Upcoming Live Classes on our Facebook Page:
(Fridays at 4 pm Eastern)
Whether you are new to painting or a seasoned pro, you will love how these new Ken Oliver products work to make a beautiful mixed media painting.
In this class, we are scrapping a 12x12 page with a Becky Fleck sketch! Each week we have a Becky Fleck Sketch Challenge in our gallery/message board. If you complete the sketch with us you can enter to win 1000 Cherry Points! Here's the sketch:
Grab your favorite scrapbooking supplies and scrap along with us!
Here are the items that we used:
- Industrial Stamperia Rice Paper Sheet
- Fish Stamperia Rice Paper Sheet
- Mechanical Dreams Chipboard Diecut
- Transparent Gloss - Texture Paste
- Matte Multi Medium
- Vintage Gold Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique Wax
- Finnabair Metallique Wax - Firebird
- Prussian Blue - Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylics
- Ochre - Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylics
- Crimson - Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylics
- Art Ingredients - Melange Diamond Art Pebbles
- Black - Bazzill Chipboard Sheet
- Little One Collection Pack - Photoplay
- Little One Solids + Paper Pack
- Little One 6x8 Stamp Rainbows
- Little One Ephemera
- Kitsch Flamingo Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad
- Kitsch Flamingo Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray
- Kitsch Flamingo Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Glaze
- Ranger Letter It Embossing Ink Pad
- Ranger Letter It Medium Pen Set
- Journal Book Binding Punch Guide
We will be making some Valentine's Day cards for your partner, mother, best friend, or whoever you want to show some extra love to this Valentine's Day. We will be going over some different watercolor techniques to make your card one of a kind!
Let's make a book! We'll show you how fun and easy making different style books are by using the Journal Book Binding Punch Guide by We R Memory Keepers. These books make great journals, sketchbooks, planners, scrapbooks, and much more.
Have some papers pre-cut to size so we can get to the tricky part, which is the binding. Anything smaller than 9" works. You can make your book as thick as you would like, but keep in mind that the thicker it gets, the harder it becomes to sew.
Step up your embossing game by adding in mixed media elements! In this class, we will go over a range of mixed media techniques to make your embossing pieces one of a kind. We are using all water-soluble mediums so your embossing folders will not get ruined.
Items needed: embossing folder, die-cut or embossing machine, mixed media or watercolor paper, powdered pigment (we are using ColorSparx), watercolor paints, glossy accents or other water-soluble glue, foil, distress oxide ink pad, acrylic paint, wax, distress crayons, embossing powder, embossing dabber, palette knife
Paint pouring is a form of abstract painting where instead of using paintbrushes you pour paint right onto the canvas. We will be using Color Pour paint which is perfect as it is pre-mixed with a pouring medium for optimal flow and amazing results. This is a fun painting technique for both beginners and pros!
In this class, we are scrapping 12x12 layouts using a Becky Fleck sketch! Each week we have a Becky Fleck Sketch Challenge on our message board and gallery. If you complete the sketch with us you can enter to win 1000 Cherry Points! It's so fun to see everyone's interpretation of it! Grab your favorite scrapbooking supplies and scrap along with us! Here are the items that we used:
- Vicki Boutin Storyteller 12x12 paper pad
- Storyteller stencil
- Storyteller tags
- Vicki Boutin prism glaze
- Silver glamour paste
- Star blue glamour gel
- Echo Park enamel dots
- Winter Market ephemera
Come hang out and create along with Jess and Rachel as they show how to make unique and beautiful paintings with alcohol ink! In this class they go through several techniques including dripping, using saran wrap and wax paper, glitter and foil, and more!
Items needed to follow along:
- alcohol inks (we used Tim Holtz, Brea Reese, and Marabu)
- rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol, 91% or higher)
- blending solution
- yupo paper
- alcohol ink air blower
- small paintbrush, mister spray bottle
A beautiful handmade tag makes a gift even more special! In this class, we will be playing with a handful of mixed media products to create layered unique tags.
Optional: ribbon, twine, ephemera, washi tape
Learn how to make beautiful holiday cards! Using thick paper we will layer up sprays on the background and then we will make beautiful unique trees in the foreground with acrylic paint.
Our in-person classes are on hold for now due to Covid. Have a class idea? Let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org