Skip to main content
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

What's stopping you
I really want to know what is stopping you from doing hybrid (using digi and paper supplies together)? Be honest. List everything that comes to mind. This is becoming quite the trend, and if you tell us why you haven't jumped on the bandwagon, maybe we can help (unless you're skeered! :winkb: )
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

Re: What's stopping you
Honestly, because I have NO CLUE how to use a digi kit. I have the tools...PSE 8, computer, 12x12 printer.....but I guess yes, I am scared.
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams
User avatar

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Re: What's stopping you
Today is simple................very little coloer ink left:-D :-D Otherwise I have pretty much joined the biscraptual!!!!!!!!!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11



User avatar

Scrappy69

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: What's stopping you
My stupid printer!!!! I can't get it working in order to print out my digi stuff to use with my paper supplies. Ha! Can you come over and help me with that? :)
Image
User avatar

mysunshine

Cherry Bing

Re: What's stopping you
Nothing! I love hybrid! I do find that I need just the right paper for printing on though...regular cardstock just doesn't do it.
- Angie - Come read my blog!
User avatar

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

Re: What's stopping you
Mostly its the cost of ink for me. I love the elements and papers from digital... but the use of my ink isn't worth it, when I already have so many paper elements I could use. Now I do print out a lot of transparency with digital fonts, swirls, and small elements... but no papers etc.

Otherwise I'm really not scared and I think I'm more hybrid then I realize when I actually see how much I print on transparency to help me out on some layouts.
~ Carissa ~

Image
User avatar

Cherry Jubilee

Re: What's stopping you
Honestly, I just don't think of it when I'm in the middle of scrapbooking and the inconvenience for me. My computer and printer are upstairs and my scrappy stuff is downstairs, so it's a hassle to go back and forth.
Image
User avatar

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

Re: What's stopping you
I expect the big answer here would be the printing issue. Sometimes it does take a lot of ink, depending on the project you're working with. But if you already own a good printer and haven't already run out of ink... then I'd like to know what holds you back :winkb:
Image Image
User avatar

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Re: What's stopping you
I think it's the fact that my printer stinks (which isn't surprising, it was one of those "Get me free when you buy a computer" deals!)... whenever I print something with lots of color it ends up faded and wrinkly and gross looking... I think this may be a product of the paper too, though... I'm going to try it with some heavier weight paper...
♥♥Amber♥♥ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: What's stopping you
Honestly, because I have NO CLUE how to use a digi kit. I have the tools...PSE 8, computer, 12x12 printer.....but I guess yes, I am scared.
If PSE is too overwhelming, then you can Insert digi jpegs right into Microsoft Word and print them. Or, you can try some of the wonderful designs Amy Teets has that are in .pdf form. All you have to do is download, extract and open them!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

kcatt79

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: What's stopping you
I have thought about doing digital and hybrid, but I dont for a few reasons.
I dont have a color printer. This makes it hard to do things that needs more than black and white.

I love the feel of glue!

I am afraid that I wouldnt get anything actually printed if I did digital or hybrid.

Image





wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/
Image
User avatar

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: What's stopping you
I have many reasons. 1. I don't know my way around computers like I wish I did.
2. I have so much scrappy supplies that I will never be able to use it all.

3. I guess you could say that I haven't ever really tried, so what's to say that I wouldn't like it.

4. Still like the hands on that I have with paper.

5. Everyone that I scrap with is a paper scrapper.

6. Really never gave it much thought either.
 Image ImageImage
   Image
User avatar

Kitkat137

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: What's stopping you
I don't have a 12x12 printer and can't afford the colored ink to repeatedly print quality graphic images.

I also like working with tangible items.
Kat >^..^<

Image Image Image
User avatar

scrappie_stacie

Cherry Bomb

Re: What's stopping you
I just like working with tangible things... the paper, the thickers, the buttons, all my fun tools... I find it challenging, yet theraputic. Plus I'm a huge collector of all things scrappy. It just wouldn't be the same going on my computer and oogling all my downloads... LOL! Maybe someday...
Image

---------------------------------------------------------
User avatar

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Re: What's stopping you
my computer doesn't like it... really! I tried a fefw times to download things and Vista refuses to accept anything... I swear there is a gremlin in here :x and, a little part of me is afraid I will love digi so much that all my paper supplies will go to waste :winkb:
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
Image 
Image
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

 
User avatar

averys_mom

Cherry Cola

Re: What's stopping you
Lack of ink in my printer, LOL!
User avatar

Art_Teacher

A Cherry on Top

Re: What's stopping you
But hybrid lets you play with the glue and the tangible things! That's why it is awesome!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image
User avatar

stampaholic85

Cherry Bing

Re: What's stopping you
I do not have a program to to digi with. I want something easy to use. I have been collecting digi stuff, does that count?
Image            Barb H
                                                                        Facebook page: Pink Passion Stamper
User avatar

Alissa103

Cherry Berry

Re: What's stopping you
My printer isn't the best and the inks are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. My computer is also slowed down with all the photos and things I have on it, so adding more files makes me kind of paranoid (yes, I have back-ups and an external hard-drive, but it still makes me step back).
User avatar

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

Re: What's stopping you
just know that this is a pet project of mine (with the help of the digi girls on my team) and you will be seeing a LOT more of it in the future! I am so excited!!!
~pam~
Post Reply

Return to “Summer Crop 2010”

Information