Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '12! UPDATED WITH WINNER!
I admit it. I have loved sketches since I first started scrapping. It's so much easier to have a little bit of a starting point for a layout for me when I don't have to do it all, particularly when I have 6 kids I'm scrapping about! When I dipped my toes into the digital scrapping world, I discovered templates....sketches for the digital age! I have amassed an awesome collection of templates, and use them as a starting point on a regular basis. Often my layout doesn't turn out to resemble the template at all, but it's a starting point and it is easier for me than staring at a blank canvas, or a blank computer screen in this case.

So...I'd like to offer an oldie but a goodie! Remember the DigiDoable challenge? It's bbaaaccccckkkkkk!!!!!!!!

Rules (doncha hate these things?):

* Paper and digital scrappers alike can play, as can card makers. If you are scrapping with paper, simply use the template as a sketch. If you are a digi scrapper, the use is obvious. If you wish to make a card, then again, use the template as a sketch guide.
* This must be a new project, no combining of challenges. I want you to get your scrapping done!
* Projects must be posted here, in this forum, the Cherry's Court....oh wait, that's another show. Ok.....projects must be posted in thsi thread, because there is no gallery for them.
* Your entry must be posted by 11:59 pm on October 31 to be eligible for a random drawing for a prize (not sure what it will be yet, but there will be something! lol).
* Most of all....HAVE FUN!!!!


This is the template we are working with this month...again, use it as template, or use it as a sketch. Either way, I'm sure your work will be beautiful!
Image
And can be found here.... http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/digita ... 20Template


Here is my layout done with this template. (For those of you who don't know me well yet, I have a little bit of a warped sense of humor, and yes, this layout announces the "adoption" of Shmouse. You should see the original layout that triggered this theme, called "we gather", but that's another story lol. PM me if you want details!). It's an oldie but a goodie layout on my part as well.
Image


Enjoy! Any questions, post them here, because someone else might have the same question you do!




EDITED: Courtesy of random.org, the winner is Lindsay! Congrats, and your gift will be on its way next Friday (sorry but I can't do it before then).
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.
 
User avatar

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
Hee! I remember that LO. :-D

Looks good, thanks!
Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
Awesome Nancy. Glad that paper gals can play too. :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
I remember that LO! Now it is back! Great template, too.
Bibi
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
I wasn't here for this back then, but the sketch is great-- thanks for hosting another challenge for us!!!
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
I too remember your LO and the story behind it. Great challenge.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 61, 39 and 33) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (8) Sawyer (6) and Mazie (4).

ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
I have really missed the digi dos!!! Thank you!!!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
Image
Image
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
User avatar

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
Can't wait to see all the interpretations of this one...I'm working on another one too!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.
 
User avatar

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
ImageSilvia Romeo
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
Image
Image
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
User avatar

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
MimaScraps wrote:ImageSilvia Romeo
Very nice Lori! He's growing so very fast....doesn't seem possible he's a little man already!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.
 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
MimaScraps wrote:ImageSilvia Romeo

This is gorgeous! Love the colors.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
I love this template...so much that I wanted to do another. This one shows you can add photos, and get an entirelly different look with diffferent numbers of photos and different kits!
Image
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.
 
User avatar

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
I used this digi-doable as a sketch.


Image
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]




 
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
Retiree3 wrote:I used this digi-doable as a sketch.


Image

This is fabulous Donna. Love it!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
Retiree3 wrote:I used this digi-doable as a sketch.


Image
Great work Donna...love the fussy cutting of the paper!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.
 
User avatar

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
Here's mine
Image
User avatar

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
I had some mojo left from the other challenge so here's my challenge entry for this one LOL

Image

Thanks for bringing this challenge back!
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Image
User avatar

Lindsay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
Templates are my friends!!! Thanks for the great template, helped me get over my hurdle for tackling this one.
Image
User avatar

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
txbelle26 wrote:I had some mojo left from the other challenge so here's my challenge entry for this one LOL

Image

Thanks for bringing this challenge back!
Love this! Those will be my son's school colors when he switches schools next year, and I wasn't sure how I was going to work with them. Thanks for a great example!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.
 
User avatar

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: An oldie but a goodie....Digi-Doable Challenge for Oct '
Lindsay wrote:Templates are my friends!!! Thanks for the great template, helped me get over my hurdle for tackling this one.
Image
I love templates too, and this one is a fun one, in my humble opinion lol. And I LOVE your layout! Terrific how you have the Grinch peeking out from between the layers...very cool!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.
 
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee