| Quickie Pre Christmas Gift posted Nov 11, 2011|
View My Gallery (349)
View My Product Reviews
View My Posts (7421)
View My Bio
This is the make n take I am doing for the Holiday Event at the lss. Each pin takes about ten minutes (more if you paint the paper or add glitter to Santa's beard.).
You need: Memory Glass, gold or copper foil tape, a transparency or other clear plastic and pin backs.
1. stamp a holiday image onto the transparency. StayzOn works best. Color in the image using Lumiere paints, Smooch, Stickles or colored pencils.
2. Place the stamped image over pattern holiday paper to find a design that does not obscure the stamped image. You can additionally enhance the papers pattern with inks and paints as well. Be sure to allow these to dry. Use the glass as a template and cut the paper to size.
3. Place the stamped transparent image over the pattern paper. Place the glass piece on top of these. Trim any excess paper or transparency that sticks out beyond the glass.
4. Cut a piece of the foil tape long enough to go all around the glass. Center it on one corner of the assembled pin and pull off the backing of the tape only as far as you need. Ease this along the edges of the glass until it surrounds all four sides. Press into place on top, back and front.
5. To get the 'soldered' appearance, use your finger nails to gently push the tape back towards the edges. Attache the pin back and voila! A cute pin to give as a gift to others or yourself.