Scrap a Day, October 8th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 842

Scrap a Day, October 8th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. It felt so good to sleep in today. Only thing I have going on today is to pick JJ up at preschool and drop her at home. The rest of the day is mine. I plan to get back to my layout and maybe even work in my memory planner.

Hope you all have a great day.

Image Image  Image  Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3233

Re: Scrap a Day, October 8th

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hi Barb. Glad you got some rest. I'll be able to sleep in tomorrow and Sunday.

DH is doing a lot better. He's got a cough, but he has his taste and smell back. No chills or Fever since Tuesday night. He has an appetite too. Me, my tummy is a little better. Just another bad allergy day today. Water eyes and sneezing for me.

Already picked up my groceries - did HEB curbside. First time. Great experience. I'll have to do it one more time next Friday until we break isolation. 

Just been super busy with emails. In 15 mins, I'll connect with my Dr for my televisit. Then back to work for me.

Have a great day everyone!
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 311

Post by Flasher »

Hello, Cherries!

Glad you DH is feeling better, Brandy!

Yay! to sleeping in, Barb!

Nothing going on here today.  I made Chili Dogs and French Fries for lunch.  My son's birthday is in a couple of weeks, so I'll probably get to wrapping gifts.  Supposed to storm later, but they're almost never right around here, so who knows!

Have a great day!
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 311

Post by Flasher »

OK, new plan!  Now I have to watch the video to TRY and learn how to crochet!
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 16

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS »

CROCHETING IS EASY YOU'LL LEARN QUICKLY.......... NOT MUCH GOING ON AROUND HERE EITHER.... IT'S SUPPOSE TO RAIN MOST OF THE DAY TODAY......... GOING TO OUR SMALL OCTOBER FEST TOMORROW..... TO SEE WHAT KINDS OF GOODIES I CAN PICK UP....

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND CHERRIES  😃 😃 😃

VALERIE
suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 785

Post by suewho372 »

Hi Cherries!!!

Busy week at work and today too! Just taking a little break and I will be leaving soon- no long day at least today ! Ha!

Barb I’m glad you got to sleep in! Whoo hoo!! Hope you are having fun playing!
Brandy that’s great news about your DH!!
Sorry about your tummy and allergies !

Laura and Valerie- I used to love to crochet! Made lots of blankets way back , lol!
My dd is coming down tomorrow so I am looking forward to that!!!!
Happy Friday I am looking forward to sleeping in a Couple days!!!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1753

Post by emmapaige »

After a couple of nights of poor sleep, I slept 12 hours last night.  The only reason I got up was that DH woke me because our cleaning ladies came today plus we had doctor appointments.  I wanted to shower and get ready before our ladies came.  On a good note, we got really good reports from our doctor and we both got our flu shots.  Now I need to make our booster shot appointments but not for two weeks. I'm working on a layout now and hope I can finish before time to make dinner.

Whoo Hoo - it's finally the weekend.  Oh who am I kidding, once we're retired, every day is the weekend!  (Sorry for all that are still working.)
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:51 am
Hey Cherries. It felt so good to sleep in today. Only thing I have going on today is to pick JJ up at preschool and drop her at home. The rest of the day is mine. I plan to get back to my layout and maybe even work in my memory planner.

Hope you all have a great day.

Glad you were able to sleep in and glad you have a day to yourself!!
** Chris **

ImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:02 pm

DH is doing a lot better. He's got a cough, but he has his taste and smell back. No chills or Fever since Tuesday night. He has an appetite too. Me, my tummy is a little better. Just another bad allergy day today. Water eyes and sneezing for me.

Already picked up my groceries - did HEB curbside. First time. Great experience. I'll have to do it one more time next Friday until we break isolation. 

Just been super busy with emails. In 15 mins, I'll connect with my Dr for my televisit. Then back to work for me.

I'm so happy that Rob is doing so much better and glad you tummy is a little better.  So sorry you both had to deal with this. 

** Chris **

ImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

Laura wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:08 pm
Hello, Cherries!

Glad you DH is feeling better, Brandy!

Yay! to sleeping in, Barb!

Nothing going on here today.  I made Chili Dogs and French Fries for lunch.  My son's birthday is in a couple of weeks, so I'll probably get to wrapping gifts.  Supposed to storm later, but they're almost never right around here, so who knows!

Have a great day!
Chili Dogs and French Fries sound yummy!!

** Chris **

ImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

Laura wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:10 pm
OK, new plan!  Now I have to watch the video to TRY and learn how to crochet!

I'm planning on watching tomorrow.  I know how to knit (but I really struggle) so I want to learn to crochet which I think might be easier. 
** Chris **

ImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

suewho372 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:46 pm
Hi Cherries!!!

Busy week at work and today too! Just taking a little break and I will be leaving soon- no long day at least today ! Ha!

Barb I’m glad you got to sleep in! Whoo hoo!! Hope you are having fun playing!
Brandy that’s great news about your DH!!
Sorry about your tummy and allergies !

Laura and Valerie- I used to love to crochet! Made lots of blankets way back , lol!
My dd is coming down tomorrow so I am looking forward to that!!!!
Happy Friday I am looking forward to sleeping in a Couple days!!!
Sounds like you have a perfect weekend planned!

** Chris **

ImageImage Image

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by emmapaige »

I got this one done that I had started yesterday.  It's for the October Pick a Day.

** Chris **

ImageImage Image

JAire
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 603

Post by JAire »

I'm happy to read you Cherries are doing better! I had to go to the grocery store since we were out of milk. I've been making a "Never ending" card. So addictive! Got the base done and now to decide what I put in the sections. I'm going with a Fall theme. My cards are the only "Fall" I get to enjoy here in Florida - lol
ImageJoyce Ann
ImageImageImageImage
suewho372
Cherry Cropper

Post by suewho372 »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:03 pm
I got this one done that I had started yesterday.  It's for the October Pick a Day.

Oooo!!! It’s so pretty! And the chili 🌶 looks great! Love that the recipe is on it too!
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Cropper

Post by suewho372 »

JAire wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:26 pm
I'm happy to read you Cherries are doing better! I had to go to the grocery store since we were out of milk. I've been making a "Never ending" card. So addictive! Got the base done and now to decide what I put in the sections. I'm going with a Fall theme. My cards are the only "Fall" I get to enjoy here in Florida - lol

Ha ha ! But that’s ok - as you sound like you are enjoying it! Can’t wait to see the card!
Susan

aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 876

Post by aheatfan »

blbabe1234 wrote:

I've been gone a few days, crazy busy at work but sorry to hear your husband was sick. Glad he is doing better, you too. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 48

Post by GinniG »

Glad to hear all seem to be getting better!  As for allergies, I can totally relate!  Hope you don't have to suffer much longer! 

What a fun chili layout!  I love that you have the recipe and a picture with it.  And your title is fabulous!

I'm anxiously awaiting word from the clinic in Anchorage to find out when I need to go up and do the test...  Meanwhile I'm just trying to get through the days as best I can.  I slept most of the day today.  :(  But I managed to print a bunch of pictures for layouts/sketches I've had sitting on my table for awhile.  And I made salmon patties with rice and peas for dinner.  Yummy!  So I feel like I actually got something accomplished today. 

Otherwise, still raining but hasn't gotten as cold as they though it would.  Whew!  I was NOT ready for freezing temps every night just yet.  :)  But we've already had our first frost.  Thank goodness hubby got my tulip bulbs planted a week before!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:20 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:

I'm so happy that Rob is doing so much better and glad you tummy is a little better.  So sorry you both had to deal with this. 

Thank you Chris. I'm just glad everything has been minimal with Rob. And I'm feeling ALOT better this morning too. Stomach isn't an issue and as of 3pm yesterday, my headache turned into a migraine. So I was a real hot mess. LOL. But I took a melatonin last night and that really helped. I haven't been sleeping well this week. And Rob slept much better last night too. He is looking, sounding and feeling alot better today. He has a slight cough, but nothing compared to what it was on Tues/Wed.

Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

aheatfan wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:21 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:

I've been gone a few days, crazy busy at work but sorry to hear your husband was sick. Glad he is doing better, you too. 

Thank you Kristen. He actually tested positive for COVID on Wednesday. And yes he is vaccinated (2nd shot end of April). He went to bed with a fever and said his body ached Tuesday night. I made him sleep in the guest bedroom and take everything he needed and for him to use the hall bathroom too.Wed morning, he still didn't feel good so I texted him from my office -- GO GET TESTED. Once he left, I sprayed LYSOL EVERYWHERE. Glad he did because, yes, he was positive for COVID. Dr gave him meds. Once I heard that, I left to go get tested. I'm negative and I'm also negative for the FLU (both Type A and B!). The dr asked about my life style and he thinks that might work in my favor: I drink plenty of water, 50% of my diet is fresh fruits/vegetables, I exercise (either walking or biking or yoga). I already take a multi-vitamin and drink OJ every morning and eat pineapple every day. DH.....he's hit/miss with those things. More miss.  Anyways, I'm having to self-isolate too. Thank goodness I work from home. 

I've got us both on a cocktail of vitamins - Zinc, Vitamin B, C, D. Making sure he's getting plenty of water. Luckily its been really nice outside here this week (humidity is going to be brutal this weekend though), so I have him getting fresh air too. 

Tues/Wed was the worse of it for him. But by Thursday, he was sneezing less, felt less run down just a cough. Yesterday still had cough but felt well rested. Today, cough is even less and he slept even better. He's got an appetite too. His sense of smell/taste came back yesterday. 

My issues have been allergies. And then my stomach got all tipsy turvy on Wednesday. Ugh. Finally feeling much better in that dept. Its probably because of everything this week - stomach full of allergy meds, DH having COVID, work was chaotic and I feel like I can't get ahead, not sleeping well, etc. But I'm hoping this weekend, I can get my body reset, and feeling 100% by Monday because I'm going to need it! 
Brandy Williams

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”