Skip to main content
World Card Making Day SALE! Take 15% off the regular price of everything, or 20% off orders $100+ with codeWCMD
Cherry Hunt Daily Progress 0/1000
User avatar

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Transparent Fill Layer???
 Now that it's summer (almost) I'm once again playing around with digi. 

Silly question - I'm trying to use Julie Mead's freebie kit, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the gray fill layer when I drag the flowers onto my layout.  Help!!
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Image

Image
User avatar

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 Totally easy.  You turn off your computer and grab some paper, adhesive, flowers and a brad.  There...I'm a helper :winkb:
Image
CHEERS~~
User avatar

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 Ha ha ha - I could have seriously finished like 3 layouts by now.  This is why I keep giving up on digi - by the time I learn how to do something, I forget everything else I've learned!!
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Image

Image
User avatar

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 I'm not sure what you mean? Where is the grey layer, on your LO or on Julie's Flower? You may just have to change your viewing preferences.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
User avatar

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 When I drag a flower or a brad up into my layout, there is a box around it, and the box is filled with gray.  Let me see if I can upload it into the gallery and put an image into this thread.
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Image

Image
User avatar

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 ohhhh.... somebody else was having this problem with an eyelet!!  They were getting the computer teacher at school to help them with it.  I don't remember ever hearing what the solution was.
User avatar

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 Okay - I searched for the eyelet issue in the digi forum and I think I solved the issue -

Ctrl + A
Ctrl + C
Ctrl + V

clicking & dragging was not working for me

Of course - I still can't upload to the gallery!!  Sometimes I'm just baffled by technology!
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Image

Image
User avatar

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 I have had that problem before and I just cut around the element and then pasted into a new file.  Then used the new file to add to what I was working on.  I am sure there is an easier way then what I did but I have no clue what it is.  I do a bunch of stuff in PSE and CS2 but I am still learning.  I completely get where you are coming from when you talk about having to learn everything.  I always know what I want to do- it's just how to actually do it that baffles me. 
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/


ImageImage
User avatar

digiVixen

Digital Designers

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 i'm just curious since this is the second time a similar thing has come up.... what software and version are you using to scrap with?  i know in 2005 when i first started this came up a lot because there were a lot of digiscrappers using older versions of PS etc and there were compatibility issues with .PNG files created in newer versions of software....

anyway i'm just curious. :)

User avatar

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 I'm in so much trouble. 

What Anita wrote:  "a lot of digiscrappers using older versions of PS etc and there were compatibility issues with .PNG files created in newer versions..."

What I read:  A lot of digscrappers using older blahs of blah, blah and there were compatblity issues with .blah.blah.blah created in newer blahs....
Image
Image
CHEERS~~
User avatar

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 I'm using PSE6.  I don't remember having the issue when I was using PSE5, but I haven't played with anything digi since last summer. 
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Image

Image
User avatar

lizziej

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 That's interesting about the compatability problems.  I'm using PSE 2.0 and I've never had any compatability problems with .PNG files.  I hope I didn't just jinx myself!
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!
Image
User avatar

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 I haven't had that happen to me.  I'm using PSE 6.

I just figured out how to and made my own overlay!!!!  :-D
User avatar

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
 I'm using PSE 4.0 and haven't had that issue. I think she figured it out though. You can't drag and drop the layers. You have to "Select All", "Copy" the element you want to use and then "Paste" onto the layout.

HTH
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball


Image
User avatar

davsar

Cherry Cola

Re: Transparent Fill Layer???
Can you use your color select tool, click on the grey and then cut it?  I don't use PS so I'm not sure what you are seeing.
ImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Digital Talk”

Information

Moderators

MamaK321, ACOT Employee