What's on YOUR list? PS - Hi!!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

SusanZennario
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 357

What's on YOUR list? PS - Hi!!

Post by SusanZennario » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:51 am

OK I know that its been like forever and a week since I've been here. I've missed so many of you, kept up with a lot of you on Facebook! I even missed a crop which I never do! But I have decided to get myself out of this funk or whatever I have been in for the past year and get back to what I love so much....scrapping. Since my mom died in October 2010 I have only scrapped a few times. I've since moved to a nice home and have a pretty awesome scrapbooking room all to myself, had surgery with 3 months off work and yet I just didn't have the heart or desire to do anything.

A few weeks ago a good friend of mine asked me to make Save the Date cards for her upcoming wedding and I touched paper and glue and glitter and I was HAPPY! I've now been asked to make her wedding invitations to match! I'm not so much looking forward to that as I got VERY bored making 100 Save the Date cards all the same but it DID get me into my scraproom and since then I've been daydreaming, looking at sketches, chekcing out the gallerys, etc.

So today I got my tax refund and have promised myself a little treat out of it. I've already got some of the new MME lines in my cart....that's a given...but what else MUST I get? What's HOT and whats NOT these days! Its been over a year since I did any real scrappy shopping!!!!!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 943

Re: What's on YOUR list? PS - Hi!!

Post by FairyMouseMom » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:04 am

Hey, Susan....not much on "paper goods" nowadays...but wanted to welcome you back!!!
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image

anazelia
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 795

Post by anazelia » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:21 am

yay Susan welcome back. I don't know about anyone else but I would love some of those crazy 8 punches by we r memory keepers.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2913

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Hey Susan! Welcome back. You've been missed!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1886

Post by scrappininAK » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi =- so glad you're back
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1556

Post by joannie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:13 pm

I just came across a layout of yours in my "saved" file in the gallery yesterday!! You've been missed!! New for me is that I just bought some twine. I haven't played around with it much yet...but i love all the colors that it comes in!! I'm anxious to use it!!

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1553

Post by mgehrke » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi Susan.....I have so missed you. I do go on FB but not as much as I used to. I am so glad that you made it back to ACOT.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 55, 33 and 27) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (3) and Sawyer (1).

craftyk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 38

Post by craftyk » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Welcome back!

Sandi0805
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1759

Post by Sandi0805 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Susan and so glad to see you back. I have definitely missed seeing your wonderful layouts. Can't wait to see some new layouts. As far as what is hot, I'm not sure. I have been using up stuff from my stash. I do agree that MME does have some great stuff coming out.
Image Image
ImageImageImage

Retiree3
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 4117

Post by Retiree3 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Welcome back! The loss of a parent can be very devastating and cause lots of different emotions to surface. I'm glad your back.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

javalove
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 163

Post by javalove » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 pm

YAY...you're back! We've missed you and your wonderful pages. As for what's hot, I keep promising myself some twine but haven't bought any yet. I went overboard on embroidery floss a couple of years ago (at least it was cheap), so I'm trying to exercise some self-control. So happy to "see" you here!
Lisa

Image Image

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 448

Post by writerlady » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi - good to see you. I want the Tim Holtz markers. Not paper, but... fun!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1097

Post by beachlover » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Susan, so glad to see you back!!!

Although I have spent plenty, nothing has really wowed me lately. I have gone through and used up some older stuff that I love and was hoarding (lots of EP)
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

SusanZennario
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 357

Post by SusanZennario » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Well I guess this is a good thing!!! The thing everyone is saying is twine and I have lots of it in lots of color...dont use it much but I have it. I'm home early today since the school nurse called and said my daughter was sick and theres a nasty virus going around so I actually did one page already and tonight plan to do some shopping. Im off for the next 4 days and John (my bf) is going skiing for the weekend!! That means lots of time to play!

Thanks fr the welcome back!! I have to catch up on whats going on! The whole site looks different!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 27

Post by Monroe1218 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Welcome back, Susan!! So glad to "see" you around here again and I'm looking forward to seeing your amazing layouts in the gallery again soon....
Rebecca

Judy in NM
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 62

Post by Judy in NM » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Welcome back!
~~ Judy ~~

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 514

Post by PezKat » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Oh welcome back!! I have to tell you that you're one of my favorite non-CT inspirations, and now that the CT is leaving (that's the big news around here! -look for a post titled "Our Creative Team") I'll really look forward to seeing what you post. I love the new MME and want to get some twine as well! Anyway dig in to the Feb. challenges as we don't know what we'll have challenge-wise in the coming months.
Image Image

cort
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 91

Post by cort » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:40 pm

anazelia wrote:yay Susan welcome back. I don't know about anyone else but I would love some of those crazy 8 punches by we r memory keepers.

that would be on my wish list as well! those look awesome!
ImageImage

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1078

Post by Ayla » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:34 am

SUSAN!!!! So glad to see you back and scrapping again! I've missed seeing you around, have thought about you often. Wanna hear a secret? (of course, it really isn't a secret, just the date)....I'm getting married! Maybe I can actually get back into paper (that digi bug bit hard) and make my invitations!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 187

Post by 1grandma » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:40 am

Welcome back. Wondered where you were. Now I know. Sorry for your lost, but so happy that you are scrapping again.
Bibi

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”