I have a bunch of old home movies from the 1970s that I'd like to have put onto dvds. Have any of you had experience with a service that does this? I think I've narrowed it down to ScanCafe or ScanDigital, but I'd like to hear from someone with first-hand experience. Opinions? Thanks!
Lisa

I don't have any experience with the 2 companies you listed but last year my mom had all of our old reel to reel movies from the 70's transferred over to DVD. I know it was very expensive, we had alot of footage. But, what a treasure that DVD is. We lost my dad and it is some great memories we had as children with my parents. My mom had 5 copies of the DVD made and I think altogether she paid $400. He put music to somewhat match the footage and it was amazing. We went through a local guy.
***Tanya***

I, too, had this done with some of my parents' old reels. Back then they were transferred onto VHS tapes. Yes, it was a bit pricey (I want to guess about $300 at that time)...but I know my parents appreciated it. Also, used someone local.
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

I would tend to suggest going local, too - and make sure it is somebody who is going to do it locally and not just send it out. I've had problems getting old negatives scanned to DVDs - mainly that nobody wiped the negatives first!!
We bought a digital video camera when they first came out a million years ago and have several crates of old tapes. Some have a full reel and others are only partial. A lot of it is just crap but some are really funny and full of memories. I guess I should have them transferred to DVDs too. Any suggestions? This is so out of my comfort zone.AnnOminous wrote:I would tend to suggest going local, too - and make sure it is somebody who is going to do it locally and not just send it out. I've had problems getting old negatives scanned to DVDs - mainly that nobody wiped the negatives first!!
Bibi
let us know how they turn out as i am also needing to get ours done!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old"
(turkish proverb)

(turkish proverb)
Information
Moderators





