Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
Guess what I did? LASIX SURGERY!!!!!!!! :inlove: I had my eye done yesterday afternoon and am back at work (wearing shades, of course)! I had one eye done (monovision) because I have great close up vision (no reading glasses needed) and if they fixed both for distance, than I would have to wear reading glasses for all close up work (computer, scrapping), so they do 1 eye and the brain retrains the eyes to work together to see both near and far without glasses!!
There was a monitor outside the room and my niece was able to take a video of the procedure! I'm going to upload it on You Tube as soon as I find my camera cord.



In other news, we are doing the big "electronic move" today for my work office. We are moving to another suite in the building and EVERYTHING is moved except the 3 computers. It was supposed to be done last week while I was on vacation, but the lines were not in right and they couldn't move our computers. Soooooo, it's kind of a big day here at Sparks Insurance! I'm so excited! We're going from a crappy, over stuffed, messy, cluttered office to a new, bright, fresh space! I get a nicebig office too! :-D (don't tell my boss, but it's bigger than his!!) :winkb:



Everyone have a wonderful day and I'm going to try and peek at a few posts before they shut us down!!!
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
User avatar

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
So happy for you and the Lasix!!! I want it so badly! I can only imagine what it is like being able to see without glasses or contacts. I'll bet you are so happy now.

Good luck with the move!!! Keep us posted! :-D
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/


ImageImage
User avatar

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
So glad it turned out well. I was thinking about you after your post about planning to get it done.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image
 
User avatar

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
very cool on the lasik! Good luck with the move today and enjoy your new office
User avatar

bigsmartass

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a great week! I'd love to get that done sometime.
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them
User avatar

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
What wonderful news! I've looked into it, but just haven't taken the plunge.


Good luck on the move!
Laurie
Image
 
User avatar

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
For those considering Lasix, DO NOT FEAR!!!! It was so easy! And quick! And I can SEE!!!! It's amazing. My eye was irritated yesterday afternoon for a few hours and that was it. I was watching tv last night and couldn't believe I didn't need my glasses to see it! I could even read the small print on the bottom of the ads.
Also, most insurance offers some discount on the procedure. I have Care First/Blue Cross and they paid 15% of the bill. Plus, they run a lot of promo's at the lasix places. My procedure (for the one eye) was $1695. and I got interest free loan (through them) for 24 months. So, it's not as bad as you would think. I highly recommend it! :-D
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
User avatar

jodcold

Cherry Garcia

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on the surgery, I am sure it will be wonderful to see without glasses. Good luck on your office move, sounds like a great change!
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)


Image Image Image


User avatar

koala1966

Cherry Delight

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations, good luck on the move.
User avatar

BeatrizS

Cherry Bomb

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
Isnt it the best thing in the world.. I had my eyes done 2 years ago and it was the best thing i have ever spent money on. Congrats on the new office!
Image
User avatar

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
I took the Lasik plunge 5 years ago after wearing contacts for over 30 years. What a joy! Good luck with the office move.


Lynda
User avatar

terri04

Cherry Bing

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
congrats on the surgery, glad it went well. good luck on the move, have fun...
User avatar

NJTheresa

Cherry Cola

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
that is soooo cool. I wish i were brave enough to do that
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

jody01

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
My Brother had the surgery said it was a pretty simple procedure and now he sees without glasses:-D I am so happy for you!!
ImageImage
User avatar

Heidi1154

Cherry Bomb

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations on being able to see!!!
Good luck with the move!
Image

ImageImageImageImageImage


Image
User avatar

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
Glad it went so well for you.
Image
User avatar

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah!!! That is great.
ImageImage
User avatar

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
So glad the procedure went so well!
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
User avatar

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
How wonderful about the eye surgery and I hope the move goes well too!
User avatar

allysonc

Cherry Cola

Re: I can SEE, I can SEE!!!!!!!!!!
Wow that is fantastic balto! I haven't talked to you in ages girl. How's everything going? My mom really wants to get that surgery done too.. Good luck with all your moving/job stuff. :)


Ally :)
Ally
Post Reply

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee