Skip to main content
Just landed Fresh arrivals this week : Amber Ledgers, Pinkfresh Festive Fun, Honey Bee Acorn & Ember, and more! Shop New →
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2 *WINNER
The randomly drawn winner of this challenge is JaelLuvs2create!  PM me with your snail mail address so I can send you a little prize.

You might've guessed from my survey that challenge #2 is a recipe challenge. :)  So, if you didn't answer the survey, yet, you need to go to this post and answer before scrolling down.  Taking a survey - ACOT Message Board





Did you answer?





No peeking....












Okay, for challenge #2, use the items that correspond with your survey answers.  That will be the recipe for your layout. :)   For the embellishments, I want you to use at least 3 of your items.  You may use additional items, but must use those that your recipe calls for.


This summer will be epic because (answer only 1):

     A. I'm going on a great trip.  -   Use a map/map paper as your background  (if you don't have any, you definitely could download one or draw a map on a piece of plain cardstock.  :greenwinkb: )
     B. I'm going to stay home and enjoy my own home.  - Use a background paper that is the color of one of the walls in your home - plain cardstock only
     C. I will complete a major project I have been wanting to do.  - Use a background paper that is patterned with some sort of construction material (wood grain, bricks, stone, stucco, etc.)
     D. I will recharge, relax, and rejuvenate myself.  Use a background paper that is soothing - cool tones & soft pastels, (blues, greens, violets, soft greys - no bright or warm colors)
     E. I will spend it with loved ones.  Use a background paper that is warm tones (reds, yellows, oranges, browns).

The summer weather where I live is (answer only 1):

     A.  hot and humid  -  Use only 1 photo
     B.  hot and dry   - Use 2 photos
     C.  cool and comfortable - Use 3 photos
     D.  wet and rainy - Use 4 photos
     E.  perfect most of the time - Choose how many photos you want to use

My favorite summer things are (choose 3 or more):

     A.  ice cream/frozen treats   - Add bling/sparkles
     B.  water activities/pool/lake/ocean - Add spray mists or Nuvo drops
     C.  all the flowers/plants   - Add flowers/leaves
     D.  lightweight clothing  - Add sheer ribbons or lace
     E.  outdoor concerts - Add music-related embellishments (notes, instruments, sheet music, etc.)
     F.  the food/BBQ/cookouts/food trucks - Add metal embellishments
     G. the relaxed atmosphere - Use white space (at least 50% of your layout)
     H.  exercising outdoors  -   Add wooden or chipboard embellishments
      I.  fairs and festivals - Use flags or a banner

Rules:
You will have until midnight, June 8 to upload your layout in the gallery spot I've provided to be entered in the prize drawing.
Must be a new layout.
CANNOT be combined with other challenges, except those with multiple prompts such as the Bi-monthly, Team, and 100 Paper challenges.
5 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
E. I will spend it with loved ones.  Use a background paper that is warm tones (reds, yellows, oranges, browns).
A. hot and humid  -  Use only 1 photo
A. ice cream/frozen treats   - Add bling/sparkles
C. all the flowers/plants   - Add flowers/leaves
G. the relaxed atmosphere - Use white space (at least 50% of your layout)
 
    ImageImage
User avatar

GinniG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
Oh my! This is a tricky one! lol! Construction and lace of ribbon… hmmm… 😚
 C. I will complete a major project I have been wanting to do.  - Use a background paper that is patterned with some sort of construction material (wood grain, bricks, stone, stucco, etc.) E.  perfect most of the time - Choose how many photos you want to use      C.  all the flowers/plants   - Add flowers/leaves     D.  lightweight clothing  - Add sheer ribbons or lace     G. the relaxed atmosphere - Use white space (at least 50% of your layout)

The black background paper is a grid and all the other patterned papers are construction themed.  I chose 2 pictures, stamped flowers, and added sheer orange ribbon at the top right corner.   

Image

Image
Image
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
Here is my recipe - looks good! And luckily...the ONE color Nuvo drops I have are light blue - perfect LOL!


     D. I will recharge, relax, and rejuvenate myself.  Use a background paper that is soothing - cool tones & soft pastels, (blues, greens, violets, soft greys - no bright or warm colors)
    
     A.  hot and humid  -  Use only 1 photo
     
     A.  ice cream/frozen treats   - Add bling/sparkles (epoxy "water drops")
     B.  water activities/pool/lake/ocean - Add spray mists or Nuvo drops (blue on the stars and the title card)
     G. the relaxed atmosphere - Use white space (at least 50% of your layout)

Here is my layout. And totally coincidentally the humidity has a part in the photo, bling, and journaling LOL!
Image
     
1 user liked this post:
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
Whew! I can live with my answers ... yayyyy!
1 user liked this post:
Image  ImageImage
User avatar

FoxyStamping

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
I don't really care for my recipe! LOL
They don't seem to go together. I will come up with something.

Use map
2 photos
bling, flowers or leaves/ wood or chipboard
Sharon
Blog: Foxy Stamping
  Image                    Image            
User avatar

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
The white space will be hard for me, but the rest will be easier.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar

jordanbev5

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
This summer will be epic because (answer only 1):
     A. I'm going on a great trip.-Use a map/map paper as your background 
 The summer weather where I live is (answer only 1):
     A.  hot and humid-1 photo
My favorite summer things are (choose 3 or more):
     B.  water activities/pool/lake/ocean-Sprays or Nuvo drops
     D.  lightweight clothing--Add sheer ribbons or lace
     G. the relaxed atmosphere-50% white space
Wildlife too
ImageImageImage
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
FoxyStamping wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 01, 2026 8:41 pm
I don't really care for my recipe! LOL
They don't seem to go together. I will come up with something.

