Scrap a Day, January 17th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3334

Scrap a Day, January 17th

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries! It's a cold and crisp day here, waking up to 33. We're expected to warm up to 75 though. LOL. At least our winds finally died down and the sun is out and shining! My client and her staff have the day off, so if I choose to work, I can get alot of stuff done. Last Thursday and Friday, I didn't hear a peep out of anyone. Thursday I finished the feature I started on Wednesday, and did a few more things, including what I was planning on working on Friday. Then on Friday, I ended up doing what I was planning on working on today. But tomorrow will be crazy busy with the PD in the Valley taking over officially for Corpus and Laredo. So maybe a day off today is what I need. I already needed some rest, as I slept in this morning by 2 hours. Felt great!

With everybody out of the office today, as soon as I get dressed, I'll be running some errands. PetCo to get the girls their hip/joint supplements and a few treats. For Christmas, they received some treats from a friend of mine. Brands that they normally don't eat. One, they LOVE them and two, inside the treats were coupons for MORE treats. So I'm planning on using those coupons. Then I'll head into town to Zales to get my rings cleaned. When DH bought my engagement ring back in 2005, they offered a Lifetime Warranty on it. Every 6 months, I have to take it in to get it inspected and cleaned, and if anything is wrong with it, like a diamond is lose, or something, they replace it. No questions asked. Same thing if it ever got stolen. My wedding ring is also covered too. It used to be every November and May, but due to COVID, back in 2020, they weren't doing inspections until January 2021. So my ring timeline got moved to January and July.

Yesterday I managed to get 3 layouts done for the Winter Crop. Can't wait to get more done. I'm glad we're getting TWO weekends to do them. I got 2 of them posted yesterday, then right as I finished my 3rd layout, I had to make dinner. So here is my layout for the Use it Up Challenge. I've had these Jillibean Soup Fur Fusion stickers furever (lol!) and it too me awhile to get them on the page. But it ended up turning out to be okay.

Shoot, after my errands, I might even scrap today! But first.....need to clean up that scrap table. I sure made a mess yesterday. 😂

Hope everyone has a great day!
Brandy Williams

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 378

Re: Scrap a Day, January 17th

Post by Flasher »

Love that layout, Brandy!  Hope your errands go smoothly!

Hey!  Hey!  Hey!  The weather people got it wrong!  We DID get snow!!!!  FINALLY!  I've got around 5 inches in my yard.  Twenty minutes to the east of me -- they got a foot or more!   It's been so long since we've seen snow like this!  It's so pretty and makes me happy!

My Walgreen's photo order came yesterday, so I've got 476 pictures to sort and date.  That should take up a lot of my day.

Have a great day!
My mind is like an internet browser - 19 tabs open, 3 of them are frozen, and I have no idea where the music is coming from. 

aheatfan
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1069

Post by aheatfan »

Happy MLK day. That is cold Brandy, glad you got to sleep in. I slept with the windows open last night and will again tonight.. that is not something we typically do in Miami for many reasons. It was about 58 this morning but will be in the high 40's tomorrow morning then that is probably it for us.  Need to run out and get some brown eggs for my MLK experiment tomorrow, then write some lesson plans then hope to do 2 more challenges. Have a great day Cherries  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 250

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Hello Cherries!

Good Morning!.
Brandy- I love that LO! Great way to use up the stickers! I haven't started on that challenge yet.

We got to close work early yesterday and what normally takes 8 minutes took about 20 LOL we only slid a few times! Yay! Sometimes when it's like that I just want to close my eyes- ONLY when I'm NOT the one driving! LOL

Just woke up early this morning for no reason lol gonna have my coffee and then get something scrappy started. I might read for a while first.. it's a good day to cuddle up with a good book!
I finished 2 of the winter crop challenges and posted them late last night. This is my year of challenges lol AND! BONUS! First, I contacted Freeprints and they're resending my order. THEN- cause you KNOW I'm a mess- I accidentally found the old pictures and cards I'd been looking for the past few weeks. Apparently, I'd put them in a clear box, but thought I'd put them in a photo box! 😂 I JUST kept looking for a red photo box!
So, I'm having some coffee with DGD- we're both off today- and we're gonna scrap!
Have a blessed day Everyone!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Bing

Laura wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:24 am

Hey!  Hey!  Hey!  The weather people got it wrong!  We DID get snow!!!!  FINALLY!  I've got around 5 inches in my yard.  Twenty minutes to the east of me -- they got a foot or more!   It's been so long since we've seen snow like this!  It's so pretty and makes me happy!

My Walgreen's photo order came yesterday, so I've got 476 pictures to sort and date.  That should take up a lot of my day.

Have a great day!

YAY! You got snow! AND 476 photos! LOL I probably need to get a thousand printed 😂
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Bing

aheatfan wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:26 am
Happy MLK day. That is cold Brandy, glad you got to sleep in. I slept with the windows open last night and will again tonight.. that is not something we typically do in Miami for many reasons. It was about 58 this morning but will be in the high 40's tomorrow morning then that is probably it for us.  Need to run out and get some brown eggs for my MLK experiment tomorrow, then write some lesson plans then hope to do 2 more challenges. Have a great day Cherries  😊

Kristin, I would soooo love to have your gorgeous Florida weather! :-)
I hope your experiment goes well- sounds intriguing! Good luck with lesson planning!
SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 39

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS »

LOVE THE LO BRANDY, BUT THEN AGAIN YOU ALWAYS DO A GREAT JOB ON YOUR LO'S.............. VALERIE
aheatfan
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1069

Post by aheatfan »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 am
Good morning cherries! It's a cold and crisp day here, waking up to 33. We're expected to warm up to 75 though. LOL. At least our winds finally died down and the sun is out and shining! My client and her staff have the day off, so if I choose to work, I can get alot of stuff done. Last Thursday and Friday, I didn't hear a peep out of anyone. Thursday I finished the feature I started on Wednesday, and did a few more things, including what I was planning on working on Friday. Then on Friday, I ended up doing what I was planning on working on today. But tomorrow will be crazy busy with the PD in the Valley taking over officially for Corpus and Laredo. So maybe a day off today is what I need. I already needed some rest, as I slept in this morning by 2 hours. Felt great!

With everybody out of the office today, as soon as I get dressed, I'll be running some errands. PetCo to get the girls their hip/joint supplements and a few treats. For Christmas, they received some treats from a friend of mine. Brands that they normally don't eat. One, they LOVE them and two, inside the treats were coupons for MORE treats. So I'm planning on using those coupons. Then I'll head into town to Zales to get my rings cleaned. When DH bought my engagement ring back in 2005, they offered a Lifetime Warranty on it. Every 6 months, I have to take it in to get it inspected and cleaned, and if anything is wrong with it, like a diamond is lose, or something, they replace it. No questions asked. Same thing if it ever got stolen. My wedding ring is also covered too. It used to be every November and May, but due to COVID, back in 2020, they weren't doing inspections until January 2021. So my ring timeline got moved to January and July.

Yesterday I managed to get 3 layouts done for the Winter Crop. Can't wait to get more done. I'm glad we're getting TWO weekends to do them. I got 2 of them posted yesterday, then right as I finished my 3rd layout, I had to make dinner. So here is my layout for the Use it Up Challenge. I've had these Jillibean Soup Fur Fusion stickers furever (lol!) and it too me awhile to get them on the page. But it ended up turning out to be okay.

Shoot, after my errands, I might even scrap today! But first.....need to clean up that scrap table. I sure made a mess yesterday. 😂

Hope everyone has a great day!
Such a cute layout  😊

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 818

Post by suewho372 »

Hi Cherries!!! I had completed another year end report.... a co worker and I were saying yeah those bank people get off work today.... well I went to mail my reports. DUH neither of us even thought about the post office being closed!! 🤣🤣🤣😂😂 but it was a nice little break !

Yesterday my big scrap plan did not happen I was so unmotivated and had no creative mojo after I got tires and got home. But it’s all good.

Hope you all have a great day!!!
Susan

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2016

Post by Art_Teacher »

Hey, all!  I'm trying to enjoy my day off, since it is MLK, Jr. Day.  We got snow last night, too! About 3 inches and Eliza loves it. Unfortunately, since we haven't got her trained off-leash, yet, I couldn't really take photos, because I am holding on to the crazy dog! LOL  

Have done a little scrapping and I'm going to try and get some things done for our musical and for school, because I didn't do anything for it this weekend...I just needed to rest!

Hope everyone else enjoys their day and has a great week!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
VickiR
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 632

Post by VickiR »

Love the LO, Brandy!  34 degrees here and very windy.  We had flurries, ice, rain, but now nothing.  The grass is green.  I'm going to play in my craft room!

CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1438

Post by CarrieG »

sunny breezy afternoon here.........not gonna complain cuz we have some more cold weather coming....grrrrrrrrr

i just have one kiddo today....so pretty easy day which is good becuz i am soooooooooooooo tired!
fixed my email prob this morning so im glad about that........

i have a layout i want to finish that i started last night.....so fingers crossed on that!

have a great monday all
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1915

Post by emmapaige »

Well, I drank a little too much wine while watching football yesterday and I paid for it during the night with tummy troubles.  I guess in a way it's best that my team lost yesterday, and I won't feel the need to start drinking at 3:00 pm!!

One of my neighbors stopped by (she is the one whose 13-year-old granddaughter is starting to scrap.  I gave her my entire stash of Shimelle.  I used to buy entire collections and I've just "outgrown" her stuff so at least I found a good home for the stash. 

I made two cards today.  One is for a DT assignment but this one I will be sending to my friend who is slowly recovering from Covid Pneumonia. 

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1915

Post by mgehrke »

Hey Cherries

I too have today off, but chose to give it to DH so he could go ice fishing. I picked up the kids this morning and have been having a great time with them. Now one is sleeping, one is playing games upstairs as DH is home now, and the other is in my scrappy room with me. We have a computer game that we both like to play, so we've been doing that for the past hour or so. Now he is playing a game on the iPad so I have my laptop back. 

I'm hoping to get some scrappy time in. I did 4 pages for the Winter Crop Challenges yesterday and boy did that feel good. I'm also working on the 25 Crop Items Challenge and am down to my last 10. I want to do more of the challenges for the crop, so I had better get going. I'm keeping the 5 year old over night today, so hopefully he will let me scrap. Tomorrow night I'm keeping the 3 year old, and he doesn't do well in my scrappy room. So I'm not sure if I'll get any scrappy time tomorrow other than on my lunch break. We shall see how things go.

Happy MLK Day to everyone. I hope you all enjoy your day!!
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 57, 35 and 29) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (5) Sawyer (3) and Mazie (1).

ImageImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Laura wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:24 am

Have a great day!
Enjoy your snow! And have fun getting those pics sorted and dated.

Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

aheatfan wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:26 am

Enjoy your day off.
Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:30 am
Hello Cherries!

Good Morning!.
Brandy- I love that LO! Great way to use up the stickers! I haven't started on that challenge yet.

We got to close work early yesterday and what normally takes 8 minutes took about 20 LOL we only slid a few times! Yay! Sometimes when it's like that I just want to close my eyes- ONLY when I'm NOT the one driving! LOL

Just woke up early this morning for no reason lol gonna have my coffee and then get something scrappy started. I might read for a while first.. it's a good day to cuddle up with a good book!
I finished 2 of the winter crop challenges and posted them late last night. This is my year of challenges lol AND! BONUS! First, I contacted Freeprints and they're resending my order. THEN- cause you KNOW I'm a mess- I accidentally found the old pictures and cards I'd been looking for the past few weeks. Apparently, I'd put them in a clear box, but thought I'd put them in a photo box! 😂 I JUST kept looking for a red photo box!
So, I'm having some coffee with DGD- we're both off today- and we're gonna scrap!
Have a blessed day Everyone!

Glad you made it to work and back home safely. And yay for finding your box of pictures!
Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:50 pm
LOVE THE LO BRANDY, BUT THEN AGAIN YOU ALWAYS DO A GREAT JOB ON YOUR LO'S.............. VALERIE

Thank you Valerie!
Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

suewho372 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:07 pm
Hi Cherries!!! I had completed another year end report.... a co worker and I were saying yeah those bank people get off work today.... well I went to mail my reports. DUH neither of us even thought about the post office being closed!! 🤣🤣🤣😂😂 but it was a nice little break !

Yesterday my big scrap plan did not happen I was so unmotivated and had no creative mojo after I got tires and got home. But it’s all good.

Hope you all have a great day!!!
😂 😂 Oh susan! Yeah, I had to remind DH that the PO is closed today

Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:58 pm
Hey, all!  I'm trying to enjoy my day off, since it is MLK, Jr. Day.  We got snow last night, too! About 3 inches and Eliza loves it. Unfortunately, since we haven't got her trained off-leash, yet, I couldn't really take photos, because I am holding on to the crazy dog! LOL  

Have done a little scrapping and I'm going to try and get some things done for our musical and for school, because I didn't do anything for it this weekend...I just needed to rest!

Hope everyone else enjoys their day and has a great week!

Glad Eliza enjoyed the snow
Brandy Williams

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”