Skip to main content
Just landed Fresh arrivals this week : Amber Ledgers, Pinkfresh Festive Fun, Honey Bee Acorn & Ember, and more! Shop New →
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

September/October Graphic Design Challenge *WINNERS*
So… it is nice to know that I am not the only one who waits for no one to be around and then goes through all the packages of tissues to see which ones have the most of the patterns that I like. Lol. I thought I was the only one that did that! It was fun seeing the many different ways that you all were inspired by these tissue box patterns, and I loved all the creativity that they sparked. I had so many entries that I am going to pick 3 winners instead of 2!

Winners, all chosen using Random.org, are:

Winner #1…
#36 QueenBee89

Winner #2…
#4 traveler

Winner #3…
#15 Jolly Holly Scraps

Congratulations to Brandi, Louise, and Holly! I have ordered your gift cards!

Thank you to everyone that participated!

 


I love when I see a great and inspiring graphic design on packaging, and I have been loving the designs that Kleenex has been putting on their tissue boxes. I buy the big bulk package of their tissues at Costco, and I'm all about picking the package that has most of my favorite designs in it. I get inspired every time I pull a tissue from a pretty box.

So for this challenge I choose 6 Kleenex tissue box package designs for you to use for inspiration. Pick one of them, and use ANY aspect of the design that you want. You may be inspired by the colors, or you many be inspired just by the design itself and want to use different colors. Go with whatever the package design inspires you to create. I have included a pic of the front of each box and the side. You don't have to use both. But you can if you want to. It is all about what the design inspires you to create. So have fun with it.

Since this runs for two months I am allowing a submission for each of the 6 tissue boxes, and I will choose 2 winners. Please no multiple submissions for the same box.

Here are the boxes. I have them numbered so please let us know which box you chose for you inspiration.


Tissue Box #1

Image Image


Tissue Box #2

Image Image


Tissue Box #3

Image Image


Tissue Box #4

Image Image


Tissue Box #5

Image Image


Tissue Box #6

Image Image


I love all of these designs and I find them very inspiring. I hope you all do too. I plan to do more layouts using them as inspiration.

Anyone looking at the camera roll on my phone right now would wonder why I take pictures of tissue boxes Lol.

Open to paper, digi, hybrid, cards, crafts, planners, or whatever this inspires you to create.

You may do this challenge 6 times, as long as each submission was inspired by a different tissue box. 

You may combine with one other challenge that allows combining, and you may also add to the Motivational Challenge.

This will run through the end of October. Post your submission to this thread by October31st. Two random winners of all participants will each receive a $5 ACOT GC from me!

Here is my page. My inspiration came from Tissue Box #4. It inspired me to use the Midnight paper from Cocoa Vanilla for its colors, and to also die cut delicate leaves and flowers out of white cardstock. I also was inspired to lay in some color, offsetting the shapes with the white die cuts. Then I inlaid color in some of them too.

Image


Hope you all have fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Participants:
1. QueenBee89
2. Amy Jo
3. Charleneanne
4. traveler
5. Retiree3
6. joannie
7. scrappinmom99
8. DrSonja
9. jcsmaestra
9. Ashjoy
10. ScrappyDistractions
11. blfonty
12. Sharman Paulus .
13. Nana01
14. JAire
15. Jolly Holly Scraps
16. Scrapqueen141
17. Donna_Coughlin
18. Donna_Coughlin
19. shoorn
20. Deanna13
21. Krystle
22. Aztam
23. traveler
24. Art_Teacher
25. ScrappyRN74
26. QueenBee89
27. QueenBee89
28. aheatfan
29. sherriscraps
30. sherriscraps
31. jcsmaestra
32. jcsmaestra
33. QueenBee89
34. wendycrowe
35. Berta R.
36. QueenBee89
37. wissphotos
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Ha ha ha....I thought I was the only weirdo who picked products for their packaging!   Love this challenge!
I'm currently experiencing life at the speed of 15 WTFs an hour.

Kathy


  Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
User avatar

KristinG

Cherry Cropper

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Your example is stunning!!! I am a big fan of Kleenex, I had a teacher project on Donors Choose and they matched all donations dollar for dollar bringing lots of science materials into my classroom  💓
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage
 
User avatar

SandyJay

Cherry Cola

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Fantastic idea!  I often look at patterns on clothing...Kleenex boxes are great too!  I LOVE your page example, and these fun boxes!  I hope I get the time and have the motivation to do at least one.  Thank you for hosting!   💕
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
I love love love your sample!!!! Eeeek! You know how much I do love using die cut leaves! Those tissue boxes are beautiful!
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Yankeegirl wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:33 pm
Ha ha ha....I thought I was the only weirdo who picked products for their packaging!   Love this challenge!

Ha ha ha! It’s the artist in us!!!! I do it too! 😊
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

SandyJay

Cherry Cola

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
suewho372 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:54 pm
Yankeegirl wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:33 pm
Ha ha ha....I thought I was the only weirdo who picked products for their packaging!   Love this challenge!

Ha ha ha! It’s the artist in us!!!! I do it too! 😊 

Same with bottles of wine, I swear they market to women sometimes!
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Oh, this is a fun topic!  I always have a difficult time choosing the patterns on tissues.  I buy the multi package also, but with 3.  I dig through until I find the pack that has the most of the design I want.  Color match is so important!  LOL!
    ImageImage
User avatar

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Mommytron wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:00 pm
suewho372 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:54 pm
Yankeegirl wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:33 pm
Ha ha ha....I thought I was the only weirdo who picked products for their packaging!   Love this challenge!

Ha ha ha! It’s the artist in us!!!! I do it too! 😊  

Same with bottles of wine, I swear they market to women sometimes! 

I am sure they do! And it sells!  :greenlol: :)
Susan
Image

                     
User avatar

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
I love your sample layout! Several of these jumped out at me right away with perfect photos/collections to use!!!
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image
ImageImage
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Yankeegirl wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:33 pm
Ha ha ha....I thought I was the only weirdo who picked products for their packaging!   Love this challenge!

If you're weird, then I'm weird and we can be weird together! I do the same thing :greenlol:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
This is so awesome Barb! Like many of the cherries, I do the same thing. Either the 12-pk at Sam's Club or the 4-pk at H-E-B. DH laughs at me, but IDC.

Your example is beautiful!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

  ImageImage   Image Image
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
great challenge, those Kleenex boxes are very inspiring. I love your example.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Awesome challenge and designs! It's funny, I often look at the tissue boxes (we go through SO many boxes of tissues here!) and think the same thing - how pretty they are and I should be inspired by them!
Happy Scrapping, cherries!
Hugs, Anne-Marie
User avatar

blfonty

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Loving this graphic design challenge! You all need to check out the tissue boxes from Trader Joe's. Nothing like the gorgeous designs for this challenge. Each side of the Trader Joe's tissue box has a different message from the tissue:

"I'm there when you're sad. love, tissue"
"I'm there when you need to pick up icky things. kindly, tissue"
"I'm there when you're sick. feel better, tissue"
"I'm there when you run out of toilet paper. you're welcome, tissue"

On the box top is says, "please don't leave me in your pocket when you do laundry."
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.  Image.  Image  
User avatar

SandyJay

Cherry Cola

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
blfonty wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:33 pm
Loving this graphic design challenge! You all need to check out the tissue boxes from Trader Joe's. Nothing like the gorgeous designs for this challenge. Each side of the Trader Joe's tissue box has a different message from the tissue:

"I'm there when you're sad. love, tissue"
"I'm there when you need to pick up icky things. kindly, tissue"
"I'm there when you're sick. feel better, tissue"
"I'm there when you run out of toilet paper. you're welcome, tissue"

On the box top is says, "please don't leave me in your pocket when you do laundry."
That is hilarious!!  I love it!!  Especially the last one…  😶
 
User avatar

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Here’s mine for Box #6 - I used the same color palette & used dark alphas for my title to match the script on the box

Combined with Movie challenge

before I go to sleep
Image
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image
ImageImage
User avatar

pawprints

Cherry Paws

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
blfonty wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:33 pm
Loving this graphic design challenge! You all need to check out the tissue boxes from Trader Joe's. Nothing like the gorgeous designs for this challenge. Each side of the Trader Joe's tissue box has a different message from the tissue:

"I'm there when you're sad. love, tissue"
"I'm there when you need to pick up icky things. kindly, tissue"
"I'm there when you're sick. feel better, tissue"
"I'm there when you run out of toilet paper. you're welcome, tissue"

On the box top is says, "please don't leave me in your pocket when you do laundry."
Lol that is really cute!
 
Image

Image Image Image  

 
User avatar

handerful

Cherry Cropper

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
Sniff sniff!   Pass the tissues! 

Great Challenge!  I see a lot of possibilities with these designs!
Image Image
RACHEL
User avatar

Amy Jo

Cherry Bomb

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge
I was inspired by the color scheme of the first Kleenex box. I don’t typically scrapbook with purple but I love the way it looked with navy blue! I also loved the mix of patterns on this box so I used a bunch of PPs on this layout.

Image
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/309382
ImageImageImageImage
 
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee