup turns out well!  And please share pictures of your sewing projects!  I hate sewing so I know how much work goes into hand sewn things!  And I really admire people who can and love to sew!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”