Use map
2 photos
bling, flowers or leaves/ wood or chipboard

You can use other papers, along with the map...it is just meant to be the background. Also, you can use other embellishments.
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
oceanbreezes423 wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 01, 2026 9:53 pm
The white space will be hard for me, but the rest will be easier.
It's always hard for me, too. That's why it's a challenge! ;)
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
GinniG wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 01, 2026 2:50 pm
Oh my! This is a tricky one! lol! Construction and lace of ribbon… hmmm… 😚
 C. I will complete a major project I have been wanting to do.  - Use a background paper that is patterned with some sort of construction material (wood grain, bricks, stone, stucco, etc.) E.  perfect most of the time - Choose how many photos you want to use      C.  all the flowers/plants   - Add flowers/leaves     D.  lightweight clothing  - Add sheer ribbons or lace     G. the relaxed atmosphere - Use white space (at least 50% of your layout)

Contrasting textures can work very well together! ;)  
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

FoxyStamping

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 02, 2026 10:03 am
FoxyStamping wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 01, 2026 8:41 pm
I don't really care for my recipe! LOL
They don't seem to go together. I will come up with something.

Use map
2 photos
bling, flowers or leaves/ wood or chipboard

You can use other papers, along with the map...it is just meant to be the background. Also, you can use other embellishments. 

I have actually come up with something! :)
1 user liked this post:
Sharon
Blog: Foxy Stamping
  Image                    Image            
User avatar

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
This summer will be epic because (answer only 1):

     C. I will complete a major project I have been wanting to do.
Use a background paper that is patterned with some sort of construction material (wood grain, bricks, stone, stucco, etc.)

The summer weather where I live is (answer only 1):

     A.  hot and humid
Use only 1 photo
      
My favorite summer things are (choose 3 or more):

      B.  water activities/pool/lake/ocean
Add spray mists or Nuvo drops

     C.  all the flowers/plants
Add flowers/leaves

     D.  lightweight clothing
Add sheer ribbons or lace

     G. the relaxed atmosphere
Use white space (at least 50% of your layout)
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
Image 
Image
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

 
User avatar

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
I had cool tones and pastels. I used mint green, lavender and soft blues.
Use 1 photo, and for my 3 choices, Nuvo drops, flowers, leaves and  also did 50% white space.

Image
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar

FoxyStamping

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
Thank you!  You inspired me to finally scrap a page!

  I remembered that I had this paper from Echo Park that I ordered in my last order just to bring my total up for the next lever to use 1000 more cherries!  Glad I did, it was perfect!  My journaling will be on a companion page.
So my recipe was to use ;

 A. I'm going on a great trip.  -   Use a map/map paper as your background  (Kansas)
 B.  hot and dry   - Use 2 photos  (2 photos)

C My favorite summer things are (choose 3 or more):
A.  ice cream/frozen treats   - Add bling/sparkles  ( rhinestones at Wichita, Independence & on bottom photo at top.)
C.  all the flowers/plants   - Add flowers/leaves 9Sunflowers, leaves) 
H.  exercising outdoors  -   Add wooden or chipboard embellishments      (Chipboard arrow, heart, wood butterfly)


Kansas : Gallery : A Cherry On Top


Image
1 user liked this post:
Sharon
Blog: Foxy Stamping
  Image                    Image            
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
This summer will be epic because (answer only 1):
     I will complete a major project I have been wanting to do. ( I am counting a new knee as a major project)
     
The summer weather where I live is (answer only 1):
     hot and humid
    
My favorite summer things are (choose 3 or more):
     A.  ice cream/frozen treats
     B.  water activities/pool/lake/ocean
    G. the relaxed atmosphere

Image
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

Scrapqueen141

Cherry Bomb

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
Image
This summer will be epic because:   
  I'm going on a great trip. - Map
    
The summer weather where I live is (answer only 1):
hot and dry - Use 2 photos
  
My favorite summer things are (choose 3 or more):
the food/BBQ/cookouts/food trucks - Add metal embellishments - circle metal paper clips
ice cream/frozen treats - Add bling/sparkles - stickles
the relaxed atmosphere -- Use white space (at least 50% of your layout)
Image            ImageImageImageImage
Scrapbooking reminds us that life is good!
💖
User avatar

Sharman Paulus .

Cherry Bing

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
A Map Background
D 4 photos
A Bling/SparklesImageflowers and spray mist
User avatar

MTCanuk

Cherry Cropper

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
     B. I'm going to stay home and enjoy my own home.
      

The summer weather where I live is (answer only 1):
   B.  hot and dry

My favorite summer things are (choose 3 or more):

     A.  ice cream/frozen(the best is stopping for a huckleberry milk shake on the way to visit my DD)
     C.  all the flowers/plants
     D.  lightweight clothing
     H.  exercising outdoors

 Image 
 B - BG paper- color of a wall at home( bedroom lt. blue)
B - 2 photos
A-add bling C - flowers/ leaves
D - sheer ribbon H-chipboard
The key and circles are chipboard i covered and distressed 
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

 
User avatar

lisn2cats

Cherry Bomb

Re: MMC - June 1 - Challenge #2
My prompts were:
Cool tone/pastel background
1 photo
Spray mist/Nuvo
Flowers/Leaves
Flages/Banners 
Metal embellishment
Image
Image  ImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee