Skip to main content
Just landed Fresh arrivals this week : Amber Ledgers, Pinkfresh Festive Fun, Honey Bee Acorn & Ember, and more! Shop New →
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 FINALLY HOME!!
Here you go Cherries that are playing along...guidelines for your art journal entries.  Please earmark/save this link. 

Also, here's a link to the previous album where you can see everyone's pages in one place. 
2024 Pass the Art Journal Challenge.

The theme/title for this journal will be CREATE.  Please interpret any way you choose.  There are no strict rules other than not to make it chunky!

This quote will be on the inside front cover of the journal....

The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Creation brings satisfaction and fulfillment.  We develop ourselves and others when we take organized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty.Dieter F. Uchtdorf 

Journal will be mailed on July 11th.

The journal size is A5 which is 5.83" x 8.27" and there are 10 pages total in the journal.

Each Cherry will do a 2 page spread. Design is your choice as long as it does not have dimension that will make the journal "lumpy" and difficult to close. Some suggestions...inks, watercolors, rub-ons, stencils, etc. are all one dimensional. Die cuts work too as long as they are not stacked or have a lot of additional dimension.

Next, you will add something to the prior Cherry's pages too. You can add a stamped image, some doodling, washi tape, your name, whatever you want just so it's relatively flat same as your own 2 page spread.

Since the journal starts with a right hand page, I will do the first and last pages. The next cherry to follow me on the list will add to the first and last pages. (my pages)

Inside the front and back covers, there will be a place to sign your name and add a comment if you choose.

When you have completed everything, you will mail it to the next Cherry on the list. You should be able to mail in an 8 x 10 envelope. Please keep in the plastic bag for extra protection.

A list of participants in order along with address labels will be included in the envelope.

POST YOUR PAGES HERE ALONG WITH ADDITIONS MADE TO YOUR PARTNER CHERRY'S PAGES.  WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS!

Questions? Please PM me.

Here is the mailing order.

1. Vicki R to Traveler/Louise

2. Traveler/Louise

3. Birgit55~Chickadee/Birgit

4. lisn2cats/Elissa

5. DrSonja/Sonja

6. Mycreativerootscraft/Flora

7. Craftydoer/Jessica

8. Kelly R/Kelly

9. Kelly R to Vicki


 
    ImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0
BTT for participants.
    ImageImage
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0
SUPER DUPER EXCITED!!! 🤩
Can't wait to see what all the Cherries do! 😍 
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

Kelly R.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0
So Cool!

Vicki, I tried to find the original Art Journal from last year in your gallery, but I didn't find it.  Will you please provide the link?  

Thank you!
1 user liked this post:
:) Kelly 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0
Kelly_R wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 10, 2025 1:42 pm
So Cool!

Vicki, I tried to find the original Art Journal from last year in your gallery, but I didn't find it.  Will you please provide the link?  

Thank you!
I linked it in the first post.
 
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

DrSonja

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0
Will there be an address list in the package?
1 user liked this post:
Image  Image Image
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0
DrSonja wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 10, 2025 2:41 pm
Will there be an address list in the package?

Yes, I will add that to the original post.  TY!
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

Birgit55~Chickadee

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0
thanks so much Vicki!  This was super fun the last time.  I enjoyed tracking the journal as it made its way to all the crafty ladies, and seeing their work.  
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
Looking forward to it. Thanks Vicki 😊
2 users liked this post:
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
I like this theme. 
1 user liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

CraftyDoer

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
Love the theme! It'll be so neat to create in this journal and have something tangible from you participating Cherries! Great theme Vicki!
1 user liked this post:
Let's connect! Follow me on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram for mixed media paper crafting inspiration @TheCraftyDoings

Image

Image ImageImageImage
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
Journal update....Sorry for the delay ladies.  June and the beginning of July were much busier than I anticipated.  My journal pages and the inside cover are done.  As soon as I finish the start of the cover it will be in the mail to Louise by July 11th.
2 users liked this post:
    ImageImage
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
VickiR wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 08, 2025 6:52 pm
Journal update....Sorry for the delay ladies.  June and the beginning of July were much busier than I anticipated.  My journal pages and the inside cover are done.  As soon as I finish the start of the cover it will be in the mail to Louise by July 11th.
I’m going away next week so maybe just give it to me when I see you the following week 
 
1 user liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
trainmom wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 08, 2025 8:24 pm
VickiR wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 08, 2025 6:52 pm
Journal update....Sorry for the delay ladies.  June and the beginning of July were much busier than I anticipated.  My journal pages and the inside cover are done.  As soon as I finish the start of the cover it will be in the mail to Louise by July 11th.
I’m going away next week so maybe just give it to me when I see you the following week 
  
That's perfect!  You won't have to worry about it fitting in the mail slot!
 
    ImageImage
User avatar

Jolly Holly Scraps

Cherry Cropper

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
VickiR wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 08, 2025 6:52 pm
Journal update....Sorry for the delay ladies.  June and the beginning of July were much busier than I anticipated.  My journal pages and the inside cover are done.  As soon as I finish the start of the cover it will be in the mail to Louise by July 11th.

I'm so excited about THIS, Vicki! 😍 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
Okay ladies....Since Traveler/Louise is away this week, I am passing the journal to her on Friday, July 25th when I meet with her at CKC.  She will do her pages and then mail on to the next person on the list.  See the first post of this thread for all the info.

Here are the inside front and back covers where you have a "painter's palette" to personalize.  Questions?  Post here or PM me.

Palette Pages
Image Image

Here are my pages...the first and last pages.

Sunflower Art
Image Image

I am going to hold of doing the cover until everyone adds their artwork.  I'm not happy with it because it's already lose and may come off before we're done passing it around.  Not to worry about it.  It needs to be included so that everyone can add to the palettes.  I will figure it out when it gets back and may add additional binding to it.
 
    ImageImage
User avatar

Birgit55~Chickadee

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
Beautiful pages!  The quote you added to the inside cover is so perfect for such a journal.  Can't wait to see this progress.
1 user liked this post:
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
Birgit55 wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 20, 2025 6:55 am
Beautiful pages!  The quote you added to the inside cover is so perfect for such a journal.  Can't wait to see this progress.

Thanks Birgit!  
    ImageImage
User avatar

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
Your pages are amazing Vicki! Hard act to follow.
1 user liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

 
User avatar

VickiR

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: 2025 Pass the Art Journal Challenge 2.0 - UPDATED WITH THEME
trainmom wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 20, 2025 9:21 am
Your pages are amazing Vicki! Hard act to follow.

Thanks...I went a little vintage this time.  Using up some stash too.  Everyone has done a phenomenal job in the past and I'm sure they will be just as awesome this time around.
    ImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee